St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews

1507 Magazine St, New Orleans, USA

At 80 something dollars a night for a private room it just isn't worth it. There's NO HEAT you may or may not get a space heater. Also we got a room with 2 beds and one of them was literally an air mattress on the floor. You will wake up in the middle of the night on the floor after your air mattress deflates, freezing and wishing you stayed at a chain hotel on the outskirts of town. When you factor in uber promo codes there's really no need to stay at this location. Even the city jail has heat.

• 31st Dec 2014

Booked a room weeks in advance and upon checkin was told that I might not have a room. We had to sleep 4 people to a room with one bed because of lack of rooms. After first night, we were able to move into bigger rooms.

• 31st Dec 2014

My stay at St. Vincent Guest House was very unpleseant. On 12/09/2014, I made a reservation for the stay on 12/31/2014. The Hostel World charged me $14 for the deposit to reserve the Private Ensuite Room with two beds. However,St. Vincent Guest House charged my credit card for $82.20 which is 100% payment for the room. When I showed up at 8:30pm after dinner due to my travel schedule on 12/31/2014, they told me that my room is no longer availabe because it is a first come first serve system.

• 31st Dec 2014

We had several things stolen out of our bolted room, including a credit card and jewelry. When the office was asked, they knew nothing and did not investigate. Security in general was very poor. Do not leave anything of value in room, even if you dead bolt it. Do not stay here in the winter, we could feel ac old breeze come in through the widows and it was too cold to sleep comfortably - much less shower or change clothing. On the plus side, our room was fairly clean and there were no bugs.

• 29th Dec 2014

Great staff. They were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed staying there.

• 20th Dec 2014