St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

Awesome place! I met very interesting people. Not very clean though. We complained several times and finally they gave us a better room. Overall, very interesting!!

Rooms have their own tv, microwave, refrigerator, air condition+fan. Old staff but works fine. Very beautiful garden, saloon and large balcony. Very excelent statues in corridor made by an artist, lives in there. Not a hostel, a hotel!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The place was untidy and to some extent inhabitable. The staff was not cooperative. I would not recommend anyone to choose this place for their stay.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • India

This place is awesome. It's also really close to everything.

• 4th Jul 2014

Lots of trash under beds. Really in need of repairs. Pool was green with slime. People were friendly. Will never stay there again. I didn't feel safe at all.

• 28th Jun 2014

this review applies to men's dorm 6 cots 1 bathroom. i spent 3 nights in this dark place. results, 9 bed bug bites, saw about a dozen cockroaches (killed two but started late). several cots used for on site workers, dual diagnosis alcoholics/god knows what other mental problems. a nightmare for $25 per night.

• 27th Jun 2014

Everything was excellent. The receptionists were very nice. The room was comfortable

The building was under construction when I was there and, thus, had limited space available. This hostel was my first hostel experience; but, from what I've heard and other hostels I visited in the area, this one is very different from the norm. It was definitely worth the value, no doubt. It was very budget friendly. It was also very quiet when I was there, as it wasn't a peak time for tourism, but the residents and staff there were friendly toward me.

• 30th May 2014

Really convenient. Happy with our stay

• 25th May 2014

We reserved a place for 3 nights. Then, one week before our arrival, we received an e-mail: we were told that the hostel was having plumbing issues and we had to look for another accommodation. We're still waiting for our refund...

• 23rd May 2014

before entering the room there is a sign asking for doors to be kept shut to help with pest control, the pests were cockroaches. sadly this building is run down as are the rooms, in turn the rooms are dirty and i looked forward to leaving. i did not see any additional facilities to use therefore did not experience a social atmosphere.

A place with great atmosphere, the only thing I missed was laundrette

• 5th May 2014

My friend and I booked a private room together for a couple of nights and it was okay. The beds were nice but the bathroom was pretty seedy and the blinds did not stop the sun coming in the room at 8am in the morning. The vibe was quite odd and we were reminded not to slam the door in the quiet area... Fair enough. The TV was inadequate but we didn't really care too much. I moved to the dorm and it was like being stuffed into meat storage. 50 beds in two rooms. Bathrooms filthy. Good location.

• 3rd May 2014

This was horrible. Did not end up even staying. The co-ed dorm is a half way house, not a hostel. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• 2nd May 2014

The location was bad. It is most definitely haunted. Cockroaches greeted me in the hallway on the way to my room, after hearing a few guests complain at the front desk about bloody bandages in their room. Creepy staff made me feel unsafe. I had to leave 3 hours into my arrival due to family emergency, and they not only didn't give me my money back or try to help in the slightest, but never returned my emails or calls. Bed wasn't comfy. I would never stay here.

After reading all the reviews online I was bracing myself for an uninhabitable room. I was so wrong with my expectations. I checked into a huge room that was well furnished and a spotless bathroom. Everyone was really friendly and I felt very safe my entire stay. My friend and I have talked about staying here again.

• 1st May 2014

I booked for a 8-bed female bed dorm but it turns out to be a 20 or 30-bed dorm. They did not assign room to you so you just grab the bed which doesn't have stuff on it.cThere are some permanent residents there who look weird to me. Like other reviews said, cleanliness is a big problem. While I was trying to find an empty bed, I saw a dead cockroach in the corner of the room, and I wonder if anyone is going to clean up the room.

The staff was very nice and caring about what we needed, and the hostel looks beautiful. There is a swimming pool, which was very welcome by the end of the day. The people living there were very sociable for most of them, and funny too. The only thing is that the sleep wasn't very good, some people were drunk and having weird behaviours in the room. They were striving to make us feel comfortable but some had problems with alcohol and other stuff. It was fun but we were happy to leave too.

• 29th Apr 2014

A pleasant place to stay, I had a private room & bath, didn't check out the doom area. I would stay there again.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Prime location. Good price. Available parking. We'll be back. Any first time guest needs to realize it that St. Vincent's is a guest house/hostel. Not a high-priced hotel in the French Quarter. If they haven't previously had that experience, they need to keep an open mind. A more functional kitchen would be nice. Ongoing kitchen renovation could improve that situation.

• 28th Apr 2014