St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

Good for an one night stay in Glasgow.

I would recommend St Enoch as a very good hostel for travelers and backpackers! I have a very good time when I stayed and the staff are very helpful as well. I definetly gonna stay there next time! Thanks!

We loved it! It felt clean, and the staff were vey helpful!

Bathroom wasn't clean. It seems that they want to ger money, so they put six beds in a hotel room with just one toilet that was dirty. The room was very cheap though, but we will not get back to this place.

Lovely staff, stayed there before and will definitely stay again!

• 17th Mar 2015

Not the best hostel that I've stayed at, but considering the price and the lack of hostels in Glasgow, it is reasonable. I stayed here with a group of 14 friends in three different private rooms for two nights. The staff are very friendly and you get a discount at the bar next door for breakfast which was nice and convenient. Toiletries/towels/linens are included, but the rooms and washrooms themselves are cramped and not very clean. It wasn't an amazing experience, but it wasn't horrible.

Bunk beds were unsafe screewds missing bin off rubbish left in room ceeling tiles missing

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Not dirty but this place is gross. Good place to stay for a night but don't stay for longer. The staff were short and refused to place me with the others I booked with. She said there was no space left but didn't even check. I was told that there was indeed space in my friends room. Plenty of strange other guests. The area isn't that bad though.

I was welcomed by a not very friendly receptionist who seemed to be upset and bored. The good thing is that the Hotel is close to the city center and train stations. However, it does not have lookers, kitchen, table to have your meals or a lounge to meet other travelers. It is only suitable for the ones who are looking for a bed and a shower, if you expect to find any other facilities, better to try another place.

• 8th Mar 2015

There is no wifi the first night I stayed there. No kitchen and no common room to hang out! I guess you get what you pay for

It's a cheap hostel (not a youth hostel): there are no kitchen or common room. So the customers are.... various! like a nasty old woman which prevents you from doing anything in the room... But the reception is really cool and good, you have reductions on the pub next door. And you can leave your bag even though you have left the hostel. So generally well

I was very happy to have such a nice, clean cosy bed and a nice hot shower. The hotel is right in the centre of Glasgow and is excellent value. There were also towels, a kettle, tea, coffee, TV, and soap and shampoo. I could not fault any aspect of the hostel or staff.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Parts of the walls from the room was falling apart. Stains on the suspended ceiling. Staff could also dust the cups/spoons before we get there.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I only stayed one night at this Hotel. I am not quite sure why it's called a hotel because it is a mixture of hotel and hostels - i stayed in a 6-person-bedroom, i got a towel, soap and shampoo which is hotellike. For this one night it was good enough but I wouldn't recommend a longer stay. Since my room was right above the neighboring pub where they played music all night I felt like I was in the pub listening to the music because it was quite loud. Other than that the hotel is kept very simple

I was pleasantly surprised about my stay here. For being the cheapest lodging in Glasgow, the receptionist was great and they automatically put me in a room with less beds and no one else staying in it. The room was warm and had a kettle with tea and biscuits. Even towels and soap was included with an en-suite shower!

• 16th Feb 2015

The only advantage of this place is its location otherwise nothing good could be said about it. I will never go there again.

Location was close to train station and main shopping streets. Room was older but clean and had own TV and bathroom. Good budget room for those only staying a night or two.

It's an old building, and it definitely shows. The room was plenty good enough though; nice bed, TV, and free tea and biscuits. Can't go wrong for the price, plus its right at the end of the main strip.

• 1st Feb 2015

We went on a lads weekend it was cheap and just average all we wanted was a place to sleep and wash etc the room as lovely and clean right in the middle of the city and the staff at reception were really nice and helpful. It was a a little cold but glasgow is cold around the time we went good value for money

• 30th Jan 2015

out of the 4 showers on our floor, only one was working. The bathrooms really needed to be cleaned as well

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4