Stay on Main Reviews

640 South Main Street, Los Angeles, USA

If you travel alone , I would not recommend this one since the location is in downtown LA, walking down the street is not as comfortable and secure as you expected.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • China

The location is good, near where you catch the Greyhound buses, I would recommend that people check out Downtown LA, I think it's cool. I did not like the fact that there was only one bathroom for the whole floor which was not clean. Also the price was reasonable the night I stayed there but I wanted to book another night and the price doubled. Also for a bed in a double room I could only book two beds via Hostel World the second time cost of USD120, the first time I booked was only USD30

I choose the stay here as I wanted to walk to staples center to watch the game, the neighbor is feeling not good, you know the downtown area. but the hotel itself is good, good staff, good services, good tv in the lobby, nice wifi there.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • China

Arrived to a very unwelcoming receptionist who seemed irritated by my enquiries about where to buy a meal and did not direct me away from the less than seedy area of town which I later understood to be avoided especially as a single white woman. Shower was dirty, full of hair, bed and linen comfortable but no way to access top bunk except through gymnastics and use of a chair. Cafe in lobby was no longer franchised and closed. Web site advertised a free shuttle to downtown which No longer ru

A hostel that is joined with a hotel had some good facilities. Things I didn't like was my 'dorm' was a room for 2 ppl consisting of a double bunk bed. I wasn't sure all evening if I was just going to have one person join me that evening. Sitting in the bunk underneath I could not sit up straight without hitting my head. Toilets didn't have toilet paper topped up frequently whilst I was there

• 27th Sep 2014

This was a very good hostel. However it can get quite hot with no air con. Great facilities and is more like a hotel in some ways.

Stay on Main was cool - nice decor, cool theater. Staff were helpful - area is a little shady but the hostel itself is very safe.

• 7th Sep 2014

I only stayed one night to catch the greyhound bus in the morning, so for me the location was good. I thought I had booked to stay in a dorm but was given a room to myself which was great, I had the best sleep ! The breakfast was good too, although with my early start I missed out on the great looking waffels. The only issue was with the bathroom being flooded, but this was only because someone hadn't put the shower curtain in the bath !

overall is excellent. nice staff for all your questions. security is high for the lugguage storage as they have tags. room security is fine even though there is no locker. I have a good roommate from Canada so I am satisfied. fair free breakfast with wiffle but not eggs or bacon. stores and fast food are nearby though homeless is unavoidablein downtown. the only bad thing is the room is quite hot as there is no ac and there is on little window facing the road. It may be noise if u open window.

Luxurious hotel look with hostel prices (positive surprise when I got to the place!). Downtown location made it a good public transport (metro/bus) hub to all key attractions in greater LA (~30/40 min to Hollywood/Universal, ~1h to Warner Brothers, ~1h15min to Santa Monica, ~1h to Pasadena, ~1h15min to Venice, ~30 min walk to Amtrak or Greyhound; be warned that I still found downtown LA itself relatively unattractive). Major negative mark for laundry facilities out of order throughout my stay.

Really nice place to stay In. Would highly recommend to anyone. Staff are all helpful and was a really cheap place to stay. Thanks!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Wales

I was viewing this trip with trepidation after I read some of the trip advisor reviews, never fear! I arrived really early before check-in and the staff were absolutely lovely, they stored my bags at no charge while I wandered around and explored. When I was able to check in, the room was modern, clean and bright and had plenty of space. The little bathroom facility that we had was clean and was frankly better than I expected from a cheap hostel in downtown LA!! Would stay there again :)

I really liked to stay there. All the staffs were nice. And the location is really good, all the places that I went I have easy access with the public transportation.

• 6th Aug 2014

The room was good. I slept well. And reasonable.

LA downtown is not the best place to stay while on a tourism trip through the region. Even though, localization is not that bad and the hostel offers a lot to do, with computers and lounges.

• 30th Jul 2014

The rooms are confortable, the breakfast very good but there is only few bathrooms for a lot of people and the internet conection went down for a lot of hours during the night.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Not enough staff on duty what made visitors wait very long at reception. The toilets and showers were cleaned only once a day which made them very dirty half way through the day. The hostel is situated near a metro station but to get there the route felt not safe.

The staff didnt have the time of day to answer questions or help you. They refused to put a sign on the dryer saying it was out of order as it wasnt there job and refused to reimburse me and told me to call some number. Wont be recommending this place to anyone.

I stayed for four days, three nights. Really, the only complaint I could give is that the lines for the shared showers can be tedious and the continental breakfast guy didn't make enough waffles in the morning. The rooms are small, but not cramped, and clean upon even thorough inspection. It's older, but functional, and hard to find complaint with even while nitpicking.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Anyone considering staying at this hostel I suggest you read this article first. It was formerly known as the Cecil Hotel. http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/before-the-ghost-photo-the-disturbing-gruesome-past-of-the-cecil-hotel/story-fnizu68q-1226813853089

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7