Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We had a great time at stayokay. It is located in vondel park, which was awesome. Everything is within walking distance/ even quicker when you hire a bike. The breakfast buffet was awesome. Not a party hostel, but very comfortable and accessible

• 25th Oct 2015

Staff were really helpfull stored our huge bags as were moving back to AUS from the U.K and had good lockers in the room breakfast was real good as well. I also love walking through the park everyday

Great you had such a good time and liked our staff that much! Come back soon;) Cheers!

I was pleasantly surprised by the hostel. The faculty was great and very accommodating. After a little mistake with our reservations, they made a couple changes and were very helpful. The food and drinks are also really good there with great music. The only annoying thing was that the wifi was a little spotty when a lot of people were around, especially down by the front desk. But the hostel itself has a nice location, nothing is too far to walk to.

Thanks for your nice review and excellent score, we are happy that we got to resolve the issues you had with the reservation. Glad to know you had an great time here, hope to see you back someday!

This was a decent hostel in a good neighborhood. If you're a bit younger and enjoy the college dorm vibe with group hangout areas, then this will be a good spot. For me it resonated a bit too much like a hostel chain that tries to yell about how cool they are. With that said, it was a comfortable place to sleep.

Weeee arrrreeee COOOOOLL! I hope to see you next time my friend;) Have a nice day. Gr Ruben

Stayok was a good choice for my stay in Amsterdam. The location is excellent, it's possible to visit all main turistic points on foot. Staff is very kind and helpful. The bar has good options for drink and also some options of meals. Snack machines is also a facility that makes difference. It's strongly recommended!!!

An overall great stay. It's the only place in Amsterdam I've stayed at so can't compare. The breakfast was good, quick and well chosen. The addition of bananas would have been great with the delicious apples. My only frustration with the hostel was lack of wall chargers by our beds. There are individual lights, which was excellent, however if StayOK could look at attaching sockets to these lights, it would make the stay more than OK! Good up the good work.

Thanks for your great review, your wish will be granted: in the near future there will be a personal charger next to every bed, some of the beds already have this actually :) Kind regards

Clean hostel in a good location. It is huge and very hotel like so not a great place for solo travellers to meet people. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall a nice stay.

The breakfast was particularly great! The best I have had in a hostel! The rooms are spacious and the individual lights over the beds are really a good idea. I would stay again, and definitely recommend it.

Dorm rooms have their own shower and toilet facilities but no hand soap-why not?

We have hand soap at the reception, but you have to ask for it. It's also possible to bring your own toiletries. We don't have it in the room like an hotel because we are a hostel. One of the reasons is that we can provide lower prices compare to a hotel;). I hope you enjoyed the rest and loved Amsterdam! Please visit us again! Have a nice day

Nice hostel and quiet location tucked away in an alley off Vondelpark. Awesome breakfast each morning! Wasn't a great place to meet people though as there seemed to be many high school aged kids staying there on a class trip or something.

Nice hostel with a great location. Quite big and a typical HI flair but reasonable priced and a good breakfast is included.

Bit outside the thick of things but personally I enjoyed being sway from the hustle and bustle after I was done with it. Short walking distance to the heart of the city, even closer to the fantastic museums, and right next to a gorgeous park. Great rooms and friendly, cool staff as well. Not as many people seemed to hang and chill out at the hostel so not the most social experience. Than again, it's Amsterdam. No one goes to Amsterdam too hang out at their hostel;)

Awesome hostel! Modern, clean, secure, great location. This place felt like a resort. Great bang for your buck. Would definitely return!

Very big hostel but everything worked very smoothly; it's certainly a well run "machine"! If you are looking for a cosy, family-feel hostel this is not it, but the location is perfect, very clean, great facilities, tons of information, good breakfast and very good wifi. Expensive for a hostel (but probably not compared to Amsterdam standards).

Thanks for your review, good to know that everything went smooth during your stay!!! Have a great evening and hope to see you back again

Good overall conditions except poor WiFi reception in room. Apart from that, all good.

The hostel is well located. Almost inside Vondelpark. Didn't stayed a long time in the hostel, but the breakfast is good (beside the long line to take the food). The bar is good and the beer is the cheapest I found at the town. It was my second time there. So, I recommended!

Thanks for your review and comments, glad to know you enjoyed our bar and had a good time here. Hope to see you also the 3rd time!

Clean, nice, safe. You get everything you could want as a thrifty traveler. Even their breakfast is excellent. This is hotel quality at hostel cost.

It would be nice if liquid soap for hand washing in the bathroom could be provided by the Hostel.

This hostel is part of a relatively commercial chain of hostels. Feels a bit more like a budget hotel. Location is great, not right in the center but good neighborhood and easy to get to. Space is clean and organized. Breakfast is large and included. They seem to get a lot of large school groups of 20+ people and families so that impacts the vibe in the common areas and in some of the dorms depending which groups are around, but it's a clean, easy place to stay overall.

Great hostel in a perfect location! Vondel park is literally next door. Free breakfast has good options. Highly recommend staying here :)

Thanks for recommending! Safe travels and kind regards