St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

There's no living room to socialize. No kitchen. The room was dirt and untidy, there was no staff to clean on the day I arrived,

A good place if all you need is a place to sleep, but there is no space for anything else. The bathrooms are cleaned every day, but still look pretty grungy. They could use an update. There are also no lockers or secure storage areas.

Well, I staid there for 1 night and I'll never come back, the shower was cold, in the middle of the night the heat went off, beds were also too much soft. The staff is great but the hostel sucks.

Staff were very kind, helpful and went out of their way for me. Room is very basic but decent and the coffee and tea in the bedrooms were a nice touch. Met lovely girls in my dorm and was happy to find the rooms not crowded. However, my bunk bed squeaked terribly and I don't believe there are washing machines though which is fine for a short stay. Also a few more power points in the room would have been amazing but we made it work. Great location! :) Would definitely stay there again :)

• 14th Dec 2014

Good hostel for a shopping- sleepover or short stop. Rather a hotel than a hostel (no kitchen). Nothing to complain, except the pub ventilation went on in night.

• 30th Nov 2014

Love the ladies at the front desk! Super helpful, fun, and nice!

• 28th Nov 2014

We got no sleep the night night we stayed. If someone moved on the bunk, whether it be above or below, the bunk would shake and creak. They were not very sturdy. Also - there was music blasting from outside our window from when we checked in at 3pm until we checked out at 10am the next morning. It never turned off or got quieter. And we couldn't figure out where it came from.

Great location, good atmosphere in female room. Wery warm. Everything important was maximum 15 minutes from our hostel (tesco, bus stations, trains, pubs...). Bathroom needs cleaning or renovation but it's not very bad. You cvan live with that when you only use your room to sleep a little and go away for all day like us. Fresh fluffy towels, shampoo and cookies every day. Also, you can make tee or coffee in your room. We've spend a very nice 3 days in Scotland :)

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Loved our stay here! The blonde lady at reception was an absolute gem. Great location, and there was free cookies!!!

Friendly helpful reception staff, great location at a good price

St Enoch's is not a hostel in the normal sense, it's a hotel that subdivides its rooms. There is no common area, kitchen or any of the usual hostel amenities. The room was small and lacked storage so stuff was piled on the floor. Bathroom had seen better days. The location was OK and staff were friendly, but for the money I'd go elsewhere.

Just a five minutes walk from Glasgow Central, option to leave your luggage on leaving day. We had a great stay.

I spent there just one night, but it was perfect. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, so i can not say anythig wrong. It is in the city center, shops, restaurants, cafe bars are around the hostel. Definitely recommend it!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Hungary

Great central location, and very quiet considering the hotel was between 2 takeaways and above a pub. The receptionist who was there when I checked in was very friendly and chatty, and gave me some great recommendations for stuff to do in Glasgow (including visiting the uni, where all the Harry Potter films were set). The room was clean and in reasonable condition, but VERY cold - grateful for the electric heater in there!!!!

An excellent location and very good room. Good launching place to explore the sights of Glasgow! But It can get a little noisy with partygoers in the street at night!

The staff were lovely perfect the best hostel in Europe

• 2nd Nov 2014

Great stay for cheap money

People open my bags inside my room and the staff could give my money back to I move to another hostel. They didn't help with recommendations about Glasgow. I hated this place and I have told to my friends to never go there.

I thought it was mostly perfect. The beds were surprisingly comfy, the staff was so nice, and I was SO relieved that they had a free small breakfast! The only small complaints I have are: we were in a hurry in the morning and looked forward to getting into the kitchen for a quick breakfast at 7, but it was late being opened. And also, the stairs were pretty slippery and my friend actually fell down quite a few. All is well though, and we still had a great time! Thanks!

The room felt really dirty. The linen was not clean, and I don't think the carpet has been hoovered in a while. As for the bathroom - well, at least the toilet flushed. There was a lot of mould and just plain dirt in there. Cheap, but never again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3