Station Hostel for Backpackers Reviews

Marzellenstr 44-56, Cologne, Germany

If you need to leave your luggage, you need to go to a hostel near North Station. However, you can only check in at 3p.m. After 3 p.m., go there again to check in and get your luggage. Then, you need to walk back to the central! That's the real hostel you would stay! It's very inconvenient! By the way, the beds besides the window will be noised by the sound from outdoors!

• 23rd Jul 2015

It's located near the central station so that we could go everywhere on foot. The stuff was really friendly and it's great that you can store your luggage after the check out. The room was quiet big for a five bed room and although it's near the train station you don't hear any loud train noises. The only thing that was quiet annoying was the bad and hot air in the hallway caused by the lack of windows.But that's just a small detail. The value for money is great and I would recommend this hostel

• 21st Jul 2015

Really noisy, smelly, basic facilities, no atmosphere at all.

• 20th Jul 2015

The hallway had a smell but the rest of the place was clean and our 3-bed private was great! Perfect

• 18th Jul 2015

This hostel was actually in the best location so close to the main station. The first night I had a problem with my room but the staff were very helpful and the next night I was in a different room. It's not much of a backpackers hostel as there are so many people a lot older and who seem to live there so the atmosphere could be a bit better. It sucks that wifi doesn't work in the rooms and the common room is a little small for the amount of people needing wifi and staying in the hostel.

The location can't be better!!!

The best part about this hostel is its location.. very close to the train station and easy to get to all the main attractions. It is located across the street from the Hilton and I found the street to be lively and active - felt safe walking to and from the hostel. I stayed in a private room with ensuite, and I thought it was great value for what I paid - clean, comfortable, and secure. However, when walking to my room through the hostel hallways, I noted that it was not the cleanest, though.

• 18th Jul 2015

Overall a good place to stay, kitchen could have been bigger though.

• 17th Jul 2015

Very nice and friendly stuff and proper rooms

We only stayed here for one night but would happily stay longer. The rooms were clean, secure and very pleasant. The location was good as it was right around the corner from the main train station. The hostel is attached to a restaurant that is nice and pretty cheap. There is a lounge where lots of people go to use the wifi and I'm sure if we stayed longer there would have been more atmosphere. I would recommend this hostel.

We are very satisfy with our staying in this hostel. The location could not have been better. The staff was very friendly. Our room and beds were very clean. Highly recommended.

I've been here for the second time in past year and I've liked it even more than the first time. It is cheap, beds are big, showers are clean and Kolner dom with hbf is just behind the corner. Perfect!

Staff were very helpful. They informed us of events which were going on in the evening. The bar next door had a good atmosphere. The hostel was clean, the beds were comfy and they have lockers to put your stuff in, you could hire a lock if you didn't bring your own. Only problem was that the wifi only worked in the common room which wasn't very big, so when busy it was hard to find a seat. Good location, not far from train station.

We stayed 4 nights and did not get even once new towells and our room was not cleaned at all! The hostel in general and the room in particular smelled bad: like plumbery and cigarret smoke even thought smoking was forbidden.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Colombia
  • Couple, 41+

Absolutely super location right beside the cathedral and only 5 minute walk from the main shopping street. It is quite far from he main clubbing area but a €2 taxi will get you there. The atmosphere was great and made some good friends. We didn't have a shower in our room but this really didn't matter as the communal showers were as good as my shower at home if not better!! There is a bar right next door which is quite nice and very reasonable. Station #hostel is your perfect base for exploring

• 7th Jul 2015

the hostel was okey but we wouldn't have stayed longer than one night. There were no separated showers for women and men and they were not clean.

Good hostel, nothing to say, stay there again fore sure. They are friendly and the hostel was very organized and clean. Seens a hotel.

Location is amazing, if you fly in to Cologne Bonn airport, just get on the train to the Cathedral (city centre), which won't take long! And the hostels like five mins walk from there. Staff were helpful and upgraded our room on arrival for a little bit more euro (so was like a hotel then, three people in one room). Room was clean, showers were good and bed comfy enough. The hostel also has a bar next door which is always lively, with nice staff and good atmosphere.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Wales

This hostel is a hot spot and, if you are looking to meet peApple, it is a great place to stay. It could have been cleaner. My entire stay, there was no soap in the women's bathroom on my floor.

• 30th Jun 2015

I was literally at the hostel for about 8hrs while traveling... So I didn't spend too much time in the hostel at all. But the stuff at reception were fantastic and could answer all of my questions. The dorm was nice and spacious. The only down side was that the dorm window faces out to the street, which is quite loud. Definitely not the hostels fault, but if you are stay there and use the front area to smoke, be considerate for the people trying to sleep and keep the noise down ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5