Station Hostel for Backpackers Reviews

Marzellenstr 44-56, Cologne, Germany

The location of the hostel is perfect, it is near to Cologne main station. However, it is always noise at night due to many impolite travelers here. The staffs of the hostel need to supervise for quiet monition at night. It is really noise at night because many people drank beer, talked extremely loud at the lounge.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Kitchen makes cooking easy; hostel is five minutes walk from station and barely that to the great cathedral at the heart of town. Near grocery stores and cafes. Breakfast not included, but staff are friendly and helpful. Lockers are in the halls rather than in rooms but I felt secure with my bag locked shut under my bed. Beds comfy/huge pillows.

Great kitchen, and bar, good place to meet people. Large rooms, which were clean but the bathrooms could have been better but were really not that bad. Perfect location to explore from. Lockers were not in the rooms, rather in the corridor but were safe and secure.

This place is everything that a hostel should be. The kitchen is fully stocked, there is a great lounge area, as well as a bar downstairs open 24 hrs. Locks require down payment only, so you can take advantage of the storage lockers. There are plenty of shower rooms and bathrooms with plenty of room so your stuff doesn't get all wet. The staff is extremely helpful and laid back and perhaps most importantly, the location is >5 min walk to the cathedral and a great discount grocery store.

Thanks for your review...we are glad we were able to fulfill all your requirements.

The community kitchen in the hostel was great. It allowed us to cook dinner ourselves which saved a ton of money over the weekend. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the beds were comfy and clean. Though I did not use them, there were plenty of lockers available to use.

Thank you for your review...glad that you were able to save some money by using our facilities to the full.

we had a fairly pleasant stay.. the location was the highlight for me..

• 31st Jul 2014
  • India

My only criticism is that the hall/sitting area as you come in is very cramped. I don't know if it could be expanded but it became very packed especially in the morning. The location of the hostel is wonderful and makes a short stay in Koln very enjoyable.

Thank you for your review....we have a Lounge and Kitchen area directly above the Cafe area..with space for up to 90 people..maybe you missed this.We will be expanding in the new year too.

Really close to the train station. Staff is super helpful. Nice big kitchen.wifi works really well in lobby.

You are less than 2 blocks from the main train/bus station AND the Cathedral. The dorms are not bunk beds and the staff was nice. Plus they offer a free (with tip) walking tour at 6pm every night which I couldn't find anywhere else in Cologne. I would recommend this place!

Wifi didn't work upstairs, and didn't let me send emails from my iphone anywhere. Otherwise a lovely stay.

Please make WiFi work in the rooms

location is good but very noisy due to trains noise and we could not close the window b/c it's very hot in summer. suggested to hv separated male/female room. WC and kitchen are not clean enough but still acceptable.

The location is perfect. It could be cleaner, mainly the toilets. However, the stay was really nice and the staff was very helpful.

Full. Of. Dust.

Toilet did not flush. Showers did not drain. Walked into my room to find the staff going through my bag. Not impressed

• 12th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

We are sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as it should have been. Two points,you informed us of the blocked toilet,which we fixed immediately (these things happen in Hostels) . The staff member was not as you suggest "going through your stuff" but trying to identify the name tag on your pack,as we had a mix up in the bed numbers caused by guests not taking the assigned bed.

Great location, especially for the price. The bar area was good, especially that you could stay there all night. Cleanliness was pretty good too. I would definitely stay again.

hi, thanks for your review. we are glad you liked it here. come back whenever you want. greetings

Location is good. But Wi-fi system is frequently disconnected. Other things are good!

This is a very nice hostel to stay in. The rooms were lovely and I had a great time with my room mates ! I hadn't had many exchanges with the staff, but all of them seemed friendly and ready to help. Would recommend this hostel to anyone who would like to meet travelers and find a nice place to stay in Cologne.

• 9th Jul 2014

Close to the train station and the major sights, this hostel is well situated for all your needs. The friendly staff make it an enjoyable experience

It's been a very nice stay!! It's far from the city center, but that"s good because you very nice bike trips just there!!! The landscape is amazing!!! The sttaff was really nice :)

Hello...hmn..we are guessing that you mixed us up with another Hostel...as we are directly in the City centre,and unfortunately the landscape is not as amazing as we would wish.We hope you enjoyed your stay with us anyway.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4