Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The facilities were clean, all the staff were polite with me (some of them were very friendly). The security level at the hostel was enough for me. The breakfast was good. In my room there was only one plug for 20 people use, indeed, but I managed the issue by leaving my cellphone to recharge the battery at the reception. I've liked staying in Stadsdoelen. I've got to know a plenty of cool people there. Probably would go back in a next time!

I actually really did enjoy the facilities and thought the layout was very nice, however, the facility earns an 'average' because the lack of electrical outlets was extremely difficult to work with. Very frustrating to being able to charge things at night because there were no outlets near beds and only one in a massive dorm.

This was the worst hostel experience I have ever had. The staff was unwilling to do anything about the problems that arose, including the mouse that was scurrying and making noise throughout the night. I gave them 24 hours notice that I would not be staying for the second night of my reservation because is was such a nightmare and they refused to give me any sort of refund. I've stayed in Stayokay hostels in various places in the world and I will never again after this experience.

• 5th Mar 2015

Hi Katherine. We are sorry to hear about your experiences at the hostel. I can see that my coworkers cancelled the second night for you as you asked for. Sometimes it's not possible to give a refund because of the policy some providers have, sorry for that. I would like to ask you to send us a details email about what happened to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com so we can look into this. Kind regards, Ruben Front office team

For the amount they charged it seemed kinda ridiculous. It has basic facilities but wifi is very spotty. Barely reached the rooms and had little sockets so had to go charge down at the bar/lobby area. Location was excellent though and always hot showers :)

Hey Jessica! Always good to have a hot shower in the winter;) The Wifi will be improved this spring, sorry for the inconvience. At the reception it's possible to charge your devices and have a little chat;) Thanks for the review and ratings. I hope to see you another time! Cheers Ruben.

Hostel was okay, staff was unhelpful. The night receptionist was especially unhelpful and rude.

Hi Dominic! I'm happy to hear that the Hostel was okay. However we consider friendliness and hospitality of our staff members as very important. Therefore we will definitely look into what happened at the time of your stay. It's also possible to send us a email if you like, so we have more details about your experiences: service@vondelpark.stayokay.com. I like to hear from you, thanks! KInd regards, Ruben

It was ok. Not anything spectacular but it was good for the two nights we were there. Breakfast was good in a chill area but otherwise a pricy for what we got overall in facilities (20 person room, community bathroom, ect.) Not my first recommendation but it wasn't bad

• 28th Feb 2015

Super friendly staff, great lobby and bar area, and loved the breakfast in the morning. Didn't love how there wasn't any wifi in the rooms (only in common areas), and the bathrooms were average. However, great location and great atmosphere!

• 27th Feb 2015

Hi Madison, thanks for the feedback. We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. The WiFi will be improved this spring. So next time it must be better than it already was;) See you soon! Ruben

The atmosphere and the people working here suckk!!!!! Absolutely terrible customer service/hospitality. Cold people and they're so restricting in all their rules. Would definitely recommend any other hostel besides this one (Flying pig Downtown is good). Seriously, this place sucks. The only good I have to say is that it was a nice location and it was relatively clean.

• 27th Feb 2015

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you liked our location and the cleanliness of the hostel. We are, however, very sorry to hear about your other experiences. We consider friendliness and hospitality of our staff members as very important. Therefore we will definitely look into what happened at the time of your stay. In order to get all the details straight, we would like to ask you to send an email to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com and tell us what exactly happened.

Clean, safe, well-located, flexible and polite staffs

We always try to give the best to everyone! I'm really glad you had a wonderful time here! Thanks a lot! Ruben

The bar staff was incredibly friendly and helpful but some of the reception staff was a bit rude. They did their job well just not always in the most friendly fashion. The bathrooms were fine, about what you get at most hostile. The rooms were very standard and as I was only in them to sleep they served their purpose well with decent mattresses and clean sheets.

Hey Ashley, I'm sorry to hear that the reception staff was a bit rude. Also they should be friendly like the bar staff. I will ask them about this and I will tell the bar staff about your compliment;) I hope you loved our city! Thanks for the feedback and hopefully till next time! Kind regards Rubenn

Excellent location and value, nice layout of the building. The staff was usually helpful and friendly. This place has a large volume of persons traveling through. Right on the canal, right in downtown.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Only compliments, that's great! We are really proud of our Hostel! Thanks and have a nice evening.

Clean,tidy,in a good location,breakfast was great and when I go back to Amsterdam I'd happily stay here again. My only gripe was one of the 6 staff I met was a little bit rude,the others were friendly and happy to help with any questions you may have.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad the most staff were really nice to you, that's also the standard here. We will take this feedback in consulation and a will talk about it with the staff. I'm really glad that you want to stay here again, that's amazing! Greets.

Was very pleased regarding every aspect of this hostel. Staff were very lovely and helpful, great location close to De Wallen, clean facilities. Someone vomited in the stairs the night I stayed (something that must happen with frequency) and it was cleaned up quickly and without grimace. Thanks for a great stay.

• 14th Feb 2015

Your welcome and we always try to clean things as soon as possible especially when something happens. The location is great and we are happy that you liked the staff, this motivates them more and more too. Thanks! Ruben

no power plugs for each bed, why? for meet people in the bar?

Bonjour! We have a lot of power plugs at the reception for now and this spring we also will have plenty of power plugs into the rooms. So the next time you will visit us, it must be just perfect for you;). Bonne journée!

Hostel was lovely and location was definitely worth the money. Only problem was there was one plug socket in the dorms to share between multiple people however you could give things to reception overnight to charge, but it could be a pain.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Wales

You're right about the plugs and we really want to improve this. Probably this spring we will have enough plugs in to the rooms. But as you were saying already, you're always welcome at the reception for charging your devices and a little chat:) Thanks for the feedback! Have a good day!

Would never recommend stayok to anyone... my phones got stolen, my friends luggages got ripped apart etc..

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hostel. We understand it is frustrating this happened. We checked our system, and noticed you did not notify us about these events during your stay. We would have helped you at the desk and filled a police report for you etc. We do take safety of our guests and their belongings very seriously. Therefore, I would like to ask you to send us a details email about what happened to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com

Doesn't have great atmosphere. Hostel was clean but the bathroom os not the best. Really good location.

The toilets in the bathroom could be improved: - the sinks should have a hand soap dispenser! At least one. This would be more hygienic and would not be that expensive! - The shower cubicle does not have enough supports to place the dry clothes. The staff is excellent, very helpful, and it by far the best asset of the hostel. Please continue like that!

hi there great to hear you liked our staff. I have forwarded your suggestion about the soap dispenser to our cleaning department. Regards Jesse Front Office & Customer Service.

Excellent, secure, clean and well run hostel. I suggest getting a electrician in and running some sockets in the rooms, mine only had i socket for 10 people. Otherwise and excellent hostel.

thank you ! You can charge stuff @ reception. No problems.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »