Stay in Chelsea Reviews

7 Brechin Place, London, England

It was a fine place to crash for a few months. Would have been nice to have a person on site at all times to answer questions. The ceiling in our room was also very moldy and peeling. Other than that location was excellent and bathrooms were not gross. They let us leave bags in the front hallway for an afternoon which was much appreciated.

• 29th Sep 2014

It was annoying that one shower was not working. Wouldn't recommend it to any one we know

• 25th Sep 2014

They said there is a luggage deposit but it's not true ... the day we left we didn't know where to leave the luggages for some hours, we tried to call the owners but no answer... The owners are never there and all must be done by phone call...

• 22nd Sep 2014

The room was very small, the bed not all that comfortable. The showers and toilets were not functioning very well (on the last floor). The only real positive is their nice location in South Kensington.

Very good place to stay, most the reviews where bad when we booked but turned out to be a great place to stay, don't listen to all the neagtive people, great place would book again !

There was no hot water in the basement bathrooms during the one week we stayed there. We did tell about it to the super but nothing happened. Also the sheets on the pillows were dirty and the sofa was wery dirty indeed - you coud get rid of it and get more space in the room.

Good location. That's all.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Very quaint, nice stay.

• 27th Jun 2014

I stayed 2 days here in the 3rd floor, so the internet connection was really poor and most of the time there was no connection at all. Unless you go downstairs. Shower room is far from my room (different floor), i dont like that. My hostel was supposed to be 212 pound, and I paid 220 because I dont have small changes, so the staff said that he will come back to give me the balance, but he never came back untill I check out. Im so dissapointed and will not suggest people to come here.

• 1st Jun 2014

On arrival our booked room appeared to be given to somebody else. Promised wifi had a very weak signal.

• 1st Jun 2014

Though Stay in Chelsea is in a great location, I would not go out of my way to recommend a stay here. Staff was not very organized. When we arrived, we were placed in the wrong room. I had requested a room with a kitchen, however, there was not even a plaque to cook on. Only a microwave. The overall ambience of the place was rather dull; it was very quiet. This place certainly has potential, but for now I give it a lack luster rating.

It needs a receptionist to be considered a decent place, not some weird methods of texting your arrival time and having to pay in cash to somebody in running gear... Not a great place, but didn't place much for the privilege I guess. Pictures do deceive but its still acceptable.

• 5th May 2014

There is no sign of any kind on the entrance construction workers opened the door to me, and it was by mistike, otherwise I would probably still staying in front Construction work were fully in progress inside, everything was incredibly dirty, hammer hits lasted whole day, it was impossible to rest there was no warm water during my whole stay, showering in cold water... avoid this place if you can I would rather sleep in the park than stay here again

We reserved a double bedroom and got a single very small bedroom, but we still paid more than necessary to get a single bedroom...

Loved this place. Location was amazing. Check in was a little bit strange, all done over phone! But it was hassle free and they were very friendly. Room was clean. Never had problem with hot water like others have said. Will definitely be staying again!

• 2nd Apr 2014

When we arrived there was no one to open the door, we had to wait outside for 20 minutes until someone came (this happened also to other guests). They wanted to give us a room in the basement with no windows, the boiler of the house was inside the room (noisy as hell) and the bed was barely fitting (so no space for a desk or sth alike), the room was nothing like in the pictures. After discussing with the owner he accepted to give us another room, upstairs, just A BIT better. Bathroom super dirty

No hot water and our key didn't work half the time Other then that it was a nice place to stay, good location

Had a brilliant stay in this place. The room was massive and really clean as was the kitchen. The location was flawless as it was a few steps from the tube let alone surrounded by nice restaurants and bars. Would highly recommend it !

• 9th Jan 2014

The hostel was good! The location is interesting and there are some pubs and restaurant near the hostel, including markets! The metro was near from the hostel so we could move themselves easier than we thought! Only 2 problems: the wifi and the cleaning weren't so good, but the other services were good! Thank you!

• 2nd Jan 2014

The place is really good, location perfect! You have your own codes in the door so you can get in and out when you want. The only problem is that they don't have hairdryer and the cistern was not working on the weekend. But the room was really confy!

• 4th Dec 2013