Stacs Accommodation Reviews

I. Drosopoulou 105 A, Athens, Greece

Location not that good, but it only takes one bus to most sightseeing places. The manager was very nice and available! It's a clean apartment, although not that well equiped. It's ok considering it's cheap!

After a month of traveling on my own and staying in hostels with 6+ other people every night, I was looking forward to a room of my own. I couldn't really believe the price I paid, so I was expecting a really awful hole in the wall for a bedroom. I ended up being surprised by a room as large as many of the dorms I stayed at, a little kitchen setup, a balcony, a desk, 2 wardrobes, and my own bathroom! It was like staying at a hotel! For the price, you cannot beat this place. Definitely a steal!

• 16th Jun 2015

15 min walk from the metro station, and bus station just outside, public transport was very easy to use and cheap. The area is a bit rough but that is the norm nowadays in Athens. Could have been more plates/bowls and utensils, and there is no wifi in rooms. The guys were very helpful and there's a common room with a TV where you can get wifi.

The room elas great bug the shower did not have enough height. The staff was never available and basic things like toilete paper were lacking.

You get what you pay for with this. Location is good with 24/7 (#11)buses running to the road near and a kitchen equipped with cooking facilities. However, WiFi was quite temperamental and staff hard to find/contact once you have checked in. The door to the building was left open at times which made me uneasy and question security. We also came across a few cockroaches. All in all the value of this hostel in comparison to others in the city was good and nothing wrong with it as somewhere to.

Awful location and no wifi in the rooms. No hot water in the showers

• 11th Jun 2015

Loved our stay here! Was much more like a hotel then a hostel so felt like a luxury. - not many places you can have your own kitchen and bathroom for that price! Staff were incredibly friendly and willing to help, when they could be found. the bathroom floor flooded a bit but aside from that, great place to stay when visiting Athens

• 9th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

My stay at Stacs was perfect! The manager, Thanos, is very helpful and knowledgeable. Stacs is located off of busy Patision on the quieter side street of I. Drosopoulou. It is close to the major bus lines to Syntagma and within walking distance to the Metro's green line that runs through Monastiraki out to Piraeus. The rooms are setup nicely and you will feel at home. From the friendly Thanos to the nice rooms in the culturally rich Kypseli area , Stacs is a great place to stay while in Athens.

We ended our trip there, it's a little far from the city center, but with the metro and buses it's not that bad. We had some problem with hot water, but we finally could take a shower in another room and the hot water came back on our night there. Really nice to have acces to some wasing machine. Maybe would need more sheets, it was not that hot during the nights and would need more stuff to do some cooking in the kitchenette.

All was really good. If you need a room for a couple of days to see Athens this place is a good choice. Wifi is only not working well.

Really nice place. Quite a long walk from all the sites, but there are buses and the metro to get around. Rooms where good, and so was the place. Thanos really helped us, and was an information machine, he really helped us decide what to do there, and where to go next :)

• 19th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I figured that this would be a great option. Upon arriving to the place (different than what the address showed), everything appeared to be great (an upgrade in room size too!). However, over time the promised accommodations were sub par (no towel, wifi was non-existent, etc.). While the staff was friendly, there is only so much you can make up for when your are in one of the worst neighborhoods and bus dependent 20 mins out of the main area. Greek hospitality is common, pick a different place.

If you need affordable accommodation with kitchen then this is perfect option.

For anyone needing a room in Athens, this is a great recommendation. The staff is really friendly and always prepared to help when you're in need. The accomodation is mostly used by local students. The rooms are private, which means it's like you have your own place. If you're not expecting a hotel, you're likely to have a wonderful stay.

• 28th Apr 2015

The great value for money. This is not only a hostel room but a small lovely apartment! Very easy access to the city center 24 hours and really helpful staff. Fully recomended!! *I will be back soon!