Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was okay, staff was unhelpful. The night receptionist was especially unhelpful and rude.

Hi Dominic! I'm happy to hear that the Hostel was okay. However we consider friendliness and hospitality of our staff members as very important. Therefore we will definitely look into what happened at the time of your stay. It's also possible to send us a email if you like, so we have more details about your experiences: service@vondelpark.stayokay.com. I like to hear from you, thanks! KInd regards, Ruben

It was ok. Not anything spectacular but it was good for the two nights we were there. Breakfast was good in a chill area but otherwise a pricy for what we got overall in facilities (20 person room, community bathroom, ect.) Not my first recommendation but it wasn't bad

• 28th Feb 2015

Super friendly staff, great lobby and bar area, and loved the breakfast in the morning. Didn't love how there wasn't any wifi in the rooms (only in common areas), and the bathrooms were average. However, great location and great atmosphere!

• 27th Feb 2015

Hi Madison, thanks for the feedback. We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. The WiFi will be improved this spring. So next time it must be better than it already was;) See you soon! Ruben

The atmosphere and the people working here suckk!!!!! Absolutely terrible customer service/hospitality. Cold people and they're so restricting in all their rules. Would definitely recommend any other hostel besides this one (Flying pig Downtown is good). Seriously, this place sucks. The only good I have to say is that it was a nice location and it was relatively clean.

• 27th Feb 2015

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you liked our location and the cleanliness of the hostel. We are, however, very sorry to hear about your other experiences. We consider friendliness and hospitality of our staff members as very important. Therefore we will definitely look into what happened at the time of your stay. In order to get all the details straight, we would like to ask you to send an email to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com and tell us what exactly happened.

Clean, safe, well-located, flexible and polite staffs

We always try to give the best to everyone! I'm really glad you had a wonderful time here! Thanks a lot! Ruben

Las habitaciones para 20 personas cuentan unicamente von un solo enchufe y ningjna zapatilla, por lo que todas las noches habia discusiones por quien lo usaba. Mo todas las camas tienen luz propia, si la persona de sl lado se fotmia no pifia ver nada porque ni en mi cama ni la de mi hermana habia luz. Tuvimos que subir al 3er pisovon valijas muy grandes y no habia ascendor ni el personal se ofrecio aayudarnos.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

This hostel is a charming old building and there's no elevator unfortunately, sorry for that! This spring we will have plenty of plugs into the room and also WiFi;) I hope you loved our beautiful city and you had a good time. I wish to see you again! Have a great day! Ruben

The bar staff was incredibly friendly and helpful but some of the reception staff was a bit rude. They did their job well just not always in the most friendly fashion. The bathrooms were fine, about what you get at most hostile. The rooms were very standard and as I was only in them to sleep they served their purpose well with decent mattresses and clean sheets.

Hey Ashley, I'm sorry to hear that the reception staff was a bit rude. Also they should be friendly like the bar staff. I will ask them about this and I will tell the bar staff about your compliment;) I hope you loved our city! Thanks for the feedback and hopefully till next time! Kind regards Rubenn

Excellent location and value, nice layout of the building. The staff was usually helpful and friendly. This place has a large volume of persons traveling through. Right on the canal, right in downtown.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Only compliments, that's great! We are really proud of our Hostel! Thanks and have a nice evening.

Hostel bom, limpo, bem-localizado e com um preço até aceitável, o café da manhã é completo e até bom. A internet é um pouco ruim, e não existem tomadas individuais, algumas poucas na recepção e pode deixar carregando junto à recepção pelo menos.

Thanks for all your compliments about the hostel! More and more people want to be online everywhere they are. To fill this need we will install WiFi in the whole building this spring. There will also be plenty of plugs in to the rooms this spring;) See you next time! Ruben

Clean,tidy,in a good location,breakfast was great and when I go back to Amsterdam I'd happily stay here again. My only gripe was one of the 6 staff I met was a little bit rude,the others were friendly and happy to help with any questions you may have.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad the most staff were really nice to you, that's also the standard here. We will take this feedback in consulation and a will talk about it with the staff. I'm really glad that you want to stay here again, that's amazing! Greets.

Faltan enchufes en las habitaciones y ofrecer alquiler de bicicletas para huespedes. Dan descuentos insignificantes pero no tienen propias.

It's true we don't have our own bike rental in this hostel, sorry for this. But luckely we cooperate with a bike rental. At the reception you can also have a discount and pick up your bike at a bike rental nearby. Have a great evening!

Was very pleased regarding every aspect of this hostel. Staff were very lovely and helpful, great location close to De Wallen, clean facilities. Someone vomited in the stairs the night I stayed (something that must happen with frequency) and it was cleaned up quickly and without grimace. Thanks for a great stay.

• 14th Feb 2015

Your welcome and we always try to clean things as soon as possible especially when something happens. The location is great and we are happy that you liked the staff, this motivates them more and more too. Thanks! Ruben

In a very good place in Amsterdam, friendly personal, whatever you need they will help you, great bar, good breakfast, no kitchen.

Wauw what a wonderful review, thanks for that! We see you next time! Greets!

no power plugs for each bed, why? for meet people in the bar?

Bonjour! We have a lot of power plugs at the reception for now and this spring we also will have plenty of power plugs into the rooms. So the next time you will visit us, it must be just perfect for you;). Bonne journée!

Hostel was lovely and location was definitely worth the money. Only problem was there was one plug socket in the dorms to share between multiple people however you could give things to reception overnight to charge, but it could be a pain.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Wales

You're right about the plugs and we really want to improve this. Probably this spring we will have enough plugs in to the rooms. But as you were saying already, you're always welcome at the reception for charging your devices and a little chat:) Thanks for the feedback! Have a good day!

O hostel realmente não vale aquilo que se paga, em um quarto de 20 pessoas não se tem nem animação nem uma boa qualidade de sono. Embora seja um quarto para 20 pessoas é bem custoso! O café da manhã é bem mais ou menos. A qualidade é a localização que é muito boa, mas mesmo assim para estar em amsterdam eu não recomendaria.

We always try to maintain a fair price compared to other hostels. It's obviously very important for us, that you have a good night's sleep! Please come to the reception for a solution next time ,than we can help you right away;) Cheers! Ruben

Would never recommend stayok to anyone... my phones got stolen, my friends luggages got ripped apart etc..

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hostel. We understand it is frustrating this happened. We checked our system, and noticed you did not notify us about these events during your stay. We would have helped you at the desk and filled a police report for you etc. We do take safety of our guests and their belongings very seriously. Therefore, I would like to ask you to send us a details email about what happened to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com

Pontos positivos: lockers grandes que cabem o mochilão; café da manha bom; localização super boa ao lado da red lights; recepcionistas super atenciosas e boas exceto um que ficava na madrugada que era grosso. Pontos negativos: wifi só na recepção e acho que tinha uma tomada no quarto; banheiro no segundo andar e cheirava as vezes. De resto muito bom! Recomendo!!

This spring there's also Wifi available in the room;). The location is perfect indeed just like the staff! Thanks! Ruben

Doesn't have great atmosphere. Hostel was clean but the bathroom os not the best. Really good location.

The toilets in the bathroom could be improved: - the sinks should have a hand soap dispenser! At least one. This would be more hygienic and would not be that expensive! - The shower cubicle does not have enough supports to place the dry clothes. The staff is excellent, very helpful, and it by far the best asset of the hostel. Please continue like that!

hi there great to hear you liked our staff. I have forwarded your suggestion about the soap dispenser to our cleaning department. Regards Jesse Front Office & Customer Service.