Stay on Main Reviews

640 South Main Street, Los Angeles, USA

This was a very good hostel. However it can get quite hot with no air con. Great facilities and is more like a hotel in some ways.

I only stayed one night to catch the greyhound bus in the morning, so for me the location was good. I thought I had booked to stay in a dorm but was given a room to myself which was great, I had the best sleep ! The breakfast was good too, although with my early start I missed out on the great looking waffels. The only issue was with the bathroom being flooded, but this was only because someone hadn't put the shower curtain in the bath !

overall is excellent. nice staff for all your questions. security is high for the lugguage storage as they have tags. room security is fine even though there is no locker. I have a good roommate from Canada so I am satisfied. fair free breakfast with wiffle but not eggs or bacon. stores and fast food are nearby though homeless is unavoidablein downtown. the only bad thing is the room is quite hot as there is no ac and there is on little window facing the road. It may be noise if u open window.

Luxurious hotel look with hostel prices (positive surprise when I got to the place!). Downtown location made it a good public transport (metro/bus) hub to all key attractions in greater LA (~30/40 min to Hollywood/Universal, ~1h to Warner Brothers, ~1h15min to Santa Monica, ~1h to Pasadena, ~1h15min to Venice, ~30 min walk to Amtrak or Greyhound; be warned that I still found downtown LA itself relatively unattractive). Major negative mark for laundry facilities out of order throughout my stay.

Really nice place to stay In. Would highly recommend to anyone. Staff are all helpful and was a really cheap place to stay. Thanks!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Wales

I was viewing this trip with trepidation after I read some of the trip advisor reviews, never fear! I arrived really early before check-in and the staff were absolutely lovely, they stored my bags at no charge while I wandered around and explored. When I was able to check in, the room was modern, clean and bright and had plenty of space. The little bathroom facility that we had was clean and was frankly better than I expected from a cheap hostel in downtown LA!! Would stay there again :)

I really liked to stay there. All the staffs were nice. And the location is really good, all the places that I went I have easy access with the public transportation.

• 6th Aug 2014

The room was good. I slept well. And reasonable.

LA downtown is not the best place to stay while on a tourism trip through the region. Even though, localization is not that bad and the hostel offers a lot to do, with computers and lounges.

• 30th Jul 2014

The rooms are confortable, the breakfast very good but there is only few bathrooms for a lot of people and the internet conection went down for a lot of hours during the night.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Not enough staff on duty what made visitors wait very long at reception. The toilets and showers were cleaned only once a day which made them very dirty half way through the day. The hostel is situated near a metro station but to get there the route felt not safe.

The staff didnt have the time of day to answer questions or help you. They refused to put a sign on the dryer saying it was out of order as it wasnt there job and refused to reimburse me and told me to call some number. Wont be recommending this place to anyone.

I stayed for four days, three nights. Really, the only complaint I could give is that the lines for the shared showers can be tedious and the continental breakfast guy didn't make enough waffles in the morning. The rooms are small, but not cramped, and clean upon even thorough inspection. It's older, but functional, and hard to find complaint with even while nitpicking.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Anyone considering staying at this hostel I suggest you read this article first. It was formerly known as the Cecil Hotel. http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/before-the-ghost-photo-the-disturbing-gruesome-past-of-the-cecil-hotel/story-fnizu68q-1226813853089

Great place to stay! Rooms are for two and are spacious. Free breakfast are also nice. You should stay here!

This is a hotel style hostel. It is relatively spacious to stay in a dorm which accommodates only two guys. Sink in the dorm, very convenient! Laundry on the 1st floor. Toilets and showers on each floor. Price is great due to its downtown location. No hostel atmosphere at all but it is still a great choice if you prefer this style.

This hostel/hotel was a big surprise. On arriving I thought I must have made a mistake: it looks like a grand hotel, with marble floors, columns, gilded mirrors and beautiful sections of stained glass in the ceiling. But no mistake, the once grand Cecil hotel is now Stay on Main. I stayed in a 6 bed 'dorm', which felt spacious and comfortable. We had a toilet with bath/shower close by. Rather small but great to be able to shower in private. Breakfast was fine. Staff friendly. Recommendable.

• 21st May 2014

Went to a red carpet event in Downtown LA. It was cheap, the breakfast was good, and it had easy access to the airport. (Book the super shuttle in advanced for a round trip and it takes you straight to the hostel from the airport for really cheap!)

Perfect for a short stay in LA!

This is a bad hotel, and a terrible hostel. The location wasn't only pretty away from most Los Angeles attractions (like most places in LA), but it also was pretty ugly and insecure. The atmosphere is null, and the bathrooms are really dirty for such an expensive hotel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7