Station Hostel for Backpackers Reviews

Marzellenstr 44-56, Cologne, Germany

Great location! Excellent staff!

First of all location is spot on, right in the city centre and easy to find. Once there the staff were very helpful and informative. The facilities were very good as we could cook our own stuff so saved money. The showers and beds were clean however was an odd smell on our corridor. Overall very good and would stay here again!

Nice staff, good atmosphere, central location, big rooms. Terrible smell from bathroom, tired look to hostel.

The location of this hostel is great! It's right next to the Dom and a train station. The mattress was too thin and I was unable to get comfortable. The bathrooms on my floor smelled of urine and looked unclean.

Lobby was cramped and awkward. There were always a bunch of people in their ~40s just hanging out there (they seemed to live at the hostel?), and everyone else was quietly looking at their phones as the WiFi didn't work elsewhere. I wish hostels realized that limiting WiFi to the lounge kills the social atmosphere.

Hadn't been backpacking for a while this was a good reintroduction.

Hostel is 5 min from train station. The luggage lockers are outside your room, you will need a 5mm padlock of your own. Room was clean. Bathroom and shower are shared with other rooms, seemed to be free when required by myself. There is a hostel bar located a few doors from the reception door. The wifi only works at the reception, limited seating available there. You can also store you luggage before or after checkout.

This place has a terrible smell, do not stay there.

Good location, good service from staff.

I have never felt more unsafe in a hostel than this one. A 50 year old homeless looking man came into my room at 1am to sleep. I did not feel comfortable as a 21 year old female with no one else in the dorm at the time. In the morning, as I was about to depart, I discovered that someone had stolen my key, broken into my locker and stolen my laptop and wallet. The staff claimed that they have CCTV but that it was 'broken at the time'. Very suspicious. The staff were rude and unhelpful.

The staff, the location and security were all great. Though it was busy it wasn't a too great a place to relax a bit and chat. The hostel's restaurant further along was better for socialising. The down side was having to do your washing yourself and the machine didn't work. But after a little help from the staff it was fine. The room was great too. I was fortunate to meet 2 UK football fans there and had I not bumped into them I would've not gone to watch Viktoria Koln so that was a bonus!

Best thing about the hostel was the location, hardly 5 minutes from the station. The rooms were very hot which was understandable in the hot weather, however the fire alarm going off for 2 hours in the middle of the night. The bathrooms were newly refurbished but shared with the whole floor. Overall my stay was okay but was disappointed that we were pretty much the only people in the bar most evenings, which made it harder to meet people.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The bathrooms were very dirty and smelled for our entire stay. There were only 2 showers for our entire floor. We wanted to use the kitchen but it was not very clean. No events while we were there to acquaint ourselves with other travellers.

Perfect location! Just around the corner from the main sights and station. Not the best bathrooms and wifi only In the commons. But location made it all worth it

Only stayed here for one night as was passing through, but from what I saw of this place I liked it and would definitely go back if I were going to stay in Cologne. Staff seemed chill, the rooms were really cosy and great to sleep in, and the reception/bar area looked like a cool place. Plus it's just around the corner from the Cathedral and is pretty cheap. Also on a bit of a side note, the WiFi password was pretty ace.

We had a great time at Station hostel. Fantastic location, lovely staff and a great atmosphere. The bathrooms were spotless and the showers were awesome! The room we stayed in was massive , we had loads of space and no bunk beds. Probably the only downfall was that the kitchen was quite small, however it was well managed. Also there were only lockers down the hall, none in the rooms but that wasn't a major concern for us.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Overall a good stay. No wifi in rooms only in lobby. Toilets and showers always smelt damp, due to a substandard ventilation system

Great stay, very friendly staff. House is not too well soundproofed, but its location is excellent, too. Nice bar with happy hour.

• 2nd Aug 2015

As the name already says - this hostel is ideal for backpackers. Its very close to the main railwaystation (aprox. 2 minutes walk) and therefore very close to all main attractions of Cologne. The Staff was friendly and rooms and washing facilities were very tidy.

Room next door was so loud throughout Saturday night. Slamming doors and shouting down corridor. Staff are very pleasant. In a good location. Breakfast isn't great but it's only €3. Check out is 12pm which is fab. No wifi in bedrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6