St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be staying there again soon. I am in town often on business and plan to make this my first choice for lodging in the future. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There is such character in the building as well as the staff and the guests. It isn't the Doubletree or Hilton; but it embodies the spirit of New Orleans like no other place I've stayed. If you are looking for the real heart of New Orleans and you are looking for a value, this is it.

• 8th Sep 2014

was a short but pleasant stay. the staff was flexible about my personal wishes. I really appreciated that.

I booked using hostel world app. I used a credit card with very little money in case of fraud. My confirmed reservation was paid, it said I could pay balance on arrival. When I arrive they refuse me. The lady said that they had run my card 2 days before for full amount and it was declined so they had canceled my reservation. I protested, I said no one emailed or called me. I showed her my payed conformation. It says on the bottom, PAYMENT DUE ON ARRIVAL. I stayed another place.

• 30th Aug 2014

My friend and I had the best time in New Orleans, and St Vincent's was the best place we could have stayed. About a 20 minute walk from the French Quarter, we could do the tourist thing but then explore the much more vibrant and exciting magazine street and Garden District. We felt very safe, we had a huge bed each as well as air con, TV and free wifi that worked most of the time. We loved our stay!

• 29th Aug 2014

Beautiful building, great location, and generally helpful and courteous staff. Some of the extended-stay residents are a little rude or off-putting to hostel/hotel guests, and we also saw a huge cockroach in our room one night and had to kill it ourselves, but otherwise it was a great stay!

• 28th Aug 2014

Awesome place! I met very interesting people. Not very clean though. We complained several times and finally they gave us a better room. Overall, very interesting!!

Rooms have their own tv, microwave, refrigerator, air condition+fan. Old staff but works fine. Very beautiful garden, saloon and large balcony. Very excelent statues in corridor made by an artist, lives in there. Not a hostel, a hotel!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The place was untidy and to some extent inhabitable. The staff was not cooperative. I would not recommend anyone to choose this place for their stay.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • India

This place is awesome. It's also really close to everything.

• 4th Jul 2014

Lots of trash under beds. Really in need of repairs. Pool was green with slime. People were friendly. Will never stay there again. I didn't feel safe at all.

• 28th Jun 2014

this review applies to men's dorm 6 cots 1 bathroom. i spent 3 nights in this dark place. results, 9 bed bug bites, saw about a dozen cockroaches (killed two but started late). several cots used for on site workers, dual diagnosis alcoholics/god knows what other mental problems. a nightmare for $25 per night.

• 27th Jun 2014

Everything was excellent. The receptionists were very nice. The room was comfortable

The building was under construction when I was there and, thus, had limited space available. This hostel was my first hostel experience; but, from what I've heard and other hostels I visited in the area, this one is very different from the norm. It was definitely worth the value, no doubt. It was very budget friendly. It was also very quiet when I was there, as it wasn't a peak time for tourism, but the residents and staff there were friendly toward me.

• 30th May 2014

Really convenient. Happy with our stay

• 25th May 2014

We reserved a place for 3 nights. Then, one week before our arrival, we received an e-mail: we were told that the hostel was having plumbing issues and we had to look for another accommodation. We're still waiting for our refund...

• 23rd May 2014

before entering the room there is a sign asking for doors to be kept shut to help with pest control, the pests were cockroaches. sadly this building is run down as are the rooms, in turn the rooms are dirty and i looked forward to leaving. i did not see any additional facilities to use therefore did not experience a social atmosphere.

A place with great atmosphere, the only thing I missed was laundrette

• 5th May 2014

My friend and I booked a private room together for a couple of nights and it was okay. The beds were nice but the bathroom was pretty seedy and the blinds did not stop the sun coming in the room at 8am in the morning. The vibe was quite odd and we were reminded not to slam the door in the quiet area... Fair enough. The TV was inadequate but we didn't really care too much. I moved to the dorm and it was like being stuffed into meat storage. 50 beds in two rooms. Bathrooms filthy. Good location.

• 3rd May 2014

This was horrible. Did not end up even staying. The co-ed dorm is a half way house, not a hostel. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• 2nd May 2014

The location was bad. It is most definitely haunted. Cockroaches greeted me in the hallway on the way to my room, after hearing a few guests complain at the front desk about bloody bandages in their room. Creepy staff made me feel unsafe. I had to leave 3 hours into my arrival due to family emergency, and they not only didn't give me my money back or try to help in the slightest, but never returned my emails or calls. Bed wasn't comfy. I would never stay here.

View all New Orleans Bed and Breakfasts