Stay on Main Reviews

640 South Main Street, Los Angeles, California, USA

This is a bad hotel, and a terrible hostel. The location wasn't only pretty away from most Los Angeles attractions (like most places in LA), but it also was pretty ugly and insecure. The atmosphere is null, and the bathrooms are really dirty for such an expensive hotel.

It's more than common Hostel

Free breakfast, plenty of entertainment and the rooms were pretty decent (our dorm had three bunk beds as well as a sink and two shelves for our stuff, chairs, tv and an ironing set). Tv in the room wasn't entirely necessary but it was a nice gesture. Only problem were the bathrooms which could do with a spruce up but for a hostel it was more than what I expected and would recommend to friends, family and strangers.

• 31st Mar 2014

I can't remember EVER being in a hostel that did not have personal lockers in the room. The staff were very nice to hold my valuables at the front desk for me, but that isn't the same as having control over my own things in a locker in my room. This was the biggest drawback to this hostel.

It was literally a hotel, good location if you are just focusing on downtown LA

Everything was fine except the location - a couple blocks from Skid Row. Hundreds of homeless and/or mentally ill people on the streets near there. I felt a little wary of walking around at night, but during the day it was OK. Interesting to be near the Fashion and Flower districts. Easy walking to several good restaurants. One strange thing: We NOT figure out how to turn out the overhead pendant light in our room! So we just slept with a glowing orange light on...

• 26th Oct 2013