Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

all things are not bad

• 28th Oct 2014
  • China

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark was situated in a nice area of Amsterdam AWAY from the red light district. It was close to many shops and restaurants. The room was pretty small. The bathroom is in the room, it is clean - the shower is spacious. The most annoying thing is that there isn't any Wifi in the dorm rooms. They have bicycles for rent for 11E which isn't bad - make sure you have cash for the deposit on the bikes. The breakfast however is 5 star. It is all organic and delicious!! Yum!

Wifi only available in public areas, not available in te rooms which was annoying. Overall, good place.

• 25th Oct 2014

The hostel is great except for the big lines to have breakfast. Wi fi only for common areas.

Wifi was awful in the hostel, it never worked in the main area which made it extremely difficult to catch up with friends, send emails etc. The hostel itself was very large but the common room was not so there was nearly never any place to sit. Also - towels, lockers etc. were higher prices than it claimed when I booked which was definitely a turn off. The beds weren't made when we got there and there were stains on the mattresses which grossed me out.

• 25th Oct 2014

Thanks for your feedback and we're sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectation on some aspects. Lockers and towels are €4,50.- this is no secret, we provide this as an extra service and always inform our guests about needing/bringing one. The matresses are usually clean, if not guest can come to the desk and we'll be happy to provide a new one. We will take all your comments into account and try to work on it. I hope you had a good time in Adam anyways :)

StayOkay Vondelpark hosted many fellow young travellers that were eager to hang out and socialize. This hostel is huuuuge, but in a good way. I recommend the 4 person dorm! Breakfast is unbelievable. Location is fantastic. They sell reduced tickets to the Heinken Experience (a must see) and the cruise tour (another must). But bring your own towels cuz they charge 4.5€ for one :P

This was a ginormous hostel right in a very central location in Amsterdam. They have an AWESOME free breakfast, and tons of discounts on sightseeing and various tours. A small downside of this hostel is that they only have WiFi in the main lounge, not in rooms; only 3 plug-ins in a 6/7 person room; and our washroom continuously smelled like stale pee (room B2.03). Overall, though, I would recommend it!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Happy to hear you liked it overall and that you find our breakfast awesome too! I regret hearing about the washroom, next time: please come by the reception and we'll see what we can do for you. Regarding the wifi, soon it will be available in the rooms as well! We hope to see you back another time in Amsterdam.

I really enjoyed my stay! The staff were super friendly and helpful, the location was great, only a 20 minute walk to the center and just down the road from most of the museums; i hardly used the trams! Many thanks!

StayOkay was a hostel environment I'm not particularly used to and I don't mean this in a positive way. The hostel is MASSIVE and the predominant demographic consists of herds upon herds of pre-teens, children, and their parents. I am a 22-year-old on a trip by myself and it was nearly impossible to meet anyone my age or who shared my experience. I recommend to families and youngsters, not twenty-year-old independent travelers.

Whilst the location is very good this hostel lacks atmosphere big time. It's a massive complex with 500+ beds and thus feels very impersonal and almost sterile. The hostel was frequented by lots of school classes on excursions and big travel groups. This combined with no real communal areas except several sofas in the lobby area made it very hard to meet people for solo travellers. There was no internet in the rooms which I believe in this day and age should be standard.

Ideale la sua posizione, comoda e rilassante perché situata nel verde del bellissimo Vondelpark. Peccato soltanto che gli asciugamani vengono forniti solo a pagamento.

Nice hostel with no atmosphere. As a solo travelling this was a nice hostel, perfectly located but with no atmosphere it was totally ruined. Lots of school groups and families seem to stay at this place. Has the potential to be a great hostel but just doesn't quite do it for a solo traveller.

Las instalaciones son buenas pero necesita una cocina. Es mas parecido a un hotel con habitaciones compartidas que un hostel

The location was perfect and the facilities were super good! BUT there's a lot of school groups! they kinda take over of all the common area (that is the only place that you can get internet btw) For a solo traveler is not the best place to meet new people.

Rooms and location are good. However, the place is FULL of 14 year olds who seem to be on their first sleep over ever. The bar area is full of them hanging out, the lobby is as well, and you hear them knocking on each other's doors ALL THE TIME. Not a good place to meet people, and there is no soap to wash your hands with in the rooms. I wouldn't recommend this as a place to stay while backpacking, it is the definition of a "youth hostel".

Extremely secure! I Was only here for one night but it wasaverage. The sinks are beside the bedsand there is no paper towel to dry your hands so there was a gross pile of water on the floor. The beds are very clean though and overall the facilities were good. They could use better lighting going down the narrow road towards the building.

Everyone there was in high school with their teachers(school group trip).Not the best social environment.The bar seemed nice and served food.The bathrooms were clean.The breakfast(free) was delicious&they had a huge assortment.Only wifi in the common rooms.A girl we met had all of her clothes turn purple in the wash so I do not recommend doing laundry there(they were not helpful or sympathetic).The staff seemed okay but not the most friendly.Close to lots of restaurants&many tram stops.

The facilities in this hostel were excellent the only downside is be prepared to be shoved out of the way in the bar by tons of children on school trips! Schools use this hostel for trips and the children/teenagers are everywhere. Everywhere! Lounging on the couches, breaking glasses in the bar, it's hard to meet anyone in the same age group as yourself! So if you are alright with teen central than StayOkay is the place to go.

nice breakfast. it's not close dam square, red light but this in not problem because, you can by walk, bicycle, tram etc.

Beautiful location and great breakfast.

• 3rd Oct 2014