Star Hostel Reviews

Via Varesina 63, Milan, Italy

This place was really good to us! Our train didn't get in until 1 am and the receptionist was very gracious about letting us in and showing us around even at so late. The location wasn't ideal, but it was right by the bus stop which was convenient. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 28th May 2014

The baths were filthy. The staff was a bit rude. The location was not that bad and had a great view but to be honest, I did not like Milan very much.

Good hostel. It's clean and the staff is helpfull. It's not near to center city but it's easy to go and have everything that you could need around. Just pay attention that the linen is not included and costs five euros/day.

My flight was delayed and I arrived very late. However, the owner fixed me a snack and chatted with me. He made it very easy for me to check out in the morning ( I had a very early flight to catch) and gave me clear directions to the airport. I wish I got to stay longer!

10 meters from the hostel there is a bus-stop. with this bus it''s 20 25 min to central city. Nice staff, nice owner. Clean beds. Only the kitchen and bathroom could be a bit cleaner. Nice price for a hostel.

I stayed here for over a week! I am studying in Milan and was here temporarily while looking for an apartment. I booked it because it was close to my university looked good for the rate. The place is simple, peaceful, facilities are clean and its bright, roomy and 20 mins from the Duomo. We would buy stuff from the market and could use the kitchen for food. Bob is a great guy! He really helped me with my hunt, and also offered food & drinks. His hospitality sets the place apart! Great hostel!

• 26th Oct 2013
  • India

Thanks Bob

The owner Bob is everywhere, he sneaks into the rooms, even when everyone is sleeping. He is rude and talks very fast to the backpackers without answering their questions. The conditions of this hostel are horrible, the matrasses of the beds are so bad, every morning you will wake up with pain in your back, if you slept coz the hostel has no air-condition which makes it impossible to sleep in Milan, coz it can get very very hot. The worst hostel Ive ever been to.

• 4th Sep 2013

When i first arrived at the hostel i was amazed by the cleanliness of the hostel, i haven't been in a hostel before as clean as this. Also the staff were really helpful and fun!

• 31st Aug 2013

Alright place to sleep in but there is nothing like a hostel-life. besides it is 25 min by bus to go to the city center. well when we arrived the owner asserted that he wasnt able to get my deposit because my cradit card would not work so we had to pay the full amount. when i recieved my credit card bill i noticed that it was charged. well obviously he overcharged us.. and dont forget you get charged 5 euros more each night for sheets and linen.

• 29th Aug 2013

DEAR FLORIAN IN YOUR CREDIT CARD BILL ( HOSTELWORLD CHARGING YOU THE COMMESION AND SERVICE CHARGE) NOT THE HOSTEL AND WHEN YOU CAME HERE YOU PAIED WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE HOSTEL PLUS LINEN AND SHEETS ( ALL ARE CLEAR ON THE PAGE ).

Bob, the owner was awesome and he really cares! The hostel really is out of the way to get to but has stuff to do nearby. It just sucks to get to the center of town.

Dirty washrooms, Staff rude but a good value for the money.

The Hostel was great value for money and Bob was really cool and laid back. I met some interesting people there and would go back if i was in Milano. Bob also gave us some pizza haha! Transport to the center is right outside the door, the public transport is very cheap so its perfect.

thanks for your nice comments see you again

Great place!

NO, NO and once again NO!!! The owner of the hostel puts his nose in every possible aspect of your stay there. He enters the common room continously, tells u to change the bed, tells u to change the shelf, which u had chosen to put you stuff on. It's noisy there and it feels like the fact you are there is one huge problem for him. Plus - no air-condition (in the summer it makes it impossinle to sleep). Extra far away from the centre (45 mins by bus, or almost 2 hours of walking).

Bob is the best hotel owner of the world!

• 18th Jul 2013

Is a good hostel, with nice staff and great facilities, but the thing is it's a Little far from the city center.

Good 4 thIs money i was satisfied plus in front of the building there is a bus stop from. Where you can. Take the bus near to the Dome

• 22nd Jul 2012
  • Romania

They don´t include the extra cost of 5 Euros for the linen in the price you see on Internet so when you need to pay it, it feels like a scam. Why you don´t give an overall price since the beginning =(

This hostel is not clean, and it's a little bit to far away, and for the price, the are another options, but the real problem is that is very dirty!!! sorry but they should clean the bathroom!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3