Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2039 Total Reviews

The hostel has an impeccable location, right at the center of Amsterdam, and it feels very safe (lockers in the reception, and next to the rooms). It also includes breakfast with the booking, which is a great plus. The atmosphere is OK, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Their restaurant/bar is great too! The disposition of the girls-only and boys-only bathrooms were confusing, and there is no kitchen for guests. No big complains though, other than the price might be a bit much.

I really enjoyed my stay, these us clearly know what they're doing. Staff was helpful and courteous, the showers and bathroom facilities are clean and work perfectly. Beds were very comfortable and they clean in the morning but won't kick you out. That was specially good because in Amsterdam parties can get pretty hard and my group frequently came back at 5 am.

• 9th Aug 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review, Good to know you had a great time with us and enjoyed Amsterdam to the max!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Felt really welcome there. It's a nice Hostel. Very easy to meet other travelers. And: Great breakfast. The best I've had so far in a Hostel.

No outlets anywhere!

• 4th Aug 2015

It's a well located hostel, just a few minutes walk from Annne Frank house, van Gogh museum, red light district and Amsterdam Central Station. If you stay in this hostel, probably you won't need to use public transport in Amsterdam. Breakfast is really good with a wide variety of food however, the biggest problem was the lack of sockets in the rooms and common areas

Thanks for your great review, good to know you had a full on breakfast, you need this when in Amsterdam! Regards and hope to see you again!

Nice hostel, would stay there again. Large lockers and 24 hour reception. Pretty good breakfast included. Would be better if there were more plugs though. 2 plugs in the room for 20 people. But it as ok because there were plugs in the bar

I thought Stayokay did what it was meant to do; provide a secure, clean place to sleep in for the night. As for the atmosphere I found Stayokay not for single travellers. Security seemed over the top strict and common areas weren't that great. Also the beds could have come with individual lights, curtains or power points. What Stayokay lacked for me was an atmosphere where I could easily make new friends and relax. When I wasn't sleeping, I wanted to go elsewhere. Comfy bed though.

Thanks for your honest review, we will take your words into consideration and are happy to announce that there will be a personal power point for each bed in the near future! Hope to see you back in Amsterdam, kind regards!

The hostel has great location, it's cheaper for Amsterdam and have a nice breakfast. Nothing very special, the only thing I didn't like much it's because the toilet is mixed, I mean, I don't care but for woman should be very uncomfortable take shower in the sabe toilet that mans, even there have individual shower but should be separated.

The location is ideal. Its very close to the red light district and all the bars, restaurants and coffee shops but not too close so that you hear the noise throughout the night. The reception and security team are very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 20 bed female dorm and it was ok. There is a locker room just outside the dorm for you to store your bags rather than having them in the room. The shower room was large with enough facilities for all. Very happy with my stay.

Hi and thanks for your nice review! We are happy that you are happy!!! Greetings from Amsterdam

My overall experience at this hostel was subpar. My biggest complaint would be the staff. Minus the bartender on the late shift, all of the staff were stern and were never forthcoming with information. I had multiple instances where I was met with reluctance or given misinformation when I needed help or guidance on the hostel's policy. Overall, I would recommend another hostel if you are looking to party or have more of a relaxed and friendly atmosphere

• 30th Jul 2015

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear that some of our staff did not seem to be of help to you, this is something we take very serious actually. We will discuss this matter in our team. We want happy people in our hostel even if they are on duty! Kind regards

I was a bit skeptical about this hostel because the reviews weren't all great. The only issue that I had was that I was in a room of 16 people and there was only 1 power outlet. This was not a problem though, since I knew about it in advance and a bought a portable battery which reception charged for me each day while I was out. Other than this it's a great: there were so many toilets + showers so I never had to wait, the location was fantastic and it was the best free breakfast I've had so far.

If you want to have any fun in Amsterdam, don't stay here. There is a common area but the staff will kick you out just for talking, the bar closes at 11pm, you can't drink your own alcohol anywhere on the premises, and it's likely that your dorm mates will be asleep early. Even though the bathrooms were cleaned daily, they were always dirty and the showers were flooding. The lockers are in a separate room from the dorm which makes it inconvenient to get your things. I wouldn't stay here again.

Thanks for leaving a review, sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. We do not allow alcohol to be brought in to the hostel. Luckily there are a lot of options for a great party in just minutes away. Hope you still had a great time in Amsterdam!

Very strict environment. No alcohol allowed in the rooms. One staff member told us we could drink at the bar on site or in the lobby. (You can only drink at the on site bar when opened). Night time staff chastised us for drinking in lobby. Poor environment for meeting others, lounge areas are not conducive towards this. Not recommended for the solo traveller. During our stay, there were older guests (in their 40s with teenagers). Upside, clean & quiet hostel if that is what you're searching for.

• 30th Jul 2015

The facilities would have been excellent if they had fridges in the lounge and more outlets in the bedrooms/general areas. It has an amazing location and very clean facilities. The lockers were outside of the bedrooms which made it easier to leave in the morning without disturbing others.

Everything ok

Great hostel in the middle of town. Perfect location. Spent three great nights there and loved it. If I go back to amsterdam this will be where I am staying

The hostel location is very central to everything, staff is very friendly and approachable. We asked them to book a taxi to the airport and they were more than happy to help. My friend and I stayed in a 20 person room and there were no problems. Make sure ot leave all your valuables in the locker!

Nice location but the hostel is not safe. If you show the card they authorize you entry but they don't know if you are really there. You can give the card away and other guys go entry and can still you there. The bedroom is not clean the staff is not friendly. The breakfast is nice. They have not plugs in the bedrooms and in the common area haven't enough plugs. The Internet is also bad

Good location, decent enough staff but the toilets were gross. Very basic room set up. Not a bad place to stay.

I had a great stay. The hostel worked hard to accommodate me last minute and I was able to secure a couple more nights at the front desk. Having a washing machine, breakfast, bike storage, and a bar, this place has it all. Only thing worth mentioning is that because there is the bar in the back and an area out front, it can be hard to rally strangers to go on trips, as there is no "one place to congregate". That's a pretty shallow complaint, I still managed to find people to hang out with.

• 21st Jul 2015

Hi and thanks for your review, glad to know you had a god stay with us!!!