Station Hostel for Backpackers Reviews

Marzellenstr 44-56, Cologne, Germany

Great stay, very friendly staff. House is not too well soundproofed, but its location is excellent, too. Nice bar with happy hour.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Room next door was so loud throughout Saturday night. Slamming doors and shouting down corridor. Staff are very pleasant. In a good location. Breakfast isn't great but it's only €3. Check out is 12pm which is fab. No wifi in bedrooms.

Great location. WiFi only in public area.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

The staff was very kind and friendly!! The location could not be better! The problem was only the cleanliness... The bathrooms are used from a whole flor and they are not really clean.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Greece

Bathrooms smelt kinda dirty - didn't mind as much cus they were clean. Not a lot of atmosphere in the common room but the bar next door is great for meeting people and the food is amazing and cheap! Great location right next to the station and a short walk into town - would stay here again. Just wish that wifi worked in rooms and even worked properly in the common room, the wifi in the bar next door was way better.

The bath and toilets don't seem to be cleaned daily. As the walls are very thin, sleeping was hard once music was played in the neighbouring rooms even after 10:00PM At least some of the room doors close very very loud (I could hear every door in the hall to the end of my room, especiall at night - I began to think it was a contest of who smashed their door louder.) Mine on the other Hand didn't even close itself but was dampened so much it stood with a small gap Open until I pushed it into lock

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Hostel is close to everything! I think they are rebuilding or something because it was a bit weird when I was there but besides that it is a good hostel. Only unfortunate thing is that there is no wifi in the rooms... Only in the lounge area. There are lockers which you can use and locks to hire but you can use your own as well.

Perfect location in cologne and good facilities. wifi is only good in the lobby though.

The location was awesome, really close to the Dom and the hbf. I thought my room was clean and aside from being able to hear everyone else and doors slamming often, I really enjoyed my stay and would probably stay there again.

If you need to leave your luggage, you need to go to a hostel near North Station. However, you can only check in at 3p.m. After 3 p.m., go there again to check in and get your luggage. Then, you need to walk back to the central! That's the real hostel you would stay! It's very inconvenient! By the way, the beds besides the window will be noised by the sound from outdoors!

• 23rd Jul 2015

I think that the indoor climate was very poor. It was humid. And there were no aircondition. We also had to make the beds, and put it the laundry ourself. So... No service at all - put then again - it was indeed a hostel. There were many young people, so if you don't want noise, then don't stay here. Apart from that, the location was very good for the purpose: get of train late at night, sleep at the hostel and then get on the train early next day.

It's located near the central station so that we could go everywhere on foot. The stuff was really friendly and it's great that you can store your luggage after the check out. The room was quiet big for a five bed room and although it's near the train station you don't hear any loud train noises. The only thing that was quiet annoying was the bad and hot air in the hallway caused by the lack of windows.But that's just a small detail. The value for money is great and I would recommend this hostel

• 21st Jul 2015

Really noisy, smelly, basic facilities, no atmosphere at all.

• 20th Jul 2015

The hallway had a smell but the rest of the place was clean and our 3-bed private was great! Perfect

This hostel was actually in the best location so close to the main station. The first night I had a problem with my room but the staff were very helpful and the next night I was in a different room. It's not much of a backpackers hostel as there are so many people a lot older and who seem to live there so the atmosphere could be a bit better. It sucks that wifi doesn't work in the rooms and the common room is a little small for the amount of people needing wifi and staying in the hostel.

The location can't be better!!!

The best part about this hostel is its location.. very close to the train station and easy to get to all the main attractions. It is located across the street from the Hilton and I found the street to be lively and active - felt safe walking to and from the hostel. I stayed in a private room with ensuite, and I thought it was great value for what I paid - clean, comfortable, and secure. However, when walking to my room through the hostel hallways, I noted that it was not the cleanest, though.

Overall a good place to stay, kitchen could have been bigger though.

• 17th Jul 2015

Very nice and friendly stuff and proper rooms

We only stayed here for one night but would happily stay longer. The rooms were clean, secure and very pleasant. The location was good as it was right around the corner from the main train station. The hostel is attached to a restaurant that is nice and pretty cheap. There is a lounge where lots of people go to use the wifi and I'm sure if we stayed longer there would have been more atmosphere. I would recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5