Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2043 Total Reviews

Good staff and location but there were some quirks with the hostel. For example, guest's friends could not go to the bar without ID, even when accompanied by hotel customer. Very few plug sockets. I stayed in the 20 bed dorm and the only lights were above people's bunks which made using them a real problem.

Hi there, We are sorry the access was denied for your friends. Unfortunately we have to follow some rules because of the security of the hostel. However I hope you found a cool bar close to the hostel in the bubbly citycenter of Amsterdam. Thanks for your rating and review! Have a nice day

El hostel estaba bastante bien, habitaciones grandes, el desayuno genial, el personal encantador y se agradece que hagan el esfuerzo de hablar español. Nos gusto tambien la idea de que el free tour empezase en el hostel. Sin embargo, la ultima noche no se podia dormir porque habia un grupo de amigas bebiendo y hablando en la habitacion.

Everything was perfect! Particularly the fact that everything was very well organised, clean and people were respectful and quiet at night in the 16 people bedroom I was sharing. Breakfast was nice as well! Don't forget to bring your own padlock for using the lockers. The best was the location! During my 4 day stay I didn´t need to use any tram neither bus to go to the main landmarks. If you arrive at the Central train station you can even get to the hostel on foot:.It's only 5-10 minutes away!

The location is good, but the directions in the email need to be updated as the tram stop depictedl "didn't exist anymore." Though the staff were friendly, there were multiple occasions in which my payments had been mixed up and underpayed. I had a staff member approach me in my bed to get me to correct the same payment I fixed the day before. There were broken bottles in our room that werent cleaned up. Overpriced with the drama aside, and for the hassle I had to deal with everyday of my stay.

• 13th Oct 2015

I'm sorry you had this experience! We are glad you came to the reception to pay the different we forgot, thanks for that. Because of the hassle my colleague gave you a few free drinks to compensate, I hope you liked it. We clean the hostel everyday but when there is something not right please come to the reception so we can clean it immediately. Nevertheless I still hope you loved our city. Kind regards.

Me tocó en el 4to piso. no hay ascensores, asique solo escalera. desayuno muy rico y completo. 8euros sale lavar ropa. te tenes que armar tu cama y despues llevar las sabanas a lavar cuando haces el check out. si no llevaste toallon, 4,50 euros sale comprar una, no alquilan. Me pareció muy bueno pero bastante incomodo por las escaleras.

I was at the hostel for one night and it was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed staying at this place and would be staying here itself when ever I visit Amsterdam next time. The room rates are bit expensive but due to the fact that breakfast is included it covers up for the high cost. The staff is very friendly and they help you with all the questions that you have. The breakfast is just amazing !!! PS:I was staying in 10 bed dorm and there was only one socket to charge phone. Please add more.

A great stay. Staff was awesome the place was clean and well maintained and the large dorm was arranged in a way that made it feel smaller and more private with adequate space. wonderful location as well. Wasn't happy about the more than doubling of the price on the weekend. I'd would highly recommend staying there. The breakfast could have had more options for vegans.

Great location! Clean and otherwise nice. No kitchen to cook your own food...

I would not go back nor recommand this place. Had to go 2 floors down to shower and use toilet (only one toilet on my floor deserving many rooms). My bunkbed was the top one and had no security stopper and wasnt lying on the wall so was scared to rool down at night. Only 2 electric socket for the whole dorm. The breakfast was good and complete, although I arrived 20 mins before it finished, they didnt replenish the missing items. I switched hostel for the remaining of my trip. Dont go there.

It's unfortunate you felt this way, we are sorry. You're right about the toilet and sockets in the room. There is one toilet on the topfloor that you share with one small private room. One floor down there are also many toilets and showers just like the first floor you mentioned. At the reception you can charge all your devices 24/7, maybe you missed it? I still hope you had a great time in Amsterdam! Have a nice day!

This hostel is very unclean. One night into my stay I contracted conjunctivitis (pink eye) because of their low standards for cleaning. The communal bathroom was out of a horror movie, and constantly smelled. The location was so perfect, I just wish they kept their facilities more livable and enjoyable.

