Stay on Main Reviews

640 South Main Street, Los Angeles, USA

180 for one room is really overcharged and lots of homeless around the area where it's located, and we didn't know until we were there that this is originally Cecil hotel. And the lock of the door was broken, not safe at all. Fortunately we only stayed for one night.

Dirty bathrooms, very!!! It's an amazing building, but they don't care about it. Staff??!! horrible. Lady at the reception doesn't know how to say "please" or "thank you". She was very busy during my check in, few things at the same time. Rooms are clean, but not very! quite depressing. Never again!! PS Breakfast is full of "chemicals", nothing natural...

Weird random people hanging around the lobby area, can't really distinguish if they're guests or not.

• 6th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great location and free breakfast. Bathrooms are tiny but it's a great value for your money anyway. I would stay again.

No me gusto , mucho ruido , no se podía cocinar , solo con microondas . Poca seguridad .

Good Hostel thats close to the Staples Centre. Well kept and clean with a nice free Waffle breakfast. Looks like a big regular hotel with access to computers and film room

Really enjoyed my one night stay. It was clean and the breakfast was good! Only thing is that there are no lockers in room.

• 9th Mar 2015

It was occasionally hard to find a bathroom stocked with toilet paper - I'm not sure why. There also were not lockers in the room, which I certainly missed. Nothing was stolen from me, but I was nervous that it easily could have been. The breakfast was good considering it's a hostel! Otherwise, the hostel was sparkling clean, the towels and sheets were lovely, and I enjoyed my stay.

• 8th Mar 2015

Second time I've stayed here. Nice rooms.

An old hotel conversion to a simple but fun hostel. Located in a slightly doggy area of downtown LA but otherwise a good spot to reach places.

If you travel alone , I would not recommend this one since the location is in downtown LA, walking down the street is not as comfortable and secure as you expected.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • China

The location is good, near where you catch the Greyhound buses, I would recommend that people check out Downtown LA, I think it's cool. I did not like the fact that there was only one bathroom for the whole floor which was not clean. Also the price was reasonable the night I stayed there but I wanted to book another night and the price doubled. Also for a bed in a double room I could only book two beds via Hostel World the second time cost of USD120, the first time I booked was only USD30

I choose the stay here as I wanted to walk to staples center to watch the game, the neighbor is feeling not good, you know the downtown area. but the hotel itself is good, good staff, good services, good tv in the lobby, nice wifi there.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • China

Arrived to a very unwelcoming receptionist who seemed irritated by my enquiries about where to buy a meal and did not direct me away from the less than seedy area of town which I later understood to be avoided especially as a single white woman. Shower was dirty, full of hair, bed and linen comfortable but no way to access top bunk except through gymnastics and use of a chair. Cafe in lobby was no longer franchised and closed. Web site advertised a free shuttle to downtown which No longer ru

A hostel that is joined with a hotel had some good facilities. Things I didn't like was my 'dorm' was a room for 2 ppl consisting of a double bunk bed. I wasn't sure all evening if I was just going to have one person join me that evening. Sitting in the bunk underneath I could not sit up straight without hitting my head. Toilets didn't have toilet paper topped up frequently whilst I was there

• 27th Sep 2014

This was a very good hostel. However it can get quite hot with no air con. Great facilities and is more like a hotel in some ways.

Stay on Main was cool - nice decor, cool theater. Staff were helpful - area is a little shady but the hostel itself is very safe.

• 7th Sep 2014

I only stayed one night to catch the greyhound bus in the morning, so for me the location was good. I thought I had booked to stay in a dorm but was given a room to myself which was great, I had the best sleep ! The breakfast was good too, although with my early start I missed out on the great looking waffels. The only issue was with the bathroom being flooded, but this was only because someone hadn't put the shower curtain in the bath !

overall is excellent. nice staff for all your questions. security is high for the lugguage storage as they have tags. room security is fine even though there is no locker. I have a good roommate from Canada so I am satisfied. fair free breakfast with wiffle but not eggs or bacon. stores and fast food are nearby though homeless is unavoidablein downtown. the only bad thing is the room is quite hot as there is no ac and there is on little window facing the road. It may be noise if u open window.

Luxurious hotel look with hostel prices (positive surprise when I got to the place!). Downtown location made it a good public transport (metro/bus) hub to all key attractions in greater LA (~30/40 min to Hollywood/Universal, ~1h to Warner Brothers, ~1h15min to Santa Monica, ~1h to Pasadena, ~1h15min to Venice, ~30 min walk to Amtrak or Greyhound; be warned that I still found downtown LA itself relatively unattractive). Major negative mark for laundry facilities out of order throughout my stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7