Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A depressing number of power outlets per room making it very inconvenient to charge phones or cameras. Not much done to create lively and enjoyable hostel atmosphere, but I guess no one goes to Amsterdam to sit in the hostel anyway!

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. We do have a cool bar to hang out, or perhaps in one of the couches in the lobby? Good to see you enjoyed Amsterdam till the fullest and liked our hostel too. Regards, Jesse

A good place, very close to all the cool stuff. The only issue, no plugs in the room for your electronic devices, kind of inconvenient.

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. Thanks for great mark, happy you enjoyed your stay ! Jesse

The 8 bedroom dorm I stayed in was better than the female one I got this time. No sink or mirrors in the room, Lockers outside the room and the top row so high up I couldn't reach even with the plastic stools provided. Not enough electrical outlets and no lift to the top floor. Wifi only in communal areas, lunch/dinner food is just microwavable dinners. Not the best stay of my life - had to make my own bed and carry sheets down for check out after paying a surplus fee for not being a member.

Hi there, thanks with the 7.1. We regret we did not meet all your expectations. We are a hostel though, so making your bed and carry down your bedsheets is really part of the experience. Maybe next time you could opt for our sisterhostel Stayokay Vondelpark; there we have lifts, make up your bed (not included) and you do not have to carry down your sheets. Feel free to use a locker which you can reach next time, not a problem at all. We have no surplus, just a discount if you're a member.

The best part about this hostel was the lobby and cafe areas. The bathrooms were less than desirable and the guest rooms are not good either.

Hi there, great to see you rate our staff and location with a 4. And yes our bar/cafe and lobby are a great way to meet new people. Our guest rooms are all large, they fit between 16 to 20 persons. We are really a no-frills hostel, but we regret our bathrooms and rooms did not met your expectations. Thanks for your time to comment.

Stayed here for NYE - couldn't ask for a better location! Staff are very helpful and always seemed happy to help out with suggestions on places to do and see. Only con for this hostel was the lockers in the room are not designed for large luggage and also being NYE the pace was packed and therefor seemed quite busy and dirty in the bathrooms.

Great staff, very chatty and always willing to help you. If you want any information on tourist attractions just ask and they tell you all you need to know as well as offering to book taxis for you for a very reasonable price. Rooms could do with more ventilation as in a 20 bed dorm we were suffocating in the night/mornings. Overall happy with our stay.

• 29th Dec 2014

Stayed in a room for 18, which I had never done before. The bed was comfortable and the room quite clean. The snoring from others was remedy with headphones. The staff were okay, though one guy in the bar was quite rude to us. He only worked once during our stay but he was extremely disrespectful. The bathrooms weren't the best there was food waste in the toilet stalls & the showers drained at a snails' pace. Great location. It's not a place for hanging out, best for a sleep & shower,

This hostel was in the perfect location for me! close enough to the red light district, cafes, and bars that I never had to walk more than 5 minutes to get to any of those places (10 minutes to the city center). Provided maps, sold advanced tickets to most of the attractions, had a really great breakfast, bar and food was cheap, rooms and bathrooms were cleaned daily, and the staff was fantastic. Only con is the room I was in had a single outlet to 16 girls. Not the worst thing, though.

This really is the place to stay! Great staff / cleen rooms / big lockers / hot cleen showers / and right in the best part of town.

Great hostel!! Comfy beds and hot water!! Only bad part was that there aren't enough plugs

We had an amazing stay there, the staff was really kind, willing to help with everything, the breakfast was great and the location was excellent, near everything.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Chile

Great location, just 1 street away from the Red Light District, the staff was always helpfull and the facilities are pretty good. The only thing that i missed in my experience was a better atmosphere.

I loved it! Met some great people, everyone was extremely helpful and polite and it really enriched the whole experience. 5*'s keep up the good work!

• 18th Dec 2014

In rooms with 20 girls, there were only two plugs. It is clearly not enough for this amount of people in one room. The breakfast was very good.

Thanks for your review! We're very aware of the few outlets in the room and we try to compensate that with free charging services at the reception. Just so you know, for next time!

It was a really wonderful place to stay. The staff was helpful with anything needed. It's in a good part of Amsterdam pretty close to everything.

Great location with great staff, however, there's no charging socket in the room I stayed.

Breakfast OK, changing/locker room outside rooms, big mixed clean bathrooms. Showers floors retain lits of water a bit gross but ok if you bring flip-flops. Friendly staff. Great location. Bar doubles as a common room, but it closes as 11.

Richard the bartender is awesome. Went out with us and showed us a good time. Brent the bartender is awesome he looks like he is from Spain. He really cool dude Nourdin works the night shift in the reception desk. One of the coolest dudes I got to meet in Amsterdam. He is very helpful and friendly. I would stay here again!

• 20th Nov 2014

Great too hear all those compliments ! I will forward them to Richard, Brent (=Brand) and Nourdin; awesume guys indeed. Hope to see you again !

Most of the staff wasn't kind, there was no place to eat and drink what we bought outside, not a good atmosphere at all, everything extra is paid and well paid. Didn't like the experience at all and don't want to go back to this place.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear we did not met your expectations. We get a lot of good reviews on our employees and we find customer service very important. Therefore I’m sorry to hear this was not your experience. Towels and locks are indeed for sale at reception for EUR 4,50. You can always bring your own towel and padlock as we suggested in our information on Hostelworld.com. The price is comparable with shops around the hostel. Its no prob to eat food in lobby. Wifi and breakfast is free of charge.

I'm really not impressed that I can't unsubscribe from these emails. When I click the link to unsubscribe it brings me to the main page of the site. Also, I never gave consent for them to send me any emails.

• 17th Nov 2014

Dear guest. I'm not sure which emails you mean. If the mails come from hostelworld you are able to unsubsribe at the bottom of every e-mail; read more @ http://www.hostelworld.com/securityprivacy.php If the email comes from Stayokay (you're also able to unsubsribe at any time) but please send an email to us and we solve the problem. This place is for rating our hostel and we hope you had a good stay.