Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nos pareció un buen hostel, el único inconveniente, el día que llegamos hacia mucho calor y en la habitación hacia mucho mas calor que fuera de ella.

Liked: Good secure hostel. Liked the Eco idea of using our sources, so be ready to do everything by yourself and don't forget to turn off the lights in. Liked a bar and choice of drinks. Didn't like: The room we used this time was not very comfortable, there was no air at all and too many beds around, so you feel not very cosy.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Estonia

Great you liked our Eco idea of using sources! Stayokay is a "green" hostel and we think it's very important to be good for our environment and planet! Sorry for the inconvenience you felt about the rooms. I have to say it was abnormal warm last week and there was no wind to cool the rooms down. We had a few fans to borrow as a solution, I hope you had one. Please have a look at Stayokay Vondelpark next time because they provide smaller rooms;) Thanks for the review! Have a nice day!

Not a lot tends to bother me but I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel. Non-existent atmosphere made it hard to meet people. Two outlets in a 20-person room is ridiculous, which is apparently for 'security reasons' however I would feel more secure charging my phone in a room than finding a random outlet around the hostel. For nearly €40 a night you expect a lot more from a hostel.

Hi there. We always try to give everybody a warm welcome and we have a bar and many things to do to meet people, sorry this didn't work out for you. You can charge all your devices at the reception, so yes it's more safe if you ask me;). Amsterdam is an expensive place to live or stay. I also don't like it as a local but it is what it is unfortunately. Nevertless the hostel is always trying to keep the price as low as possible compare to other hostels. I still hope you liked Amsterdam a lot. Gr.

Do not stay here. Especially in the summer. The only good thing about this hostel was the breakfast that was included. There was no air conditioning or fans so it uncomfortably hot in the whole hostel. The wifi sucked, and there was only 1 plug in the rooms, and I stayed in a 12 bed dorm so you can see the problem. If you are staying one night this is probably okay, but anymore than that, find somewhere else to stay because it's not worth it.

I'm sorry you did not had a great stay. We had a heatwave in the Netherlands so you're right about the heat. Unfortunately we can not control the weather, but we did provide some fans at the reception. Because it's a monument building we don't have enough plugs in the room but as a solution you can charge all your devices at the reception, this is also more safe;). Please come back a other time when it's more cooler in Amsterdam. Thanks for your review and rating! Have a great evening! Greetings

The one positive thing I can say about this hostel is that the location is prime. We were trapped in the upstairs dorm room with ZERO air circulation (keep in mind it was 100 degrees inside the room) and the staff refused to do anything to relieve us of our heat exhaustion. I will never stay in one of StayOkay hostels ever again and I will never recommend them to anyone. It was inhumane to keep us in that room.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi! I'm glad you liked the location! We do have a airsystem that circulates the air, but we don't have a AC because it's never warmer than 28 degrees in The Netherlands, so we don't need it much. It was just bad luck you stayed here while we had an heatwave in The Netherlands. The staff was willing to help you but they don't have the power to change the weather unfortunately. I hope you found some refreshment outside the hostel or could borrow a fan at the reception! Have a pleasant day! Regards

Hostel bem localizado e limpo, porém não tem tomadas e nem lockers nos quartos. A quipe do hostel não promove mini eventos para a confraternização dos hóspedes

• 30th Jun 2015

Great location, only 15-20 minute walk to central station and 10-15 minute walk to all major locations in Amsterdam but it's in a university/residential area so it's quiet at night. Rooms get very hot overnight and there's no fan/AC. Breakfast is nothing spectacular but at least it's included. The bar was never crowded but you can always meet people charging phones in the reception area. Some staff are nice and some are rude, depends on your luck!

Hi and thanks for your review, sorry to hear that our staff was a hit and miss for you. We try to keep everybody happy here the best we can so we will discuss this in our team. Glad to know that you liked our location and still had a good time here in Amsterdam!

Bien situé au centre mais bruyant;il serait bon de faire un peu plus de prévention au niveau du respect du sommeil des autres.Notre groupe a été très gêné par des rentrées bruyantes à 2h, 3h, ou 4 heures du matin: garçons et filles qui n'avaient aucun souci du sommeil des autres.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Good and clean. However, there were no towels to be rented and like 2 sockets for 20 people to charge phones.

Hello how are you today? You can buy towels here for just €4,50 and you can take them home as a souvenir;). At the reception you can charge all your devices as a solution, this is also more safe by the way. Thanks for the review and rating. Hopefully till next time! Groeten!

One of our favourite hostels we stayed in which was close to Dam Square and other big attractions. The map given to us at reception which also had discounts to various things proved very useful! We were apprehensive at first with a 20 bed mixed dorm however we ended up in an all female 16 bed dorm that had a lovely friendly atmosphere. More plug sockets for chargers are needed in such big rooms however it was good that we good charge phones at the reception. The breakfast buffet was good too!

Great staff. Very friendly.

• 24th Jun 2015

Super! Thanks for the compliment about our staff, you make them happy with it! See you next time;)

Excellent place to stay when in Amsterdam.

Thanks for this amazing review! Come back anytime! Have a great day.

Good central location so really good access to a lot of stuff to do. Directions on how to get there from the central station could have been more detailed as it was quite difficult to find our way.

• 19th Jun 2015

Hi there! Thanks for your review and rating first of all! And it's nice to read you liked the location and attractions! At our Facebook page we also have detailed directions to the hostel even with pictures;), but luckily you found it!! We would like to see you an other time! Have a great day, ciao

Location was amazing!! 10-15 min walk away from most everything interesting in AMS. Rooms were large even with 16 people in them, we only had two outlets but made it work. Bathrooms were coed and basic, could have been cleaner but weren't terrible. Vibe from other hostelers was not great though (not that i can blame the hostel). For two girls traveling alone its pretty annoying to be cat-called while going to breakfast in the hostel. Otherwise, it was a good hostel and i recommend it.

Hi there! I'm glad you liked the hostel so much! On the other side I can imagine it's annoying to be cat-called. I hope you take the cat-call as a compliment or a desperate attempt for attention;) We would like to see you another time!! Have a great day and thanks for staying with us!

Be sure to bring ear plugs!!

• 18th Jun 2015

Hi there, you can also buy earplugs if you need some. I still hope you had a great stay with us and some night rest too. See you next time! Cheers!

Was a great place to stay while in Amsterdam staff where friendly and nice and facilities where always clean!

Thanks for your review! Great you had a awesome time in Amsterdam! Have a great day too!

Super friendly staff! Even at late hours of the night!

Great everybody was friendly for you, that's how it should be all the time;) See you next time! Have a wonderful day!

A little bit expensive but close to the city center, also there is no luggage room you got to pay for a locker on the hostel

Loved staying here! Easy access to everything. The bathrooms could be cleaned more but otherwise felt very safe. Stayed in a 20 person room and had no problems sleeping.

Hi there, It's great you had a good nights rest and felt safe, that's really important to us! We love to see you again! Have a great day!

The lack of sockets was an issue, only two sockets in a room for 20 people and in an awkward position .

You are right about the sockets, that's why we provide a powerplant at the reception. Please bring all you devices for charging to the reception next time, we will help you;) I hope you enjoyed the citycenter! Have a good day!