Stafford Gables Hostel Reviews

71 Stafford St, Dunedin, New Zealand

Location is really good and the building looks nice, but definitely can be improved by cleaning, improving the facilities, more heating and organising.

This hostel is awesome. A little strange, but awesome. Also its super cheap. When it was too late to book a shuttle bus, the manager drove me to the airport for about half the price I would have paid for a cab.

• 7th Jul 2014

What a nice building ! We felt like being in Hogwards. Too bad the owner (who obviously bought this only YHA) is not taking care of the place well...

Fantastic! I have been away for two weeks and staying at different places and Fellworth House was the best, I didn't want to leave. Exceptional value for money.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Very cold public areas, very limited WiFi In-room heat on a timer that must be reset every hour, difficult to do when sleeping Long walk to central city area

A lovely building but some small things could have improved it. Heating would make this much more cosy! Maintenance of bathrooms (e.g. Having bins in girls toilet, having paper to wipe hands) would also be great.

Thank you and will improve on it.Cheers!!

Nice hostel, a walk to the centre down a hill but easy to get to. Wifi is only in one room downstairs. Good showers!

I booked a four dorm and got a single room. It was perfect :)

The hostel has good facilities and the old building has character.

The hostel building was full of character and the atmosphere was very friendly.

• 3rd Mar 2014

I didn't like my stay there, I found the whole place quit dirty and unfriendly atmosphere.

Good hostel. Not too far from the city center. Free tea/coffee and wifi. Only annoying thing was that it was really cold in all the common areas (but the heating in our room was good).

Up a short sharp hill, just a wander from the city centre, though about a mile from the intercity stop. This is a lovely large hostel, with fantastic free wifi-seriously good. The dorm i was in was spacious and the toilet and shower a little small but did the job. The place looks a bit ramshackle, but I found it charming.

I had a marvellous two nights here, and this hostel has a lot of character as a building

I thought this hostel was great value for money. Possibly the cheapest in Dunedin and good location, clean and well equipped. Good character too and plenty of hang-out rooms so never feels too busy. A kitchen is only ever as clean as the people who use it, keep it. I would stay here again and recommend others to do the same.