Starlet Hostel Reviews

Kücük Ayasofya Mh. Piyer Loti Cd. Tahsinbey sk., Istanbul, Turkey

I really liked staying in the Starlet Hostel. The staff was super friendly and in general it was quit and clean. The only thing: The hostel is really difficult to find. So if you have the chance look it up on a map before you go there. The description on their homepage is not very good.

• 27th Aug 2014

It was a very good hostel. I like it and I will go there again.

Great location right near most of the tourist attractions. Great price. Our room was spacious however the air conditioner didn't work and it was incredibly hot. The staff seemed pretty clueless and weren't very friendly. We asked about a shuttle service to the airport that was advertised on the front desk and they didn't have any idea what it was and didn't give us any help on getting to the airport. Breakfast was pretty basic. Got what we paid for.

The dorm I stayed in had its own bathroom which was good, and both the room and the bathroom were tidy. The location was also very good, only a few minutes walk from the blue mosque, etc. The older man Yusuf was very helpful and friendly. The two younger guys who worked there were however terrible. Poor service, they paid more attention to their phones than me when I checked in, and on Sunday, the guy who was supposed to make breakfast decided not to, and didn`t say anything.

I arrived at the hostel very early in the morning after a long travel by night bus. The staff kindly let me do check-in soon so I could take a rest in the bed. The location is good in a silent zone and convenient to go to every historical place but it's a bit hard to go there and leave there with a suitcase because it's on a long and steep slope. (it's just 10 minutes walk from the nearest tram station, though)

Staff aren't very friendly at all. Beds and showers were nice but hostel had no character and was very bland. Plenty of better hostels in Istanbul with better atmousphere

• 28th Jul 2014

The location couldn't be more convenient and worth the value. In the heart of Istanbul, yet in a typical and quite Istanbul neighborhood, this hostel definitively made the Istanbul trip the great adventure that it was. Location great, security great, cleanliness was good and the cleaning lady would come everyday. Overall great place.

위치는 술탄지역에서 10분이내로 가까워요 근데 첨에 찾기가 좀 어렵더라구요 싼가격에 간단하지만 아침도 주구요 취사도구 사용할 수도있어요

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and it was quite a contradictory experience. In the beginning, I found that the staff was very reserved, almost unpleasant, they wouldn't address a word to me but on my second day they started warming up towards me and it got better. The location is excellent though, close to all the main sights and 5 min from the tram stop. Very safe too, walked around alone at night and felt comfortable. Clean, dorms spacious and comfy, breaky is average, no key for rooms

This was my second visit to Starlet, and I was reminded of the good things that made me choose that hostel again. Starlet makes feel at home!

Really enjoyed our stay here. It's a new hostel so think when it's more established it will be better. Good location - minutes from main sites. There is no roof top terrace, so this shouldn't be in the description! Nice facilities and beds were good. We checked in early and were given our room with no problem.

• 3rd Jun 2014

A new hostel with large rooms. They have lockers and mini fridges in the rooms. And these all are free. guys on the desk were very helpful. They have also a common room with comfy sofas :)

• 10th May 2014

The service level is very high. I am greatful to all receptionists who were taking care of us. Every single request was done immediately. Thank you! If I happen to go to Istanbul once again, I'd definitely try to find a place at your hostel :)

It was a pleasure to have you here and it will be our honor to have you here again

Nice location. Very kind staff.

There should be hooks in the washrooms to hang clothes and towels etc. Wifi signals were enough on 3rd floor to do anything

My stay was nice. The room ı stayed in was spacious and had a private bathroom. It was also very clean. At first, it may seem little bit confusing to find it, its not, actually its easy to find it. all I needed to just follow the main way taking me to tram station. that was all. The hostel is also close to the main areas. Its really close to blue mosque and st. sofia, as well as post office, super markets and restaurants. I definetely sugggest this hostel

It is the best place I have ever stayed in Istanbul. Clean, large and enlightened room. That was all I wanted and I got more. I had my own private shover in my room which is a big plus for me. Except this, the hostel is new, beds are great and comfortable. Hostel is also so close to main sight seing place and the otger places like post office, supermarket and tram station.The guys on thr desk, they are very helpful and friendly.They can plan your daily route. Stay in here, save money and time;)

• 29th Mar 2014