Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

not enough plugs

No wi-fi in room, and poor wi-fi in reception.

• 17th Feb 2015

Hi thanks for your review! We only have Wifi in the lobby and in the bar, so that could be the reason.I hope you enjoyed your stay and our great city Amsterdam. Cheers! Ruben

Overall a good experience. There are some gripes however. The mattress was too firm and i woke up with a backache. The WIFI signal in our room was extremely bad and I couldn't connect to it.

Hi Chunn. It's correct that there's a poor Wifi signal in the room. But this spring it will chance! We are installing Wifi access in the whole building, so you can be online whenever you want! Please come to the reception next time when your mattress is to firm, so we can help you immediatly. A good night's sleep is one of our main priorities! Cheers Ruben

Hostel suits 18-20 y/o travellers. One or two very friendly staff members; one or two very unfriendly ones. Breakfast good.

Thanks for sharing! We get a lot of good reviews on our employees and we find customer service very important. Therefore I’m sorry to hear that some of our staff were unfriendly. I will discuss this with our staff. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city! Have a nice evening. Ruben

Endroit génial, imaginé à merveille pour les jeunes très bien situé à 3 minutes à pied de Leidseplein. Le personnel (à part la femme qui s'occupe des vélos - on dirait qu'elle travaille à contrecoeur sans sourire) est très sympathique, proche des voyageurs, parlent très bien anglais, prend le temps nécessaire aux explications et conseils,... Endroit à conseiller à 100%. Par contre, ce qui est dommage c'est la lampe de la sortie de secours dans les chambre qui reste allumée en permanence...

Merci beaucoup pour votre avis fantastique! Mon collègue est toujours de bonne humeur , peut-être y avait quelque chose ce jour-là , je vais lui demander . Néanmoins , nous sommes très heureux que tout allait bien . Nous espérons vous revoir bientôt ! Avoir une bonne soirée . Ruben

It's a very large hostel, so it has the atmosphere you'd expect - it doesn't have the family feel of a small hostel. That said, it was a good place to rest my head. Great facilities.

Thanks for your review and we are happy that you had a good place to rest your head. We would like to see you next time. Ruben

las camas son muy incomodas.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Maybe our new comfort plus room is something for you. We hope to see you next time! Have a great evening. Ruben

A lot better than what we have expected. I just wished that the wifi could be accessed from room.

We're glad that your stay was better than you expected. We hope to see you again! Greets Ruben

Das Hostel war einfach zu finden und die Lage ist auch schön. Die Mitarbeiter sind super freundlich und kompetent. Das Frühstück war aufgrund von Haaren nicht mein Fall, sonst ganz in Ordnung. Die Zimmer sind leider etwas veraltet und wir hatten etwas pech mit dem Bett. Oben fehlte ein Schutzgitter, sodass mein Freund die ganze Zeit Angst hatte raus zu fallen. Die Hygiene war wirklich unter aller sau. Das Bad war die ganze Zeit einfach nur ekelig und wurde nicht gereinigt.

• 5th Feb 2015

hi there great to hear were able to find the hostel easily and you liked our location. Thanks for the compliments about our staff. They do know a lot about Amsterdam. We have our own in-house cleaning department and my sincere apologies if the bathrooms were not cleaned daily. We do normally clean daily. Next time please inform reception so we can pick it up straight away and make sure you stay is even better next time. Regards, Jesse

I can't help but say that this is not the type of hostel I personally prefer staying it. For me it is pretty boring and more of a place where you want to stay when you are searching for quietness or a family friendly environment.

I was very pleasantly surprised!

Great to hear, we love to surprise our guests in a positive way!

20人部屋に滞在しました。 お部屋は割と清潔で、部屋に4つシャワーがついていたので良かったです! ただ、部屋にコンセント差し込みプラグが2つしかなかったのが、大変不便でした。

great to hear you liked our showers. You can always charge stuff @ reception.

Good hostel, good breakfast :)

No tiene wifi en los cuartos y las toallas son caras, solo se pueden comprar. El desayuno muy completo, el mejor que tuvimos. Lo recomendaría y volvería definitivamente.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and you would recommend us. You can bring your own towel or buy one from us for EUR 4,50 the same price as in a shop.

Our stay was perfect! The only inconvenient was that the Internet is not available in te rooms.

Dear guest, thanks for great review.and yes we do only have Wifi @ the dowstairs area.

Hostel perfeito, silencioso e café da manhã maravilhoso!!

Thank you, we love our breakfast as well. hope to see you again.

Nice place, good facilities, met some fantastic people. Would definitely stay there if I'm in Amsterdam again!

Thanks for great comments !

Rien à redire, tout était très bien, personnel accueillant et serviable, chambre propre, spacieuse et confortable, petit déjeuner servi entre 7h30 et 10h très bon ! Merci encore, nous y reviendrons !

• 16th Jan 2015

Merci pour les compliments. Nous espérons vous revoir!

Très bonne auberge de jeunesse, bien placé, bon petit déjeuner, chambre propre.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Merci pour les compliments sur notre bon emplacement, bon petit déjeuner, chambre propre.

The location is good. And the area is quiet. I felt safe and the breakfast was amazing! Stayokay is very big and so it is not easy to meet people. I only met new friends in my room. Other than that it is a great place to spend few days and visit the city!

Dear guest, thanks for your great comments about our location, safety and our breakfast. Good to hear you met some friends in the room. We also have a walking tour leaving daily @ 10:40 to meet some people, or perhaps in our bar or pub-crawl?