Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

i am only saying poor on security as when we were there, our lockers got broken into. Luckily nothing valuable was stolen and our passports were still there however this is something the hostel need to look into as in most peoples minds, security is the most important factor.

• 4th Oct 2014

The location of this hostel was amazing but I feel like it was very expensive (weekend rate) for what it was. There are no lights or plugs beside the beds which I felt was a little annoying. Breakfast ends at 9:30 which I also felt was very early as most hostels I have stayed at end around 11. There was no real common area for which you can bring your own alcohol and hang out with friends. All this being said, the location was really very very good.

There were places to lock your stuff away, and you needed a key to get into the place. The location is excellent. It's close to everything. The staff was friendly. However, the guy at night wasn't that helpful. I don't know that it was his fault. One night, the internet went out. He said that he was unable to fix it. He doesn't have access to the router. Why would this be true? It might be, but he should have permission to fix the internet. We need it! It's clean. I'd recommend it.

Good value for money sort walking distance to red light district and centre of town. Nice quite location, no kitchen. All in all good place to stay highly recommend.

This pleasantly surprises me. I will definitely stay here again on any future visits.

• 19th Sep 2014

The stairs will rock you when headed to the top floor, other than that the bar was good nice pool table and a decent location. The two benches outside were nice to relax and have a decent lunch next to the water.

The location is good as it near red district light. They have locker in the dorm just they only have wifi in the lounge area not inside the room. The lounge area is not so clean. Mostly the staffs is helpful

It was okay!

I stayed at stayokay hostel with a friend for two nights. We loved it and will definitely stay there again. This place was near to everything and by everything I mean "everything". Don't even think about another hostel... Loved staff. Thanks

• 10th Sep 2014

Wish I could have blazed in the hostel. The guy who checked me in didn't inform me of some of the services in the Hostel... there was a kitchen looking thing, not sure if they served breakfast or was available to use. I heard about discounts on tours when another person checked in. Other than that, great hostel. Great location.

• 5th Sep 2014

Stayokay is a chain of hostels and is somewhat impersonal. You get a plastic keycard for opening doors. I was in a 16 bed dorm with two locked doors that have to be opened to get to the bathroom. Your locker, where you keep your backpack, is not next to your bed but in an entirely different room. There are no electrical power points in the bedrooms, only in the front lounge. There is no kitchen. I think there is better value for money elsewhere, but this hostel is ok in an emergency.

It's a great place to stay because it offers everything you need in a hostel.

Front desk staff was amazing - helped us get our lost baggage from the airlines and just very helpful overall. Breakfast was good - awesome coffee machine.

• 28th Aug 2014

The hostel location is perfect - near the city centre and the red light district yet quiet at night. It was just as we expected with good facilities, especially the bar. The staff could not have been more helpful and gave great advice about things to do. All in all it has a vibrant atmosphere and is great for young people to meet other travellers and enjoy the city.

This was a decent hostel, but the rooms didn't have power outlets to charge your devices. They require you to either charge your devices in the common room or leave them with the front desk staff to charge. The breakfast here was much better than expected!

Shower room was desighed well, the used water flowed to lower landscape. Supposed to have opened windows for the toilets that makes it cleaner. Too many people live at the same room which makes people are not easy to be friends.

Great Hostel! Will be staying here again for sure!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Wales

A canal over from the bars and attractions of the red light district and another canal away from the gay bars and attractions around reguliersdwarsstraat. Not super social since the bar closes super early. Was still able to meet interesting travelers. Clean and the staff is nice and helpful. The large lockers for the room where I stayed were outside the room in an extra wide hallway with mirrors and hooks; this dressing room made it easier to keep stuff organized and made the room less messy.

The staff was nice. Dorms were sort of crowded, but nice. Great location. Kind of hard to meet people because it was so big.

Generally a helpful and courteous staff, especially when guiding you through the city and providing deals on local attractions/venues. The breakfast wasn't particularly good, nor was it intuitively laid out, but it's included in the reservation, so I guess you can't complain too much about it. One of the best located hostels for sure.