Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's a really nice place to stay but we've ended up paying a supplement of almost €20 per night purely for location rather than quality of the hostel .

• 30th Dec 2015

Die Lage und das Hostel an sich ist wirklich toll. Auch die Mitarbeiter und die Sauberkeit war positiv. Negativ war dass es pro Person nur 1 Handtuch gab, ein kleines und ein großes Handtuch wäre wünschenswert. Auch das "Doppelbett" für waren einfach nur zwei nebeneinandergestellte Einzelbetten, man kann als Pärchen nicht gut darin schlafen, weil sich die Betten immer auseinander verschieben. Ein kleiner Fernsehr wäre auch wünschenswert, sowie auch Schampo und Duschgel oder Seife.

• 30th Dec 2015

We are a hostel were it's possible to bring your own towel and soap to save some money. If you didn't bring those items with you it's possible to buy them at the reception. I still hope you liked Amsterdam. Come back soon!

Muito caro para o que oferece

I stayed here for several days at the end of December. The prices were crazy (but most hostels in major European cities are because of NYE) but understandable. Overall, pleasant stay. The hostel gives off more of a 'for study abroad students' rather than a backpacker hostel. Not too much social interactions in the lounges like the kind you expect from youth hostels. The hostel is in a central location but a tram ride is needed if coming from Amsterdam Centraal. I think I would come back.

It would be great if you come back!You're always welcome! Have a nice day

Hostel in guter Lage, aber man sollte sich def. VORHER orientieren, da man sich in Amsterdam schon mal schnell "verlaufen" kann ;-) Hostel hat tolle Angebote (Bier- und Coctailspecials), Zimmer sind super ausgestattet und das Frühstücksbuffet (bei dem man u.U. schon mal 10 Minuten anstehen muss) ist wirklich lecker! Eine klare Empfehlung hier zu wohnen!

We had an awesome time in the hostel. Great location - near a lively area of bars and museums next to a beautiful park. The bar serves cheap great beer. And the people were very helpful. I will say that my friends in larger rooms had issues sleeping as it does cater to a younger party-oriented crowd - but what else do you expect in Amsterdam? We were also to get tickets to all the things we wanted right there. Towels are extra, but you do get to keep them.

Everything was great a beautiful place to stay in. It was very cozy.

En cuanto a limpieza todo perfecto , lo malo es que el wifi no anduvo muy bien , y no hay cocina para poder comer ahí . El personal buena onda , tampoco una cosa de locos . El ambiente es demasiado tranquilo en el hostel , no hubo ninguna fiesta ni juntada x Navidad . Pero tuvimos buena estadía de todos modos . También había hecha una reserva de dos camas privadas y nos dieron una de dos cuchetas . Estábamos solo nosotros pero no es lo mismo dos camas q dia cuchetas

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Argentina

Muy buena opción en Amsterdam!

When I first got to the hostel staff was friendly, pretty good service. I waited an hour to get my room which I'm sure was common because i had arrived before 2pm. As soon as I got into the room, there was another couple sharing a bed right beside me, it was super uncomfortable, they had blankets and towels covering this one bed, heard noises most of the time they were there. When I went to wash my hands after the bathroom, the soap wasn't working, wasn't fixed for the two days I was there.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Hi there, I can imagine it was a bit disturbing in your room. In our hostel it's not allowed to share a bed with someone. That's why we have 1 pers. bunk beds. Please come to the reception next time so we can solve a problem immediatly for you;) We are sorry about the soap we hould have fixed it. I still hope you had a good time in Amsterdam and let us know when you visit us again so we can give you some extra;) Have a great day! Kind regards, Ruben

시설도 깨끗하고, 위치도 좋았습니다. 무엇보다도 조식이 이제까지 가본 호스텔 중에서 제일 맛있었습니다!!! 다만 방이 좀 추웠습니다

A very well run hostel. The location is perhaps the best part. I would stay here again.

Excelente Hostel. O melhor que já fui! É um hostel grande com tudo organizado e esquematizado. Os quartos são bonitos e limpos. O café da manhã incluso é excelente (dois tipos de pão, queijos, presuntos, sucos, cafés, bolo, frutas, geleias, leite, cereais... Tudo muito bom! O que tem de melhor: - Banheiro suite - Café da manhã completo - Localização (no Vondelpark, perto da praça das museus e perto do centeo - de tram) Recomendo. Nota: 9,5

Hostel was fine, but maybe more family oriented than I was expecting. Also a bit expensive. Thank you

Great location! Staff very helpful really enjoyed the walking tour.

• 19th Dec 2015

Good location and very helpful staff but tiny storage spaces in the rooms!

• 18th Dec 2015

More like a hotel than a hostel. Nice place but it would be good to have a kitchen, or at least be allowed to bring your own food in! It would be pretty hard to meet people there as it had no atmosphere.. A lot of people asleep (or maybe dead?) in the common reception area. Bar was pretty quiet most nights we were there.. Quite a few families staying with kids which was weird but maybe because it's just before Xmas. Breakfast is the best EVER for a hostel (but prepare to queue up for it)

Hi there! I really like your review. Just for your information no guest were dead but just asleep in our nice comfi beds;). It was Xmas holidays in The Netherlands so there were some families too. It's a big compliment we have the best breakfast ever for a hostel, thanks for that. Come back the 27th of April.......It's Kingsday and a hell of a party in our hostel and in Amsterdam! Hope to see you soon! Cheers!!

Stayokay's reputation precedes them and this is my 2nd time in one of their hostels. This one is especially unique because it is quite literally in the middle of Vondelpark. Very clean hostel with good facilities and a very helpful staff. Van Gogh & Heineken are very close by as are several restaurants and bars. One thing that stands out with them is that they offer the best complimentary breakfast of any hostel I have ever stayed in. So good!

Good hostel, great location , very professional Ruben the staff member was amazing

Had a great experience at stay okay! Rooms are very basic but were sufficient for the night. Felt very safe with all the doors requiring your room key, and was also very impressed with the included breakfast! Staff was very friendly.

• 16th Dec 2015