8.2
Fabulous 462 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 462 Total Reviews
Stay on Main Located at 640 South Main Street, , Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles 90014 640 South Main Street
82% 462
34.0442769 -118.2506303
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 18-24
6th May 2016

Overall my stay in the hostel was great; everything was clean and the free computers in the Lobby were a plus. Annoyances: The bathrooms on the 6th floor don´t have a sink so to wash your hands . I was assigned a top bunk, the bed did not have an exit and the ladder was very uncomfortable. The most annoying thing however was the keycard. Everyday it had to be recoded by the receptionist after it failed to open the room door, although I kept it far away from my cell phone/purse.

• Argentina, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016
6.3

I stayed there just for one night after a concert because it was close. I stayed at a dorm. It was pretty depressing and the bathrooms SO disgusting. The common areas of the hotel are nice though.

19th Apr 2016

Great location to lots of sites in downtown LA. Very convenient to the metro stations to get to other sites. Plenty of free internet computers to use to look up info on restaurants and more. Fun oldies music blaring through the sound system. The breakfast isn't much to get excited about. So-so waffles and cereal, no fruit. It was really nice to have a TV on our 6-bed suite. Definitely will stay here again for the location and price.

• USA, Female, 31-40
18th Apr 2016

This place has old style glamour and great service! The price was great and my room was super cute! Loved the light fixture, I want something like it at home now haha Thank you so much! I'm am anxious traveler but I felt pretty comfortable for my stay there. 💚

• USA, Female, 31-40
15th Apr 2016
7.4

Great price for bunk; not for pvt room. I missed having a toilet in-room. Breakfast is waffles, cereal, coffee & fake OJ. How about bagels/donuts/muffins? Room was nice, clean w/cute bedding. Lockers don't take small locks - so my TSA luggage locks were useless. Pay parking next door is expensive but friendly. Staff not helpful when I asked for a lower bunk. They said they were all taken, but I was alone the first night and there was only 1 other person the 2nd night in a 6-bed room.

• markalan3942708
  • USA, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2016

This place was just what I was looking for. Nice, clean rooms. Cheap. Downtown. Friendly staff. Free breakfast. Not one complaint from this traveler.

30th Mar 2016
7.4

The rooms were cleaned and well tended. The bathrooms left something to be desired. While the property was supposed to be non-smoking, I found cigarette butts in the vents of two of the shower rooms I used. Gross. It was also difficult to keep my clothes from being wet while taking a shower as the shower curtains were thin or nonexistent. It would have been nice to have some trash cans in the toilet areas and some bath mats for traction in the showers. Staff was helpful.

17th Mar 2016

This is my second stay at Stay on Main. I was only there one night as I flew in from Tucson in the afternoon and left after breakfast on the Coast Starlight train to Seattle. I really like the location as it is a short walk, at least for this 76 year old guy, from the Music Center where I went to see a play at the Mark Taper. I also like that you are in the old part of town and close to "The Last Bookstore." I never saw my room mate and hope that my coming and leaving did not disturb them.

31st Dec 2015
7.7

Stay on Main has the feeling more of a hotel than a hostel. It feels upscale, but not really a place to meet other travelers and to swap travel stories. Stay on Main is located in downtown with bars and restaurants nearby, but the hotel/hostel is still something like a 25 minute walk to Union Station (where the trains and metros are). A taxi to Union Station costs approximately $8-12 and you can call one from the hotel.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
27th Dec 2015

I booked it because it was the cheapest and, apparently, the most decent option close to union station. However, it turned to be an excellent option to stay, great entrance, nice rooms. Around the hotel there are some ugly blocks (downtown things) but some other nice blocks. I recomment this place for the people who are looking something located at the downtown.