Starlet Hostel Reviews

Kücük Ayasofya Mh. Piyer Loti Cd. Tahsinbey sk., Istanbul, Turkey

It is the best place I have ever stayed in Istanbul. Clean, large and enlightened room. That was all I wanted and I got more. I had my own private shover in my room which is a big plus for me. Except this, the hostel is new, beds are great and comfortable. Hostel is also so close to main sight seing place and the otger places like post office, supermarket and tram station.The guys on thr desk, they are very helpful and friendly.They can plan your daily route. Stay in here, save money and time;)

• 29th Mar 2014

Considering value for money, this hostel was excellent! It is situated very close to the main sites and to the tram, still, it's not a very touristy area. You can lock your cupboard in your room and even though the locks sure could have been broken, there is always someone down at the reception who would see anybody not staying there come in. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were rather clean and there was enough space; both heating and hot water worked perfectly fine. I'd come again!

There is no hot water in the showers in the evening, so you have to go all the way down and ask the staff to turn it on! Bathroom is full of fungi on the wall, and humidity is 150%. Staff is helpful. Overall, you get what you pay.

Don't waste your precious time. Stay here :)

• 27th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Really nice place, enjoyed the free breakfast and the place was clean. The large lockers are a huge plus. It's nice getting to place you whole bag/ everything you have in a locker when you leave. Then you don't have to worry about it.

Great location,friendly staff,and reasonable price. Short 5 minute walk to tram.Walking distance to many of Istanbul sites. Would stay here again.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel. Showers /bathroom did not dry well so we're a bit wet and thus dirty but nothing extreme. Only problem I had was finding the place the first time since it is not in a well known street but locals were really helpfull

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

An excellent decision to book 2 nights here when my group were in Istanbul. The dorm is great, surprise to see a very nice looking bed and a clean toilet, plus it's even being cleaned every morning

The hostel was amazing with very good facilities. It was very close to most of the touristic areas in Istanbul, and the tramway stop is 2 minutes away on foot

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Lebanon

Really nice place, just at the edge of the main attractions and on the tram line. Staff is friendly and the place is very clean. Good spot to stay.

• 27th Dec 2013

Very cheap hostel, reasonably well located, with kind and educated staff but extremely boring, there is absolutely nothing to do there, it is just a cheap and clean place to sleep

I really liked my staying in Starlet hostel. It was situated near to the main sightseeings. It was clean and the atmosphere was nice. I would like to thank the staff for the facilities that they supplied us and I recommend that hostel to everyone who wants to visit Istanbul

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Bulgaria

Thanks to them .I had a great stay in Istanbul. The hostel is nice and clean. Very close to the main areas.I had free breakfast and WIFI. It was the best thing for me. to tell the truth, I was worried about the internet issue before arriving, but ıI always had a good connection everywhere. Thanks for all. I will come back again :)

• 25th Nov 2013

Everything is good.... Free WIFI, breakfast, and the beds are so comfortable. The guys on desk were also so helpful. I definetely advise here.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Morocco

My stay at Starlet was great! There were no problems that the staff couldnt help sort out. They were truly great! The rooms are big and well located. My next stay in istanbul will be with these guyd again. Thank you team!

• 3rd Nov 2013

Still getting up to speed. There is no sign outside, and the staff has little-to-no information about tourism or transport to and from the airport. I prefer to stay in hostels that can guide you to the right places to see and such. There is absolutely no insulation, so you hear everything that happens in the building. On the plus side it was very inexpensive and a close to the main sites in the old town. I got what I paid for, and left content.

• 25th Oct 2013

Excellent location in the city centre a few metres far from Sultanahmet and Hagia Sophia. Starlet hostel is a new hostel with new furniture, really comfortable beds and staff was really kind and helpful. But I had a problem to find hostel and I am a student of geography - maps are my hobby :)).