Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

No complaints here, everyone at the hostel was very friendly. Terrific location and a good price too.

• 25th Aug 2015

The staff was not kind. Few plugs. Too much money for what it offers Excellent location and a very good breakfast.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Argentina

There needs to be more plugs in every room. It costs nothing to put extensions of multiple power plugs in every room. It was a huge inconvenience also that I thought my phone was charging for the whole night, only to wake up to no battery at all because the power plug was so far away that I couldn't see that my phone had dropped on the floor and disconnected. More effort to bring the outlets close to the beds would be highly appreciated.

Hi I understand your problem, sorry for the inconvenience you felt. Some parts of the hostel are monumental and must be in original state. That's why we don't have personal plugs in all the rooms. We hope we will have plugs everywhere the next time you will visit is;) I'm glad you liked the rest of the hostel and I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city! Have a great day.

Great friendly staff who gave us a great recommendation for food :) free breakfast was great - i had missed that on booking so was very happy to hear this when i arrived. dorm bed mattress was really comfy actually. My only issue was that the shower/toilet room was just awful it smelt like urine all the time but there was constant hot water

Hi and thanks for leaving us a review! We will have the bathroom situation be checked, our housekeeping staff cleans them twice a day so this must be dealt with. Kind regards and hope to see you back again!

The hostel has an impeccable location, right at the center of Amsterdam, and it feels very safe (lockers in the reception, and next to the rooms). It also includes breakfast with the booking, which is a great plus. The atmosphere is OK, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Their restaurant/bar is great too! The disposition of the girls-only and boys-only bathrooms were confusing, and there is no kitchen for guests. No big complains though, other than the price might be a bit much.

I really enjoyed my stay, these us clearly know what they're doing. Staff was helpful and courteous, the showers and bathroom facilities are clean and work perfectly. Beds were very comfortable and they clean in the morning but won't kick you out. That was specially good because in Amsterdam parties can get pretty hard and my group frequently came back at 5 am.

• 9th Aug 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review, Good to know you had a great time with us and enjoyed Amsterdam to the max!

Não há tomadas nos quartos. Pequeno almoço bom . Ótima localização!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Felt really welcome there. It's a nice Hostel. Very easy to meet other travelers. And: Great breakfast. The best I've had so far in a Hostel.

No outlets anywhere!

• 4th Aug 2015

It's a well located hostel, just a few minutes walk from Annne Frank house, van Gogh museum, red light district and Amsterdam Central Station. If you stay in this hostel, probably you won't need to use public transport in Amsterdam. Breakfast is really good with a wide variety of food however, the biggest problem was the lack of sockets in the rooms and common areas

Thanks for your great review, good to know you had a full on breakfast, you need this when in Amsterdam! Regards and hope to see you again!

Nice hostel, would stay there again. Large lockers and 24 hour reception. Pretty good breakfast included. Would be better if there were more plugs though. 2 plugs in the room for 20 people. But it as ok because there were plugs in the bar

I thought Stayokay did what it was meant to do; provide a secure, clean place to sleep in for the night. As for the atmosphere I found Stayokay not for single travellers. Security seemed over the top strict and common areas weren't that great. Also the beds could have come with individual lights, curtains or power points. What Stayokay lacked for me was an atmosphere where I could easily make new friends and relax. When I wasn't sleeping, I wanted to go elsewhere. Comfy bed though.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Thanks for your honest review, we will take your words into consideration and are happy to announce that there will be a personal power point for each bed in the near future! Hope to see you back in Amsterdam, kind regards!

The hostel has great location, it's cheaper for Amsterdam and have a nice breakfast. Nothing very special, the only thing I didn't like much it's because the toilet is mixed, I mean, I don't care but for woman should be very uncomfortable take shower in the sabe toilet that mans, even there have individual shower but should be separated.

The location is ideal. Its very close to the red light district and all the bars, restaurants and coffee shops but not too close so that you hear the noise throughout the night. The reception and security team are very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 20 bed female dorm and it was ok. There is a locker room just outside the dorm for you to store your bags rather than having them in the room. The shower room was large with enough facilities for all. Very happy with my stay.

Hi and thanks for your nice review! We are happy that you are happy!!! Greetings from Amsterdam

My overall experience at this hostel was subpar. My biggest complaint would be the staff. Minus the bartender on the late shift, all of the staff were stern and were never forthcoming with information. I had multiple instances where I was met with reluctance or given misinformation when I needed help or guidance on the hostel's policy. Overall, I would recommend another hostel if you are looking to party or have more of a relaxed and friendly atmosphere

• 30th Jul 2015

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear that some of our staff did not seem to be of help to you, this is something we take very serious actually. We will discuss this matter in our team. We want happy people in our hostel even if they are on duty! Kind regards

If you want to have any fun in Amsterdam, don't stay here. There is a common area but the staff will kick you out just for talking, the bar closes at 11pm, you can't drink your own alcohol anywhere on the premises, and it's likely that your dorm mates will be asleep early. Even though the bathrooms were cleaned daily, they were always dirty and the showers were flooding. The lockers are in a separate room from the dorm which makes it inconvenient to get your things. I wouldn't stay here again.

Thanks for leaving a review, sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. We do not allow alcohol to be brought in to the hostel. Luckily there are a lot of options for a great party in just minutes away. Hope you still had a great time in Amsterdam!

I was a bit skeptical about this hostel because the reviews weren't all great. The only issue that I had was that I was in a room of 16 people and there was only 1 power outlet. This was not a problem though, since I knew about it in advance and a bought a portable battery which reception charged for me each day while I was out. Other than this it's a great: there were so many toilets + showers so I never had to wait, the location was fantastic and it was the best free breakfast I've had so far.

Very strict environment. No alcohol allowed in the rooms. One staff member told us we could drink at the bar on site or in the lobby. (You can only drink at the on site bar when opened). Night time staff chastised us for drinking in lobby. Poor environment for meeting others, lounge areas are not conducive towards this. Not recommended for the solo traveller. During our stay, there were older guests (in their 40s with teenagers). Upside, clean & quiet hostel if that is what you're searching for.

• 30th Jul 2015

The facilities would have been excellent if they had fridges in the lounge and more outlets in the bedrooms/general areas. It has an amazing location and very clean facilities. The lockers were outside of the bedrooms which made it easier to leave in the morning without disturbing others.

Everything ok