St. Clair Hotel-Hostel

Fabulous 548 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
13th May 2017

This was my second time staying at the St. Clair, and it was just perfect! I love the nautical decor and little bits of stained glass everywhere -- it's not your typical sterile hostel environment. My sister and I shared a clean private double with a bunk bed in it. The location is great -- walking distance from Vancouver nightlife. Lovely friendly staff too. Thanks!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
12th May 2017

Stayed 2 nights here and it was great! Small rooms, no lockers in rooms but wasn't afraid of my stuff being stolen. No waits for showers in the morning. Hot water :) location is best part!! Close to 2 sky train stations and major bus lines. Not a party hostel which was perfect! Close enough to all the best spots downtown. Looking forward to staying here again in a couple months.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
11th May 2017
4.3

The staff isn't friendly. The rooms are cram, there's no space to put your luggage. There are lockers in the hallway to store laptop etc in. There's a sink in the dorm, but no communal sinks to brush your teeth somewhere else, so you 100% wake up fellow travellers. There was a mouse in our room, when telling the staff the reply was 'omg sorry! normally they're only in the alley'. couches in common area felt dirty, kitchenette was minimalistic. Definitely not worth saving 10$ on to other hostels

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th May 2017
3.1

No kitchen, bar or anywhere really to meet people. The staff were quite rude when we wanted to change our booking and we were not able to in the end. For the price, I would definitely stay somewhere else.

• kemoncharles1115
  • Trinidad And Tobago, Male, 25-30
7th May 2017

The security was great with cameras everywhere and locked doors. The facilities were clean and comfortable. The location is ideally located downtown near to everything so I loved it and would definitely stay here again if I return to Vancouver.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th May 2017
5.1

Staff were friendly and it's in a great location but it wasn't very clean and there is no bar or kitchen making it hard to meet other travellers.

• AitchBengtsson
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd May 2017
8.0

My recommendation would be to try an arrive during daylight hours, for personal safety reasons. The hostel makes it simple for late check in. The building is old so the facilities are a little temperamental but clean and friendly staff. It also has the strange bonus of looking like the inside of a ship. Excellent location in the heart of downtown Vancouver BC.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2017
7.1

I have no real complaints about the hostel except to note perhaps that it was quite warm at night, but hey, it's an OLD building. Old buildings get warm (I have lived full time in one, so I know.) It was clean, beautiful and comfortable. It felt like a nice safe place to curl up for the night. Since it was my first hosteling experience though, I have nothing to compare it to, so please take my review with a huge grain of salt. I only met the receptionist once because I arrived very late.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2017
6.9

Very cute boutique style hostel but very limited facilities, kitchen facilities are only a microwave and toaster and I don't think that is made very obvious before booking. No kitchen and small common room (which was often empty) lead to there being very little atmosphere. Probably nice as a cheaper alternative to a hotel if travelling with someone but not your usual backpacker vibe. Staff friendly and cheap to do laundry though

25th Apr 2017

My stay at St Clair was made wonderful primarily by the staff. I had a short layover in Vancouver and ended up checking in after reception closed and leaving before reception opened the following morning. The staff went way out of their way to help me check in and out and were quick to respond to my email inquiries even after hours. I was touched by the efforts that they made so that I could have a place to sleep instead of spending an overnight in the airport!