St George Hotel Reviews

46 Norfolk Square, Paddington, W2R102, London, England

With its good location, near the Paddington railway and underground only 5 minutes walk, it makes noisy from the running train all the time. The hostel is quite tiny. The private room I stayed was fit only sit and sleep, it was quite uncomfortable, even open my baggage on the floor. Apart from the tiny and little dusty room, they should aware of the cleanliness. The breakfast I had was served with a hair on the tray. The rest is fair and acceptable with the price to stay.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

Second time staying at hotel.excellent value . Great location ,excellent staff AINE and PETER. at reception

Great location for an early morning departure from Paddington station. Quite a good continental breakfast (and I got it the night before since I was leaving before the morning staff came on!) Decent bed, a TV, mini fridge, fan, sink and kettle+tea in the room.

Lovely hotel, good location 12 T 15 mins walk to marble arch, excellent late night bus service no 23 from marble arch to hotel, excellent staff, good security peter at reception is familiar with all checked in guests

Very tiny room for a single ~ 50 sq meter. But if all you need is a bed. Continental brkfst brought to your room. TV (small) with a few stations, and WiFi.

• 10th Mar 2015

Small, basic, but everything you need before or after a journey to/from Paddington.

Got an upgrade to an ensuite which was nice, room was small but cosy. Free breakfast was good for what it was!

Room was OK. Window behind the pillow side isn't good isolated, so during my stay a icy wind came through the room. Moreover, the breakfast isn't special and the walls of the room are thin (both nights a man who was coughing all the time held me off my sleep).

• 27th Dec 2014

Tiny room but for a one night stay it didn't bother me. Bathroom is on the last floor. It had no hot water but I showered quite late (9 am). Breakfast is quite consistent and delivered in the room. There was also a small fridge, a tv, a kettle, towels.

For the price I paid the room was absolutely fine. There was no room to move about it, but since I was only there for one night that didn't matter; I was impressed that the room had a sink, a TV and a mini-fridge. The breakfast consisted of pre-packaged items only but was better nothing. The location of the property is great, and it's really easy to get to Paddington; it's no more than five minutes away on foot. If you're looking for somewhere cheap and convenient to stay you could do worse.

• 12th Dec 2014

Great price to stay in a great part of town. Very close to the tube station and lots of cafes and places to eat around. I loved the teas available in the bedroom. I would stay again.

• 26th Nov 2014

Decent accommodations for the cost. Great central location. This is a two or one star hotel/motel in the States.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Great location, easy connection with the city buses! Good bargain for your money, u can expect any better unless u can afford for a proper hotel. I definitely recommend it for someone who just need a box to sleep!

It would be a good cheap hotel if I hadn't found John, Paul and Ringo in the bathroom the morning when I left.. Missed only the fourth beatle..

A basic little hotel in a good area with excellent public transport connection. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room was tiny, but quiet, I slept well. There was no breakfast room apparently, so a very basic breakfast was served to the room (for breakfast in bed, lacking any other space to eat it!) But considering the budget price, I shall not complain (more money to spend on shopping!).

Staff was friendly/helpful when I needed directions to local places. Stayed in single room that was very, very small. Had fridge, TV, small sink, & narrow closet. Shower facilities on 2nd floor, but clean/up-to-date. I think a bit overpriced considering how small the room is. Adequate if you just need to stow your stuff & sleep. Continental style breakfast provided at the time you specify. No eggs/bacon, but healthy/adequate. Short walk to Paddington station, so u can hear trains rumble.

I've stayed at this hotel twice already and I am definitely going to stay there again!

basic hotel but good Latin and friendly staff

• 23rd Oct 2014

Couldn't have got better for the price I paid!

Ended up being a bit dirtier than expected, with stained sheets and tight small rooms.

• 4th Sep 2014