St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

This place is the bomb. Love it and would gladly stay here again.

• 16th Oct 2014

WARNING: This is not a hostel. This place MUST be removed from Hostelworld!! I implore everyone reading this to please, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, anywhere else. This is a Halfway House for recovering drug addicts and other scourge of society. We were met with DISGUST. The entire place is covered in filth and grime, the bathrooms are more like outhouses and windows only serve Peeping Toms. It took about three minutes to realise we had made a DIRE mistake. We ESCAPED, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

For the very low price, it's decent. Still, we found cockroaches in our room during our stay, and the person who booked our room booked it wrong so instead of getting 2 beds per room we only got 1 bed per room. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay in New Orleans, though, it's a good deal.

• 10th Oct 2014

I was only there for 1 night. The staff was very friendly and helped me with getting to the French Quarter The room was nothing fancy, but clean. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, go elsewhere and spend $250.00 a night. I enjoyed my stay and liked all of the history that went with St. Vincent guesthouse.

• 4th Oct 2014

I am usually a generous reviewer, but this place was ridiculous. i have never picked up my stuff in the middle of the night and taken off. Full of shady characters reside here. As soon as i check in i notice how dark and dingy the place is. I take the stair case up to my room and a stench just punches me in the nose as i walk in. i was woken by a cockroach crawling on my chest. i start to look around and the floor was covered by small little roaches. This place is awful. don't stay here!!

1 2 3 Next » last »