St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

It was a room with beds at a reasonable price. The rooms, especially the bathrooms smelt like mould which is potentially a health hazard. It was manageable for one night because the rooms were very small and the smell was pretty bad. Positive was it was in a good location.

The staff was friendly and the location was right next to a metro station in the city centre. Couldn't connect to the wifi at night, which was a bit annoying.

The room was clean and had a good bathroom. There were also tea and coffee making facilities. Towels, soap and shampoo were provided which was nice. The only not so good things were the beds which were quite uncomfortable, and that the hostel doesn't have any common room or kitchen. There isn't the kind of nice and friendly atmosphere that you find in some other hostels, but it's good value for money otherwise. It's also a walking distance away from the bus and train stations.

This is a hotel with dorms, not a hostel in any way. Staff was ok, no rude attitude. Wifi didn't work at all, not in reception or in the rooms. The biggest plus was the fresh towels everyday and the room cleaning. So to sum up; a great place for 1 or 2 nights if you're out all the time. The hotel is nothing more than a place to sleep. Ps. the noise from the bar wasn't bad at all

This is a place to stay if you are only looking for a place to sleep. It's just a lobby and the rooms, so there's no kitchen or common area. My wifi didn't work for my entire stay, which was a huge downfall considering the internet is my lifeline while I'm travelling. I'd say that the only really good thing about this hostel was the location. Directly across the street there is a shopping mall and a Tesco, and it is also a 30 second walk to the nearest subway station and to the city centre.

bathroom door key was broken. No kitchen and no place to eat.

I can understand that because it's the cheapest hotel you don't expect something shiny, but honestly I would have pay almost half the price for what I had. Bad bed, 10mins before hot water, the place is dirty...

The location was amazing, staff helpful, and the facilities good enough. However, the was by far the most unclean hostel me or my cousin we have ever stayed in. There was mould growing in the shower, the place smelled of stale potatoes, and my cousin actually had a makeup cream of hers go mouldy within one night of staying here. I would not return to this "budget hotel".

The location made up for the hotel itself. The whole place is a bit run down, but it has everything you need if you're only there to bath and sleep! plenty of hot water, kettles in the room, clean bedding, ect. There was no social area at all and the receptionists weren't the friendliest of people. So if you're just looking for a place to sleep, then this wouldn't be too bad.

cheap and nasty but suited us for one night and had a comfortable sleep. would look elswhere next time

Overall St. Enoch was one of the better hostels I've stayed at in Europe. The beds were comfortable (if not squeaky), the sheets were clean, towels, soap and shampoo were provided for each person and we had hot water for showers. They also provided tea, coffee and cookies, so that was a nice touch! St. Enoch could use a VERY deep clean and a face lift though. The wall paper was peeling, the carpet was coming up from the floor and the bathroom was a little gross.

• 10th Jul 2015

The whole place needs a really really really good cleaning.

the hostel was not upto the mark interms of cleanliness, the rooms were not hygenic, you could see food left overs and smell throughout the hotel. Despite an awesome staff at reception and all the efforts to keep customer statified the hygine and clenliness atmosphere lead me down.

This is basically a hotel turned into a hostel except with no upkeep. Everything is rundown: wallpaper peeling, stuff is broken, dirty. The lady at the reception was very rude and was talking to me without making eye contact. The beds were awful; you could feel the springs poking at you. This is hands down without a question the worst hostel I've stayed at and I've been traveling for 8 months in less developed countries. Atleast they give u cookies and towels

Room was in a horrible state. Plastering coming down from the walls and ceiling. Beds in bad state. Staff just might have had a bad day but was't very friendly. "Luggage room" was the storage room for toilet paper, old mattresses and food at the same time (basement). Location good. Value for money: poor

Considering the location, it was an excellent deal - we just wanted to spend the night and be close to city centre and the bus terminal, and for that purpose it was perfect.

• 27th Jun 2015

Staff were friendly and this place was so well located for the price!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Overall it was a pretty nice hostel, nothing bad, but nothing great, not too much in the way of socializing without a common room (or maybe there was one? We could not find it) pretty good location, but we were a bit far from some of the sights.

This Hotel is a real abomination. It's located just above a pub and a kebab restaurant open until 4am. because of that it smells food and burned oil in all the rooms. Can't sleep at night because of the bus station just under your windows and the drunk people who go to the restaurant. The rooms are really dirty. We had a chair full of dirty marks, the carpet has certainly never been cleaned (we bought some flip flap to not touch the ground), the towels were holed, the shower broken with mould.

We had an amazing time at St Enoch! We had booked an 8 bed dorm but got upgraded to our own room which had tea and coffee making facilities and a TV. Although the room was small and the top bunk a bit squeaky it was great to have your own space! The bathroom was clean and the rooms are serviced everyday. This is a hotel so there are no common areas or kitchen. The wifi worked well. The location was fantastic for exploring the city's sites or accessing the night life.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4