Starlet Hostel Reviews

Kücük Ayasofya Mh. Piyer Loti Cd. Tahsinbey sk., Istanbul, Turkey

I loved Starlet Hostel! The receptionist Said was so nice and so incredibly helpful. Myself and 3 of my friends had our own room which was nice and we were very warm, and we were ecstatic to hear that towels were free! The lockers in our room were great too! And great location! A little hard for the taxi drivers to find, but we managed!

• 28th Nov 2014

Starlet hostel is a very good hostel, excellent location, in the heart of sultahnamet and really close to the tram station. Aya sofia and blue mosque are within walking distance. It was clean, the bed was nice. Staff was very helpful. The breakfast was really good and the kitchen has everything you need to cook. Highly recommended!

The hostel is well located, but the problem is to find it. It's quite hidden. And they don't clean up the toilet everyday.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Chile

We were very happy with our stay and would recommend it to others. It would have been great to have been informed at arrival about the tv room so we could have watch the Madrid-Barcelona game and chilled there in the evening, we did not notice until morning. If kitchen were made available for guests to use in the evening it would also make the hostel even better for budget travelers like us. But again, we were very content and would come back!

It's very good value money and does what it says on the tin. A no frills good option

• 11th Oct 2014

I really liked staying in the Starlet Hostel. The staff was super friendly and in general it was quit and clean. The only thing: The hostel is really difficult to find. So if you have the chance look it up on a map before you go there. The description on their homepage is not very good.

• 27th Aug 2014

It was a very good hostel. I like it and I will go there again.

Great location right near most of the tourist attractions. Great price. Our room was spacious however the air conditioner didn't work and it was incredibly hot. The staff seemed pretty clueless and weren't very friendly. We asked about a shuttle service to the airport that was advertised on the front desk and they didn't have any idea what it was and didn't give us any help on getting to the airport. Breakfast was pretty basic. Got what we paid for.

The dorm I stayed in had its own bathroom which was good, and both the room and the bathroom were tidy. The location was also very good, only a few minutes walk from the blue mosque, etc. The older man Yusuf was very helpful and friendly. The two younger guys who worked there were however terrible. Poor service, they paid more attention to their phones than me when I checked in, and on Sunday, the guy who was supposed to make breakfast decided not to, and didn`t say anything.

I arrived at the hostel very early in the morning after a long travel by night bus. The staff kindly let me do check-in soon so I could take a rest in the bed. The location is good in a silent zone and convenient to go to every historical place but it's a bit hard to go there and leave there with a suitcase because it's on a long and steep slope. (it's just 10 minutes walk from the nearest tram station, though)

Staff aren't very friendly at all. Beds and showers were nice but hostel had no character and was very bland. Plenty of better hostels in Istanbul with better atmousphere

• 28th Jul 2014

The location couldn't be more convenient and worth the value. In the heart of Istanbul, yet in a typical and quite Istanbul neighborhood, this hostel definitively made the Istanbul trip the great adventure that it was. Location great, security great, cleanliness was good and the cleaning lady would come everyday. Overall great place.

위치는 술탄지역에서 10분이내로 가까워요 근데 첨에 찾기가 좀 어렵더라구요 싼가격에 간단하지만 아침도 주구요 취사도구 사용할 수도있어요

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and it was quite a contradictory experience. In the beginning, I found that the staff was very reserved, almost unpleasant, they wouldn't address a word to me but on my second day they started warming up towards me and it got better. The location is excellent though, close to all the main sights and 5 min from the tram stop. Very safe too, walked around alone at night and felt comfortable. Clean, dorms spacious and comfy, breaky is average, no key for rooms

This was my second visit to Starlet, and I was reminded of the good things that made me choose that hostel again. Starlet makes feel at home!