Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is in an amazing location right on vondelparks doorstep, with a nice cheap bar where you can enjoy some nice trappist beers. Pretty average hostel chain, but lacking one thing...plug sockets!! In a room of about 14 we had 4 sockets. Not too much atmosphere but sitting out in the little courtyard was the best place to meet people at night.

One of the best hostels I have stayed ever, the staff were very polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet was amazing, good variety and healthier than other hostels. The location was lovely. Will stay again and will recommend to friends and other fellow travellers I meet.

Thanks for your great review and recommendations! We are very happy tp hear that your stay was nice and comfortable. Come back anytime!

Faire des animations le soir pour que les gens puissent se rencontrer

• 3rd Aug 2015

Expensive for what the facility offered. Although the location can be good and bad. It's good as it's close to a park, and quieter, but farther from the red light district, where more of the action is. The breakfast line is also impossibly long in the morning.

Thanks for your review, have a great day!

Hostel was in good location- walking distance to main centre but quicker via tram. We were happy with the breakfast included, selection of nice bread, cereal, fruit and yogurt. Room was basic, not the smartest or cleanest but no issues. Would say its fairly cheap however ive stayed in hostels and this was one of the highest price but not the best.

Didn't have a kitchen where you could cook evening meals like other hostels. However they did have free breakfast which makes up for that! The showers were awful, turned from scolding hot to freezing cold. I Because it was such a large hostel, it didn't feel as homely, no activities that promoted socialising with other people in the hostel. In the 20 bed room, there were around 4 plug sockets. However great location, right next to the park, which has an amazingly chilled atmosphere.

Thanks for all the information and feedback so we can improve the hostel;). Have a great day and we would like to see you again! Have a great day

As the name of the hostel suggests, your stay will be just okay. Our room was tiny and the price was way too high. The hostel was in a very crowded touristy area, which, while close to the center, is less pleasant when you want to see actual Amsterdam. Also has more of the feel of a hotel given the large lobby and families prancing around. If you want a stay that's better than okay, check out a more off the beaten path hostel.

The prices in Amsterdam are during the high season pretty high unfortunately. Normally the area around the Vondelpark is pretty quit compare to other parts in Amsterdam. Maybe there was something going on in the park? I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city of Amsterdam. Have a great evening!

Stayokay is a pretty cool spot. Walking distance from the main square and the red light district, and close to a tram stop for the train station. Also right next to very large Vondel park. Staff were nice, rooms clean, breakfast good.

Excelentes las instalaciones. Buen ambiente y excelente servicio.

Stayokay Vondelpark was amazing. The staff is extremely friendly and even goes the extra mile to help you figure out where to go and what to do. Most guests are relatively young (early 20's) and the bar downstairs makes it easy to meet people passing through. I would 100% stay here again if I were to visit Amsterdam, every dollar is worth the price.

• 31st Jul 2015

Wow! Thanks for your super kind review, we are very happy to hear that your stay was really awesome! Looking forward to see you during your next stay!

Bell'ostello di fianco al parco principale. Comodo per girare in tutta Amsterdam. L'unica pecca oltre all'atmosfera non esaltante è la mancanza di una cucina(ci è stato detto che era riservata solo al personale nonostante sul sito fosse scritto che era disponibile).

unfortunately I didn't get to stay at this hostel and cancelled with less than required notice. I accepted the charge as I was in the wrong however I was overcharged and had to follow it up. I didn't find the customer service particularly helpful especially when they requested an absurd amount of personal information in order to refund. I must thank them for the particularly useful gesture of free drinks in the bar (I live on a different continent). check the amount they charge on check in.

Well I'm glad the staff fixed the problem and you had free drinks during waiting;). Have a great day!

Un accueil Top ;) un emplacement idéal, proche de vondelpark et centre d'Amsterdam! Proposer des locations de velo à l'auberge est une vraie aubene. 11€ la journée je trouve cela très correct! Un Ptit dejeuner compris dans la nuitée ca aussi c'est plutôt cool. Et quel choix! BRAVO. Un seul bémol tout de même. Le manque de prises dans les chambres et une douche pour une chambre de 10 un peu limite tout de même..... Mais je reviendrais a Stayokay si je devais repasser à Amsterdam!!!

Generally was a great stay. Location & facilities were great. Staffs were very helpful. Common area & bedroom were spacious and clean. En suite bathroom was plus point. Breakfast was great. Booked for just a night but the other hostel I've booked was not at my liking, Hence stay here for another 2 nights. Thanks for blocking the room while I went to cancel my other hostel. But, the power point is too little, not at every bed. Should improve on this part.

Nothing bad to say, everything went fine. Good staff, good rooms, good environment, very well located

It gets the job done for sure. A bit too big and corporate for my tastes, and no real communal feel (though there is a bar and large common area, just not conducive to meeting people). The free breakfast was quite nice, and bike rentals for only 11€ was nice (they also have a secure bikeshed for your bike at night). They provide sheets but no towels. About a 10 minute bike ride to the touristy areas or a 25 minute walk. It is quite close to van gogh and rijksmuseum though which was nice.

Thanks for your great review, nice that you enjoyed our bike rental, biking is really a must when in Amsterdam! Hope to see you again, regards!

The room was pretty small but adequate. My mattress was extremely thin.. I could feel the metal bars of the bed frame through it. The room did have a decent ensuite bathroom setup. The bathroom in my 8 bed room had a mirrored sink area, toilet (separated from sink area with locking door), and 2 showers (separated from sink area by locking doors). Breakfast is good and included. Laundry facilities are available (I believe it cost me $7 for both wash and dry).

Solid stay. It's basically like a hotel, but cheaper and with tons of people around. It's the least social hostel I've stayed in, but it's not antisocial, just not encouraging in any particular way. Everything was clean and proper. Location is good for all but Red Light District. Breakfast was awesome. Also this place is excessively secure to the point that friends not staying at the hostel can't come in to the common area.

• 28th Jul 2015

Thanks for your review and giving us this feedback, we are indeed very strict with letting other people in the hostel that are not staying here as a guests, luckily there are a lot of public places 5 minutes walk from here where you can meet up. Glad to know you still had a proper stay in Amsterdam!

Realmente bueno, lo único es la ubicación que no es la mejor para los lugares más turísticos pero siempre puedes agarrar un tram o caminar.

The hostel was in a good location walkable distance to the city centre and next to Vondelpark. It had good security and the staff were really nice. The atmosphere was okay and perhaps cause it was raining the rooms didn't feel the cleanest but it wasn't definitely not dirty or anything. A good hostel to stay in but I don't think it's worth the price you have to pay for a room for what you get.