St Enoch Hotel Reviews

42/44 Howard Street, Glasgow, Scotland

very loud! but we booked a five-bed room and actually got a six-bed room :)

As it is technically a hotel (they simply put bunk beds in the rooms to make dorms) there is no common area. The wifi is available everywhere but is incredibly slow. The beds were very uncomfortable and squeaked with the slightest movement. Repairs had been made to the shower by someone who didn't have a clue what they were doing, and the shower was mouldy in every corner. Having said that, it was the cheapest I've seen for a long time, in a great location

It's an former hotel changed in an hostel. But we don't have the confort of an hotel nor the atmosphere of an hostel (no common room...). And the bed are quite noisy and the mattress too thin. However, the place where the hostel is, is pretty good.

• 13th Jan 2015

I DO NOT recommend this if you are a young solo traveller looking to meet people. No opportunities to meet people other than your roommates and for me I was alone in the room. It was a pretty lonely stay. It is cheap place to stay in the city, nothing luxury about it of course. You get what you pay for. No secure place to keep luggage. The staff are very friendly and willing to help and you get good discounts at the pub next door.

Location was very good. Nice pub with food right next to the place. Staff was nice and helpfull. What i didn't like is the fact that the room was quite small (I was in the one with 4 beds). Poor view from the window and you could actually fell the building shaking when it was windy outside (which is in Scotland like almost allways :) ). Another thing is there was a lot of visible mold in the bathroom.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Poland

We rented a 4 shared room and we was 3 person, including myself. We stayed alone, since nobody else came. The staff of the hotel was really helpful and easy-going. It was cozy and tidy and the position was awesome.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! Great room with a TV and a kettle to make tea and coffee. Fresh towels and good sized bed. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Will definetly stay again!

Cleanliness is an issue

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

It was a great experience, staff were very helpful

• 5th Jan 2015

The female staff were nice, the boys were useless. Wifi is terrible, bathrooms are pretty gross, no kitchen, beds are really close together. You do get free tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms which is nice. The hostel has a weird smell which seemed to get worse after cleaning each day, very strong fruity or floral smell trying to mask the chemical smell from cleaning products. Cut my stay short from 3 nights to 2, the hostel is a little depressing, no vibe.

In my opinion, the shower was a bit cold, some of the beds weren't so good, the room had some inconveniences, the staff could have us treated better, but they offered us cookies in the room and the location is good.

• 3rd Jan 2015

If you want to walk in Glasgow, I would not recommend this hostel, it would be my last option if returned to Glasgow.

Perfectly adequate.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Excellent for my purpose, which was a one night stay before an early flight. The room was quite small; two bunk beds made it quite cramped with not much space to more around, but was clean and served the purpose. No lounge or kitchen, but complimentary tea and coffee and free towels :)

Hotel accommodation for hostel prices is a big plus. Was nice to have a tv in room to chill out. People in my room were snoring which was annoying, but happens at different places.

There's no living room to socialize. No kitchen. The room was dirt and untidy, there was no staff to clean on the day I arrived,

A good place if all you need is a place to sleep, but there is no space for anything else. The bathrooms are cleaned every day, but still look pretty grungy. They could use an update. There are also no lockers or secure storage areas.

Well, I staid there for 1 night and I'll never come back, the shower was cold, in the middle of the night the heat went off, beds were also too much soft. The staff is great but the hostel sucks.

Guy at the desk was great, super cool and friendly. Okay facilities, nothing fancy. Well, did have a TV in the private room. No lounge area.

Staff were very kind, helpful and went out of their way for me. Room is very basic but decent and the coffee and tea in the bedrooms were a nice touch. Met lovely girls in my dorm and was happy to find the rooms not crowded. However, my bunk bed squeaked terribly and I don't believe there are washing machines though which is fine for a short stay. Also a few more power points in the room would have been amazing but we made it work. Great location! :) Would definitely stay there again :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4