Station Hostel for Backpackers Reviews

Marzellenstr 44-56, Cologne, Germany

The location is perfect. It could be cleaner, mainly the toilets. However, the stay was really nice and the staff was very helpful.

Toilet did not flush. Showers did not drain. Walked into my room to find the staff going through my bag. Not impressed

• 12th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

We are sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as it should have been. Two points,you informed us of the blocked toilet,which we fixed immediately (these things happen in Hostels) . The staff member was not as you suggest "going through your stuff" but trying to identify the name tag on your pack,as we had a mix up in the bed numbers caused by guests not taking the assigned bed.

Great location, especially for the price. The bar area was good, especially that you could stay there all night. Cleanliness was pretty good too. I would definitely stay again.

hi, thanks for your review. we are glad you liked it here. come back whenever you want. greetings

Location is good. But Wi-fi system is frequently disconnected. Other things are good!

This is a very nice hostel to stay in. The rooms were lovely and I had a great time with my room mates ! I hadn't had many exchanges with the staff, but all of them seemed friendly and ready to help. Would recommend this hostel to anyone who would like to meet travelers and find a nice place to stay in Cologne.

• 9th Jul 2014

Close to the train station and the major sights, this hostel is well situated for all your needs. The friendly staff make it an enjoyable experience

It's been a very nice stay!! It's far from the city center, but that"s good because you very nice bike trips just there!!! The landscape is amazing!!! The sttaff was really nice :)

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Hello...hmn..we are guessing that you mixed us up with another Hostel...as we are directly in the City centre,and unfortunately the landscape is not as amazing as we would wish.We hope you enjoyed your stay with us anyway.

Hyvällä paikalla päärautatieaseman vieressä keskustassa. Henkilökunta puhui ihan hyvää englantia huoneet olivat siistit ja hinta oli melko halpa vaikka olikin festari viikonloppu

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Finland

This hostel is quite a regular one. Not the best I stayed in, but not the worst either. Its location is really great once it's around the main train station, very easy to find and close to the main spots in the city. The rooms are alright and bedlinen is included. Down side: no internet in the rooms, at least there are free internet terminals on the lounge area.

I was please to stay there, it was my fist time staying at a hostel, and I am glad I chose the Station Hostel. The only thing I didn't see was information on free walk tours or other get to know the place information, but I might overlook and I didn't pay attention and information was there.

• 17th Jun 2014

Thank you for your positive rating and review,and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We offer free City Maps at Reception,with all the info you need about the city,we also offer a "Whats On " service on our Homepage that is updated daily,with info about events,concerts and partys etc.There are also Free Walking Tours from an independant company,everyday at 6Pm,starting twice a week directly fron Station Hostel.

The hostel is right next to the central train station & the cathedral, so is in a great place. The staff we met were extremely friendly and helpful. If you like a lot to eat at breakfast it will get expensive as you have to buy each individual piece of food/drink. The lockers aren't in the rooms, but in the corridors. They are watched by cctv, but that didn't really give me complete piece of mind. The bathrooms were clean but a bit stinky. The rooms are quite small and don't give much privacy.

Had a really good stay. Communal area and kitchen facilities were excellent good environment for meeting people on the evening. No bunks which was nice, mattresses a little hard and no wifi in rooms. However all of the bathrooms were very smelly, they seemed clean but the smell going into the corridors was awful, luckily it didn't go through to the bedrooms. Hopefully this will be fixed. Otherwise would recommend.

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed Cologne.We can assure you that our Bathrooms are clean,and we apologise if there was a smell coming from the drains.Its an old builing,but we are doing our best to rectify this point.

Super smelly! Super hot at night! Toilets are so dirtyyyyyyy!

You stayed with us on the hotest day of the year so far...followed by the worst thunderstorms to hit the area in the last 50 years.We can assure you that all our toilets are cleaned daily,perhaps you were just unlucky that we had some particularly smelly guests at the time...as well as others who it would be impossible to please whatever we did.

We loved this hostel - bathroom facilities are brilliant and really nice lounge and kitchen. Only downside - the beds are seriously uncomfortable. My boyfriend has really bad backpain from staying 2 nights here. But apart from that the hostel was brilliant!!

Thank you for the review.Sorry if you found the bed uncomfortable...all our Matresses are new..and perhaps a little on the hard side..we apologise for that. Glad this did not spoil your impression of us.

Great location and easy to find, helpful and friendly staff, you get breakfast and there is a bar, and they provide internet, maps and information about the city. can recommend it =)

Thanks for your overall positive review.

This hostel has a great location and my room was comfortable. I had a private room with ensuite bathroom and it was a great price. My number one complaint is the wifi, which is only accessible in the lobby and dining area, both of which seemed to always have loud techno music playing. I'd probably stay here again if I was spending a night in Cologne, but not for more than one night.

Great location! Wasn't a fan of the showers. Wi-Fi wasn't very good either. Only get it in the lobby and sometimes not at all.

Really enjoyed our stay at this place, staff were really helpful, rooms were very clean and had everything that was needed and the location was fantastic! So close to everything and it was a decent price! Would definitely recommend!

• 26th May 2014

Thank you for the 100% positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

The showers were great, but it was a very noisy hostel and there was a mouse (however, I think the staff did eventually manage to catch it).

Thank you for your review...sorry it was a little noisy...it was a very busy period. ...And we dealt with the mouse!

Decent sized kitchen, wifi in common area by kitchen. Basic and decent hostel, but is 4 minute walk from central train station and the Dom, so that's good. Koln is small-ish so not far to walk anywhere. Schedule pub crawls from independent company at least a week before arriving in Koln. Hostel should organize events for clients to get to know one another. Go on self tour of many castles along the river.

Hello..thanks for your review. We work with several companies who offer Pub crawls and free walking tours...the information can be found at Reception...like you said its best to check our website or Facebook sid ein advance .

« first « Prev 1 2 3