Stay Inn NYC Reviews

33 Gold Street, Suite 121, New York, USA

Stay Inn NYC is a AWESOME place to stay, I spent 4 nights there, and I felt great. The location is great, and best of all, Perry is the best host ever. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

• 27th Sep 2012
  • China

The apartment had just moved when I got there, so everything seemed to be under construction. I booked a single loft room, and didn't find out till I got there that I was sharing with 6 others. The woman in charge of check in didn't speak much English. I asked if I could store luggage while I went travelling for a few days and she said yes, then the owner later accused me of trying to take advantage of her not speaking English, and was really unhelpful. I would not recommend this place.

Even though I was only here for one night, I enjoyed it very much. Extremely clean and safe environment. Excellent location and I would stay here again.

A little confusing when you first arrive seen as though there is no formal greeting and I arrived when no one was in. overall the place is very laid back and a great place to base yourself while staying in manhattan. The place is modern, clean and feels more like a shared apartment than a hostel. I would definitely recommend.

• 17th Sep 2012

Excellent location situated close to the Brooklyn Bridge and the Financial District. Will stay here again!

• 8th Sep 2012

Thanks for a great stay in NYC! Perry and his aunt were great hosts, all of the people who stayed were awesome, and the hostel was a clean, secure, and (relatively) quiet place to sleep, with access to any part of NYC by subway. Cheers!!!

I was first very confused: You cannot see a hostel sign or anything outside. Instead you go into one of the apartments to check in. When I arrived only two boys were there (who were really nice and even helped me with my luggage). When I came into the dorm I was really happy: The dorms are nice and clean and have lots of space and it is really nice to stay in there. Every dorm even has its own kitchen.

The hardware and location are great! But, it's not worth that value.

• 18th Aug 2012
  • China

There are a few neat features which I really appreciate. Plenty of power outlets, free shavers and toothbrushes, tea and coffee for free and just a good atmosphere.

The location of the place is good, almost beside the famous Wall Street and there are good places to eat and drink nearby. Ambience is cool with a Mac Computer and good decoration. The host was somewhat cranky, always telling what to do and what not to do, which made me a uncomfortable. (Even 'ssh' ed for a sneeze) I found that depressing after such good reviews. Overall; one of the good places to stay for a low budget, but still do not expect the fun like in European hostels/guesthouses.

I believe that 4 bedrooms are indeed to many for such a small place. 3 would probably be a much better solution. Lockers and/or cabinets should be available for guests.

A wonderful place to stay in NYC. It is clean and comfortable. Both Perry and his aunt are very considerate and helpful. And I cant imagine that Perry made all the furniture himself!! Besides, it is in a great location: near financial center and the metro station is 2 minutes' walk. And you can't imagine it, Century 21 is only 7minutes' walk!! Everything there is on sale. lol.

Great place to be! It feels more like a flat share than a hostel. The girl's flat is comfy (!) and quiet, so even with a jetlag it's not bad to share the place. However, hostels in NY are overpriced, and this is no exception.

The hostel is super modern (think ikea or URBN dwelling). Great vibe (in both the mixed and female only lofts), easy kitchen and bathroom access, and great high speed wifi and cable tv. The beds were clean and we got towels and shampoo! Perry and his aunt are really helpful and chill. Just wish there were small lockers for valuables b/c it's an open layout loft.

Fun place, killer location!

I enjoyed my stay at Perry's place. The hostel was extremely clean, modern, located in a safe area & excellent value for money. Perry is super nice too. The only criticism I have is that there was only one bathroom for 7 girls so waiting time was pretty long. Overall though, I highly recommend a stay there!

The place is value for money. In simple terms this is what I experienced: -Consistenly clean environment -Helpful staff -Friendly and respectful environment with other backpackers -Comfortable facilities This place is BY FAR the best hostel I have ever stayed at in Manhattan.

for the price, sorry Perry, find a friend and do 4 star, it's not bad for the area, but for 75 a night, look on expedia, spend the extra 50 for a proper new york experience, not in a 4 X 4 with three other people, over priced but for the first timers, soak it up, but get ripped................................it's a learning curve. but its very clean for the tight walleted

While we are disappointed that this guest did not enjoy our accommodations, we respect his opinions. Perhaps he should look at the pictures next time and try to understand what it is that he is reserving. We do not think of ourselves as a 5-star Hotel, and most of our guests appreciate the value we bring.

I had a wonderful time at Stay Inn. The location was great and I felt very secure in the area. Also, I was impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms. There is just one suggestion for improvement: some locker facilities for valuables would be great!

• 5th Jul 2012