St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

The only good thing I can say about this place is the location. The beds are dirty, the bed sheets and bath towels they provide you are stained, pillows and pillow cases stained. Rooms have no heat so we froze at night and had no hot water for 4 days. Ended up staying there for a week. There are much better hostels in New Orleans. Spend the extra few bucks and save yourself the troubles.

• 12th Feb 2015

Furniture old and in a very bad maintenance Cleaning do NOT exist. Only the bed was cleaned nothing else. Light very bad and missing. Very cold and no heating. About 40 degres F. Towels vet and only changed 1 time in a hold week. Vet weil very cold. Outdoors every thing was broken.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Denmark
  • Couple, 41+

Good area, close to the french quarter and downtown, good welcome but the room are really disapointing : no heat, no blanket, not clean... Even if they try to make our stay better and help us, our stay was still not so good...

The location was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only problem we encountered was the heat. We arrived on a very cold weekend, and the room was not heated. We were given extra blankets the second night which helped a lot.

bed bugs, smelly, third world

• 7th Jan 2015

Magazine street is very nice. On the other side of the street is one of the best cafés in New Orleans. Near the hostel there are plenty of good breakfast and lunch places that are more affordable then in the French Quarter. At a first glance, the hostel looked very nice, but it is very old. The dorms (6 person dorm) was okay, but not very comfortable and there are definitely some roaches around. Nevertheless, for 2 nights it was okay and we were lucky to share the room with 4 other guys.

Looks like hold by drug ppl. They said they did not have our booking reservation. We had to pay more gor staying in a cold room. Two ppl had to sleep on a air matress bed they put in the room.

• 31st Dec 2014

At 80 something dollars a night for a private room it just isn't worth it. There's NO HEAT you may or may not get a space heater. Also we got a room with 2 beds and one of them was literally an air mattress on the floor. You will wake up in the middle of the night on the floor after your air mattress deflates, freezing and wishing you stayed at a chain hotel on the outskirts of town. When you factor in uber promo codes there's really no need to stay at this location. Even the city jail has heat.

• 31st Dec 2014

Booked a room weeks in advance and upon checkin was told that I might not have a room. We had to sleep 4 people to a room with one bed because of lack of rooms. After first night, we were able to move into bigger rooms.

• 31st Dec 2014

My stay at St. Vincent Guest House was very unpleseant. On 12/09/2014, I made a reservation for the stay on 12/31/2014. The Hostel World charged me $14 for the deposit to reserve the Private Ensuite Room with two beds. However,St. Vincent Guest House charged my credit card for $82.20 which is 100% payment for the room. When I showed up at 8:30pm after dinner due to my travel schedule on 12/31/2014, they told me that my room is no longer availabe because it is a first come first serve system.

1 2 3 Next » last »