Star Hostel Taipei Main Station Reviews

4F., No.50, Huayin Street, Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan

After the 1st night's sleep, I couldn't find my purple towel on the rack (quick drying towel for HK$110!) Then I looked around and finally found it all wet in the shower room! Obviously, someone in the dorm used it for morning shower without asking. That woman was disgusting and unacceptable regarding hygiene and ethics. The staff apologized and gave me coins for washing the towel, but they refused to tell me if that woman checked out or not. Who'd dare to use it again? I'd ask for compensation.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Don't even now how to condense in 500 words how amazing is this hostel. It's this kind of places where you start thinking if they should start a star rating system for hostels too because this one would get 5 well deserved stars. Everything works there. Impeccable wonderful perfect experience. My new number one hostel!

Its a little bit far away from the metro station, it costs me about 15 minutes. However, the atmosphere and the common area is great, people here are helpful and nice!!!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

very good!! i was amply satisfied with star hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

the common room was very spacious, Breakfast was delicious. shared Common CR not enough. Everywhere is clean.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Really clean and funky hostel. Dorms were flawless, power sockets by the bed, individual lights, very private curtains, lockers and even a towel rack. Sheets were lovely and clean and air con was fantastic. Breakfast was good. Bathrooms were really nice but did get quite dirty after peak times, lots of black hair on white tiles. Common area was nice and funky. Great location but the atmosphere of the hostel was average. Lots of groups and even families, difficult to socialise and meet people.

I loved the common area! The only concern I had was that there was no screen on the women's bathroom window, by the sinks.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Very nice environment and clean

• 27th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hotel quality, hostel price, cozy common room, large bed... if i have to criticise one thing is that, coffee of breakfast is not good enough and the coffee machine is always broken.

All are excellent and will be come back again.

• 25th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Arrived after emailing them several times because my flight was delayed until a morning arrival & they informed me if i checked in that I would have to check out in 2 hours so front desk said she would not charge me & I didnt have to check in. Was charged on credit card & managment at hostel claims I "no showed" but advised they have video footage. I described in detail everything they needed to verify I was there and they will not respond about refund. Review is based on the 10 min I was there.

• 22nd May 2015

Very stylish hostel. One of best I've stayed at. I like the concept of keeping the shoes in the cupboards & wearing the provided slippers indoors. One suggestion I have is you might want to consider having a bulletin board which allows guest to put up notices (cab sharing, travel tips by other guests etc).

• 22nd May 2015
  • Singapore

Excellent hostel in the heart of the city. Easy to reach and easy to travel from. the lounge area is comfortable and the coffee machine makes it even better. Lively environment sometimes, but interesting to be in. Breakfast is different for each day of the week. Private room is cleaned every day, and it's pretty much spotless.

best hostel I've ever stayed in.

It's a nice place with budget tour. The decoration and atmosphere there is excellence. The lobby allowed for residence only provide a home like feel and many travelers read and relax there. The breakfast is great even simple toast with egg, bread and fruit. One thing to mention is the shower place. the limited places for shower need to queue up when people come back around the same time, say 8:30 to 10:30 pm.

Fantastic hostel! The best dorm bed I have ever slept on! Shared bathroom was always spotless, free breakfast a nice way to start the day, and a fabulous location...what more could you want?! Loved my stay here. Oh and the pepper pork bun stall right outside was a great bonus!

The best hostel I have been so far. Clean and new facilities, comfort bed, great staff, location is just opposite to the station. The free breakfast is delicious.

Great place! Very cozy, modern and the staff are friendly! One of the best hostel I've ever stayed!

Clean, bright and beautifully decorated. There's plenty of food just below the hostel. Easily accessible from taipei main station exit Y7. The only drawback for me was that I was unable to use the shower or common room facilities after I checked out. I wouldn't have mind paying as the weather was warm and my flight was late. Didn't like the idea of boarding the plane smelly and sticky.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4