Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

In three months Ive been to 17 countries, stayed in countless hostels and this one was, by a long shot, the worst one I stayed in (and most expensive!) One of our friends was so turned off by the hostel that she just booked Ecomama (beautiful, great staff, etc) and accepted the loss of deposit (and paid less than us!) The staff at stayokay was unbelievably rude, everyone who works there is 40+ and inexplicably mean. Towels are for purchase only, wifi is slow/only in the lobby, dont stay here!!!

I really enjoyed my stay though I just stayed for one night. The staff was friendly and helpful :) I also like the bar where also Breakfast was served though most of the time there were not really a lot people in there which was a pity ;) I was in a female dorm and can't really complain about anything. Beds and sheets were very clean I just would have wished to have a small private light next to my sleeping place as well as a plug socket. (But there were plugs in the bar to use so it was ok).

• 29th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and liked our breakfast and other facilities. Frank, Stayokay Stadsdoelen

Amazing location and helpful staff

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was in a great location and easy to find. The staff were very friendly and easy to approach if help was needed. the rooms were basic but very comfortable with good storage space. there was a bar area which was a good way to meet new people too

Good service , friendly workers and good location. Cheers. Donatien HOFMANN, Brussels.

• 20th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you liked our service, staff and of course our location. Come back soon! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

First hostel we've ever stayed at and it was pretty good. Amazing location, right on the canal and close to everything. Staff were super helpful, bar was fun, bartender was great. Fun atmosphere and felt very safe. Bathrooms were average, never had to wait for a shower so can't complain. Clean rooms/beds, very comfy.

Quite expensive for a large dorm, but then again, so is everything in Amsterdam. Breakfast was included, and the rooms were large, clean, and not cramped at all. Would recommend.

The facilities are really good, the breakfast is awesome, however it lacks atmosphere. There were never a lot of people in the bar (even on the night Netherlands was playing in the world cup) so it was harder to meet people when travelling alone.

This hostel was in a great, quiet location, only 5 minutes walking from all of the action. In addition, I loved that the lockers were big enough to fit a giant suitcase inside...you didn't have to leave anything out if you didn't want to. There was no AC in the room, so staying on the top floor got a bit warm at night. The bathrooms are cleaned daily, but with so many people using them, they got dirty quickly. However, there were plenty of showers, toilets, and sinks - no waiting!

Great location, close to Red Light district but quiet like it's not. Friendly staff and travelers. Would stay again! Only downside is no food or alcohol allowed in rooms and the Wifi only works in the lobby

Nice hostel in a great location close to most of the main attractions and the red light district. We took out a full dorm for a stag weekend and it was great, friendly and helpful staff, decent beds and a good breakfast and bar, couldn't ask for much more.

I was highly satisfied with everything. This was the nicest hostel I've experienced thus far. More than accommodating staff, Everything was very clean, very satisfying breakfast, PERFECT location, and the price was cheaper than expected for the experience. Met people from all over the world, and the hostel has a lovely lounge that serves drinks and food to hang out in.

Thank you for your great review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you had such a great stay with! Frank, Stayokay Stadsdoelen

Great hostel but very pricey

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We do believe we offer good value for what you pay for. Especially compared to other places in the area. Frank, Stayokay Stadsdoelen

This place had some great common areas and pretty average bedrooms. The breakfast is better than most and it's right near the red light district and a plethora of food options.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked our breakfast and location. Frank, Stayokay Stadsdoelen

Well located, but brings in all the people who only want to get wasted every night until 5 am. Impossible to make friends, the other travellers are very disrespectful. Impossible to have a good night of sleep there. No help from the staff for that aspect.

• 31st May 2014

We got a room with 20 beds, I thought there where no room enough between the beds… two people couldn't be between the beds at the same time. NO locker for free available to leave the luggage, and no computer for free. The toilet was good… very nice showers, but also very small to change clothes on the dry side. The staff was very nice and the location is perfect.

It was a great hostel very clean and secure, however the atmosphere was not very up beat. most other hostels i have stayed at have had brightly colored public spaces and a very up beat atmosphere. also he rooms were kind of drap and almost prison-like with the stainless steel beds and dim lighting. overall it was a good bed and i had no issues making sure everything was secured.

It was a bit pricey, but everything in Amsterdam seems to be more expensive anyway. The breakfast is awesome! Stayed in a 10 dorm. They give you sheet and pillow case covers. Bring your own towel bc they are 5 euros! The location is very central! Close to the red light district, and tram stops.

Decent hostel, you get what you pay for and that's about it. Great location. Could be cleaner and I wish the lockers were in the same rooms as the beds. Decent bar in it with okay prices. No outlets in the sleepers so you pretty much can't charge your phone unless your downstairs. Also no wifi anywhere but the lobby.

This was my second stay at the hostel. A big minus for not offering towels for guests. We stayed in a room of 16 females and I can't say I slept well. The breakfast was a great value for money. Location is just alright - a 10-minute walk to the Dam Square. I wish there was a better atmosphere all-in-all.