St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

Better be informed in advance that the price displayed is quite far from the the one paid.

• 26th Apr 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at St. Vincent's. Staff were friendly and responded positively to any requests. Location was excellent, with good access to buses and I didn't pay more than $15 for taxis when needed. Thank you! Jeremy

• 25th Apr 2014

It was the worst place I have ever stayed in. Showers didn't work, very far away from French quarter, very old rooms, and furniture, full of creepy people around.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

St Vincents probably isn't for everybody, but I love it. I've been going there for years during the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. It's in a great location. I like the funkiness of the building and general friendliness of the people and staff there. Love Mojo coffee shop right across the street. It's not particularly fancy, but I just need a place to stay with a decent bed, AC and functional shower. It saves me $ that I can spend elsewhere on my trip and I meet good people.

Overall I was satisfied with my stay. Our 1st rm was quite noisy but the accommodating staff moved us to a much larger 2 bdrm ste on the opposite end of the hotel for the same price. The room turned out to be much quieter and more peaceful which was great! The only downside was that this room had a few roaches (yuck). There was no elevator on our side of the building which made carrying our luggage a pain. The building has an interesting history and makes for a great story. Ask the staff!!

• 21st Apr 2014

Booked a 6 Bed Female Dorm, got a 8 Bed Mixed Dorm. The carpet was disgusting with stains all over. The bathroom was very dirty and there was no warm water. Many of the people staying there are long-term guests, some of them working there to pay for the stay. If you have a choice, don't go there!

We stayed in a private room, which was very comfortable. There's lots of space to relax. Liked the courtyard. Staff was also very helpful. It's not terribly far from anything. Garden District is cool itself. Thank you!

It's a typical nice place. Quiet and friendly. Sure, it's not the Marriott but it is cheaper... But, the door lock at our room don't look very safe... Au revoir

They have a great location, but the building and rooms need lots of maintenance. They close the front desk at 12:00, so it is not convenient if you cannot make it on time. I have to pay extra for that. Staff and people are very friendly, but the lack of maintenance is overwhelming.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Venezuela

Stayed at St Vincents for 3 nights over the Wrestlemania weekend. The Guesthouse is located in a nice neighbourhood and easy to get to from the bus/train station. Lots of bars and restaurants on Magazine St to keep you occupied and a 20min trolley or bus ride into the French Quarter. The Guesthouse is a lovely building and staff were helpful and welcoming. Only downside was the cleanliness in the bedrooms. Of note the bedroom sheets/covers were stained and hard to look past! New linen is needed!

We were extremely pleased with the St Vincent. The staff there were friendly and extremely helpful, and the facilities were well-maintained. The building itself was a little old and shabby, but extremely cool. On the whole, I am very pleased with the experience.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The pizza place at the hostel is amazing! The food we had there was delicious :)

lovely quaint hostel with alot of history. very close to everything, sightseeing tours bustop is a block away and main CBD of NOLA is about a 15-20min walk so very close. neighbourhood is safe, we cam back blocked a few nights and had no trouble. never used the pool as it didnt look the best but apart from that St.Vincents is a great place to stay

• 1st Apr 2014

Staff was great and it's an awesome building with lots of character. The facilities were in need of cleaning however and the water was only lukewarm.

• 24th Mar 2014

The staff were nice and helpful, the building is cool and the location is good.. But it doesn't change the fact that it's essentially a halfway house for homeless. Some of them work there to pay for their stay, but many of them are horrible old men with criminal convictions and drug problems. These people deserve somewhere to sleep, yes - but young people staying here need to know what they are getting into. One of the upstairs rooms was dealing in crack and favours. Also no hot showers!

Worst hygiene ever. Sticky door handles. Dirty mirrors in the bathroom. Sticky bathroom floor and excessively dirty shower and curtian. The carpet has never been shampoed. You can see mould on all the mattresses! Bed frames are home made and falling to pieces such that no mattresses are sitting evenly. The pillows provided are yellow and full of stains and stench. The linnen provided is old torn and worn. The only difference between this place and living with a bum on the street is it has a roof

• 22nd Mar 2014

SUCH A GREAT EXPERIENCE!!! Our flight was delayed so we called ahead and the woman working gave us her personal cell phone number. She came back at 1:30 A.M to let us on the grounds and give us our room key. The room was clean and after you let the shower run for a bit it got nice and hot! It is an old building, definitely not the Sheraton, but hey, for the price you cannot beat the St. Vincent's Guesthouse. I highly recommend staying here. 15 minute walk and you're in the heart of N.O

• 20th Mar 2014

When we pulled up we were excited to stay at first sight. Then we got to our room and knew it was love. It was so comfortable and welcoming. Plus the spot was great. TThere was a great cafe across the street. What we couldn't walk to we could take the trolley to. Would greatly recommend. ~c

• 11th Mar 2014

5 came. staffs are friendly. The place looks nice from the outside but the condition inside is rated 1 out of 5 stars. The hallway is dark and many light bulbs in the room are either broken or non-existent. Hallway smelled like vomit and the smell permeated into our rooms. Beds were covered in plastic sheets and the windows do not open. There are also many insects like daddy long-leg and cockroaches (friend found one on the pillow and he has to flick it off). many potential, need a lot of work.

the rooms were discussing, we slept in our cloths . Floors were dirty, bathrooms were discussting and room was cold. overpriced for the value.

View all New Orleans Bed and Breakfasts