Star Hostel Taipei Main Station Reviews

4F., No.50, Huayin Street, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan

This place is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. Clean, ridiculously friendly staff, free coffee and tea all day, and a great location close to restaurants and shops. I came down with a cold and the staff was incredibly helpful on getting me to a pharmacy and seemed genuinely concerned with my health (THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!). In addition to comfy beds, the lounge is a great place to read a book, decompress, and meet fellow travelers. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• 28th Aug 2015

Extremely clean and modern, with a calm staff and clientele. Great place to stay when first arriving to the city as it is close to where the bus drops you off from airport. Everything looked brand new and worked well, everyone was friendly. Not a party atmosphere at least while I was there, so if that's a plus or minus for you take it into consideration. Breakfast was great; fresh fruit, toast, cappuccino machine every day, omelet one day, bacon and eggs the next.

• 20th Aug 2015

The best hostel I've ever stayed !

It will be better if they allow more choices in breakfast like offering 2 or 3 choices for the breakfast served

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

A lovely hostel! It felt brand new! The communal area is amazing with a treehouse and wooden benches - it had a great rustic feel to it. There is a large kitchen and a cafe which serves breakfast. The rooms are extremely clean with comfortable beds and pillows. It's located not far from the train station and a short walk into the city. We would happily stay again!

One of the best atmosphere hostels that I've every stayed!

We had a great stay at Star Hostel - the location is great, everything is so organized, easy, and helpful! The breakfasts in the morning were amazing, and free coffee and tea all day long! It doesn't feel really truly like a hostel because everything is so nice, modern, and clean and the majority of the rooms are not dorm rooms. Lots of families stay here too. I'd likely come back to Star Hostel when I am in Taipei again! Thanks!

• 21st Jul 2015

Amazing homey feel to the place. Very clean, modern and atmospheric. It is almost like a small hotel with several dorm rooms, so expect a more civil, less packer-y crowd (or at least that was the case when I was there). It is popular with Asian tourist, so very quiet and respectful, was a bit difficult to meet people as most people seemed to already been travelling with someone else. However, I loved the hostel and would recommend it

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The most beautiful hostel i have ever stayed. It could be a hotel if you ask me.

It's a lovely hostel on a quiet little street by Taipei Main Station, about a 10 minute walk through Q Square to the metro lines. They provide a good breakfast every morning and the common area is very pretty and a popular place to relax. Bathrooms are bright and clean and the dorms are nice.

Excellent stay overall! Didn't have a lot of difficulty locating the place and it is very accessible. The facilities were excellent. Maybe this is just me but I'm used to having bars inside hostels and this one didn't have one. :)

After the 1st night's sleep, I couldn't find my purple towel on the rack (quick drying towel for HK$110!) Then I looked around and finally found it all wet in the shower room! Obviously, someone in the dorm used it for morning shower without asking. That woman was disgusting and unacceptable regarding hygiene and ethics. The staff apologized and gave me coins for washing the towel, but they refused to tell me if that woman checked out or not. Who'd dare to use it again? I'd ask for compensation.

• 28th Jun 2015

Cosy and nice environment

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Don't even now how to condense in 500 words how amazing is this hostel. It's this kind of places where you start thinking if they should start a star rating system for hostels too because this one would get 5 well deserved stars. Everything works there. Impeccable wonderful perfect experience. My new number one hostel!

Its a little bit far away from the metro station, it costs me about 15 minutes. However, the atmosphere and the common area is great, people here are helpful and nice!!!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

very good!! i was amply satisfied with star hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

the common room was very spacious, Breakfast was delicious. shared Common CR not enough. Everywhere is clean.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Really clean and funky hostel. Dorms were flawless, power sockets by the bed, individual lights, very private curtains, lockers and even a towel rack. Sheets were lovely and clean and air con was fantastic. Breakfast was good. Bathrooms were really nice but did get quite dirty after peak times, lots of black hair on white tiles. Common area was nice and funky. Great location but the atmosphere of the hostel was average. Lots of groups and even families, difficult to socialise and meet people.

I loved the common area! The only concern I had was that there was no screen on the women's bathroom window, by the sinks.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Very nice environment and clean

• 27th May 2015