Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location! Close to the museums and nightlife scene outside of the red light district, but close enough to the red light if you fancy a short walk. Bar was a good place to me folks. The one down side was the at time large amount of children and lack of plugs. Still, the location near Vondel park is the best attribute.

Security: My lock had trouble fitting on your lockers due to their construction. Location: Stellar. Staff: Bar staff was inattentive and somewhat rude. Atmosphere: No complaints. Cleanliness: Sheet service / packaging was great. Value: Loved the included breakfast. Facilities: The WiFi's limited availability and incredibly slow speed created some frustration and timing issues for me. Including soap in bathroom areas would have been nice.

one word: amazing !!

• 20th Jun 2014

Very nice to hear birds singing outside the window rather than street noise! Great location, good hostel and nice breakfast. WiFi only in the reception area. Few electrical outlets in the room.

In a great location. We had a 2 person twin bunds and bathroom. It was very clean, breakfast was basic but nutritional and good. Lockers available and staff friendly. I was myself female 49 and daughter 22 travelling. I felt very safe.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you and you daughter enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked our location and breakfast. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Fairly standard youth hostel but has everything you need. Good location and good breakfast!

Breakfast wad the best out of any hostel/hotel I've stayed at in Europe, and it was free! The location is good, much quieter than other parts of town and not a lot of people just looking to get high in Amsterdam. I would definitely stay here again. Staff is a little snarky, but not a big deal.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you liked our breakfast and our atmosphere and location. We are looking forward to welcoming again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great hostel but people didn't seem to mix much or make friends amongst each other, low on the community aspect!

As a solo traveler I never enjoy staying at YHAs because of all of the school groups and old people (I'm being honest here) but if you're travelling in a group this place is perfect. A great location and very good free breakfast are the biggest pluses for me.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast and location. We do indeed have all kinds of people, which makes a stay even more interesting in our opinion. We also have groups from time to time, but we try to keep them together so that they do not cause any inconveniences for other guests. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Was a bit annoying to only have certain small area have wifi.

• 16th Jun 2014

staff was great. 4.50E for a towel seems pricy.

Felt like more of a giant hotel rather than a hostel. However, the staff were all very helpful and knowledgable.

not the best not the worst

The hostel was clean and modern and fulfilled most of our needs. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was amazing. But it was just missing that special something that makes a holiday memorable. And the wifi is terrible.

Location in Vondelpark was key for our experience. We met a lot of different amazing people and had access to various facilities and activities. It was very central to everything we wanted to see and do. The dining and drinking options within the hostel itself was perfect. Overall, the hostel allowed us to experience Amsterdam the way we had hoped.

This place has a great location-great atmosphere- very friendly! We had no troubles at all, slept comfortably and loved our stay! The Park Entrance is so close that we couldn't help but rent some bikes and stay on those exploring the city and enjoying Amstterdam. This is THE PLACE TO STAY. Bike rental is cheap- because you put down money and get most all of it back- JUST KEEP UP WITH YOUR RECEIPT!!!

• 12th Jun 2014

Spotless, great location, fun events in the bar and a great breakfast included every morning! Have already recommended this hostel to others, and will definitely stay again if ever in Amsterdam

I would not opt to sign up for an 18-20 person room again. I had the worst sleep due to people constantly coming in and out all night long. Just normal I guess for a large number of people in one space.

Pretty good hostel. It's about a 15 minute tram ride from Centraal. And then a 5 minute (the hostel isn't on the main road, it's inside a tinier road that splits off from it). Good location though, near lots of places to eat and see. Definitely take their city tours. Atmosphere was okay, I guess it's what you make of it. There were some people who would just sit on their phones and laptops in the lobby. And there were others having fun at the bar.

Pretty nice hostel, and it is fun because you meet so many people in the common areas. The bar was nice too. Definitely eat the dinners at the hostel and the breakfasts. Their breakfast was amazing, it actually had meat and eggs for once. The dinners are brought in my a cook, and only cost around 7 euro. The rooms were clean and we had no problems