St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

the room was dirty after check in it had not been prepared, the bed was dirty and the check in staff was rude. But I realized after being in the UK that attitude is a general thing so I wouldn't say it's a foul.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Very good hostel, everything was clean and working properly ... I really enjoy.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Ugly place, run down.

This is barely one step up from a hostel. The left luggage facility was an unlocked room so I had to trail my suitcase around with me all day until check-in opened at 3 pm. Rooms only have a flimsy yale lock on the door which with a simple shove of the shoulder could be easily forced open if the room was empty (admittedly the room has a chain lock on the inside, which I used when I was in bed). There was no hot water when I wanted to shower in the evening. Located in Glasgow centre.

The room was supposed to be non-smoking yet I could smell smoke on the duvet (not sure how well it had been washed). I also came in one afternoon after having left the window open and the smell of smoke in the room was very strong. I can only presume someone in one of the bedrooms next door was hanging out the window and blowing smoke which was entering the open window of my room. Mattress was stained and sheet too small so mattress was exposed and you could see the stains.

Location great. Bed was uncomfortable and very squeaky. No lockers in the rooms.

• 6th Aug 2015

Basically it was cheaper than most of the youth hostels. It is in a central location and the staff was mostly friendly. Unfortunately, it wasn't that clean. All the bedding were fine and the toilet was alright. Just you could find dirt in the corners and less important places in the room. It depends what the personal standard is. Also it was quite frustrating that staff wasn't able to give out a second duvet for two people even so I asked for at night. But all together it was a fair price.

• 5th Aug 2015

It's more a hotel, no common areas, no breakfast and non locked luggage area.

Very bad wifi connection.

Water pressure in shower was very poor and bathroom wasn't particularly nice, but we only stayed for a couple of nights so weren't too fussed. Hootenanny next door was good for a meal and drink, and we got 15% off by showing room key. Plenty of other places to eat and drink nearby.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Please do not stay here. Mold is lifting up the floor in the bathroom. Front desk was very rude about checking in 20 minutes early even though the beds were already ready and we just sat outside the front door until 3pm when we were allowed to check-in. Disgusting rooms by anyone's standards. Just pay more for something else.

Even if it was a bit dirty this Hotel/ Hostel is perfect for young people who want stay 2 or 3 days. I really appreciated this travel, thank you!

We were only there for one night, no complaints except the bathrooms need a good clean or an update.

It was a room with beds at a reasonable price. The rooms, especially the bathrooms smelt like mould which is potentially a health hazard. It was manageable for one night because the rooms were very small and the smell was pretty bad. Positive was it was in a good location.

The staff was friendly and the location was right next to a metro station in the city centre. Couldn't connect to the wifi at night, which was a bit annoying.

The room was clean and had a good bathroom. There were also tea and coffee making facilities. Towels, soap and shampoo were provided which was nice. The only not so good things were the beds which were quite uncomfortable, and that the hostel doesn't have any common room or kitchen. There isn't the kind of nice and friendly atmosphere that you find in some other hostels, but it's good value for money otherwise. It's also a walking distance away from the bus and train stations.

This is a hotel with dorms, not a hostel in any way. Staff was ok, no rude attitude. Wifi didn't work at all, not in reception or in the rooms. The biggest plus was the fresh towels everyday and the room cleaning. So to sum up; a great place for 1 or 2 nights if you're out all the time. The hotel is nothing more than a place to sleep. Ps. the noise from the bar wasn't bad at all

This is a place to stay if you are only looking for a place to sleep. It's just a lobby and the rooms, so there's no kitchen or common area. My wifi didn't work for my entire stay, which was a huge downfall considering the internet is my lifeline while I'm travelling. I'd say that the only really good thing about this hostel was the location. Directly across the street there is a shopping mall and a Tesco, and it is also a 30 second walk to the nearest subway station and to the city centre.

bathroom door key was broken. No kitchen and no place to eat.

I can understand that because it's the cheapest hotel you don't expect something shiny, but honestly I would have pay almost half the price for what I had. Bad bed, 10mins before hot water, the place is dirty...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5