8.1
Fabulous 457 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 457 Total Reviews
Stay on Main Located at 640 South Main Street, , Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles 90014 640 South Main Street
81% 457
34.0442769 -118.2506303
    Rooms available

• Argentina, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016
6.3

I stayed there just for one night after a concert because it was close. I stayed at a dorm. It was pretty depressing and the bathrooms SO disgusting. The common areas of the hotel are nice though.

• USA, Female, 31-40
18th Apr 2016

This place has old style glamour and great service! The price was great and my room was super cute! Loved the light fixture, I want something like it at home now haha Thank you so much! I'm am anxious traveler but I felt pretty comfortable for my stay there. 💚

• USA, Female, 31-40
15th Apr 2016
7.4

Great price for bunk; not for pvt room. I missed having a toilet in-room. Breakfast is waffles, cereal, coffee & fake OJ. How about bagels/donuts/muffins? Room was nice, clean w/cute bedding. Lockers don't take small locks - so my TSA luggage locks were useless. Pay parking next door is expensive but friendly. Staff not helpful when I asked for a lower bunk. They said they were all taken, but I was alone the first night and there was only 1 other person the 2nd night in a 6-bed room.

• markalan3942708
  • USA, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2016

This place was just what I was looking for. Nice, clean rooms. Cheap. Downtown. Friendly staff. Free breakfast. Not one complaint from this traveler.

30th Mar 2016
7.4

The rooms were cleaned and well tended. The bathrooms left something to be desired. While the property was supposed to be non-smoking, I found cigarette butts in the vents of two of the shower rooms I used. Gross. It was also difficult to keep my clothes from being wet while taking a shower as the shower curtains were thin or nonexistent. It would have been nice to have some trash cans in the toilet areas and some bath mats for traction in the showers. Staff was helpful.

17th Mar 2016

This is my second stay at Stay on Main. I was only there one night as I flew in from Tucson in the afternoon and left after breakfast on the Coast Starlight train to Seattle. I really like the location as it is a short walk, at least for this 76 year old guy, from the Music Center where I went to see a play at the Mark Taper. I also like that you are in the old part of town and close to "The Last Bookstore." I never saw my room mate and hope that my coming and leaving did not disturb them.

31st Dec 2015
7.7

Stay on Main has the feeling more of a hotel than a hostel. It feels upscale, but not really a place to meet other travelers and to swap travel stories. Stay on Main is located in downtown with bars and restaurants nearby, but the hotel/hostel is still something like a 25 minute walk to Union Station (where the trains and metros are). A taxi to Union Station costs approximately $8-12 and you can call one from the hotel.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
27th Dec 2015

I booked it because it was the cheapest and, apparently, the most decent option close to union station. However, it turned to be an excellent option to stay, great entrance, nice rooms. Around the hotel there are some ugly blocks (downtown things) but some other nice blocks. I recomment this place for the people who are looking something located at the downtown.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2015
7.7

The hotel is located in the downtown and there are bus stops nearby. The community. nearby does not seem very secure, but the staff in the lobby are quite friendly and helpful. There is free breakfast provided on the second floor. They provide waffles and cereals, and also hot coffee and orange juice. The room is quite clean and hygienic. However, there are no sinks for washing hands and I have to go back to my room to wash. Overall, this hotel has high quality.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
24th Nov 2015
7.7

I stayed in a 6bed female dorm, which was a good size, and clean. Bathrooms/washrooms are plentiful, but not particularly clean or modern. Hostel has an odd atmosphere since most people only stay one night, there's not a lot of socialising, and there's not a bar or social area as you would find in most hostels. Location is great though, close to bus and metro stations to get to Hollywood, santa monica, Beverly Hills etc.