Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I would recommend staying at this hostel. I felt safe walking up and down the canal on which it is located. It has very good WiFi, calls can be made in the room. It is secure, guests must be buzzed in by front staff, show their keycards, then pass through two keycarded doors to get to sleeping areas. They have huge lockers close to the rooms. Bar food is mediocre but they have free breakfast. Beds and pillows are nice. The only bad thing is that there are no outlets close to the beds.

Hi and thanks for your review, glad to know you can appreciate our security, we do our best to make our guest feel safe. Regards and have a great day!

地點與火車站遠腳程之內,離景點也近,但員工態度一般,房內插頭不多要同人爭,但有WIFI 真係如名stayokay

Very good location, nice view from the room, quiet and good atmosphere

Shortage of sockets in bedrooms is only negative.

Everything was great, good location, 15 walk from main station and majority of other things, only thing that let it down was the atmosphere, which isn't all the hostels fault, enjoyed my stay nethertheless

Thanks for your review and rating! You're right about the location, it's in the city-center so everything is easy to reach. Please come back next year with kingsday, the atmosphere is at that time beyond dreams;) It's nice that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you next year;) Have a great day!

There was one outlet in a room of 14 beds, the bathrooms were pretty gross and had no hand dryers or paper towels. To rent towels was 4.50 euros. I would stay somewhere else if I had to again for the money I paid. On the positive side, breakfast was included and was decent and the location was in walking distance to many major areas

• 4th May 2015

Hi there, Thanks for your review! For charging your devices we have a powerpoint at the reception and in the lobby. We can charge it for you 24/7 and you can pick it up any time you want. I hope you still have the towel, because you bought the towel for €4,50. In other words you can take it with you and have it for life as a souvenir;). I'm glad you liked the breakfast and location! I hope to see you again! Have a great day!

Excellent hostel and staff. Loved the breakfast. Should have more plugs in the bedrooms

Hi, thanks for your comments! Super nice that you loved our breakfast, come back again!!

Great location, everything is within walking distance. Rooms and lockers were spacious. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. Big location that accommodates many people, not as intimate of a feel to easily meet people as most are already traveling as a group. Liked the breakfast every morning and wifi was decent. Night desk staff limited on accessibility, couldn't pay when I arrived at night.

Hi, thanks for your rating and helpful information. You can check-in 24/7 at the desk and do the payment later, so you don't have to wait when you're tired;) I hope you have met some people in the bar and most of all enjoyed our city Amsterdam. We hope to see you again! Have a great day

The location is excellent and breakfast comes in a buffet which gives you a few things to choose from. HOWEVER, the night stuff was rude, showers were full of hair, not the cleanest. There are no stairs to the top floors and there are NO plugs?? TWO plugs in a 20 dorm room is very dissapointing. Also found the fact that you had to show them your room key everytime you returned to the hostel very annoying. 1 night we waited 15' for night guard to open the door. Scanning your key would be better

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Hi! It's good to hear the breakfast was good, but i'm really sorry a few other facilities were disappointing for you. You can charge all your devices at the reception and pick it up 24/7, this is also more safe;). Showing your card is just for safety reasons. Because of the great location in the city center our staff have to be more careful. Sorry for the inconvenience you felt but we hope to see you again! Have a great day, cheers!

Très bonne auberge .Emplacement idéal. Personnel sympathique. Très bon rapport qualité prix.

Bonjour, Nous sommes heureux que tout allait bien! Merci et espoir de vous voir!

Really enjoyed my stay here, everything was clean and the staff were all friendly. lockers were big. the location was really good, everything is a 5/10 min walk away yet its still nice and quiet in the hostel at night. The only downside to the room was only having one power outlet for 20 people. Other than that everything was great :)

You make me really happy with this review and rating. These are the reasons why we work here with pleasure! We hope to see you next time! Cheers

A cheap place just for spending a night or so. No social atmosphere at all. Sleeping there is not really comfortable. Shower is bad. But it is really in the city center and close to a lot of things.

Hi there thanks for your review, sorry to hear that you did not find a social atmosphere in the hostel! We do encourage people to meet other travelers in our bar, first drink half price! Hope you had a good time in Amsterdam!

This place is just as the name says it "OKAY". The staff are EXTREMELY rude and rushed us out the day we were slated to go. No one talks here and the entire place smelled like a mixture of raw sewage and cheap cleaning products. The staff try to rush you out of the common areas and really aren't that helpful at all, and when you ask them for tips they are downright rude. The location is pretty good, but I would never stay here again, a total waste of money and it ruined our view on Amsterdam.

Hello, I'm sorry you felt it this way. We think it's really important to have a helpful, friendly and good staff. We will take this review serious and discuss this matter with the staff internally. Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed the city and the location of the Hostel! We hope to see you a other time, please let us know when you will visit Amsterdam again! Have a great evening!

엘레베이터없어서너무 힘들었음ㅠ 짐보관하는데 돈도 따로내야하고...

Super auberge, bien placée. Bien que relativement grande, pas de "débordements" ou "bazar". Par contre, pas de lampe individuelle au lit, seulement deux lampes au plafond pour la chambre, 2 prises électriques pour une chambre de 24 lits... et pas de volets, seulement des rideaux qui ne sont pas opaques! donc réveil tôt pour tout le monde! Bon petit dej, douches propres, personnel sympa

• 20th Apr 2015

Bonjour, Nous espérons avoir plusieurs points de vente . Pour résoudre ce problème, vous pouvez charger vos appareils 24/7 à la réception , il est rapide et sûr ! Heureux , il était correct , et vous pouvez en profiter. Merci et espoir de vous voir!

Mostly friendly staff! Who have good security standards. Free breakfast in the morning is such a perk! Great location and quite a clean place with a friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go back again!

• 20th Apr 2015

Thanks for your review, glad to know you enjoyed the breakfast! You are welcome to come back anytime!

El hostal es bueno, esta en una ubicación muy buena, en lo personal no me gusta que sea todo compartido como los baños y las habitaciones y el desayuno es mas variado que en otros hostales, nosotros al llegar en la noche nos atendió un señor de unos 60 años de edad que no fue muy amable y no daba confianza de preguntarle nada pero en cuanto a la ubicación y la seguridad lo considero bueno.

Hallo, Su objetivo es , obviamente, para ser recibido amablemente , creemos que esto es muy importante. Voy a discutir esta crítica conmigo colega. Me alegro de que el resto era bueno y espero que usted puede disfrutar de nuestra hermosa ciudad de Amsterdam. buenas noches.

Breakfast was amazing!

Thanks for the great review! See you next month:P

Very helpful and knowledgeable people @ the front desk !!!

thanks for your great review, we appreciate your positive respons!

O café da manhã é ótimo e a localização também. De resto não é bom. Cheguei às 5:30AM não me deixaram fazer check in antes, pedi então para pagar uma diária a mais e mesmo assim não deixaram. E o hostel não estava cheio. Tive que esperar até as 14hrs e isso foi horrível e cansativo. Fui super mal tratada pelo senhor do staff que fica na recepção até as 8hrs da manhã. Ele é extremamente grosseiro. O quarto ainda consegue ser pior, não tem tomada e nem luz individual. Tem uma tomada pra 12 pessoas

Hello, It's true you can check in after 14:00u. This is because other people are still sleeping till 10.30u and the rooms have to be cleaned every day. I'm sorry you had to wait. And I will discuss this matter with my colleague. It's our priority to give you a good feeling and help you with everything we can! I hope you loved our city Amsterdam! I hope I see you next time! Cheers Ruben