Station Hostel for Backpackers Reviews

Marzellenstr 44-56, Cologne, Germany

2021 Total Reviews

Toilets were very nice, but kitchen area was dark and unclean. First hostel ever stayed in and we're happy.

Lovely hostel, really friendly staff on the reception. Only stayed one night but the facilities where so good I would have happily stayed longer if I could!!! Showers where extremely nice too :)

Friendly, well positioned. Older atmosphere.

• 6th May 2015

Really central location and a good value hostel. However, my stay was slightly put off by an extremely rude and arrogant member of staff who was obviously having a bad day with most guests.

• 6th May 2015

Isn't there any age limit ? I had to stay with +40 obese man who was walking with his boxer only in the room ! I had a girlfriend there also. That was a shame! He was eating something oniony in the room where we slept! Luckily, he stayed 1 night.

Location was great, but the hostel had zero atmosphere. Beds weren't overly comfortable, though the rooms were spacious & it was nice not having bunks. The bathroom designs were a bit weird, but clean enough & the showers hot & decent. Wifi was terrible & didn't work in the rooms. With the exception of one lovely girl, the staff weren't particularly friendly. Okay for a short stay.

Staff at the reception was just doing his job. More friendliness would be appriciated. When I arrived late at the evening the full amount für the night was already charged on my credit card. Bathrooms werde very moldy. I like that they had No Hulk beds.

Beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. Beds made a creaking noise when changing directions. A foam like sheet really sticks to your body like some cheap glue, avoiding it left me with a backpain. Didnt have a decent night of sleep during my stay there. Sorry have to be truthful. On the positive side, there is a decent bar adjoining the hostel. Internet speed is fast.

great location so close to station and cathedral. drawback - no WiFi in rooms. nice bar next door made up for lack of atmosphere in hostel

No complaints, great location, nice not to sleep in bunk beds, well-aired rooms, luggage storage, clean bathrooms, average hostel kitchen. Breakfast is extra, but grocery stores aren't too terribly far. Would HIGHLY recommend the Museum Ludwig (modern art), and the Wallraf-Richartz Museum is quite good too if you're into that sort of thing (art).

There are 2 bad points: Towels were smelling bad. I think something wrong with washing system. wifi is not available at rooms. the rest is fine. Hotel location is perfect, clean. And it gives value of the money.

security isn't sufficient, kitchen and Lobby is public, everyone could enter without control. Thiefs stole twice backpacks there, and also tried to take mine, while I was there. They operate with two men: The first asking you something, while the second takes away your luggage with money, camera, documents. So pay high attention there for your things. Staff seems to be unable to make higher security standards.

Really bad service. the Staff were unfriendly. Good location but sadly the attention was very poor.

Thats a place for sleep, the breakfast is good and it is a short distance from the train station.

• 8th Apr 2015

Very near to the train station. It is also very near to most sites to see as well. The showers and bathroom overall were very clean. Luggage room was a little dirty but easy to use and access. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone.

I spent a night there because I had an early flight. Not very charming place but it did the job.

It's a good hostel, with nice atmosphere, a big dining room to stay, eat or check wi-fi, clean and confortable, with right price, and just 3 minutes walking from the main train station (Dom). I was 2 nights with 2 friends (one in a spacious shared room and another in a cool private room), and we liked it!

great hostel in the center of the city. bathrooms a bit smelly along with some hallways. staff friendly and helpful. lockers a bit best up, but under video surveillance.

Great location and nice big rooms. My room did smell a bit though and an open window didn't help. The bar next door is beautiful but in the 3 times I went there during my stay, it was empty. Great hostel for groups etc but found it difficult as a solo traveller to meet people. If i was in cologne again, I would check out other hostels.

Perfect location but not the best hostel. Best for quick overnight stays.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4