Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The most perfect hostel ever I've stayed!

Todo excelente, las ubicación, la gente, el ambiente.lo recomiendo

위치 좋고요 암스테르담 특성상 이정도면 좋은 위치인가같아요 시설은 뭐 괜춘 위험한거 하나도 모르게ㅛ어요 좋아용 무엇보다 조식 무료 짱짱

I thought it was too expensive and they charged too much for every add on, towels and computer use. The answer (which I heard them give others also) was 'It's Amsterdam and it's summer". I don't think that justifies almost twice as much as charged for the same type of accommodation at the Stayokay in Rotterdam at the same time. The breakfast was excellent.

Very good stay. Thought the place was great. The bar was good, the food was good, the rooms were nice and the staff were excellent.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and breakfast was incredible. I wasn't too thrilled with the lack of soap in the toilet because I was on my period but I had no other issues

Hi there! Thanks for this amazing review. A message with a lot of happiness in it, that's always good! You can always ask the reception for anything you need, also for soap if you didn't bring your own;) We look forward to see you again! Have a great day, cheers!

Excelente hostel! O pessoal do Staff muito atencioso! a localização muito boa! Só acho que os quarto tem poucas tomadas, não sei se todo mas o meu tinha poucas. Mas mesmo assim foi muito bom minha escolha.

• 13th Jul 2015

It is a good hostel and the location is awesome. A calm place to stay. I was traveling alone and I stayed in a 6 bed female room, which is a good option in this case. The only problem is that the room is not very clean. It has a strange smell, like when its not really cleaned. And the bathroom too. The WiFi worked in my room but not that fast, you can use for the basics without problem. I recommend the hostel.

Good location, big hostel

Clean and secure? Undoubtedly. A fun atmosphere for travellers? Not at all. If I had have known that the hostel I chose to book would be overridden with 14 year olds on school excursions and 40 year old men on sad middle-aged stag do's, I would certainly not have made a reservation. To the hostels credit, it had the experience in the name. My stay was okay.

Hi there! Maybe a other time there are more people of your age, we can't control this unfortunately;). I'm glad you liked the cleanlibess and security, we think that's really important. I hope you loved our city Amsterdam and had a lot of fun;). Have a great day and we hope to see you again. Ciao

Le pommeau de douche est en très mauvaise état mais le reste parfait et petit dejeuner exelent!

• 8th Jul 2015

Bonjour ce une incroyable note bien. Je vais laisser au service technique, en regardant le douche. Merci et je serai bientôt de retour une fois de plus

Great place - worth the money. More power points in the room would be great but overall a great stay! I would stay again gladly!

• 8th Jul 2015

Loved this place! I loved being right on the park and found my self there a lot of the timing just chilling out. The staff were so friendly and helped me with everything. My dorm was clean, comfortable, plenty of light and had windows. There was also great wifi in my room, which was awesome. Breakfast was great, lots of options. I would definitely stay with them again and recommend it to everyone.

thanks for leaving such a lovely review, you're welcome to come back and visit anytime! regards

Estuve solo una noche con mi madre en la cual el ascensor no funcionaba. Además de eso me fue asignada una cama que ya había sido asignada y tuve problemas con la muchacha del cuarto. Todo esto en una noche.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Hi there, My Spanish is not great so i write you back in English. It's unfortunate about the elevator, but it was fixed the same day. Some guest are not aware of the bed numbers we give them at arrival. You can ask for help at the reception so they can fix these misunderstandings immediately, I hope you did this. However I hope you liked it here and loved our beautiful city;) Thanks for the review and rating! Have a great evening! Ciao

Hostel perfeito. Em frente ao Hard Rock Café, ao lado do Vondelpark (Central Park da cidade), estrutura, segurança e limpeza incríveis. Café da manhã já incluso na diária e com bastante variedade, superior a muitos hotéis de categoria. Atendimento jovem, descontraído e muito atenciosos. Aluguéis de bicicletas que facilitam muito o nosso deslocamento na cidade. Chuveiro quente e banheiro privativos nos quartos coletivos. Tudo bem organizado para um excelente estada em Amsterdã. Perfeito!

Thanks for this awesome review! It's great you had a amazing time! Come back again;)

Excellent location. This hostel has many amenities including the games room, bar, breakfast included and bike rental shop. Bathrooms were relatively clean and their and the rooms seemed fairly secure. As a single however, I didn't feel this was the greatest place to meet new people to socialize many of the others here came in large groups and others were fairly unsociable.

Hello, Thanks for your review and rating. I'm glad you liked the location and facilities! Unfortunate there were more groups than single travelers during your stay. Normally you can meet a lot of new people in our bar or at the Leidseplein;) Thanks for the review and I hope you liked our city! Have a great night! Cheers!

Wifi is very slow in the night, no soap next to the water tap is a big NO. It was very hot in the room at night. Bad ventilation.

Hello. I can imagine that no soap is a big no, that's why we provide soap at our reception, maybe you missed this. During your stay it was very abnormal warm weather in The Netherlands. Normally it's not warmer than 28 degrees, sorry for the inconvenience but unfortunately we can not control the weather. Thanks for your great rating and review. I hope you enjoyed Amsterdam and we like to see you again! Have a great night!

It was a good hostel with okay facilities and location. However, I found that it was too big to make friends and have a nice atmosphere. The common rooms were not used to their Potential.

Great you liked the hostel! We have a bar and also some pubcrawls or other social things to do. I hope you did one of these social things to know more people. Thanks for staying with us and I hope you had a great time in our amazing city. See you next time! Regards

No air conditioning and the windows dont open AT ALL it was literally a sweat box and there were old weird men sleeping in their underwear. Also too many school children

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi there! Sorry about the heat. The windows can be opened, only not wide open because of safety reasons. The heat was just bad luck, because we had a heatwave in The Netherlands. Normally it's never warmer than 28 degrees. This is also the reason why we don't have AC, because we don't need it much. At the reception you could ask for a fan. We hope to see you another time, maybe in the spring when it's much cooler;) Thanks for the review and we hope you still enjoyed our amazing city! Regards.

best hostel ive stayed in Amsterdam

Hey! Thanks for the great compliment and you're always welcome at our hostel;) Have a great day!