St George Hotel Reviews

46 Norfolk Square, Paddington, W2R102, London, England

No mattress protector on bed, blankets and bed covers dirty People on reception very unfriendly - I felt they saw me as a nuisance (apart from one who lent me a hairdryer) Budget cornflakes/tea for breakfast and only white bread I think the cleaners do a good job in what is a very old building in need of overhaul.

• 11th Apr 2014

Enjoyed my stay. I felt safe in the hotel. Location is very good. Additional points to your staff for helping. I got very much information by asking. Keep it up! As a minus the cleanliness.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Finland

It was a good little hotel, nothing like a 3 star hotel but nonetheless small and cosy. I stayed in a single which was quite small (big enough for a single bed and 2 drawers) with shared facilities that were cleaner than most places I stayed at. The staff were friendly and helpful, and was served breakfast which was a selection of biscuits, bakery and fruit. Overall it was good value for the location and duration of my stay.

• 28th Mar 2014

The room was not much bigger than a shoebox, roomservice virtually inexistent, the breakfast pretty bad, facilities not very clean.

The first thing they should do is cleaning up the hotel. It is very dirty! The rooms are very small and dark, cleaning windows would help here as well. In my country this kind of hotel would be forbidden.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Estonia

Excellent location but very small room. Breakfast was nice to have but the food quality was also pretty poor.

At first room looked so,so,small & sad, but on fitting my self in the room was clean and had far more than i needed. Plenty of cubards and wardrobe space fridge,tea coffie hot choc, hair dryer tt.v. with loads of chanels, good sized towel,soap.4 pictures brighted the walls. Toilet out side my door & shower up staiers, both did the job. Breakfast served in room on a tray @ 8, was far better than i expected, 2 cobs jam butter, muffin yougot, frutty bowel. 2 choc bars, 2 orange cartons.

• 10th Jan 2014

The staff seemed less invested in the property. When a problem was reported (e.g., flood in the bathroom), they didn't seem to care. The breakfast was a joke! And, what I found to be most frustrating was that the hotel turned off the heater in the middle of the night.

• 29th Dec 2013

Our stay there was great, it has an excellent location and the personal is very kind and nice. It also has breakfast included and we really have no complains about this place.

A very good place when you are looking for something cheap and in the center of London. The room are small and comfort is rudimentary but for the price it is perfect ! And the staff is very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay :)

The size of the rooms has been commented on several times before and gosh!, mine was tiny indeed. Definitely one of the smallest inhabitable rooms worldwide. Yet I found that rather amusing and not very bothering - I came to see London and a great rock concert and just needed a bed to sleep. The staff was rather grumpy. Nevermind, the location is great, the place acceptably clean, and you won´t get a single room in London much cheaper than that.

Too small room, couldn't even properly put my luggage on the floor, the heater didn't work, TV was broken, fridge wasn't working properly, I could hear the bell every time someone rang, the internet connection was terrible, staff seemed annoyed all the time. The worst place I have ever stayed at.

Had the smallest (single) room in my life ever, maybe 4-6 m². Hardly more space than required for bed and furniture, loo on the floor, shower one floor up, but both exclusively for me. But I loved it, exactly what I needed to put my head to a rest for the night. A small breakfast is being served on the tray to the door as there is no room for a breakfast room or lounge. Helpful and friendly staff 24 h, working Wi-Fi, great location, just 3 minutes to the tube, some good Restaurants very close!

The hotel was nice and the staff were friendly. The room was clean and had working facilities. The water was hot in the mornings but there wasn't any hot water in the evenings to shower before going out. Also, the light in the bathroom was a bit dim. But the location was great and the area wasn't too loud.

The rooms needs updating, dirty carpet, bathroom was unclean and smelt, as well as stained linen on the bed. Only positive is the location that the hotel is in, close to metro and bus stations, good restaurants close by.

Single room & window are small. Mattress is thin could feel spring. An old fridge , a small side table, a narrow wardrobe everything crammed into the room. All the basic facilities are there. Hardly have space to breath. Duvet is very worn out and looked not too clean but linens and towels are clean. There is no dining area for breakfast. Were given a tray and had to eat in the room. Stayed in a double room earlier (ensuite). Double bed is small. Clothes rail right above table.

It's very close to Paddington station, so it's convenient. I had to leave early in the morning, so I took a shower around 4:00. I couldn't get hot water then.

Great location, good service, flexibility. Small room with bad smell. Broken shower. Recommend to anyone who wants good location and save money. Not recommend for those who want comfort. Excelente localização, bom atendimento, flexibilidade. Quarto pequeno, com cheiro ruim. Chuveiro Quebrado. Recomendo para quem deseja boa localização e economizar dinheiro. Não recomendo para quem deseja conforto.

• 20th Jul 2013

Considering the tiny amount you pay... this place is Brilliant (although be aware I never used the showers or had breakfast). The room was very small and basic, but exactly what I was expecting and was all that I needed. For anyone just wanted a place to put there head down for a few hours and doesn't need the frills, then this is the place for you.

• 18th Jul 2013

Value for money, located in very good area, went to see a concert in Hyde park is was only 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Did not have breakfast as I checked out early the next morning. Would use again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7