St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

I had no room and I had to pay for it! 😳????

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Spain

dirty, they havent respected the original reservation condition.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Horrible place, dirty, humid and cold inside, despite the good weather. Service was extremely bad and people at the front office very rude. They made me wait for more than a hour to find the keys of the room where I locked my bag at 3 am... When I entered my room, I found two guys sleeping in the female dorm where I was staying -- someone left the door open. I strongly do not recommend it!

Pros: -25 min walk to French Quarter -Affordable for dorm but not for private room -Cheap parking Cons: -No hot water -Put in a 30+ person co-ed dorm when we booked a 6 and 8 male female separate dorms -No pillows -Clearly unpleasant staff--helpful but arguing with one another and lack of management -Given the wrong keys to a private room where someones stuff still was -"Guest" knocked at private room at 7am asking (me, female) if my husband/boyfriend was in the room with me.

Everything was quite good, but water in the shower was cold in the morning.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Spain

no hot water in the dorm's shower s during our stay

• 14th Feb 2014

I've stayed at St. Vincent's twice and loved it each time. It's old and kind of creepy, but the people are friendly (albeit strange) and always helpful. Mojo's, the coffee house across the street, is the best ever and the shopping on Magazine street is great too. Plus, it's a super short ride from the French Quarter. For $30ish a night, I think it's fantastic. I'll be staying here again.

• 25th Jan 2014

Dorm rooms were freezing! Keys sometimes did not work. Rooms, beds, bedding, bathroom were all VERY outdated and rooms and bathroom were unclean. Security wasn't great as the other girl in my dorm brought in two male friends and management didn't even know about this. Redeeming qualities were price and location was fairly decent. Staff we're sometimes helpful but this was hit and miss. This property has a lot of potential if only the owners would put some money into the place and restore it.

• 17th Jan 2014

We had an awesome stay here! It had a spooky kind of feeling about the place, but was completely safe. It was a nice 15 minute stroll into the French Quarters and was pretty well located. We stayed in a room with a queen bed and it was really nice, not much noise could be heard outside! The bathroom was extremely cold but thats about it, everything is great especially for the price for a nice get away!

Staff was extremely friendly. Our first night here we stayed in one of the dorms where the beds could use some work and there could be more power outlets. The next night we stayed in a private room that was fantastic and very comfortable though. Nice neighborhood just a short walk from the tram. Would recommend staying here.

The security in the place is really bad, the laptop and wallet of one of the guests was stolen from inside his room! Also the place is really dirty, with mold and cockroachs. I think they should fix and cleand all the building before starting to receive guests!

DO NOT RECOMMEND! Had booked a 6-bed dorm & put me in a 8-bed,claiming website error. Beautiful building but largely undermaintained. Reception & lounge look ok but the dorm was TERRIBLE: dark, knackered mattress, stained pillow case, & the carpet... OMG, cannot imagine what happened on it. Believe my 2 roomies were homeless, some people live there permanently. Doubt bathroom is ever cleaned. Only thing good: friendly staff, location 25min walking distance from French Quarter or Garden District.

They have bed bugs...no hot water and every one can enter inside the hostel.

First time ever staying in a hostel and I was very happy. The staff we encountered were friendly and eager to help with assistance and questions. Could use a bit of paint and some new carpet but overall the historic nature of the property and it's proximity to public transit made it a wonderful choice. Will definitely be staying with you again.

• 27th Dec 2013

Great for the price. I just would like to have better beth clothes and not let the clients bring supermarcket car into the hotel. for me was awsome the acctitude of all the staff around and really love the central sight of the complex. would be recomendable to take the bigg ladder out from the coutyard and to hace that big watch working

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

In overall my experience is pretty good except for the cleanliness of the bathroom in dorm room is bad. They have friendly and helpful staff and it's great location close to downtown. You can walk for 5 to 10 minutes to get a street car and walgreens.

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

The worst place i ve stayed

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

It was very cold, the wifi did not reach our room, the lights did not work, and there were cockroaches in the room! The receptionist went out of his way to help and moved us to a nicer room. Sadly, the building and its history is extraordinary, but the owners are letting it fall into a state of disrepair. I'm not sorry we stayed, however, because it was funny and all part of our trip. If you want an unusual travelling experience then come here, but be prepared for the worst!

• 28th Nov 2013

Got bed bugs in the dorm room. Was moved to a private room immediately however the whole place is weird and creepy

• 23rd Nov 2013

THERE IS A MINIMUM FOR ANY KIND OF PRICE WE HAVE TO PAY. A MINIMUM OF CLEANLINESS. IT WAS REALLY DIRTY IN THE FLOOR IN THE BATHROOM IN THE ROOM; WITHOUT TALKING ABOUT THE SMELL IN THE ROOM. I THINK THAT THE REST IS NOT IMPORTANT WHEN WE BOOK A ROOM FIT IS FOR LEAVING THE GOODS IN A MINIMUM OF SECURITY AND FOR RELAXING AFTER A LONG OR SHORT TRIP. I WOULD SAY THAT THE ROOM WAS ALREADY BOOKED AND OCCUPIED BY INSECTS AS WELL. HONESTLY I LEFT FOR ANOTHER PLACE. WORTH EXPERIENCE EVER !

• 16th Nov 2013