St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

I was very happy to have such a nice, clean cosy bed and a nice hot shower. The hotel is right in the centre of Glasgow and is excellent value. There were also towels, a kettle, tea, coffee, TV, and soap and shampoo. I could not fault any aspect of the hostel or staff.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Parts of the walls from the room was falling apart. Stains on the suspended ceiling. Staff could also dust the cups/spoons before we get there.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I was pleasantly surprised about my stay here. For being the cheapest lodging in Glasgow, the receptionist was great and they automatically put me in a room with less beds and no one else staying in it. The room was warm and had a kettle with tea and biscuits. Even towels and soap was included with an en-suite shower!

• 16th Feb 2015

The only advantage of this place is its location otherwise nothing good could be said about it. I will never go there again.

Location was close to train station and main shopping streets. Room was older but clean and had own TV and bathroom. Good budget room for those only staying a night or two.

It's an old building, and it definitely shows. The room was plenty good enough though; nice bed, TV, and free tea and biscuits. Can't go wrong for the price, plus its right at the end of the main strip.

• 1st Feb 2015

We went on a lads weekend it was cheap and just average all we wanted was a place to sleep and wash etc the room as lovely and clean right in the middle of the city and the staff at reception were really nice and helpful. It was a a little cold but glasgow is cold around the time we went good value for money

• 30th Jan 2015

out of the 4 showers on our floor, only one was working. The bathrooms really needed to be cleaned as well

very loud! but we booked a five-bed room and actually got a six-bed room :)

As it is technically a hotel (they simply put bunk beds in the rooms to make dorms) there is no common area. The wifi is available everywhere but is incredibly slow. The beds were very uncomfortable and squeaked with the slightest movement. Repairs had been made to the shower by someone who didn't have a clue what they were doing, and the shower was mouldy in every corner. Having said that, it was the cheapest I've seen for a long time, in a great location

It's an former hotel changed in an hostel. But we don't have the confort of an hotel nor the atmosphere of an hostel (no common room...). And the bed are quite noisy and the mattress too thin. However, the place where the hostel is, is pretty good.

• 13th Jan 2015

I DO NOT recommend this if you are a young solo traveller looking to meet people. No opportunities to meet people other than your roommates and for me I was alone in the room. It was a pretty lonely stay. It is cheap place to stay in the city, nothing luxury about it of course. You get what you pay for. No secure place to keep luggage. The staff are very friendly and willing to help and you get good discounts at the pub next door.

Location was very good. Nice pub with food right next to the place. Staff was nice and helpfull. What i didn't like is the fact that the room was quite small (I was in the one with 4 beds). Poor view from the window and you could actually fell the building shaking when it was windy outside (which is in Scotland like almost allways :) ). Another thing is there was a lot of visible mold in the bathroom.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Poland

We rented a 4 shared room and we was 3 person, including myself. We stayed alone, since nobody else came. The staff of the hotel was really helpful and easy-going. It was cozy and tidy and the position was awesome.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! Great room with a TV and a kettle to make tea and coffee. Fresh towels and good sized bed. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Will definetly stay again!

Cleanliness is an issue

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

It was a great experience, staff were very helpful

• 5th Jan 2015

The female staff were nice, the boys were useless. Wifi is terrible, bathrooms are pretty gross, no kitchen, beds are really close together. You do get free tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms which is nice. The hostel has a weird smell which seemed to get worse after cleaning each day, very strong fruity or floral smell trying to mask the chemical smell from cleaning products. Cut my stay short from 3 nights to 2, the hostel is a little depressing, no vibe.

In my opinion, the shower was a bit cold, some of the beds weren't so good, the room had some inconveniences, the staff could have us treated better, but they offered us cookies in the room and the location is good.

• 3rd Jan 2015

If you want to walk in Glasgow, I would not recommend this hostel, it would be my last option if returned to Glasgow.

• 3rd Jan 2015