Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A lot better than what we have expected. I just wished that the wifi could be accessed from room.

We're glad that your stay was better than you expected. We hope to see you again! Greets Ruben

Das Hostel war einfach zu finden und die Lage ist auch schön. Die Mitarbeiter sind super freundlich und kompetent. Das Frühstück war aufgrund von Haaren nicht mein Fall, sonst ganz in Ordnung. Die Zimmer sind leider etwas veraltet und wir hatten etwas pech mit dem Bett. Oben fehlte ein Schutzgitter, sodass mein Freund die ganze Zeit Angst hatte raus zu fallen. Die Hygiene war wirklich unter aller sau. Das Bad war die ganze Zeit einfach nur ekelig und wurde nicht gereinigt.

• 5th Feb 2015

hi there great to hear were able to find the hostel easily and you liked our location. Thanks for the compliments about our staff. They do know a lot about Amsterdam. We have our own in-house cleaning department and my sincere apologies if the bathrooms were not cleaned daily. We do normally clean daily. Next time please inform reception so we can pick it up straight away and make sure you stay is even better next time. Regards, Jesse

I can't help but say that this is not the type of hostel I personally prefer staying it. For me it is pretty boring and more of a place where you want to stay when you are searching for quietness or a family friendly environment.

I was very pleasantly surprised!

Great to hear, we love to surprise our guests in a positive way!

20人部屋に滞在しました。 お部屋は割と清潔で、部屋に4つシャワーがついていたので良かったです! ただ、部屋にコンセント差し込みプラグが2つしかなかったのが、大変不便でした。

great to hear you liked our showers. You can always charge stuff @ reception.

Good hostel, good breakfast :)

No tiene wifi en los cuartos y las toallas son caras, solo se pueden comprar. El desayuno muy completo, el mejor que tuvimos. Lo recomendaría y volvería definitivamente.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and you would recommend us. You can bring your own towel or buy one from us for EUR 4,50 the same price as in a shop.

Our stay was perfect! The only inconvenient was that the Internet is not available in te rooms.

Dear guest, thanks for great review.and yes we do only have Wifi @ the dowstairs area.

Hostel perfeito, silencioso e café da manhã maravilhoso!!

Thank you, we love our breakfast as well. hope to see you again.

Nice place, good facilities, met some fantastic people. Would definitely stay there if I'm in Amsterdam again!

Thanks for great comments !

Rien à redire, tout était très bien, personnel accueillant et serviable, chambre propre, spacieuse et confortable, petit déjeuner servi entre 7h30 et 10h très bon ! Merci encore, nous y reviendrons !

• 16th Jan 2015

Merci pour les compliments. Nous espérons vous revoir!

Très bonne auberge de jeunesse, bien placé, bon petit déjeuner, chambre propre.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Merci pour les compliments sur notre bon emplacement, bon petit déjeuner, chambre propre.

The location is good. And the area is quiet. I felt safe and the breakfast was amazing! Stayokay is very big and so it is not easy to meet people. I only met new friends in my room. Other than that it is a great place to spend few days and visit the city!

Dear guest, thanks for your great comments about our location, safety and our breakfast. Good to hear you met some friends in the room. We also have a walking tour leaving daily @ 10:40 to meet some people, or perhaps in our bar or pub-crawl?

El personal es excelente, todos son muy amables y te dan muy buena orientación, los cuatos son espaciosos, lo único es que estaría mejor que el Internet llegara a las habitaciones.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Hi there, thanks for your kind words regarding our staff. Yes we do always try to give our guests as much information about our great city as we can.

Best breakfast I have ever had at a hostel, hands down. The room I stayed in was spacious, the bed was decent, and the shower was good. Be prepared for being woken up in the middle of the night by loud roommates. But I guess that's Amsterdam for you: party destination for many teenagers.

Hi there, great to hear you really enjoyed our breakfast. Also good you liked our rooms and beds. A pity you were woken up in the middle of the night, but it seems you took it the right way. We do however ask everybody to be considerate in the rooms,especially after 22:00 in the evening. So feel free to say something about it, or inform the reception. Hope to see you again !

Uno de los mejores hostel que conocí. Impecable recomiendo y volvería. Muchas gracias.

hi there grand to hear this was one of the best hostels you stayed at. We love to hear that. See you next time.

The only problem was that our hostel knew that there was going to be construction taking place on the other side of the wall to our room and still placed us in that room. We were woken up at 7:30am after hanging out all night and were pissed we had to get up and wait till 2 to get a new room. Besides that the stay was great.

• 6th Jan 2015

Hi there, I found your reservation and luckily we were able to change your rooms. Because we were nearly full we had no room available straight away, apologies for this. Our hostel-manager has the agreement with our neighbors that there will be no construction before 09:00. I will forward your message to him to make sure it will not happen again. Nice to see you still rate your overall stay as GREAT ! Regards, Jesse - Front Office and Customer Service employee.

This is a very nice hostel, it's almost more like a hotel sometimes. Everyone from families to backpackers stay here. It's very secure, you need a keycard to get in, to get to your dorm area, and to get into you room. The staff was helpful and always courteous and were able to answer all of my questions. The breakfast is a great value as well, the food is nice and well prepared. Everybody mentions the WiFi issue, so I won't get into that. I'd gladly stay here again.

Thank you for such a high mark. Your right; we've got a mixed public, from families to backpackers and everything in between. Great to hear you liked our staff, we do always try to answer all questions from our guests - that's what we do. Our breakfast is great, we love it too. See you again !

I wish there was WiFi in the rooms! I know it is eco-friendly, but still, internet is basic to travelers. Other than that, it is a very nice place.

Thanks for your overall great mark. We do have free Wifi downstairs. Regards, Jesse

No me quede en el hostal pero se ve muy bien y el ambiente estaba muy bien

Stay with us next time, but great you liked it anyway ;-)