St George Hotel Reviews

46 Norfolk Square, Paddington, W2R102, London, England

Couldn't have got better for the price I paid!

Ended up being a bit dirtier than expected, with stained sheets and tight small rooms.

• 4th Sep 2014

service was great, staff went out the way to help and to order take away when arrived late at hotel. Breakfast not served early but instead delivered to room at night - worked fine for me.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

World's smallest shower. No parking nearby. No room to move in room

• 18th Aug 2014

I expected the room to better for what i paid for, st georges hotle is based in too much of a noisy area the sounds of the trains all night were too loud especially at night. I personally did not feel comfable in the surroundings in padding as a petit female as there are allot of mixed culture people around that made rude and inapprocaite comments so i didnt feel confident going out at night on my own. The room felt like i was enclosed off in a small box the felt costrofibic, there was an unplea

• 18th Jun 2014
  • India

Staff were friendly and helpful I will stay here again

• 16th Jun 2014

The staff was really helpful and the location is great. There wasn't really any warm water and we first had a room with a lot of noise from a water pump - however the staff made sure that we got another room after we told them. The breakfast is simple but okay - overall we had a fine stay and would recommend St. George Hotel to others.

• 14th May 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent location. Extremely small space that there is no room for a chair,but for me it is ok when consider the price. Breakfast starts at 8 am and everyday is the same sweet stuff, so forget about it if you are an early person and diabetic. Good free WIFI in the room. I stayed 5 nights and feel quite happy with that accommodation.

I stayed in a single room with shared facilities. The room was adequately sized with a cabinet, fridge, sink & a nighstand. A hairdryer & an electric kettle for hot drinks were also provided. Single windows, carpeting. Staff was nice & knowledgeable. Toilet was in the 1st floor, shower in the third. No common area, besides the corridor, & that's why the breakfast, which was nice, was delivered to your room. In the context of hostels located in London, it compares to an average london hostel.

No mattress protector on bed, blankets and bed covers dirty People on reception very unfriendly - I felt they saw me as a nuisance (apart from one who lent me a hairdryer) Budget cornflakes/tea for breakfast and only white bread I think the cleaners do a good job in what is a very old building in need of overhaul.

• 11th Apr 2014

Enjoyed my stay. I felt safe in the hotel. Location is very good. Additional points to your staff for helping. I got very much information by asking. Keep it up! As a minus the cleanliness.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Finland

It was a good little hotel, nothing like a 3 star hotel but nonetheless small and cosy. I stayed in a single which was quite small (big enough for a single bed and 2 drawers) with shared facilities that were cleaner than most places I stayed at. The staff were friendly and helpful, and was served breakfast which was a selection of biscuits, bakery and fruit. Overall it was good value for the location and duration of my stay.

• 28th Mar 2014

The room was not much bigger than a shoebox, roomservice virtually inexistent, the breakfast pretty bad, facilities not very clean.

The first thing they should do is cleaning up the hotel. It is very dirty! The rooms are very small and dark, cleaning windows would help here as well. In my country this kind of hotel would be forbidden.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Estonia

Excellent location but very small room. Breakfast was nice to have but the food quality was also pretty poor.

At first room looked so,so,small & sad, but on fitting my self in the room was clean and had far more than i needed. Plenty of cubards and wardrobe space fridge,tea coffie hot choc, hair dryer tt.v. with loads of chanels, good sized towel,soap.4 pictures brighted the walls. Toilet out side my door & shower up staiers, both did the job. Breakfast served in room on a tray @ 8, was far better than i expected, 2 cobs jam butter, muffin yougot, frutty bowel. 2 choc bars, 2 orange cartons.

• 10th Jan 2014

The staff seemed less invested in the property. When a problem was reported (e.g., flood in the bathroom), they didn't seem to care. The breakfast was a joke! And, what I found to be most frustrating was that the hotel turned off the heater in the middle of the night.

• 29th Dec 2013

Our stay there was great, it has an excellent location and the personal is very kind and nice. It also has breakfast included and we really have no complains about this place.

A very good place when you are looking for something cheap and in the center of London. The room are small and comfort is rudimentary but for the price it is perfect ! And the staff is very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay :)

The size of the rooms has been commented on several times before and gosh!, mine was tiny indeed. Definitely one of the smallest inhabitable rooms worldwide. Yet I found that rather amusing and not very bothering - I came to see London and a great rock concert and just needed a bed to sleep. The staff was rather grumpy. Nevermind, the location is great, the place acceptably clean, and you won´t get a single room in London much cheaper than that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7