8.1
Fabulous 258 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 258 Total Reviews
Stadtalm Naturfreundehaus Located at Moenchsberg 19c, , Salzburg.
Austria
Salzburg Salzburg 5020 Moenchsberg 19c
81% 258
47.7995497 13.0361366
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Nov 2016

Pros: Incredible view (like really awesome). Travelled in off-season and had a hostel room to ourselves which was fabulous. Good safety lockers in room. Cozy atmosphere. Comfortable bunk beds with windows and heating to control temperature. Cons: Reviews are right, the hike is tiring and challenging, lots of stairs but view is worth it. Bring snacks (kitchen timing is short). Showers have see-through doors. Staff was a bit dismissive, but info centre in town is helpful.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Nov 2016

Was such a lovely and cute hostel! The view was amazing from here and it was perfectly located. It's a bit of a walk up but it's no big deal if you don't mind the stairs, or you can drive or get the elevator from the museum. I highly recommend it. :)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
26th Oct 2016
6.9

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL location! The view of Salzburg was great, just be prepared to take a taxi, pay for the elevator or hike up 400 stairs. The rooms were decent. Security I found to be lacking as the front door was unlocked when we got in and i found that the back door was held ajar with a book. Its a small hostel above a restaurant that closes at 6. Has some nice character and overall is a comfortable unique place to stay (on a cliff)

• chunterhall8111
  • USA, Couple, 41+
23rd Sep 2016

This is a great choice if you enjoy sitting on a terrace in a park looking down on the city. Wow! It is a bit of a walk up to the hostel and we had a little trouble finding the steps up to it. There are also steep steps up to the attic rooms where we stayed. Also, there is not really an indoor common room or area for use by guests. Luckily the weather was great while we were there and we spent all our time there in our room or on the terrace. Other downside is that wifi was very spotty.

• May11
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Sep 2016
8.0

Perfect location. On a hill with amazing view. A bit of a walk to get there buts it's a walk I would take anytime for the view and once you get down you're right in the middle of old town. The free breakfast was great everything was clean and cosy. Had a good vibe. Only downside is the rooms were small and there's no kitchen. I enjoyed my stay here

16th Sep 2016

Incredible view. After reading reviews I knew to expect a restaurant staff instead of a dedicated hostel desk. While we waited out front for the server to have a spare minute, he did ask us if we were there for the hostel which was nice, acknowledging us. He was very busy, but when finally did talk to us he was very nice and helpful. Spaces are clean. The open windows at night let in some restaurant noise from outside, but the view is definitely worth it.

13th Sep 2016

I booked a second night after my first because this place is fantastic! The staff was so friendly and helpful; it's smartly decorated and warm, the view is unmatched. The restaurant downstairs is a little pricey. It's a bit of a trek up the hill to get to it, but when you're tired or you have big bags you can pay 2.5 euro to take an elevator. Free lockers! Downsides: breakfast is bread, cheese, ham--not great for vegetarians or carb-watchers. no kitchen. Best simple stay for the price!

22nd Aug 2016

Great Hostel if you don't mind to walk everytime on top of the hill (you will get rewarded with the amazing view) and don't need to cook anything (cause there is no kitchen). The wifi was only accessible in the first floor and there should be a common room. But I still enjoyed staying there. Especially the free breakfast.

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

Very small hostel, difficult to find at first. Above a nice Austrian restaurant with great views, not many plug sockets in the room, but still I enjoyed my stay here and although I won't rush back to Salzburg i would happily stay here again.

• CamilleBenslimane
  • England, Couple, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
5.1

The staff were very unhelpful when I rang for directions, it was very unclear where to go and where to check in. We had dinner there and found the staff quite rude. For the location and the staff I feel like I paid too much