St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

It a really good place to stay. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Located only 20 min walk from the french quarter and you can take the bus just a street away. Can would cost you around 15-20 to the french Quarter. The buulding is full of history because it was an orphan

Staying while they were renovating the property so a lot of work was being undertaken. Excellent free wifi, but facilities poor because there are no saucepans or cooking utensils what-so-ever, only plastic cuttlery and paper plates. Staff fantastic! Friendly and willing to help, and handling the renovation very well.

We are three girls who decided to spend a weekend in New Orleans. We choose this hostel because of the price. We didn't expect that it could be that good. Is very familiar and independent at the same time. There's a kitchen that everybody can use and you can enjoy whoever is in the pool. A nice place to meet great people.

• 5th Apr 2015

Hotel staff was lively and warm. A small issue with the check in was corrected quickly and professioanlly. Location is a big plus. Questions asked about organized trips were given honest answers and there was no feeling the hostel is trying to make a buck off of customers, as is often the case.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 31-40

saint Vincent s setting portrays New Orlean s lore. RICH, imaginative, a perfect atmospher to allow yourself to be immersed into John's the caretakers tale of his Créole ancestory. If You love history this place is a pearl. The coffre shop in front amazing!! bus stops a cross the street.

The ceiling in our bathroom housed a pigeon but the hostel itself was very fun and interesting to stay in.

• 21st Mar 2015

Supernatural spirits, fantastic view of skyline, dome, and bridge from courtyard, AND a coffee shop across da street (MOJOS=A ) will stay here again. A-

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

They take money from your account for the first night even if you don't sign/consent to it.

I booked this room for a touring band. All members enjoyed their stay. The old building is full of history and character. The staff were great! Each room was clean. Best bang for your buck in New Orleans

I stayed 1 night and having read previous reviews my expectations were very low. Surprisingly, for a hostel it's great value for money! Location is midtown and within walking/bus ride distance. The staff were fab, friendly and helpful especially Shaun who got me fresh linen and a towel. I shared in a 6 bed female dorm who were all quiet and mindful. Best of all, huge ensuite bathroom that was clean and hot running water!! Bunks creak but ear plugs resolved that! :-) I would def stay again!

• 11th Mar 2015

Nothing stellar, but it's not a bad deal for a place to sleep in New Orleans! About a 20-30 minute walk to the French Quarter.

The staff was very kind and helpful when I had questions about the area and checked me in and out without any issue. The room I rented was a double/private and while not the most inviting to look at, was suitable to sleep in with my boyfriend after a day of gallivanting around town. The location is fantastic, but don't expect the Holiday Inn and take showers at night if you would like hot water. My boyfriend and I both agree we would stay there again since it's affordable and near the 1/4.

• 7th Mar 2015

I just think they should have heating even they don't have a lot of cold days. I booked a room with tv but it did not work at all.

• 19th Feb 2015

The staff were very friendly. I was in the large dorm, the heating wasn't working so it was pretty cold, I was able to get a second blanket though. You'd have to get in early for the shower, hot water doesn't seem to last that long. Very cheap, you get what you pay for.

• 19th Feb 2015

I was there at a time when it was particularly cold (almost freezing). There was no heating at all, and windows were very drafty - it was very cold in the room. When it warmed up, the place was excellent. Simon.

• 17th Feb 2015

This is a hostel with a personality. A restored Victorian mansion built in the 1860s as an orphanage for the children whose parents died of the then yellow fever pandemic. The premise has its ownership changed hands several times, serving multiple functions. The hostel as it is today preserves pretty much the original elegant architecture, with the NOLA-typical elaborate ironwork at the facade and interior decorations. I enjoyed very much my time staying here. The staff were very nice & helpful.

Stayed during Mardi Gras, so expected inflated prices, but was very disappointed with the facility. No electricity in our room for the first 2 hours we were there because nobody knew where the breaker box was. No hot water in our bathroom, and no heat source in our room until a space heater was requested. We had a note on the back of our door requesting tips for housekeeping , but no service was rendered. When our concerns were presented to the staff, the general answer was, "we are low budget"

No heating, no blankets and the worst part was that staff did not seem to care about them when it was freezing cold for free days on Mardi Gras. Had to move to another hostel, sick. The dirtiest hostel I have seen so far, too

Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very cold at night though and no heater in the room I was in.

Worst experience in a hostel ever! Don't go there. We stayed in a private room w/ bathroom. There was no heat and it was very humid because of poor insulation, room temp at night was 50°F (10°C) so sleeping was bad. We asked for a heater, we got a small and "100-years old" heater that was not working at all. Linen were disgusting and no housekeeping in 4 nights!! Vent not working in bathroom, water goes everywhere when taking a shower. Staff is inefficient (except 1 or 2 people).

• 15th Feb 2015