Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is in a good location, staff was nice. My only negative is that the rooms were a little dirty, and so were the showers in the rooms. We had trash left from previous guest all over the table our whole stay. And used bedsheets stayed on the floor for two days.....this might have been an isolated incident, but I'm not sure

Hi there, It must be a isolated accident, because we clean the whole hostel and rooms every day with a big team. Please come to the reception next time when something feels not correct so we can fix it immediately. We always want to provide a clean room and a amazing stay therefore our apologize. We hope to see you another time;) Have a great day! Greetz Ruben

Probably the best free hostel breakfast spread I've encountered. Love Vondelpark so location was trill

Great you liked the breakfast so much and our location! See you again soon;) Ciao

Stay okay was cool. The staff is really nice and knowledgable. Theu have activites posted all over the lobby and if you buy your ticket there you get a dicount! The bar crawl was really fun and you get a free t-shirt. Free breakfast every morning could be better, but hey it's free. Great location close to shopping, attractions, restaurants and tram and bus stops. Mattresses are comfy as well. I would recommend.

Thanks for this rating and information. The pubcrawl is always fun, i'm glad you remember it still:p. It would be great if we see you again! Have a nice evening. Greetz

Too big for my liking but the hostel was clean and the breakfast was great. The location is awesome if you want to be close to downtown.

Thanks for your opinion and rating. We hope to see you again! Have a great day

It would be nice if there were some sort of paper towels/hand drying mechanism in the bathrooms! They ended up soaked by the middle of the day due to lack of this.

stayed here for a week. the hostel is very big and hosted a lot of large groups (young school kids) while I was there. the dorms and bathrooms are cleaned daily so cleanliness is excellent but I can't say the atmosphere is the most social.

Excellent location on the side of Vondelpark. Good security. Plenty of common areas & lots of room.

Thanks for your review and rating. We are happy that you were happy about everything! See you next time! Ciao

Common area so good. Quite good bar. Excellent location. Excellent free breakfast. WiFi connection really BAD. NO kitchen. NO microwave. Only 2 plugs for six persons in the room. This place is oriented to the business of the bar/restaurant, it's not good for backpackers.

Hi thanks for your review and rating! Next time you can bring all your devices to the reception and we will charge it for you. I'm sorry we don't have a kitchen to cook or microwave, but I hope you found some good and cheap food at the Leidseplein or other street nearby! Have a great day!

It's a massive hostel, that admits school groups and organised tours, so for us it wasn't a good choice. there was nothing wrong with the hostel per se, but it just didn't have a friendly homey hostely feeling. It was clean, good location, ok price for a private double room. But it's a budget hotel rather than a hostel. There was no feeling of community, now living room as such, no cooking together. It's fine if you're looking for a very basic hotel.

Thabks for your review! I hope you enjoyed our great city and found some delicious food somewhere else, instead of cooking. A lot of people here meet in our bar, I hope you didn't missed that?! We would like to see you again, have a great and safe trip! Cheers!

great hostel I would highly recommend it for people traveling solo. has a great common area and decent location and breakfast

The hostel is well located, next to Vondelpark and 5min walk to Leidseplein, the rooms are ok, but the bathrooms (both in the room and in the public areas) smells like the Municipal sewer. Also I didn´t like that you have to make your own bed when you get to the hostel. A positvite thing, they have bikes available for rent (eventhoug we couldn´t rent because they we all rented).

Hi there! Thanks for your review. Next time you can also book a private plus room. We will make up your bed every day and you sleep in a boxspring;). Please make a reservation next time to be sure you have a bike. See you next time! Ciao

It was a really nice hostel. Nicer than most hostels actually, just maybe I felt the room wasn't as clean as I had expected for an expensive hostel. And they don't give you locks for the locker. You have to buy them if you don't have one yourself. Everything else was perfect.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Hi, what a great compliment! It always good to be nicer than other nice hostels;). Please bring you own lock with you next time, this will safe you money (€4,50). If you bought the lock here I hope you still have it, because you can keep it for life;). Thanks for the review! Graag tot ziens!

Very nice hostel, bike rentals were not too expensive and were convenient. Staff was very nice and helpful. It was awesome being right next to vondelpark. Would go back and would recommend.

• 14th Jun 2015

Thanks for this information and we are glad you liked everything over here! Have a great day and you are always welcome here! Have a great day!

A good hostel. No major complaints. Wasn't here for long so can't comment in detail on a lot of things.

I thought the stay was very relaxing. The atmosphere was great and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were very spacious which was nice compared to other places I stayed. Great value for your money.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel has a great vibe, not to loud and noisy but plenty to do, its a nice big place, with a cute little bar down stairs, the rooms and beds were fine, although only 2 sockets in a room for 6 was really annoying, that being said, this is the only negative about the place. That and happy hour starting so late.

Hi Cool that you did like the vibe! You can charge eveything at the reception as a solution, this is also more safe;) We like to see you next time! Have a great evening!

The hostel was good, although having only two plugs for 6 people is not very smart. This caused serious problems between the guests because everyone needed to charge their electronics.

Hi there, that's not ideally indeed. We have a part in our monument building where we don't have a personal plug yet. As a solution you can charge all your devices at the reception and pick it up any time you want. Maybe this is useful for the next time;) Cheers

A well run hostel (more like a hotel than the latter). Good facilities, a lovely location on the edge of Vondel Park, a good breakfast. Good bar prices (especially at happy hour!). Lacked atmosphere though. Also the WIFI was down for most of my stay which the staff, despite being aware of this, seemed reluctant to fix the problem.

Hi great that the most things were good and lovely! I hope you still had a good time on the internet with our Wifi and more important liked our great city;) Have a great day!

I spent great times in this hostel! For sure, one of the best that I've been. Don't miss the opportunity to rent a bike and discover Vondelpark and Amsterdam!

• 9th Jun 2015

Really amazing people working there, i had a bad momment in my trip loosing personal stuff in the city, and the guys from there helped me alot untill i found all my stuff.

Hi, It's great to read that the staff was friendly and helpful, this is how it should be;) And we are very glad you have all your stuff! See you next time!