Stay on Main Reviews

640 South Main Street, Los Angeles, USA

When I stayed there, we had a faulty light which would turn on and off constantly during the night. It made it very difficult to sleep. However, there was not much the staff could do to rectify it as it wasn't until quite late we realized it was happening. Otherwise everything was really good, the staff were friendly and helpful. I lost my key card and they were more than happy to replace it for me.

• 25th Aug 2015

Rooms were comfy and clean. bathroom however was a bit disgusting.

waffle breakfast is nice, but could use some protein/meat in the breakfasts. wifi in my room on the 5th floor was pretty bad, so i had to stay in the lobby for usable signal.

staff at desk amusingly hidebound (c. 15 mins per guest to check in !??)

• 9th Aug 2015

Location is pretty good. Everyone recommend me to stay other Hostels(You might hear before). but I think that is very impressive than I expected. Unlike reviews below, the hostel is clean, quiet. Actually I really like to eat some waffles in the morning, which is complimentary for all the customer. I will come back here again.

Filthy carpet. Black feet after walking upon. Overpriced. NO COFFEE IN ENTIRE HOTEL AFTER BREAKFAST.

• 7th Aug 2015

In general good, only one problem. One day I reserved whith hostelbookers and I had problem, big problems kand not the first time) . So, be careful whith hostelbookers, they are very very bad and incompetents

Lobby-super nice, belies what's upstairs. Rooms pitiful, no personal lockers avail., toilets out of paper, not cleaned adequately. If room had a closet, no bar, no place to hang something other than the door hinge or edge of table. Toilet/Shower rooms-no hooks/shelf for clothes, toiletries, etc. Bunks had no shelf to place belongings. Drought & no low-flow showerheads or notes in rooms by sinks concerning running water. Couldn't reuse towel or sheets, no need to change everyday unless requested.

• 1st Aug 2015

Feeling good,Just do anything needs to door card

• 13th Jul 2015
  • China

Very strange place, It's more like an old hotel than a hostel (actually it's located in a old hotel in LA downtown). I didn't like it, but it's just my personal opinion, the prices are good and the rooms are cleaned (not the same for the restrooms!).

Very helpful friendly service, thanks to you all.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place for a great price. Got a bunk room last minute for anime expo. A 30min walk to convention center. Breakfeat was nice. Waffles all the way. Overnight parking available right next to hotel. The toilets didn't empty immediately after flush, but I never came into a bathroom with a full bowl.

The staff both at reception and those for breakfast were 'profession' and warm dealing with the customers.

i have an awesome experience at stay on main in LA.it located in downtown LA.although it takes me long time arrive there from LAX(airport) to the hostel.i mean take the public bus.it is fine~this hostel is close to union station.i can go there in 5min by car.it is a nice place to stay ,too.the staff in front desk is very nice.the room is clean and safe.but i can't have the complimentary breakfast.because the waffle machine is broken.haha!btw it is a really nice place to stay.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • China

Booked a 4 Bed Dorm, got a 2 twin share, thanks :)

• 18th Jun 2015

Very good hostel, very kind staff! Highly recommended! :-)

• 10th Jun 2015

Great cleaniness, never expected. Value for money is very good too. Security may be an area to work on as I passed through the guard a few times directly to the lift without being intervened.

• 24th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

180 for one room is really overcharged and lots of homeless around the area where it's located, and we didn't know until we were there that this is originally Cecil hotel. And the lock of the door was broken, not safe at all. Fortunately we only stayed for one night.

Dirty bathrooms, very!!! It's an amazing building, but they don't care about it. Staff??!! horrible. Lady at the reception doesn't know how to say "please" or "thank you". She was very busy during my check in, few things at the same time. Rooms are clean, but not very! quite depressing. Never again!! PS Breakfast is full of "chemicals", nothing natural...