7.9
Very Good 2,828 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 2,828 Total Reviews
Station Hostel for Backpackers Located at Marzellenstr 44-56, , Cologne.
Germany
Cologne NRW 50668 Marzellenstr 44-56
79% 2828
50.9430093 6.9561481
    Rooms available

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
17th Jan 2017
7.1

Great location, close to the cathedral and central station, automatic responses from staff but they are friendly on their way. There is a nice bar/restaurant at the level of the reception, the rooms levels look like a factory, and the wifi doesnt work in the room while i was there. There is a main luggage room and wardrobe cabinets everywhere, but no locker inside the room. Expensive for what they offer in my opinion.

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
17th Jan 2017
7.4

The internet connection was a important aspect for me in this trip, and when I choose the hostel was important to see that they have internet. But, the internet doesn't work at all. In the rooms is impossible to connect and at the reception I even tried there computer and the internet was not working. After after 23h I managed to use that. When I asked about, they say that as they have many people using it may not work. If you say you have internet, it must be available for everyone you host.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Jan 2017
6.0

The only good thing I can say about this place is the location. Staff were pretty short with everyone and it felt like the guests were an inconvenience to them. Definitely not worth the money per night.

4.6

Worst hostel ever, and not to mention the fleas that I catch with your sheets, or your not hot waterawful in winter, or the none athmosphere of hostel. I'm talking about your staff, particulary of a black guy with curly hair. Who whe I ordered something in the bar (after ten minutes waiting) he first opened a coke for him, no gave to some clients the wifi (he just pointed the sign which was not clear), etc. and of course always a bad attitude. Dude, people like you should not work in a hostel.

1st Jan 2017

Wifi was weak in most of the hostel but this hostel was great for the 2 nights we stayed there

7.4

I ended up in a 6 bedroom female dorm all by myself, which was actually really nice because I wanted to catch up on sleep. There is a bar, but it's geared more toward locals, I think, and it's not really a hostel lounge area for people to mingle and hang out. It sucks that there was no kitchen. The bathrooms were pretty dirty. The bedroom was really clean, though, and it had it's own sink which was pretty nice. No place inside the room to lock up stuff which I thought was weird. Staff was fine.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your extensive review. It helps us to improve our services. First of all: I’m happy you slept well and altogether seemingly enjoyed your stay! I’m sorry that our Bar didn’t appeal to you. Indeed, it is open for everybody. We created a menu which includes dishes with very moderate prices for example the ‘Backpacker Meal Deal’ for 3,90 EUR and dishes with medium low prices. We always serve high quality food and offer fair deals. Because we had some messy experience with our guest kitchen in the past, we decided to close it. For those who like to bring their own food, our bar staff can help to reheat it in the microwave or supply hot water. I’m sorry that we seemingly couldn’t provide a satisfying standard of cleanness in our bathrooms during your stay. I will take this serious and try to find ways to improve our cleaning service, so that wecan guarantee a high standard of cleanness all the time. There are lockers on each floor which are camera watched. That is the only way we can guarantee, that everything locked in there is insured in case of damage. You can borrow a padlock for 5 EUR deposit at the reception, which I open 24/7. I´m sorry that this sometimes seems a bit inconvenient. Anyway I hope, we can welcome you again in the future! Best regards Your Station Hostel

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2016
8.0

Very good hostel. Five minutes from Hauptbahnhof, friendly staff, great WIFI, modern bathrooms. Cleaners kept things tidy every day. There's a nice Cafe/restaurant behind reception.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016

The staff is really helpful! The bar in the hostel is nice too. Rooms are spacious and there are free lockers and locks to borrow. It's really close to station!

26th Dec 2016
7.4

This was definitely the "hostel experience." Loud neighbors coming back at all hours of the night. We had our own private room and bathroom, but the walls were pretty thin and a gap under the door. We could hear everyone around us. We were on the floor with the "dorm style" rooms and communal bathrooms, so it was pretty noisy. Not great sleep. There was construction on the building next door and that was even louder! Jackhammers and all! Have fun!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Dec 2016
6.9

Great location, bad wifi connection