Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

nice breakfast. it's not close dam square, red light but this in not problem because, you can by walk, bicycle, tram etc.

Hi there, Yes our location is close to the Vondelpark, Museumsquare and Leidsesquare (=restaurants and pubs.) Dam Square and Red Lights are about a 30 minute walk away, or 15 minute tramride.

Beautiful location and great breakfast.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Fantastico il Stay ok vicino il VondelPark!Un ostello moderno progettato davvero per chi viaggia all avventura!Sono stato in una camera da 6 mista con bagno separato dalla doccia,pulita e di sufficiente ampiezza per non esser troppo invadenti con gli altri.Colazione extra abbondante!Ce n è per tutti i gusti!Situato vicino al vondel park e Vangogh museum.25 minuti a piedi dal centro di Amsterdam!

Not my favourite hostel. More like a hotel with very little atmosphere. There are people all ages staying here including teenagers who appeared to be on a school trip. Loved the park next door but it's a bit far out of the main city area. The actual rooms were fine. Really liked that you could hire bikes at the hostel and staff were helpful. Probably wouldn't stay here again unless there were no other options.

As mentioned, the breakfast is totally worth it to stay at this hostel. As well as the beautiful location practically in Vondlepark. I will stay here again.

The atmosphere in the hostel isn't good, and guests don't get personal treatment. Also the corridors stank with mold, and the beds weren't comfortable.

I'm sorry that you had such a tough time getting everything to your liking. I was surprised to read your comments regarding our service and staff. We get a lot of good reviews on our employees and we find customer service very important. You also mentioned that our hostel was “moldy”. We take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay. I apologize for all the inconveniences during your stay. Regards, Jesse Front Office & Online

Unser 8er Bett Zimmer war geräumig und gemütlich, das Personal freundlich, sowie hilfsbereit und das Frühstück für das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis gut. Wir hatten einen angenehmen Aufenthalt. Das Hostel ist wirklich weiterzuempfehlen!

• 1st Oct 2014

Danke schon !

Very clean! Amazing breakfast, helpful staff. There was alot of teenagers there in massive groups so the atmosphere wasnt too great. But thats no big deal :) wifi could of been better, but it was slow because there was sooo many people.

excellent location, great bar!

I really love this place. Super friendly and helpful staff. I had some mail arrive after I had left and they contacted me immediately and forwarded it on to my next location that day. I was so pleased with the whole experience... Very clean, great bikes to hire, great facilities and a cool, young atmosphere. I would highly recommend to everyone.

todo perfecto es la segunda vez que me hospedo en el hostel y me sigue pareciendo perfecto,sin duda si vuelvo volveria a el.

Breakfast was great, bike hire great, location ok. Pricey storage, getting there early and having to pay for pretty much 24 hours worth of storage was frustrating.

Feels like your staying at a hotel rather than a hostel. The room I was in felt like a military dorm room, not a lot of character. The bar/restaurant they have was okay. No WiFi unless you head to reception. No group outings organized by the hostel which I found strange, considering there seemed to be a hundred+ people staying on site. Maybe it was because most people staying there seemed to be under 20 years old.

Miserable staff at times but I didn't book it for the friendly service. Location was a good 10 minutes from the centre. The hostel itself was of very good quality and everything felt very secure.

A nice place to stay for some days. Well organized. Easy going.

Great breakfast

Not enough plugs in the room. It wasn't possible to access internet in the room, only ta common areas and it was hard to establish connection.

I only have good things to say about this hostel, with the exception that wifi only works in lobby area. Breakfast was a good variety. Rooms was clean and simple. Location is great with vondelpark adjacent to it, and Leidseplein nearby which has plenty of restaurants to choose from; Van Gogh museum and amsterdam sign are walking distance. Amsterdam was my favorite city from my eurotrip and this hostel just made it that much more enjoyable :)

was okay but very pricey and facilities expensive

Best hostel I've stayed in on my Europe trip. The hostel is located right on the beautiful park, a short bike ride away from the museums and the city centre. Bike hire for a good price which is a must in Amsterdam. The reception always had three people working during my stay as it's so busy with stag nights and school trips. Best free breakfast I've had in 5 months of travelling! Cereals, fruit, tea, coffee, juices, different breads, crackers, ham, cheese etc! Wifi only in common areas and bar.