Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2043 Total Reviews

So I didn't love the accommodations at Stayokay, they were 'okay', but the service and staff were absolutely amazing. Some of the best people I met over my two week trip in Europe, and for that reason I would recommend it to anyone. Unbeatable location as well. My phone got hijacked by a taxi driver who tried to bribe me for 75 euro to give it back. The kind staff at Stayokay helped me devise a plan to get it back. Thankful it worked. Hope to visit again soon.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Great you got your phone back, like it should! Some taxidrivers didn't raised well, but luckely the staff does;). It's also great you liked the location! I've got good news for you: This winter the accomodations will be renovated, so next year it can only be better over here. You're always welcome;) Have a nice day!

We had a lovely stay, everything was perfect. Great atmosphere, nice and laid-back. Great selection for breakfast and plenty of locker/bed space.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Thanks for your great review and comments! We are happy your holiday was nice and relaxed with us!

Okay so I got to Amsterdam like any other person ready for a great experience involving stuff you do on Amsterdam. I dislike this hostel immensely. The average age of the hostel was like 40 at least when I was there. No environment at all. Also one outlet for a whole room. Had to charge my phone downstairs with people who didn't want to talk. If you're looking for a party don't go here. Also breakfast ended at 9:30 in Amsterdam that's a crime!

no self-serve kitchen, prices went up a lot on the weekend. But so did everywhere else.

Overall it was good, bathroom was clean as well as the dorms. The bathroom needs something to dry our hands and the dorms need electrical sockets

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to read that you liked it here overall. Have a nice day!

The hostel was good and acceptable by any standard. All is good. TY

I would like to thank every staff of this hostel as they my time in Amsterdan so perfect. The breakfast is so nice. Thanks everybody.

• 28th Sep 2015

That really sweet of you! You are always welcome and we are delight you had a perfect time over here! Have a great day

Honestly, perfect location for a traveler and very clean. It may not be a "party" but you'll thank yourself when you get decent sleep and are able to get anywhere by foot. The staff were friendly as ever and the free breakfast is the best I've ever had. Will be back!

Hi there, thanks for your lovely review! You are very welcome to come back and stay again anytime!

The hostel is really nice and clean, breakfast is good, the location is good. just one bad thing: they don't have enough plugs in the bedrooms, you always have to charge your phone at the bar or in the hall (if there is anything free).

• 27th Sep 2015

We are making plans to build more plugs in to the rooms. Till that time it's possible to charge all your devices at the reception 24/7. I'm glad you liked the breakfast and location! Please visit us again! ciao

It lacks a bit of an atmosphere, a historic building like that would've easily had more potential imho. Security was very good, as they control key cards at every entrance. Value for money actually is ridiculous, but that's an Amsterdam problem, not a specific problem of this hostel. So you're getting a "good" here, even if 40 EUR for a 8 bed dorm is way too much compared to other big cities in Europe.

Our stay here was really good. There wasn't a super great atmosphere to meet other people, the bar wasn't really great but it was okay for us as we met people out at night. The girl at the front desk when we checked in was incredible. She helped us figure out which sites to see and recommended a bunch of things that ended up being awesome.

It is not a place to stay especially there being only 1 outlet in a room of 16people. They tell you to charge your phone downstairs but I'm not wasting my day sitting there waiting for it to get charged. The staff was awful they seemed very rude and did not bring a warm welcoming there. The good things were lockers were outside the rooms but I don't find it necessary that you need access to locker room and then your bedroom just have it be the bedroom

Hi there, You could hand in your devices at the reception for charging and pick it up 24/7, so you don't have to sit and wait. I will talk with the staff because they should never be rude to anyone, our apologize for this. The lockers are next to the room to save space in the rooms;) I hope you enjoyed Amsterdam! Have a great evening

All around terrible experience, if I was a solo traveler or in a small group I would avoid this hostel.

• 24th Sep 2015

Thanks for your review, we are sorry that you feel this way! For what it's worth we would like to let you know that during the weekend you stayed here we had a very loud group in the hostel. After this was reported our staff made sure that the next night their behavior was dealt with so that everyone could enjoy a good night sleep. We appreciate your opinion, if there is anything you would like to let us know please contact us via service@stayokay.vondelpark.com

Rooms and ensuite are not worth the money. I paid €50+ for a Friday night for a 10 bed dorm. Beds are comfortable enough, the room is a bit cramped. Free breakfast sort of makes up for it. Excellent brekky buffet!

The hostel is located at the downtown area and you can access to several attractions on foot. The dorm is spacious even it accomodates 16 people at a time. Both dorm and bathroom are clean and tidy. I had a really comfortable stay.

Thanks for your review, we are happy you had a comfortable stay with us!

The location is awesome! Overall, the hostel is pretty good. The dorm room I stayed in was clean but there weren't privacy curtains on the beds or individual lights like I've seen in other hostels. The bathroom was decent, although it didn't have anything to dry your hands with which was annoying. There is a lack of outlets in the dorms, but you can charge your electronics at the reception area for free. It's not the end of the world, but is something that would be useful to know ahead of time.

• 19th Sep 2015

Thanks for your review and feedback, we will take your comments to heart. We are planning to have more power outlets in the dorms in the near future. Kind regards

As for this price (we've paid 40 euro per night in room for 20 people) it should be better. Breakfasts are good. You cannot pay with card in the bar in hostel, only cash.

Overall the prices in Amsterdam are pretty high compare to other city's. We always try to keep the price as low as possible. Sorry this didn't work out for you, give it another try in low season;). We would like to see you again! Greetz

Good place to stay for location and cheap price. Free breakfast was nice. Recommended.

no lift. had to go 2 floors up with a heavy suitcase. 4,5 euro for a towel????

Nice location, staff helpful, relaxed and a in the morning- bonus! Enjoyed my stay, no problems! Will recommend..

• 13th Sep 2015

Thanks for your review, we are happy you had a relaxed stay with us!