Stay in Chelsea Reviews

7 Brechin Place, London, England

We couldn`t shower the three nights there because we had only cold water.

When I was living there, there is no hot water for shower. I had told the owner but there is no response from them. I told them I did not have towel they said they will get it to me but there is no one give it to me. They rarely reply the email and message and even the phone call. Though the location and the atmosphere is good, the staff and facilities are not really good at all.

Very few toilets, with no handwasher in the bedroom. Very small bedrooms. Employers always absent. Room cleaning only with payment(7£) 4 days on 6 rhe showers have had cold water.

Best service,expeciially the staff(Jose) he's very nice and kind :)

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Vietnam

Some good and bad points. The good ; really comfy bed and great great location. The bad ; we had to wait a while to get in, considering we had replied to the email requesting our time of arrival.

Very comfortable hostel - the staff were welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and tidy, and was in a great location to the South Kensington tube station. Definitely will be visiting again and would recommend to friends and family. Great little find!

• 7th Aug 2013

This was a nice place to stay and is very close to the main underground station and lines. There is no sign outside identifying the place as a b

Our stay in Chelsea was not as good as expected. Several reasons for this. When we arrived in London,the owner barely respond to us when we called him.Then once we where in the room, we found our dishes dirty and nothing to wash it. In the lavatories,there was no toilet paper and soap and In the bathroom the carpet was dirty. The most chocking thing that a mouse was a mouse in our room and that it ate our food and when I told this to the owner he didn't appologize I don't recommend this hostel

• 23rd Jul 2013

Good stay overall for us we would stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2013

Left waiting a very long time out front of the building for a staff member to finally come to the door when he knew we were waiting. There is no service. No sound proofing. Plumbing totally unsatisfactory. Bathroom not checked or cleaned regularly.

Location is nice, next to English houses (which I like). Gloucester Road, the street next to it, is great. Within a 1-minute walk you can find cafes, bars, restaurants (both cheap & classy available), and Tesco supermarket. Within less than 10-minute walk you can reach the underground; either Gloucester Rd Station or South Kensington Station. Small room, no AC, showers are not available in my floor. Prior to arrival, you have to confirm which time you'll reach the hostel. There's no reception.

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Kuwait

The location is great 3 minutes to the next tube station. The bathroom was good and not! dirty at all we alsways had warm water. The room was okay bed was comfortable pillows great but the blankets were old and the facilities (microwave etc needed to be cleaned)

• 15th Jul 2013
  • Austria

Very upsetting stay, to start the man who works there to greet us was extremely rude. The room was nothing like any of the ones in the pictures, far older and dirtier. The whole time we stayed to had no hot water. We kept being told it would be on in a few hours, yet never came on. The worker did not seem to care at all about this, as did the owner. At first we where offered just a small £30 refund, only 15% of the full amount we paid. Horrible experience.

I would absolutely stay here again. There was some issue checking in since I didn't have access to a phone on my trip but only waited a short time. The facility was great and I loved how discrete the house was about being a hostel. Great location near public transportation. Had a great visit!

• 3rd Jul 2013

Good location and the facilities are good.

Despite informing the hostel when we would be checking in, which was the standard time, the room was not ready on arrival and we were forced to wait over an hour. The staff were very unhelpful, they had no presence in the residence itself and when contacted by telephone they did not respond. The door to our room was incredibly stiff and difficult to open, most likely due to the heat. Also, luggage storage was not secure. Apart from that, the location was incredible and the room itself was nice.

• 19th Jun 2013

The location of the bnb is excellent. 3 mins walk from tube station and easy to travel everywhere in town. I stayed on the first floor. security worries me a bit. There's no key for the room door. It's a password lock so I don't feel my room is really safe. The toilet door is not all the way to the ceiling. So people can actually just place a camera on the door and see everything inside. The place is in general clean and neat. But no one help change the towel and sheet even I stay 5 days.

Great location in a nice neighbourhood very close to a underground station. Great restaurants near by. Staff were nice, but there was no where to store bags upon arrival which was annoying. The hostel is in a very old building so the bathrooms were a bit gross, but overall they tried their best to keep it clean. We had a private room which was nicely decorated, though small. Overall a good experience, would go back if I am still on a budget. Definitely good but only as a budget place.

The room was good. Nice bed, big open room, two large windows, sink, stovetop, fridge, etc. Nothing fancy, though, and ceilings were kind of gross. Shared bathrooms were not kept very clean and toilet paper was missing for a full 24 hours. At least it was never a trouble getting into a bathroom. Location was great, near two well connected tube stops. Biggest bummer was a 6am fire alarm which no one fessed up to, and kept everyone outside for an hour waiting to get help from the staff or firemen.

Nice and affordable guesthouse at a very good location, 5 minute walk to the underground (15 minutes to city center), many restaurants and bars in the area, and close to museums (natural history, science) and Hyde Park. Don't expect big rooms and luxury, but it is clean and definitely worth the money.

View all London Bed and Breakfasts