Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

+ -very friendly staff. -Fast and easy check-in, - -No water available (only soft drinks) -No double bed in a private twin room -Beds were not made upon arrival (we arrived late and only wanted to sleep, not make our bed) -No towels available, no soap available (never seen in any hostel in Amsterdam). For a single day, we didn't take towels, and were unable to take a shower the next day. -Expensive -Service in room was the poorest ever seen in Amsterdam (stayed in 10 different hostels)

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Luxembourg

Not the most centrally located hostel but being right next to Vondelpark has its perks. Overall a pretty solid hostel.

Sí expensive, but still a great hostel

I persinally found the atmosphere here to be slightly impersonal since it was such a big hostel, but the staff were friendly and helpful and there were very complete and functional facilities.

There is a pickpocket near the hostel.

Very large for-profit hostel. close proximity and good value for price.

• 25th Jun 2014

The location is phenomenal and it's a great spot to navigate towards as home base. Everything was great other than the wifi only being in the common area. The breakfast was a tad bland but the location alone makes it.

• 24th Jun 2014

Loved everything about the hostel - especially the amazing breakfast. Will definitely go back.

Great hostel, no complaints, except that i think there should be individual outlets in the beds. Best breakfast from the hostels i've visited.

Great location! Close to the museums and nightlife scene outside of the red light district, but close enough to the red light if you fancy a short walk. Bar was a good place to me folks. The one down side was the at time large amount of children and lack of plugs. Still, the location near Vondel park is the best attribute.

Security: My lock had trouble fitting on your lockers due to their construction. Location: Stellar. Staff: Bar staff was inattentive and somewhat rude. Atmosphere: No complaints. Cleanliness: Sheet service / packaging was great. Value: Loved the included breakfast. Facilities: The WiFi's limited availability and incredibly slow speed created some frustration and timing issues for me. Including soap in bathroom areas would have been nice.

one word: amazing !!

• 20th Jun 2014

Very nice to hear birds singing outside the window rather than street noise! Great location, good hostel and nice breakfast. WiFi only in the reception area. Few electrical outlets in the room.

In a great location. We had a 2 person twin bunds and bathroom. It was very clean, breakfast was basic but nutritional and good. Lockers available and staff friendly. I was myself female 49 and daughter 22 travelling. I felt very safe.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you and you daughter enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked our location and breakfast. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Fairly standard youth hostel but has everything you need. Good location and good breakfast!

Breakfast wad the best out of any hostel/hotel I've stayed at in Europe, and it was free! The location is good, much quieter than other parts of town and not a lot of people just looking to get high in Amsterdam. I would definitely stay here again. Staff is a little snarky, but not a big deal.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you liked our breakfast and our atmosphere and location. We are looking forward to welcoming again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great hostel but people didn't seem to mix much or make friends amongst each other, low on the community aspect!

As a solo traveler I never enjoy staying at YHAs because of all of the school groups and old people (I'm being honest here) but if you're travelling in a group this place is perfect. A great location and very good free breakfast are the biggest pluses for me.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast and location. We do indeed have all kinds of people, which makes a stay even more interesting in our opinion. We also have groups from time to time, but we try to keep them together so that they do not cause any inconveniences for other guests. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Was a bit annoying to only have certain small area have wifi.

• 16th Jun 2014

staff was great. 4.50E for a towel seems pricy.