Stationmasters Hostel Reviews

Stromeferry, Ross-shire, Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland

The hostel is really out of the way so you definitely need a car if you're planning on spending some time here. However, this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It's right next to the water and the surroundings are gorgeous. Ewan was an excellent host and the whole place has such a chilled and relaxed feeling, it's like staying at home, only you're not at home and the view is much nicer!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Stationmasters Hostel is an absolutely lovely hostel in the tiny village of Stromeferry. We were 3 girls and all of us loved it there - great location at a lake, where you can relax perfectly. You should rent a car though as a car makes it much easier to get there and see the surroundings. Nice rooms, good kitchen and a common room that makes you feel at home immediately. Lovely staff, too! We met a staff member named Gordon, who was very helpful and sweet! Would definitely go again!

I am in love with this hostel! It is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at! the bathroom gives me the privacy I needed, like I'm home! The bed is so comfortable that I slept pass 9:30 for the first time of my trip. I will come back for sure.

Although I spent very little time in Your place, it made me feel like in my college years. Brought up some memories. THANK YOU. I realy want to come back there in future for longer stay. Two things which distinguish this spot from lots of others - common eating and rest area (guitar by the fire) and no TV in rooms. That was a shock for me, but eventually, turned out to be a positive one.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Fantastic place to stay. Great views, very comfortable arrangements, excellent value. Only complaint would be public transit is tricky, but bring a vehicle and you won't have the same trouble

• 24th Jul 2014

We had a very memorable stay. Ewan is very helpful and friendly and so is his wife Kate. Thanks Ewan and Kate. Stationmasters hostel will be a lifetime memory. Hope I can visit this place again. Cheers.

Great hostel, gorgeous location, spacious rooms with lots of character. Ewan was very nice and helpful. I can only recommend this hostel, whether you're alone, a group of friends or a family !

We enjoyed a lot. It is a special place, but isn't advisable for all people.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very clean and comfortable room. The staff were really nice. It was a pretty convenient location for travelling around the Isle of Skye, as long as you have a car.

Beautiful location and friendly staff. Makes you want to be a stationmaster.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Lovely hostel - enthusiastic staff and in a beautiful location (if quite far from civilisation). We had a fab stay here and breakfast is included. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and exactly what you need.

One word - AMAZING. Really, very clean rooms. Good location with nice views over the loch. Friendly staff. This lace is really sanctuary for quite accommodation. But also they have billiard/pool in the lounge and nice BBQ area! Would recommend... twice at least!

Very nice place, it doesn't look like a hostel at all. You feel at home.

It was a nice place with a nice atmosphere.

• 19th May 2014
  • Lithuania

An attractive, comfortable hostel in an excellent location. Only minor negative was that one bathroom was out of use and nearest was was very steamy from shower use. Spacious bunkrooms with comfy chairs.

• 8th May 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel is out of the way, but well worth a visit. It's definitely more of a hiking/cyclist hostel, but seems very welcoming to anyone.

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Possitively reminds me (59) of similar hostels many years ago

Really friendly staff, cosy living spaces and comfy beds - felt like a home from home. Thanks!

• 9th Mar 2014