Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stayokay comfortable enough and breakfast was included which was nice. Staff were helpful. The bathrooms could have been a little more clean though.

Tiene perfecta ubicación, es muy fácil llegar al hostal y de ahí a cualquier zona de Ámsterdam. El lugar es muy limpio. El inconveniente que tiene es la falta de enchufes en las habitaciones, forzosamente tenía que bajar a recepción a cargar mis dispositivos y el wifi solo funciona en la sala común. El desayuno es bueno y el personal muy amable. Lo recomiendo ampliamente, de lo más barato y mejor en esta ciudad.

Only other thing I would have liked to see were more chargers in the large dorm rooms. Otherwise staff was very helpful and flexible.

It's good to know that the staff was very helpful and flexible! It's also possible to charge your devices at the reception, this is also more safe:). We look forward to see you again! Have a good day!

Amei o hostel! O único problema é que não existe tomadas suficientes no quarto e o banheiro cheio de cabelo no chão!

• 29th May 2015

Olá. Temos um ponto de carregamento na recepção. Esta solução para o pequeno número de pontos de venda nos quartos. Que bom que você gostou do hostel! Nós esperamos vê-lo novamente em breve! bom dia

Great stay.

Thanks for this awesome review. You make my day!

The hostel did not have a very friendly atmosphere. It felt as though I had booked in a low-end hotel. While I do understand it is not a party hostel, the older demographic should be taken note of for any young travellers seeking a lively atmosphere.

Hi there, The location of the hostel is in the most lively atmosphere you will find in Amsterdam. You can party everywhere nearby the hostel (redlight district, rembrandtplein you name it). It's a pitty that the atmosphere was not friendly for you. We always try to give you a warm welcome and help you with your needs. I hope we will meet again! Have a great day!

Although we all booked independently, we didn't think it would be hard to put the 5 people in my group all together. The front desk lady said it would take her "way too long" to reconfigure the rooms to make sure this worked out so we were stuck at 3 in one room and 2 in another. The two beds next to me, were left unoccupied each night so I can't imagine it would've taken too long to do. There's no outlets in the room so you have to take your phone and charger downstairs to charge at night.

Hi there! We always try to put people together if they want that. Maybe the room was booked by others already and they didn't show up or the hostel was fully booked so we couldn't move you to a other room. We can not know that you are all together when you all have independently bookings without letting us know. Please send us a email next time before arrival so we can fix it on time. Thanks and we see you next time! Have a great day

Los baños estaban casi dos plantas más arriba de la habitación. No hay casi enchufes, prácticamente solo en la recepción. En las camas de arriba de las literas faltaba una barandilla por un lado, con lo cual era peligroso. Los baños estaban sucios en general. Lo bueno es la ubicación. la amabilidad del personal y el desayuno.

• 21st May 2015
  • Spain

Hola gracias por el comentario! Todo, por supuesto, deben estar limpias y por lo tanto también todos los días todo limpio durante todo el día. Ven junto a la recepción para que podamos resolver el mismo. Me alegro de que el personal era tan bueno como la ubicación;) Esperamos verte de nuevo! buen día

Each bed does NOT have an outlet which I think should be standard at every hostel. There were two outlets in our 20 bed dorm room and I managed to snag one. However, these outlets were located in the middle of the wall, so there was nowhere to rest my phone. I had to leave it hanging. Other than that everything else was fantastic. Free breakfast, nice facilities, clean sheets, and great sleep.

You can also charge your devices at the reception. Because it's a monument building there are just a few plugs in the room. Sorry for the inconvience but we see you next time at the reception;) Have a great day!

The atmosphere was decent, but the rooms and bathrooms were dirty. The staff was nice. The beds were very loud and every time you rolled over it was a huge scene. We stayed in a 20 bed mixed dorm and hated it. We were mixed in with 50 year old men and were very uncomfortable. They shouldn't allow such old people to stay there. The wifi was decent and the free breakfast was pretty good. Good location in the city, but I won't be going back. Very loud outside our windows at night.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We do not have an age limit in our hostel, and we do not ever intend to deny access to elderly people. We encourage a mix of all ages and backgrounds! Sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable; our staff is always ready to help you out and could have placed you in a different dorm for sure. Hope you enjoyed Amsterdam nevertheless, kind regards!

Everyone was great

Hello, Thanks for this awesome review! We hope to see you next time!

Great location! Was able to walk into the red light district and main centre of town easily enough. The free breakfast was great! Rooms were good, although there was only 2 outlets in the whole room which meant you didn't get much chance to charge things. Over all the hostel was great and was located very near everything.

Hi! We are really glad you had a great time over here! We like to see you a other time. Cheers!

More electric point in the bedrooms mirror in the bedroom

• 13th May 2015
  • Wales

Hi there, You are right about the plugs. It's not possible to build more plugs because it's a monument building. As solution we have a powerpoint behind the reception were we can charge everything for you;) Thanks for the rating and review. Have a great day!

The people in hostel are good, but there is so much desorganization over there. It's just like a mess and very dirty. Besides that, I was stolen there, someone move out my luggage and take off some personal thing, I made a cop registration and stayed by that. The main problem in this hostel is to get money more than life experience for the hosts, just like, we have to pay for all we need there, just needed paied to breath, it's insane! Of course, I would NOT recommend this hostel

Hello and thank you for your review, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with having something taken from your bag! We always advise to keep your belongings in a locker for this reason. We keep our bed prices low in the center of Amsterdam, that's why the towels and padlocks are optional to buy, many backpackers already bring their own. Have a great day, regards!

My friend has been stolen, but the hostel give no reaction!

• 9th May 2015
  • China

Hello, we are really sorry about your friends lost belongings. I spoke to my colleague that helped you that day. I hope you went to the police to make a police report about this incident, like my colleague suggested. Please use your lockers next time instead of leaving all your valuables on your bed. We hope the police will catch someone and you will have everything back! When you need anything we will try to help you. You can contact us at stadsdoelen@stayokay.com. Regards, Ruben

I would recommend staying at this hostel. I felt safe walking up and down the canal on which it is located. It has very good WiFi, calls can be made in the room. It is secure, guests must be buzzed in by front staff, show their keycards, then pass through two keycarded doors to get to sleeping areas. They have huge lockers close to the rooms. Bar food is mediocre but they have free breakfast. Beds and pillows are nice. The only bad thing is that there are no outlets close to the beds.

Hi and thanks for your review, glad to know you can appreciate our security, we do our best to make our guest feel safe. Regards and have a great day!

地點與火車站遠腳程之內,離景點也近,但員工態度一般,房內插頭不多要同人爭,但有WIFI 真係如名stayokay

Very good location, nice view from the room, quiet and good atmosphere

Shortage of sockets in bedrooms is only negative.

Everything was great, good location, 15 walk from main station and majority of other things, only thing that let it down was the atmosphere, which isn't all the hostels fault, enjoyed my stay nethertheless

Thanks for your review and rating! You're right about the location, it's in the city-center so everything is easy to reach. Please come back next year with kingsday, the atmosphere is at that time beyond dreams;) It's nice that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you next year;) Have a great day!