St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

Great value for money and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Also great location being close to CBD with free parking. Fridge, TV & wifi included which we made good use of but wifi was a little bit slow.

• 15th Aug 2015

Stayed at St. Vincent's for 3 nights with my sister and brother in law. We ended up getting the 3 person guest room and we couldn't have been more pleased. We've been in our fair share of hostels and this one was really a pleasant surprise. The staff was really friendly and made themselves available to guests. Our room was exactly what we needed- a clean, comfortable and cool place to sleep in (with a personal bathroom). Overall, this place was an excellent choice- great price, great location

• 7th Aug 2015

For the location St V offers great value for money. And the staff at the desk were the most helpful I've ever experienced at a hostel, I'd definitely recommend to a friend.

• 6th Aug 2015

Nice fridge smelled bad and a dead roach in the shower but hey, for the price and location, who cares?

• 1st Aug 2015

staff was friendly & helpful. room was clean. we plan on going back soon.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It's an extremely old, outdated facility in need of renovation. Rocking overhead ceiling fan, lumpy bed, poor ac, cockroach haven. I actually canceled my reservation within the first 12 hours, happy to pay the 1 night penalty, because I luckily had a friend in another hotel to stay with, and i could not stand the cockroaches at st.vincint. Didn't even take off my shoes or clothes then entire 8 hours I stayed there! The staff were kind but I just couldn't deal with the place itself.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Danielle857

Only stayed one night but the guy behind the register was pretty rude, not friendly at all, didn't say much didn't really show us where our room was, took me ages to find my room as the buildings pretty big! Walked into my bathroom and saw two coach roaches on the sink, personally they don't bother me but nobody needs that.. Poor guys

A great stay in a brilliant location!

We stayed in private bedroom with AC, bathroom & tv for 5 nights for $50/n. This is such an amazing place with such great history, beautifully laid out with a great haunted feel to it. Only issue was lack of room service for clean linens. Staying in a single bed room is the way to go. I would recommend it to anybody on a budget or even if not on a budget but wants to stay in a bit of New Orleans History. The neighborhood is beautiful and should not be missed. Just don't expect anything fancy.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Minor maintenance seems to be tardily attended to.

Building is extremely old and has not been maintained. There were HOLES in the floors, and more in the walls; crawlspaces and ground and wiring areas were exposed. Dorms do not lock unless guests remember to lock them each time; anyone can walk onto the property and into rooms.

Charming older property. Courtyard fountain, elegant parlor, sweeping entry stiarcase, wrought iron railings - would have been a sight to behold 100 years ago! Unfortunately, some hasty remodeling (maybe after Katrina) did not do the property justice. If torn carpet and dirty blinds put you off, this isn't for you. But if you feel that the charm of New Orleans is the way it embraces the faded glory of years long past, then this is the perfect place to stay in the Garden District!

Excellent value and very friendly staff. I don't feel I would be justified in complaining about any aspect of St. Vincent's

Previous reviews we had read were inconsistent. After spending 6 nights here we could see why they were that way. Our room was clean,spacious and comfortable. The building itself was passed its best and in need of some care but had lots of character and charm The residents were very friendly and welcoming, a number of them did have issues that at first appearances could be a little off putting for those less travelled than ourselves. We enjoy meeting odd characters, not everyone's cup of tea.

No towel available...was given a bath mat to dry meself No knives plates spoons,,Had to heat hot water in old glass jar in microwave,,not even a kettle or jug. This place is really sad and filthy.... full of long term homeless people

An incredible building on the wonderful magazine street. Great price for what you get. If we return to New Orleans then I'll be booking again. Thanks

The hostel seemed like not much care was put into it. Some little noticeable things were uncared for. Like each room had a wrinkled piece of paper taped to the door in sharpie writing which room it was. A typed piece of paper would help the decor a little better. Also in private rooms the tvs were stationed on the floor. In my private room there was 1 towel to split between two males. The AC unit in the large dorms was highly ineffective. The staff was cool but some seemed not to care for hoste

• 10th May 2015

Beautiful yet poorly maintained building. No individual locker in dorm room. Good location - between Warehouse District and Garden District, closer to the latter. Slow wifi. No kitchen. Could be better, but no complaint for the money I paid.

Great showers, hot water(hard to get in most hostels), extremely nice staff & prompt to fix anything. Definitely would recommend this place to a friend and go back myself in the future.

• 1st May 2015

A huge rambling hostel in a former orphanage. It was being used as a film set when we arrived. The staff are very obliging but the old building presents a lot of challenges. Our main beef was a poorly supervised kitchen which did not open till 8.30 or 9.00 am depending on the whim of the staff. However it did have a couple of big fridges, stove, toaster-and washing up facilities. Our double room had a clean sheets and an old mattress .We enjoyed the courtyard, relaxed feel and closeness to town.

View all New Orleans Bed and Breakfasts