Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Everyone there was in high school with their teachers(school group trip).Not the best social environment.The bar seemed nice and served food.The bathrooms were clean.The breakfast(free) was delicious&they had a huge assortment.Only wifi in the common rooms.A girl we met had all of her clothes turn purple in the wash so I do not recommend doing laundry there(they were not helpful or sympathetic).The staff seemed okay but not the most friendly.Close to lots of restaurants&many tram stops.

Hello there. Thanks for the compliments regarding the bar and breakfast. We do also cater to schoolgroups, but always try to keep the balance with individual bookings. September and October this year was quite busy with groups, but also lots of indi-travellers.

The facilities in this hostel were excellent the only downside is be prepared to be shoved out of the way in the bar by tons of children on school trips! Schools use this hostel for trips and the children/teenagers are everywhere. Everywhere! Lounging on the couches, breaking glasses in the bar, it's hard to meet anyone in the same age group as yourself! So if you are alright with teen central than StayOkay is the place to go.

Hello there. Thanks for the compliments regarding the facilities. We do also cater to schoolgroups, but always try to keep the balance with individual bookings. September and October this year was quite busy with groups, but also lots of indi-travellers.

nice breakfast. it's not close dam square, red light but this in not problem because, you can by walk, bicycle, tram etc.

Hi there, Yes our location is close to the Vondelpark, Museumsquare and Leidsesquare (=restaurants and pubs.) Dam Square and Red Lights are about a 30 minute walk away, or 15 minute tramride.

Beautiful location and great breakfast.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Not my favourite hostel. More like a hotel with very little atmosphere. There are people all ages staying here including teenagers who appeared to be on a school trip. Loved the park next door but it's a bit far out of the main city area. The actual rooms were fine. Really liked that you could hire bikes at the hostel and staff were helpful. Probably wouldn't stay here again unless there were no other options.

As mentioned, the breakfast is totally worth it to stay at this hostel. As well as the beautiful location practically in Vondlepark. I will stay here again.

The atmosphere in the hostel isn't good, and guests don't get personal treatment. Also the corridors stank with mold, and the beds weren't comfortable.

I'm sorry that you had such a tough time getting everything to your liking. I was surprised to read your comments regarding our service and staff. We get a lot of good reviews on our employees and we find customer service very important. You also mentioned that our hostel was “moldy”. We take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay. I apologize for all the inconveniences during your stay. Regards, Jesse Front Office & Online

Very clean! Amazing breakfast, helpful staff. There was alot of teenagers there in massive groups so the atmosphere wasnt too great. But thats no big deal :) wifi could of been better, but it was slow because there was sooo many people.

excellent location, great bar!

I really love this place. Super friendly and helpful staff. I had some mail arrive after I had left and they contacted me immediately and forwarded it on to my next location that day. I was so pleased with the whole experience... Very clean, great bikes to hire, great facilities and a cool, young atmosphere. I would highly recommend to everyone.

Breakfast was great, bike hire great, location ok. Pricey storage, getting there early and having to pay for pretty much 24 hours worth of storage was frustrating.

Feels like your staying at a hotel rather than a hostel. The room I was in felt like a military dorm room, not a lot of character. The bar/restaurant they have was okay. No WiFi unless you head to reception. No group outings organized by the hostel which I found strange, considering there seemed to be a hundred+ people staying on site. Maybe it was because most people staying there seemed to be under 20 years old.

Miserable staff at times but I didn't book it for the friendly service. Location was a good 10 minutes from the centre. The hostel itself was of very good quality and everything felt very secure.

A nice place to stay for some days. Well organized. Easy going.

Great breakfast

Not enough plugs in the room. It wasn't possible to access internet in the room, only ta common areas and it was hard to establish connection.

I only have good things to say about this hostel, with the exception that wifi only works in lobby area. Breakfast was a good variety. Rooms was clean and simple. Location is great with vondelpark adjacent to it, and Leidseplein nearby which has plenty of restaurants to choose from; Van Gogh museum and amsterdam sign are walking distance. Amsterdam was my favorite city from my eurotrip and this hostel just made it that much more enjoyable :)

was okay but very pricey and facilities expensive

Best hostel I've stayed in on my Europe trip. The hostel is located right on the beautiful park, a short bike ride away from the museums and the city centre. Bike hire for a good price which is a must in Amsterdam. The reception always had three people working during my stay as it's so busy with stag nights and school trips. Best free breakfast I've had in 5 months of travelling! Cereals, fruit, tea, coffee, juices, different breads, crackers, ham, cheese etc! Wifi only in common areas and bar.

I like this hostel, the location is perfect, but to me is too big and you feel more in a big school than a hostel to have fun!