Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Although we all booked independently, we didn't think it would be hard to put the 5 people in my group all together. The front desk lady said it would take her "way too long" to reconfigure the rooms to make sure this worked out so we were stuck at 3 in one room and 2 in another. The two beds next to me, were left unoccupied each night so I can't imagine it would've taken too long to do. There's no outlets in the room so you have to take your phone and charger downstairs to charge at night.

• 24th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Los baños estaban casi dos plantas más arriba de la habitación. No hay casi enchufes, prácticamente solo en la recepción. En las camas de arriba de las literas faltaba una barandilla por un lado, con lo cual era peligroso. Los baños estaban sucios en general. Lo bueno es la ubicación. la amabilidad del personal y el desayuno.

• 21st May 2015
  • Spain

The atmosphere was decent, but the rooms and bathrooms were dirty. The staff was nice. The beds were very loud and every time you rolled over it was a huge scene. We stayed in a 20 bed mixed dorm and hated it. We were mixed in with 50 year old men and were very uncomfortable. They shouldn't allow such old people to stay there. The wifi was decent and the free breakfast was pretty good. Good location in the city, but I won't be going back. Very loud outside our windows at night.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We do not have an age limit in our hostel, and we do not ever intend to deny access to elderly people. We encourage a mix of all ages and backgrounds! Sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable; our staff is always ready to help you out and could have placed you in a different dorm for sure. Hope you enjoyed Amsterdam nevertheless, kind regards!

Everyone was great

Hello, Thanks for this awesome review! We hope to see you next time!

Great location! Was able to walk into the red light district and main centre of town easily enough. The free breakfast was great! Rooms were good, although there was only 2 outlets in the whole room which meant you didn't get much chance to charge things. Over all the hostel was great and was located very near everything.

Hi! We are really glad you had a great time over here! We like to see you a other time. Cheers!

More electric point in the bedrooms mirror in the bedroom

• 13th May 2015
  • Wales

The people in hostel are good, but there is so much desorganization over there. It's just like a mess and very dirty. Besides that, I was stolen there, someone move out my luggage and take off some personal thing, I made a cop registration and stayed by that. The main problem in this hostel is to get money more than life experience for the hosts, just like, we have to pay for all we need there, just needed paied to breath, it's insane! Of course, I would NOT recommend this hostel

Hello and thank you for your review, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with having something taken from your bag! We always advise to keep your belongings in a locker for this reason. We keep our bed prices low in the center of Amsterdam, that's why the towels and padlocks are optional to buy, many backpackers already bring their own. Have a great day, regards!

My friend has been stolen, but the hostel give no reaction!

• 9th May 2015
  • China

Hello, we are really sorry about your friends lost belongings. I spoke to my colleague that helped you that day. I hope you went to the police to make a police report about this incident, like my colleague suggested. Please use your lockers next time instead of leaving all your valuables on your bed. We hope the police will catch someone and you will have everything back! When you need anything we will try to help you. You can contact us at stadsdoelen@stayokay.com. Regards, Ruben

I would recommend staying at this hostel. I felt safe walking up and down the canal on which it is located. It has very good WiFi, calls can be made in the room. It is secure, guests must be buzzed in by front staff, show their keycards, then pass through two keycarded doors to get to sleeping areas. They have huge lockers close to the rooms. Bar food is mediocre but they have free breakfast. Beds and pillows are nice. The only bad thing is that there are no outlets close to the beds.

Hi and thanks for your review, glad to know you can appreciate our security, we do our best to make our guest feel safe. Regards and have a great day!

地點與火車站遠腳程之內,離景點也近,但員工態度一般,房內插頭不多要同人爭,但有WIFI 真係如名stayokay

Very good location, nice view from the room, quiet and good atmosphere

Shortage of sockets in bedrooms is only negative.

Everything was great, good location, 15 walk from main station and majority of other things, only thing that let it down was the atmosphere, which isn't all the hostels fault, enjoyed my stay nethertheless

Thanks for your review and rating! You're right about the location, it's in the city-center so everything is easy to reach. Please come back next year with kingsday, the atmosphere is at that time beyond dreams;) It's nice that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you next year;) Have a great day!

There was one outlet in a room of 14 beds, the bathrooms were pretty gross and had no hand dryers or paper towels. To rent towels was 4.50 euros. I would stay somewhere else if I had to again for the money I paid. On the positive side, breakfast was included and was decent and the location was in walking distance to many major areas

• 4th May 2015

Hi there, Thanks for your review! For charging your devices we have a powerpoint at the reception and in the lobby. We can charge it for you 24/7 and you can pick it up any time you want. I hope you still have the towel, because you bought the towel for €4,50. In other words you can take it with you and have it for life as a souvenir;). I'm glad you liked the breakfast and location! I hope to see you again! Have a great day!

Excellent hostel and staff. Loved the breakfast. Should have more plugs in the bedrooms

Hi, thanks for your comments! Super nice that you loved our breakfast, come back again!!

Great location, everything is within walking distance. Rooms and lockers were spacious. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. Big location that accommodates many people, not as intimate of a feel to easily meet people as most are already traveling as a group. Liked the breakfast every morning and wifi was decent. Night desk staff limited on accessibility, couldn't pay when I arrived at night.

Hi, thanks for your rating and helpful information. You can check-in 24/7 at the desk and do the payment later, so you don't have to wait when you're tired;) I hope you have met some people in the bar and most of all enjoyed our city Amsterdam. We hope to see you again! Have a great day

The location is excellent and breakfast comes in a buffet which gives you a few things to choose from. HOWEVER, the night stuff was rude, showers were full of hair, not the cleanest. There are no stairs to the top floors and there are NO plugs?? TWO plugs in a 20 dorm room is very dissapointing. Also found the fact that you had to show them your room key everytime you returned to the hostel very annoying. 1 night we waited 15' for night guard to open the door. Scanning your key would be better

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Hi! It's good to hear the breakfast was good, but i'm really sorry a few other facilities were disappointing for you. You can charge all your devices at the reception and pick it up 24/7, this is also more safe;). Showing your card is just for safety reasons. Because of the great location in the city center our staff have to be more careful. Sorry for the inconvenience you felt but we hope to see you again! Have a great day, cheers!

Très bonne auberge .Emplacement idéal. Personnel sympathique. Très bon rapport qualité prix.

Bonjour, Nous sommes heureux que tout allait bien! Merci et espoir de vous voir!

Really enjoyed my stay here, everything was clean and the staff were all friendly. lockers were big. the location was really good, everything is a 5/10 min walk away yet its still nice and quiet in the hostel at night. The only downside to the room was only having one power outlet for 20 people. Other than that everything was great :)

You make me really happy with this review and rating. These are the reasons why we work here with pleasure! We hope to see you next time! Cheers

A cheap place just for spending a night or so. No social atmosphere at all. Sleeping there is not really comfortable. Shower is bad. But it is really in the city center and close to a lot of things.

Hi there thanks for your review, sorry to hear that you did not find a social atmosphere in the hostel! We do encourage people to meet other travelers in our bar, first drink half price! Hope you had a good time in Amsterdam!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7