Stationmasters Hostel Reviews

Stromeferry, Ross-shire, Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland

Loved everything about this place. It was a real comfy home from home -perfect tranquility , especially after driving from Thurso on the B roads...would love to return with a group of people..will do one day!

• 29th Aug 2014

We were 4 of us on a trip to isle of skye & our stay at station masters hostel was perfect,It was so clean, fresh,calm & Quiet that we wanted to extend our stay there for couple of nights more.I would highly recommend this place.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • India

Fantastic unique guest house/hostel in a beautiful spot, 20mins drive from Kyle of Lochalsh

All good, nuff said...

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

We had to cancel this time but we ha the very best memories of staying in the Stationmasters Hostel last year. This just the type of hostel we prefer to stay at.

• 17th Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel! Very clean, gorgeous view from the room, very quiet. A little far from every thing (closest pubs and grocery stores are about a 10-15min drive) but it adds to the charm. Wish we could have stayed longer!

The hostel is really out of the way so you definitely need a car if you're planning on spending some time here. However, this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It's right next to the water and the surroundings are gorgeous. Ewan was an excellent host and the whole place has such a chilled and relaxed feeling, it's like staying at home, only you're not at home and the view is much nicer!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Stationmasters Hostel is an absolutely lovely hostel in the tiny village of Stromeferry. We were 3 girls and all of us loved it there - great location at a lake, where you can relax perfectly. You should rent a car though as a car makes it much easier to get there and see the surroundings. Nice rooms, good kitchen and a common room that makes you feel at home immediately. Lovely staff, too! We met a staff member named Gordon, who was very helpful and sweet! Would definitely go again!

I am in love with this hostel! It is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at! the bathroom gives me the privacy I needed, like I'm home! The bed is so comfortable that I slept pass 9:30 for the first time of my trip. I will come back for sure.

Although I spent very little time in Your place, it made me feel like in my college years. Brought up some memories. THANK YOU. I realy want to come back there in future for longer stay. Two things which distinguish this spot from lots of others - common eating and rest area (guitar by the fire) and no TV in rooms. That was a shock for me, but eventually, turned out to be a positive one.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Fantastic place to stay. Great views, very comfortable arrangements, excellent value. Only complaint would be public transit is tricky, but bring a vehicle and you won't have the same trouble

• 24th Jul 2014

We had a very memorable stay. Ewan is very helpful and friendly and so is his wife Kate. Thanks Ewan and Kate. Stationmasters hostel will be a lifetime memory. Hope I can visit this place again. Cheers.

Great hostel, gorgeous location, spacious rooms with lots of character. Ewan was very nice and helpful. I can only recommend this hostel, whether you're alone, a group of friends or a family !

We enjoyed a lot. It is a special place, but isn't advisable for all people.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very clean and comfortable room. The staff were really nice. It was a pretty convenient location for travelling around the Isle of Skye, as long as you have a car.

Beautiful location and friendly staff. Makes you want to be a stationmaster.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Lovely hostel - enthusiastic staff and in a beautiful location (if quite far from civilisation). We had a fab stay here and breakfast is included. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and exactly what you need.

One word - AMAZING. Really, very clean rooms. Good location with nice views over the loch. Friendly staff. This lace is really sanctuary for quite accommodation. But also they have billiard/pool in the lounge and nice BBQ area! Would recommend... twice at least!

Very nice place, it doesn't look like a hostel at all. You feel at home.

It was a nice place with a nice atmosphere.

• 19th May 2014