St. Moritz Lodge Reviews

334 West Hyman Avenue, Aspen, USA

Great breakfast is part of the price; lots of fruit, cereals and other stuff. Very friendly and helpful staff. We even had a "happy hour" with wine thrown in.

• 28th Jul 2013

Awesome place, got there super early in the season and had a dorm booked, they gave us a room for the same rate, good place would be sick during the season!

• 24th Nov 2012

I had a great first-time stay at St Moritz. I will definitely stay there again. Unfortunately, there was little snow on the Mountain for opening day. I did get to meet some of the World Cup Skiers on Friday. The staff was very helpful in explaining local transportation and recommending places to have a reasonably priced Turkey Dinner.

• 20th Nov 2012

Great location. Rooms are nice and clean but there's only one shower in every floor.

• 6th Oct 2012
  • Philippines

This experience was actually terrible. There seems to be only one room (3 'beds') for women and the other tenants were almost permanent guests who had taken over the entire room so there was absolutely no room to put your stuff. Their junk was strewn all over the room and on top of my bed. Think of bad college dorm roommates with food, clothing, everything scattered on the floor, desks, beds. Really filthy and messy. The “tenants” worked in the area and are not travelers. As the non-permanent hostel guest, my 'bed' consisted of a very thin foam pad lying on a slab of wood suspended from a high ceiling (7 feet high). The only way to get to it was to climb on top of a table nearby and hoist yourself up to it. There is no ladder. Very precarious and dangerous especially because the tenants didn’t allow you to turn on the lights at night and had all of their messy junk on top of the tables so it was almost impossible to climb up. There were also no electrical receptacles available for use in the room and you could not leave anything (like your cellphone charger) in the bathrooms overnight. There is a big sign saying that things will be thrown away first thing in the am. Luckily I didn’t sleep at all so I could watch my cell phone charger. I had to try to “sleep” downstairs in the lobby most of the night because I feared falling out of the small high bed in the pitch dark and it was so hot. I would have died from the fall or been impaled on all of their junk. I had a hard time climbing up to the bed. In fact one of the tenants (who used my bed as a storage unit and kept it filthy) said that “this was going to be funny” seeing me get to the top bed. There was also no air flow in the room and very hot up high in the room The tenants also get up at 4am in the morning to go to work so they told me not to be disturb them at night (after 9pm). But they turned on the lights and made a lot of noise at 4am and were totally disrespectful of a traveler’s needs. The lady at the front desk however was supportive and friendly the next morning when I asked to leave. I needed to find somewhere where I could get some sleep. The front desk closes early 7pm and they do not answer the phone after that time so don’t bother calling or leaving them a message for the front desk or management. They leave the key for late arrivals outside however. Having traveled for years around the world and being ardent hostel-lover, this was a very unfortunate stay and made my stay in Aspen only one day. Which was enough. This was not a hostel type stay but it felt more like an intrusion into someones (and not a friendly persons) personal room.

• 29th Jun 2012

I stayed in the female dorm and met some really pleasant people and enjoyed my stay. The staff was attentive and thoughtful... They left cookies and cider out in the afternoon and had a decent (decent) breakfast each morning... All free. Fresh linens and towels were provided daily, and the bathroom was good. Enjoyed my stay overall and found the location very convenient.

I had a wonderful time. Great place for almost no penny.

Excellent!

dI found the st moritz to be of a very high standard and was thrilled that i had picked it to spend my time in the people were friendly the atmoshphere was terific

• 11th Mar 2005
  • New Zealand

The housekeeping came in to late, around 4-5 pm. That's the time you want to take a rest after a long day on the mountains. Except for that everything was great... especially the 100 degree outdoor pool. :)