Stargate Hostel Reviews

Via Palestro 88, Rome, Italy

I'd been welcomed by a cold&distant guy at the reception... (too bad, even if next days he was smiling!). But the room...UNBELIEVABLE! I was alone in a room with 4 beds, 2 bathrooms & 3 bigs windown (room 406)!!!! AMAZING & so clean!!! Just for 24€/night ! I stayed there 4 nights! Air conditioning in the room ! the only problem was the noise from the street and 1 curtain was broken.. I think Double-glazing would be necessary...

• 16th Aug 2015

The two Indian staff are not very helpful at all. The night guy has no customer service skills at all. His attitude seems to be "Don't bother me. I want to get back to facebook."

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Austria

You get, what you pay. they really should improve the air condicioning

A very strange place to stay however a beds a bed.

• 29th May 2015
  • New Zealand

There were no towels. No soap. There was one at the reception when we left at 4am. How to know if the sheets were washed ? Not totally terrible, but could have been better easily.

The rooms we were initially assigned were in a building undergoing some remodeling. Several problems including a wet and dirty bathroom, low water pressure, street noise, and an uncomfortably hot room with windows which could only be slightly opened because of scaffolding. No fruit juice either at the morning breakfast. Once the cleaning staff is turned loose, nothing seems to get done or corrected. The next day, we were moved to other rooms in another building, and everything was fine.

• 4th May 2015