Stars 5 Reviews

Tomas Gros 3, 5izq, San Sebastian, Basque Country, Spain

Personally I liked this hostel a lot because of the location. It is very close to the beach. I walked from the hostel to the beach in less than 5 minutes without shoes just in my wetsuite with my surfboard. In the hostel there is a kitchen. Free olive oil to cook with. 3 bathrooms so getting in the shower or on the toilet is not problem. Tato, the staff member was very helpful and always looked out to make sure everything was ok. Check it out!

Good location close to the surfing beach. Cosy atmosphere like in a flatshare, good place to meet people. The common areas were clean and taken care for, but our room hasn't been cleaned in 5 days I stayed there. At least the bin has been emptied on the day 4. The owner is nice, but has his strange sides too.:-) Overall - good place

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • Ukraine

Loved loved loved! It's like your own house, great vibe, everyone was friendly, The owner is amazing and it's a great location!

Chilled friendly atmosphere great staff and location !

Great location, really friendly staff. Wifi was pretty slow and the room was cramped, though. A bit hard to find as it's unmarked and on the 5th floor of an apartment building, but if you have the building number, you should have no trouble.

more of a house then a hostel, full of surfers just chilling out and partying. If this isn´t what you are looking for in san sebastian i wouldnt advise this place. The showers are always hot, breakfast is not included, wifi is patchy, good kitchen, full laundry service is available for 5 euro (if you can catch someone to do it). staff are great give you advice on where to eat7surf7party. i didn´t think it was worth what we paid a night for the private room, but good enough for a hostel

Friendly staff, great location!!

Staff where amazing, so helpful and keen on making sure you had a good time in sanseb! Felt like home as soon as I walked through the door! Great for meeting people and to chill back have a good time and get to really know the basque culture!! Stayed dos weeks and loved every moment of it! Will defiantly be back again:))

• 29th Aug 2013

Great location. Well-equipped kitchen. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice atmosphere. Prices reasonable for San Sebastian.

My second time staying at stars 5 and cannot recommend it more. the hostel has a very relaxed atmosphere with very friendly and helpful staff. the size is prefect, not too big that you're just a number but still big enough to meet heaps of new people. more like staying with friends than at a hostel. prefect way to get a real san seb experience.

Great location, friendly staff. Good as I was travelling alone, made some great friends during my stay. Staff told us all about activities and things going on during semana grande (festival).. Enough bathrooms and clean enough, good kitchen. And mini common room to sit and talk to others. All hostels here in san seb very expensive.

Flat very sad, all are old for the price payed.

Staff were hopeless

This place can be hard to find but is worth it when you get there. I stayed in the single room which was expensive for what it was but the double rooms and dorms were bigger and well lit from big open windows. The laid back atmosphere and staff made it worth while. Limited hot water but other facilities are great. Had a great bunch of travellers staying there at the time which also made the experience even better.

Great hostel! Can easily walk everywhere from it (beach, old town etc.) It has a chill vibe and the owner is extremely helpful with giving advice for stuff to do in town, directions etc. We loved the hostel and San Sebastián so ended up booking an extra night!

• 26th Jul 2013

A really cosy, friendly atmosphere and was great to have a fully equiped kitchen to cook in. The bathrooms were always clean, and the staff were really friendly and helpful giving us tips about San Sebastian and organising surf lessons. Love San Seb and would definatly stay at this hostel again.

• 24th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

After staying in some really bad hostels in San Sebastián this hostel seemed a whole lot better. It had a hostel vibe which the others did not. The kitchen was clean, there are numerous bathrooms and the people that were staying there were extremely friendly.

Great location and a familiar cozy hostel on the beach,very gOOd.

• 20th Jul 2013

We stayed for two nights in a private room with a double bed. Having paid 68 euros/night we expected much more from this hostel. The staff was very disorganised and we had a trouble of finding them when we needed them. I.e. the reception was supposed to open at 9am, but no one was there at 10am on Sunday morning, when we wanted to leave and get our deposit. On Satuday night the other guest were very loud and it appeared that there were no rules about silence. The hostel was pretty clean though.

Friendly laid back feel to the hostel. An everyone welcome atmosphere. The place was always being kept clean and I have not a bad thing to say about the Stars 5 Hostel. I was looking for a relaxing short break away and that's exactly what I got. Many thanks.

• 10th Jul 2013