Station Hostel for Backpackers Reviews

Marzellenstr 44-56, Cologne, Germany

Location is ideal. 150m from the train station and the infamous Dom. They have a terrific bar and restaurant next door. Great place to meet people & eat/drink inexpensively. Staff was very helpful anytime I needed assistance of recommendations.

I stayed for a couple of days at this hostel, and i am satisfated. The location was really good and the stuff off the hostel very helpful! The bathrooms were clean and the dorms as well! I think it is a good choice if you want to be close to the central station. You save a lot of time! A drowback is the short range of wifi.

Location is great. I was in a 4-bed dorm and I was happily surprised (due to reviews I'd read) that it was clean. I did, however, see a mouse or rat in the hallway between the lobby and kitchen. It was a little annoying that WiFi was only available in the lobby, but it was spacious enough and I didn't have any problems. There are two computers available to use in the lobby. Might be useful. They are a bit slow, but they're there.

• 16th Jan 2016

We booked a double room ensure, it was small and dark, nothing special. Room or ensure not the same as the picture here! The corridors leading to the rooms are dark, narrow and unpleasant, there was also a bad smell on our floor. Constant noise throughout the night coming from another room kept us awake. No wifi in the rooms, only downstairs in reception. The staff were nice and the location is central although we did not feel comfortable staying near the train station due to recent attacks.

• 5th Jan 2016

Unfortunately I stayed only one day in Cologne, but during this day I felt so good for being in the hostel. I don't know when, but I'll come back to Cologne one day and I am pretty sure that I know where I'm going to stay.

We saw a mooooouuuuuusssseee

The hostel is OK overall. Wifi only by the reception (as stated in the site). When we got there, Wifi wasn't working for both of us. The staff said it could be too many people (I've counted only 6)... and the staff member didn't look in the mood to help us. Our room was OK also. The shower head was a little dirty, I had to clean it with something pointy, otherwise the water flow was really bad and uneven. Noise was acceptable for a hostel behind a train station (good sound isolation).

WORST HOSTEL EVER, IT HAD RATS. It smelled horrible everywhere, bedrooms bathrooms, kitchen. There were rats in the kitchen and when I told the guy in the front desk he laughed. The rubish was overflowing for two days, and well... It had rats.

Before you make such comments you should first find out the difference between a rat and a mouse! We can say with 100% certainty that we do not have Rats. That occasionally a mouse turns up,is due to guests who obviously do not know what it means to clean up after themselves...as in your case ....Our staff react immediately to serious complaints,in this case there was absolutely no justification to make such slanderous accusations.

Wifi should not only reach the reception.

• 26th Dec 2015

The kitchen has complete equipment but quite dirty. need more control from the staff. room were nice and clean

I was totally uncomfortable in this hostel. The rooms looked dirty and lacking some maintenance. The beds were not so bad. The showers and toilets were hard to deal with, bad enough to be uncomfortable. The internet is only available in the lobby/reception, so no internet in the rooms. And the reception was always crowded because of this and it was small. The kitchen was really small and dirty. I couldn't cook anything there. More than one night in this hostel is not recommended

This is the only hostel I've been to in Germany where WiFi is only provided in the common area. Probably the only gripe I have with the hostel, which was an amazing stay othotherwise.

It was nice place to spend a night in, staff were very helpful with a nice treatment

I thnk there was some some bug on my bed. After statying there for a day, it is so itchy. No wifi in the room.

• 21st Dec 2015
  • South Korea

The toilet are little bite strange at front of the toilet you got an another men toilet on your face. The staff are friendly.

Great location. Lockers outside room.

Wonderful stay!

I really would like to give a good review to this hostel, because the staff was so nice. And the location is also good. But that's pretty much it. My biggest problem, out of doubt, was the mold in the room. Seriously, I had such a bad allergic crisis I am still feeling sick 2 days after leaving the place. The room had a terrible smell, like mold, chemical products and used toillet altogether. Totally overpriced if you consider that. There's also no atmosphere at all.Not to mention the wifi issue

guys at reception all nice,except or one,that should be forbidden to work at customer service!!!!!!he refused to help a guy who locked himself out of the room!?!?!?!?

• 8th Dec 2015

Rooms are nice and big, with lots of space, but the bathroom was dirty and smelly, and the kitchen was far too small, and was in desperate need of a clean. Atmosphere here is dead, but most of the people I met staying there weren't travellers, but people trying to find permanent accommodation in the city. Don't stay here if you want to meet people. Some staff members were really friendly and helpful, but some others, not so much.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6