Stadtalm Naturfreundehaus Reviews

Moenchsberg 19c, Salzburg, Austria

This is not really a hostel, just a restaurant with some rooms. No Wi-Fi, kitchen, common room or reception. I did not meet any people here.The view is nice though and the walk there is beautiful, but way too hard if you have luggage with you so you have to pay 5e in public transport to get there. The Staff is quite busy serving the "paying customers" in the restaurant, I had to wait for like 15 min for them to answer my questions. They did not offer any city info. Would not stay here again :)

staff had a very freindly. And view is so great.

The location is phenomenal. Everything else was disappointing. No lockers for our luggage, extremely tiny rooms, and terrible breakfast. Too bad, because with the location is could be a fantastic hostel. I guess you get what you pay for.

It would be better to have wifi in the hostel! That is the only demerit of yours.

Thank you for the great time we had and the information we received from you. You have such an awesome location :)

Dankeschön ;)

The hostel is on top of a hill so it has a gorgeous view. The facilities are from the 13th century adding a nice historic charm. It was a little difficult to find. It would also help to have some knowledge of German as the staff spoke little English.

The view is fantastic. You can see all of Salzburg from on top of the mountain. It took us a while to find the hostel (signage could have been better) however once we knew the location, the walk to/from the city isn't that bad, As long as you are prepared (25-30 minutes from the station). the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was simple, tasty, filling. We checked in around noon, during lunch, so the woman checking us in seemed a little rude. Great value though if you're willing to walk.

• 15th May 2014

The directions were hard to follow and during my stay all of the guests that appeared had the same story - we all got lost in the forest trying to find the hostel. Perhaps put up more signs, given that it is a lot of trails and trees, asking people is not always an option. Also, it was very scary that there appeared to be no staff with us up on that cliff and people kept appearing from the forest lost and afraid in the middle of the night. However, the view from the cliff was indeed spectacular.

The staff didn't speak English or even try. She handed us our key and walked away. No map,no help -nothing. The hostel is literally on a hill, almost impossible to find. If you can find it, you will have a great view but it takes about 45 minutes to get to the city center.

Literally up a cliff, so be warned! Look up good directions first- but the stairs are totally doable and the view is unparalleled! The rooms were very nice, breakfast was really simple but ok.

I recommend this hostel to everyone who wants to have a one of the most beautiful view to Salzburg. Besides, the staff are welcoming and friendly and the food is delicious too. I recommend this hostel also because of its unique location - even if you should make a little effort to get there :).

NO WIFI. But apart from that, great hostel, would recommend for the views alone! Rooms are small but comfy and have character. Nice big bathrooms. Sadly no kitchen or even a common room. We arrived during the day, so sat at the cafe downstairs, enjoying the view after checking in, but I know some other people arrived late and had some problems checking in.

This hostel has best view in the world!

• 8th Feb 2014

I was totally shocked by the lack of organisation. When we arrived to the place our room was already occupied for someone else (we already have paid 10% deposit when we booked through the website). The receptionist, who happened to by the cooker too, after calling all the list of hostel in Salzburg, relocated us in a near hotel, so after all they solve the problem but it wasn't the place that we booked. Overall i was really disappointed and i do not recommend this place at all.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Spain

The location is the best for having a panoramic view. Besides that, you have to get a lift which runs til 10pm only or taking the steps over the cliff. They're in a big lack of staff. They're more concerned about the restaurant. But they provide a nice breakfast. There's no commun room so if you don't want to sleep at the same hour as your roomates you're screwed! Only 1 plug per room, as the others are stuck with beds. The plugs of bathrooms don't work. The waiter is rough

• 2nd Oct 2013

View was amazing, and it ends there. The hostel was over booked, you need to walk 20 mins or pay 2.1 euros each way to ride an elevator but still need to walk 5 minutes to the hostel. The staff was very rude when I pointed out that I had booked 5 months in advance and they had no rooms available for me, and the restaurant closes very early.

• 27th Sep 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Beautiful view, great restaurant (but not open of an evening). Hostel had great beds, lovely and clean and was very quiet! Would definitely stay here again.

For a traveler looking for a true Salzburg experience then you will not be disappointed. This hostel is cozy and very quaint. Located on a high cliff built into an 800 year old fortress wall. The view from the lovely outdoor patio is amazing day and night. The kitchen menu of local beer and foods are absolutely deliscious! The only way to get to the top of the cliff is by stairs or a lift. The lift is not 24 hours so be prepared to hike. Don't worry, it's an amazing walk thru the forest.

• 21st Sep 2013

The excellent view of town and the hard working staff who provided the delicious food. I loved the food they made and was really good . No need to go down the hill as the best view is just in front of your eyes , days and nights. My son visited the place few years back and suggested that I should break my German journey just to stay in this hostel. My best wishes for this little, lovely and friendly hostel with the gourmet food. Tali from Australia

Reception barely spoke to us, just enough to charge for the room, early in the morning (7am) there were workers of the hostel cutting metal (pretty noisy) which stopped at 8am... room was VERY VERY small, smallest we been in 40 days travelling, there were bees everywhere at breakfeast, the place is a restaurant, no special prices for guests and hostelling is like just a second way to make money, the place is located very up in a hill, not good if you are backpacking, JUST STAY AWAY

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5