St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

Fine for me, as I just needed a place overnight to crash before my flight out early the next morning, but I wouldn't recommend for longer than that. Of course it's all subjective based on experience, but the hostel was spooky quiet. Also, wifi didn't work.

• 13th Apr 2014

The rooms are very narrow with six bed one close to the other and the bathroom were not very clean. Also the staff and the atmosphere was not the best one, also because I'd booked 2 bed in a mixed dorm, for me and my boyfriend but they put us in a female dorm so, he had to change his room (and we had only one luggage together!). But for the price and the location is not bed if you wish to spend a night in Glasgow. (It's very near to the central station, the city centre and a subway stop)

Just the internet no worked every day, but other servises were great for the price.

• 27th Mar 2014

St Enoch hotel is a nice place, clean, good location. However, the wi-fi didn't work AT ALL, and when I was told to go use the wifi at "HOOTENANNY'S", (the bar next door, which was apparently owned by the same person), the bar manager was extremely rude, telling me that I had to order a drink or food to use the wifi. This ruined my stay, because I needed the internet most of the day, and felt unwelcomed throughout the duration of my stay.

Great for budget travelers, but no WiFi - this made our travel planning difficult as the tourist information office is incorrectly marked on the street maps and also had no working WiFi. We were given our own dorm room though. Don't go to the fish and chips to the east. Go to the Bifteki place to the west.

St. Enoch is a good value place, I got a double room with bathroom ensuite for just 9 pounds per day. The room is very tiny, but have tv, a kettle with tea, coffee and cookies, and they also offer a little breakfast. The problem was the internet , which was not working while I stayed there.

I recommend bringing flip flops for the shower. The wifi wasn't so good in my room. The hallway had a funky smell. However, it was pretty quiet outside and the beds were clean

Good accomodation for people with a slender purse, who want to be located in the city center anyway.

It would have been fine, except the bathrooms were moldy and gross and NEVER had warm water. It seems like the owner/manager really does try to make it nice (cookies in the room, a kettle for tea/coffee, tv, a little breakfast bag, etc.). but the facility itself leaves a lot to be desired. The staff was friendly and helpful (especially the younger man that worked the night shift) and there was a cool bar next door with a 15% discount for hotel guests. Overall, not bad for 1-2 days but NO longer.

*Staff were friendly, nice

• 4th Mar 2014

Wifi was not working. Spend the night in a 6 person room which was too small. I travelled a lot but never had a situation like this. They have put 3 high sleeper in a tiny room. Further we had no warm water in the morning...

No safe place to keep the luggage. No hot water for most of the time in my room!!! Bad smell and looked old.

it was the worst hotel I've been in my life, the room was clearly for two persons and we were 6, it was dirty and we did not had hot water during our stay ( 2 nights) When we complained about the hot water to the receptionist, he shouted at us saying it was not his problem.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Not a bad hostel , no directions from train or bus station even though it is close, no lockers in rooms, staff are friendly and efficient t.v. in dorm room as it used to be a hotel, not sure if there is a kitchenas I only stayed a night but good value for glasgow

I stayed at St Enoch Hotel for two nights. The instruction to the hotel from the website wasn't clear, but I did managed to find the hotel after I took a subway from Queen Street to St Enoch station (which was a waste of money). Our room was fine, it was too small, but still okay. The toilet was dirty, the shower was clogged. The internet wasn't working all the time. Didn't get to connect at all. However, we get breakfast and clean towel everyday.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Very good location, the hotel itself is rather run-down but the staff is very friendly. It's very cheap, so you get what you pay for.

Receptionist was very helpful. There was no were to do my washing or cooking

You get what you pay for. Beds squeaky, mold in bathroom. It's right above a bar so on the weekends, it can get noisy. For the price though, it was great. They provided a clean towel every day and had someone come by and clean the room daily. Breakfasts were given every morning. It is located right on the edge of the city center and is a quick walk to anything. You get 15% off at the bar next door which has very reasonable prices. Once you get over the dirtiness of the place, it's not bad

Nice place, nice staff

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

It doesn' t have the hostel atmosphere, but it's a nice place to stay for a low amount of money.

• 26th Dec 2013