Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Cleanliness gets a lower rating because of the facilities. Showers are stalls that share a same floor, meaning your soapy drainage makes it's way to your neighbour and vice versa. The rooms may be bigger dorms, but the way they are set up still give an impression of being slightly more private. Just hope for quiet room mates if you're actually wanting rest. The staff was very friendly and helpful, to the point where they were honest about some tourist traps and suggested alternative activities.

a very very economical hostel, especially for me as I visited on weekdays~ nevertheless, the breakfast is goddamn nice for a free one~ the bar (canteen) is such a good place to work or to relax~ big lockers~ the location is ideally central and there is also free walking tour~ the quilt is not that comfortable but meets the price~ the only drawback is there is a strange ordor in the bathroom, which is a pity... in general strongly recommended~

No hay enchufes en la habitacion y tenés que movilizarte hacia otro lado para cargar las cosas. Los baños no tienen ninguna escobilla y eso hace que esten sucios cuando no ocurre la limpieza. No tiene cocina y en el bar no hay conidas. Sólo paninis y ese tipo de cosas. El desayuno está incluido y es bueno, lo malo es que es hasta las9.30.

Hostel's is a stone's throw from the red light district. You can also walk to the various attractions further south of Rotterdam central. Big lockers to store luggages which were a plus. Breakfast was good too. They have a no food policy so do take note. Overall facilities were clean and well numbered (I.e. showers and toilets).

Visto che molti clienti sono anche italiani sarebbe cosa gradita se imparate qualche parola principale ..

• 10th Oct 2014

Overall good but if the big dorm doesnt have the plug points at each bed and it is inconvenient to charge anything during the sleep. Apart from that, staffs are very friendly and the breakfast is good!

Bar within the hostel was great. Location awesome, 5 minutes from the Red Light District. Rooms weren't amazing but they really only get used for sleeping when you're in Amsterdam! Met some cool people there too. Price was good during the week but gets a lot more expensive on the weekends. WiFi only in the common areas but no biggie. Pretty decent stay all around

So be forewarned that there are 3 different stayokays in the city of amsterdam. The bus driver gave me directions to the wrong one and when I got there they said I didn't have a reservation even though I did. I ended up staying at the wrong one just because I didn't feel like travelling anymore that day. I also had to pay twice as much to stay at this one even though it was further away from the city centre. Not to mention that there was a sketchy homeless person camped outsidethe entrance.

Perfect location for a hostel. The staff were friendly enough, the place just lacked atmosphere. Felt more like a hotel, and if you're room is on the first floor the closest bathroom is the floor above!

El hostel esta muy bien ubicado a unas 5 cuadras de plaza Dam. El desayuno es excelente. Los cuartos son grandes pero no tienen ni un solo enchufe para cargar baterias. Los lockers son grandes y te permiten guardas las cosas comodamente.

Even though it is a big hostel I still managed to meet people during breakfast and the common areas! The only annoying thing is that there are no power points in the rooms, but they make up for this by having some in the common areas..so it is not too bad. Beds, rooms and bathroom are clean. Pretty good value for money, I was happy with my choice!

Awesome place, staff are so relaxed and helpful. Easy to meet people at breakfast and at the bar. Good location.

very good location,helpful staff,and very comfortable beds. definitely coming back here next time.

Found the staff to be excellent and very helpful. Sharing a room with 20 people was surprisingly quiet and I slept well during the nights. As a man I don't mind sharing a bathroom with women, however could see that this might be a problem for some women. Of course the showers and toilets are enclosed, but the mirrors and wash basins are shared. Overall my experience here was excellent and I would happily return.

• 5th Oct 2014

Molto bello e pulito! La. Colazione è abbondante, si ha tantissima scelta è la caffetteria all'interno dell'ostello è bellissima!

• 5th Oct 2014

i am only saying poor on security as when we were there, our lockers got broken into. Luckily nothing valuable was stolen and our passports were still there however this is something the hostel need to look into as in most peoples minds, security is the most important factor.

• 4th Oct 2014

The location of this hostel was amazing but I feel like it was very expensive (weekend rate) for what it was. There are no lights or plugs beside the beds which I felt was a little annoying. Breakfast ends at 9:30 which I also felt was very early as most hostels I have stayed at end around 11. There was no real common area for which you can bring your own alcohol and hang out with friends. All this being said, the location was really very very good.

He estado 2 veces en Amsterdam y las dos me he alojado aquí. La ubicación es perfecta y el albergue esta realmente bien.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Spain

There were places to lock your stuff away, and you needed a key to get into the place. The location is excellent. It's close to everything. The staff was friendly. However, the guy at night wasn't that helpful. I don't know that it was his fault. One night, the internet went out. He said that he was unable to fix it. He doesn't have access to the router. Why would this be true? It might be, but he should have permission to fix the internet. We need it! It's clean. I'd recommend it.

Good value for money sort walking distance to red light district and centre of town. Nice quite location, no kitchen. All in all good place to stay highly recommend.