St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

The location is good,easy to find and everything you need is just close by. Value for money but the room is too small for 6 people.

Easy to walk to location from the train stations and central town area. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. It is a bit if an older place, but was good value for the money. Plus there were tea, coffee and cookies in our room. Yummy!

• 10th Apr 2015

For how cheap it is it's about as good as you can get. Did the job as a place to crash at night. There's a kettle with tea, instant coffee, and biscuits in the room which is a very nice touch. The staff wasn't very friendly but it was't that big a deal. If you're expecting more than the most basic hostel accommodations you're probably going to have to pay a little more but for the price I would stay here again.

It doesn't feel like a hostel. It is more like just a place to sleep.

From the moment i arrived the staff were great The hostel is in a brilliant position easy to find. The rooms are bright and the beds comfy .Couldnt wish for more.well done st Enoch.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The WiFi wasn't working and the bathroom in our room was leaning which was unpleasant. Our bed sheet wasn't very clean either

St Enoch Hotel is the worst hotel what i've ever been. The receptionists are unpolite, the room was dirty, we couldnt eat breakfast in the hotel. I dont recommend nobody.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Good location. Poor facilities

The room I stayed in was very small for so many beds (6 room female dorm) the washroom looked dirty, but I think it was just from age. It was great that towels and soap were provided. Overall decent place to spend a night.

At the beginning, I thought it was a youth hostel, but then it was only a simple hotel. Nothing special. The minimum expected. Of course the price is low, but I had better atmostphere, cleanliness and security for the same price. The staff was just okay but nothing more. Facilities... havent seen anything... unfortunately. The location is nice just next to the subway.

Good for an one night stay in Glasgow.

I would recommend St Enoch as a very good hostel for travelers and backpackers! I have a very good time when I stayed and the staff are very helpful as well. I definetly gonna stay there next time! Thanks!

After I booked this, I had read some reviews . A few complained about various things. And to be honest ,I ever had any problems. It was warm and quiet. I dont understand why people complain about nothing.

• 20th Mar 2015

We loved it! It felt clean, and the staff were vey helpful!

Bathroom wasn't clean. It seems that they want to ger money, so they put six beds in a hotel room with just one toilet that was dirty. The room was very cheap though, but we will not get back to this place.

Lovely staff, stayed there before and will definitely stay again!

• 17th Mar 2015

Not the best hostel that I've stayed at, but considering the price and the lack of hostels in Glasgow, it is reasonable. I stayed here with a group of 14 friends in three different private rooms for two nights. The staff are very friendly and you get a discount at the bar next door for breakfast which was nice and convenient. Toiletries/towels/linens are included, but the rooms and washrooms themselves are cramped and not very clean. It wasn't an amazing experience, but it wasn't horrible.

Bunk beds were unsafe screewds missing bin off rubbish left in room ceeling tiles missing

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Not dirty but this place is gross. Good place to stay for a night but don't stay for longer. The staff were short and refused to place me with the others I booked with. She said there was no space left but didn't even check. I was told that there was indeed space in my friends room. Plenty of strange other guests. The area isn't that bad though.

I was welcomed by a not very friendly receptionist who seemed to be upset and bored. The good thing is that the Hotel is close to the city center and train stations. However, it does not have lookers, kitchen, table to have your meals or a lounge to meet other travelers. It is only suitable for the ones who are looking for a bed and a shower, if you expect to find any other facilities, better to try another place.

• 8th Mar 2015