Stafford Gables Hostel

Good 133 Total Reviews
Good 133 Total Reviews

3rd Mar 2017
6.6

This hostel, as the reviews before have stated, was nothing special. However, it was comfortable and clean enough for sure. There were many of the features that weren't available to us that I found very annoying. E.g. Rooftop access, wifi horribly slow, no kitchen cutting knives and very little pans, no towels in the bathrooms. It seems to be neglected. And when you talk to the manager about complaints, he doesn't even pretend to care. He told us the hostel would be closed in a month.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
6th Feb 2017
5.1

The showers were disgusting. They smelt like they had not been cleaned for a long time, there was mildew build up on the shower walls. Not sure if the sheets on my bed had been replaced since the last person, as it obtained things it shouldn't have if they had been through the washing machine. The staff behind the counter had difficulty finding my booking & even after I had told him & showed him the booking reference number which he took no notice of continued to tell me he couldnt find my booki

20th Jan 2017
6.3

Bit disapointed with my stay here. Location was OK, but other than that not great. Sheets weren't changed in between guests, wifi only worked downstairs, not in rooms. Not enough plug sockets in each room (2 plug sockets in a 6 person room). On plus side check in was relatively easy and there was quite a few places to sit n chill if you didn't want to in room. Place is quite dated (brochures and leaflets still from 2014) but I quite liked that old charm tbf. Atmosphere was a bit dead.