• 10th Oct 2015

Thanks for your review, we are very sad to hear that you had so many complaints about the cleaning, and moreover we are sorry to hear them after you have left. Our cleaning staff works in the morning and the evening so whenever there is something that's not up to standard we can actually fix this straight away. Good to know you still liked our location and we hope that you had a great time in Amsterdam!

It's right in the centre which is great. But I stayed in a 20 bed room and there was 1 plug socket to share. So my phone was dead most of the trip. The bar has some places to charge your phone but its only open til 11 so if you arrive late you just have to sit in reception and hope you can get one of the 4 sockets for charging electronics. Decent lockers so pretty secure. My room was up about 6 flights of stairs and there's no lift which is not fun with a backpack. Not really a fun hostel

HI there, You could also give your phone to the staff behind the reception. They can charge all your devices 24/7, maybe you missed it? I can imagine that the stairs can be ruff but I hope you managed it to your room. I still hope you liked Amsterdam and had a lot of fun in the citycenter! Have a nice day

Great hostel with topnotch facilities in a good location! Staff was usually very friendly. One thing that bothered us was the fact that all outdoor facilities such as the roof top terrace closed quite early. Moreover, the balcony of our room wasn't accessible for most of the time. Therefore, the air in our dorm was quite stuffy.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location, good breakfast, more than I expected from the average hostel

Stayed at two okay hostels and loved both of them.One downtown was smaller/older with larger dorms, however it felt spacious in the room even with 20 people. The other one was quite large newer and very well maintained. It had 6 bed rooms that were ensuite. I was in two rooms there. One felt pretty spacious (only had 3 in the room), the other one a bit cramped with 6. The staff at both were outstanding. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and helpful.

Great that you had a chance to visit both our locations in Amsterdam, they are really different from each other, glad to know you saw both their charms ;) Thanks for your score and comments! Hope to see you back again

place was fantastic . LOCATION AND BREAKFAST VERY GOOD

Was suppose to stay three nights, but woke with bites on my arms & hands. I went to the desk & the man insisted that they were mosquito bites. I live in Michigan, where I was covered in mosquito bites all summer- these were NOT mosquito bites!!!!!!! Was highly disappointed in how it was taken care of. I didn't receive a cent back for my stay, & left that same morning irritated. I will NEVER stay at a stayokay again.

• 7th Oct 2015

First of all i'm sorry you had this experience and I hope the mosquito bites are gone now! After you talked to my collegue at the desk he had a look at your bites, but also your room! He and a collegue inspected your room but didn't find anything suspecious or dangerous. To comfort you they gave you new sheets and even desinfected your bed! We take any sort of bites highly serious that's why they inspected everything! If you want you can contact us at: service@stayokay.com. Kind regards

I've stayed in this hostel before, I liked it but it wasn't as good as other times. It still is a good hostel but this time the atmosphere was not as good but the staff is friendly enough, the location is amazing

I hope you still met a lot of cool guests in our bar and had a pleasant time in Amsterdam! Maybe the next time is better than the last time you were here;) Have a nice day!

So I didn't love the accommodations at Stayokay, they were 'okay', but the service and staff were absolutely amazing. Some of the best people I met over my two week trip in Europe, and for that reason I would recommend it to anyone. Unbeatable location as well. My phone got hijacked by a taxi driver who tried to bribe me for 75 euro to give it back. The kind staff at Stayokay helped me devise a plan to get it back. Thankful it worked. Hope to visit again soon.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Great you got your phone back, like it should! Some taxidrivers didn't raised well, but luckely the staff does;). It's also great you liked the location! I've got good news for you: This winter the accomodations will be renovated, so next year it can only be better over here. You're always welcome;) Have a nice day!

We had a lovely stay, everything was perfect. Great atmosphere, nice and laid-back. Great selection for breakfast and plenty of locker/bed space.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Thanks for your great review and comments! We are happy your holiday was nice and relaxed with us!

Muy bueno recomendable 100%

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Spain

Muchas gracias! Hasta luego!