St Kilda Hostel Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

It was very unclean and their was a lot of drug activity at the hostel.

• 29th Nov 2015

Not sure the sowers are cleaned everyday. Kitchen dirty and most of stuff are broken. Fridges aren't cleaned at all

Very nice staff, big and clean rooms and bathrooms.,good vibrant atmosphere,close to all major hubs in st kilda,value for money,really enjoyed my stay,definitely visit again.

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

Overall this is not a hostel I would recommend. It lacks in cleanliness and the staff is not very helpful or friendly with the exception of one asian guy who was great. I can sleep through almost anything so was not bothered by the noise, but for others this could be difficult as it is very loud. The WiFi was unreliable, but free. They have an interesting tracking an check-in system which made me uncomfortable, not proof of payment was offered I had to ask. Okay for one night on a tight budget.

• 3rd Nov 2015

From my experience here, I'd say to avoid at all costs! Stayed in my fair share of hostels and I've got to say this is the worst I've stayed in. There are no lockers in the room, and it was pretty dirty. The sink was blocked with pubic hair for my entire stay, and there seemed to be no issue for people to smoke in the room. Several times, random people walked into the room. Had to sleep with my bag in my bed. Upon leaving I was told I hadn't paid!! I paid on my arrival. Avoid if possible!

• 2nd Nov 2015

When we arrived at this hostel we were greeted by a very rude receptionist, he was very blunt and unhelpful, he didn't give us any bed sheets and no direction to where our room was. The rooms was meant to be a 4 bed share but had a 5th bed squeezed in. The en-suite was horrific, very unclean and smelt so bad... the kitchen was also a mess we chose to eat out instead of cook in there. Only good thing was the location.

Thanks for your classy comment, you arrived on 22/10/15 at 10 a.m,as you been advised that the check in time is 2:pm,you are not happy with that ,this hostel gets all its common areas and rooms gets clean twice a day,and you been clearly advised that not to have food and facilitated guest in the room,this hostel gets strict in house rules and regulations,we make sure we never leave any stone unturned for make our guest happy and feel like home ,if they follow and respect the rules and regulation

Decent hostel, close to the bars and cafes. Would stay again if need be

One toilet and shower between ten was quite poor and it got pretty filthy. Kitchen was not a place you'd fancy cooking in. However, Extremely comfy and large beds and really nice location, easy walking distance to the beach and the cbd is very accessible via tram.

It's a really nice stay if they would clean the bathrooms, kitchen and stairs more often. The staff was very nice and the atmosphere was phantastic.

• 17th Jul 2015

great place to stay

This hostel is super basic, but for the price compared to other hostels it's very good. It's located at St. Kilda Beach with a short walk to the tram, which takes you straight into the city. There are new owners, and one seemed unsure of what was happening when I arrived. I came earlier than check in time, but was allowed to store my bags, which was nice. It didn't seem full at all, as I had a 6 bed dorm to myself for my two night stay. I paid for the 12 bed dorm, so this is practically a steal.

Basic but effective and will be back

The atmosphere in htm is very good. Reception is very helpful and the staff. People there r not crazy but having very good communicating atmosphere. I went there just 2 nites but I really enjoy the penguin trip and the environment in surrounding. Btw, they have hair dryer at reception

a quiet,laid-back hostel. The staff was great, they take you on tour trips and provide you with a lot of information. The rooms are clean and quite big. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was more like two 6 bed dorms that shared one bathroom. Toilet and shower is in the same room which was a bit annoying.

Wow,really amazing friendly staff"s Joe,Adam,Alex they are help me and show me how am I going to the Kilda beach.This is the only 1 super spacious & cleaness hostel that I had met when I travel in Melbourne & Sydney for my 5 days holiday where I had staying in different hostel in Melbourne City & Sydney,in Australia.The Price is the best if you want to save more money and meet more friends from here,free wifi all days as well and super spacious Kicthen & TV Cinema Lounge at this hostel.