Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A localização é ótima, central e tranquila, as instalações também são muito boas. Aponto como ponto negativo um senhor que lá trabalha, mais velho e que fica na recepção à noite, ele me pareceu um pouco grosseiro no trato, deixa muito a desejar para um local que tem como publico alvo os jovens. Os demais recepcionistas sao ótimos e o café da manhã (pequeno almoço) é satisfatório.

Hostel is too expensive but staff is very helpful and location is good 10 min walk to city center

Hi there. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and facilities. We regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies. Great to hear you enjoyed our staff and location.

Tiny showers

Great to see you enjoyed our security and location. Our showers are of a normal regular size, a pity you did not enjoy them. In general we get good reviews on our staff and friendliness. In case you want to elaborate on some things which might have gone wrong, feel free to e-mail me on stadsdoelen@stayokay.com . Kind regards, Jesse - Front Office & Customer Service

staff was cool and helpful, location is amazing. atmosphere was pretty average and i was there on a saturday night, and the people in my room were abusive, slept with a pair of scissors in my pocket my last night as this group of arabic men were accusing me of stealing a pair of shoes (which were like 6 sizes too small) and one of the guys tried to get into my locker. nothing the staff or place could do it was just my experience. but disregarding that it is ok, not amazing.

• 17th Jan 2015

hi there, I do remember we spoke at the reception for a bit. If you really felt that uncomfortable in your room we were more than happy to switch you to another room. We do have 2 female only dorms for guest who prefer so. I regret you did not enjoy your stay. Kind regards Jesse - Front Office and Customer Service employee.

No tv room or lounge no kitchen

Hi there , thanks for your 7.1 I would like to inform you we do have a TV room, all the way in the back of the hostel, down the hallway on the right side, behind the wash-up area for your dishes. Our bar upstairs may also be used for chilling and lounging, you don't even have to buy a drink, it's your living/lounge room during your stay. True though, we do not have a kitchen. Great to see you love our location and Staff. Cleanliness and Value 4 Money. Regards, Jesse

Hostel 5* !! Gostei bastante deste hostel . Super bem localizado, com excelente, vista um bom atendimento, segurança. O pequeno almoço bastante bom , relativamente a outros hostels onde já estive e nem isso tem . Recomendo!!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Thanks you for great comments !

Very friendly, kind, and engaging staff :)

• 16th Jan 2015

hi there, thanks for great mark, seems you had a good time with our staff. Hope to see you again !

La ubicación estaba muy bien, al lado del barrio rojo y a 20 minutos caminando del centro de la fiesta. El staff era demasiado amable y siempre respondían a todas tus dudas. La limpieza no me pareció muy buena, los baños olían MUY MAL y el hostal era para familias o gente tranquila, si buscas fiesta no es el hostal adecuado

hi there great to hear you liked our location and friendliness of our staff. We do love to answer all your questions. Regarding the cleanliness we do have our own in house cleaning-team. So if the cleaning was not up to standard please really do feel free to come down to our reception, tell us, so we can do something about it straight away next time. Regards, Jesse

No me gustó para nada el hostel ni lo recomendaría. Lo único que no está mal es el desayuno, pero no tiene cocina y los dormitorios parecen pabellones de cárcel igual que las duchas. Un hostel deprimente.

Hi there, a pity we did not met your expectations. In general we get a lot of good comments on our location and staff. We do have communal showers (separate guys/girls), maybe next time opt for Stayokay Vondelpark and Zeeburg if you prefer a modern look en ensuite showers. Regards, Jesse

Great location, can reach everywhere walking. Good price for Amsterdam, but they only have big rooms. Not a big issue though. Breakfast is included and it's good. The only annoying issue was the lack of power outlets on the room, they can charge your phone at the reception but when I found out it was too late. In the overall it was a good hostel. In the overall, It was a great hostel.

localização boa e de fácil acesso. Bar bom porém pouco badalado, talvez pelo tipo de música tranquila. Sem tomada nos quartos! apenas 1 tomada em um quarto para 12 pessoas! Isso foi péssimo. Café da manhã grátis e TOP! Tirando o problema das tomadas eu voltaria sim!

Good classic hostel in an excellent location and with nice staff. Breakfast was very good with many options even for people with allergies. Dorms were cleans, big lockers and big bathrooms so no queuing. Only thing I was missing was a kitchen or at least a fridge, but otherwise a very nice stay!

thanks for great comments. !

Location was great only a few blocks away from food places, shops and trams. The rooms and bathrooms were kept clean which is always nice. And definitely loved the free breakfast! Saves time and money instead of trying to go out and find a place to eat. Overall my stay was great and would recommend it to others.

• 11th Jan 2015

This hostel was very nice, the 16 beddorm was huge andhad a big window which was awesome. Only thing I did not like was the lack of kitchen. Other than that, a great place to stay in Amsterdam.

Thank you for grand comments. And yes you are right we do not have a guest kitchen, feel free however to bring and eat your own food in the lobby area.

It is Good Place to stay.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

100 %%% we love you ! And you love us ! Great, happy you enjoyed your stay.

The breakfast is the best I've ever seen! The shower is hot and there are so many bathrooms... the staff is friendly, but the problems were: No plugs enough in the rooms nor in the common room Low lights in the rooms, so it was impossible to find your stuffs No paper in the bathroom near to the sink

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. Great to hear you enjoyed our hot showers (and yes we have A LOT of hot showers) and our breakfast. Till next time !

A depressing number of power outlets per room making it very inconvenient to charge phones or cameras. Not much done to create lively and enjoyable hostel atmosphere, but I guess no one goes to Amsterdam to sit in the hostel anyway!

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. We do have a cool bar to hang out, or perhaps in one of the couches in the lobby? Good to see you enjoyed Amsterdam till the fullest and liked our hostel too. Regards, Jesse

A good place, very close to all the cool stuff. The only issue, no plugs in the room for your electronic devices, kind of inconvenient.

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. Thanks for great mark, happy you enjoyed your stay ! Jesse

The 8 bedroom dorm I stayed in was better than the female one I got this time. No sink or mirrors in the room, Lockers outside the room and the top row so high up I couldn't reach even with the plastic stools provided. Not enough electrical outlets and no lift to the top floor. Wifi only in communal areas, lunch/dinner food is just microwavable dinners. Not the best stay of my life - had to make my own bed and carry sheets down for check out after paying a surplus fee for not being a member.

Hi there, thanks with the 7.1. We regret we did not meet all your expectations. We are a hostel though, so making your bed and carry down your bedsheets is really part of the experience. Maybe next time you could opt for our sisterhostel Stayokay Vondelpark; there we have lifts, make up your bed (not included) and you do not have to carry down your sheets. Feel free to use a locker which you can reach next time, not a problem at all. We have no surplus, just a discount if you're a member.

The best part about this hostel was the lobby and cafe areas. The bathrooms were less than desirable and the guest rooms are not good either.

Hi there, great to see you rate our staff and location with a 4. And yes our bar/cafe and lobby are a great way to meet new people. Our guest rooms are all large, they fit between 16 to 20 persons. We are really a no-frills hostel, but we regret our bathrooms and rooms did not met your expectations. Thanks for your time to comment.