Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

J'ai passé un très agréable séjour à Stayokay Vondelpark :) Tout s'est très bien passé à tout niveau concernant l'auberge. J'y retournerai avec plaisir !

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Was a decent place to stay. Nice to be right next to Vondelpark and really close to Van Gogh and Ryjks Museums, and the heineken experience. Loved the city and this hostel was a good area to be able to walk to most places you want to go.

Very overpriced. Even though Amsterdam is generally expensive, try book somewhere else. The buildings are very old and run down, there are several floors and the elevators are out of use for most parts of the day! Rooms are cramped and extremely hot in summer with no window or fan. There is now atmosphere in this hostel, it feels like a big run down, cheap hotel. The internet hardly works and there are only two power sockets in a room for 8! Ridiculous. The showers were always damp and smelled.

Hi there! Thanks for your review and rating. You can use the elevator but during the breakfast the staff is also using it. Every room we have got a window so i'm curious in which room you slept? It's possible to borrow a fan at the reception if you need it;). I hope you still loved our beautiful city. Have a great day

Localização boa... Lugar tranquilo. Só os quartos que são um pouco pequenos...

Staff woke me up for sleeping in the common area after I had checked out and was waiting for my bus. There were plenty of places for people to sit, I was not in the way. The result was me remaining in the same position but awake. Power tripping maybe?

• 9th Aug 2015

You probably had a great night out in Amsterdam, like the most people:D For sleeping we have plenty of beds available;). I hope you were on time for the bus and had a safe trip. We hope to see you again. Have a good day, cheers!

Não eh um hostel eh um hotel. Lá vc ao conhece ninguem

good location,helpful staff,very nice breakfeast

I was incredibly impressed by this hostel. My room (8 women) was spacious with a comfortable bed, an outlet and light right by my head, and a small cabinet to keep my things in. The in-house bar created opportunities to connect with other travelers. I rented a bike there which was amazing - no stress about where to return it and then having to walk back from some remote location. I was very impressed by the staff and received wonderful service, and never for a second did I feel unsafe.

Thanks for your great review, we are very happy to hear that you felt at home with us during your stay! Kind regards and we hope to see you back again!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms and the facilities were good. The breakfast was very tasty and varied.

Very uncomfortable beds. Incredibly firm both of ua woke up sore, and the wifi was very slow.

Nice hostel. Their breakfast was very nice. They have a bar, which we can eat something. The location is next to a awesome park for picnic, cycling, and just chilling. It is a bit far from Central station, but I could walk everywhere.

Brilliant location, but that's pretty much all they had going for themselves. Rooms were crazy over priced, no atmosphere at all. It felt like a hotel, not a hostel. Wouldn't recommend.

I'm glad you liked the location so much. Amsterdam is unfortunately a expensive city, especially in high season. I hope you still enjoyed Amsterdam and had a great time. Ciao

Incredibly clean and the breakfast is nice. Has nice spaces for meeting fellow travelers as well. It wasn't a problem for me, but just know that they are very strict about who gets let into the hostel at night, so if you stay here don't plan on bringing someone back that night.

My friend and I stayed here one night and it was terrible. Came home from a night out and had a dispute with a bike taxi driver over a €50 note I was paying with which he was trying to claim was fake (we had no idea, just been given the note earlier that day). The security guard working for Stayokay instantly sided with the taxi guy, accused us of being liars and called us assholes. Felt very unsafe. We spoke to the manager in the morning who said he would follow up but haven't heard anything.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your review. We are sorry you feel this way, it was never the night guard's intention to make you feel unsafe or to intimidate you. Our manager will get back to you via email about this matter. Hope you still had a good time in Amsterdam, regards!

Biggest complaint was the wifi. Couldn't use it in my room at all so I had to go downstairs to the lounge area to use it. Otherwise, pretty satisfactory hostel.

It was a fantastic hostel. Lovely staff most of the time. Good comfort.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Amazing stay!!!! City/ people!😘

100 percent recommend - fun, good location, lots of travelers, good bar. One complaint was rude night security guard made a big ordeal about checking bags when we came in after a night out, other than that staff was fantastic and very helpful. Would stay again.

Great to hear your stay with us was awesome! Looking forward to see you again!

I think we had a wonderful time at the hostel. The staff was very proffesional and extremly helpsome all of them. It is so nice not to feel embarrased to ask for help. My very best recommendations!

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Denmark

The hostel is in an amazing location right on vondelparks doorstep, with a nice cheap bar where you can enjoy some nice trappist beers. Pretty average hostel chain, but lacking one thing...plug sockets!! In a room of about 14 we had 4 sockets. Not too much atmosphere but sitting out in the little courtyard was the best place to meet people at night.