Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Loved this place. Felt very safe and very clean. Wasn't good for meeting people-it felt more like a hotel-but the breakfast was amazing so it made up for it. The staff were also very helpful! Overall great experience.

It's nice to read you had a great experience! We hope to see you again! Have a nice evening

Friendly staff and great location. Bar area needs to improve with some games etc so people can interact.

We have some games at the reception but we will do something with your feedback. Thanks for the review and rating! Come back soon;)

We had a group booking of two 6 bed ensuite rooms. The rooms were very quiet, the place was very clean and the staff were welcoming. There was plenty of storage available both inside and outside the rooms. As an older guest of 36 years old I was wondering if I should have booked a hotel, but no need to worry, this place was great. Brilliant hostel.

Thanks! You're always welcome! Have a nice day

Excellent Hostel. Stayed here multiple times

Great hostel

• 1st Oct 2015

Clean and tidy facilities and fine distance from main city centre. Reception was extremely friendly and helpful. Only downfall was the wifi in the rooms would drop in and out so its a better connection in the reception/ ground floor. Breakfast was amazing, huge variety to choose from. Great place to meet people. Would highly recommend.

Had a great stay at this hostel! I liked that the shower, sink and toilet were in different areas of the room so people could get ready at the same time. Had fun at the hostel bar and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the mornings. Would stay here again and will recommend to friends!

Had an awesome time. Met lots of amazing humans. Very good location, perfect for a good nights sleep, not too close to the main tourist parts but only 15 mins away. I'll be staying here again.

Thanks for your kind review, you are more than welcome to stay with us again! Kind regards

It feels a lot more like a big hotel chin that happens to have shared rooms as opposed to a hostel. It wasnot conducive to meeting people and there were 8 year old kids with their families and 70 year old vacationers. You also pay extra for AL the little odds and ends -laundry, a lock, etc. It's certainly nice and very secure (key card to get into building and rooms it's just not great for meeting people and hanging out. Staff are quite friendly though.

• 27th Sep 2015

Great you liked the staff that much! I hope you found our bar to meet people or were part of our pubcrawl;) I hope you had a great time in Amsterdam! We would like to see you again! Cheers

No power points in rooms (one or two). Internet isn't the best but managed to get it to work in the room. Location is about 25 minutes walk from red light.

A great place to stay. But I really didn't like that there were only 3 plugs in the room with about 10 people. Almost all hostels I have stayed at recently have had plugs by each bed so you can charge your phone, camera, etc. I loved the location though. Just for enough to be quiet at night, but not so far the I couldn't walk to everything.

Really nice place in amsterdam!

Had all the facilities needed, also was clean however breakfast was disappointing due to what we paid for it.

• 25th Sep 2015

Great you had everything you needed. Compare to an English breakfast the Dutch one is not as big. I still hope you ate enough;). Please visit us again! Have a great day!

This hostel isn't an ideal place for solo travelers. There is no social atmosphere and the whole place feels very sterile. Seems to be a place where lots of high school trips stay while visiting Amsterdam. I didn't particularly enjoy my time there at all, and it was incredibly expensive. That said, the staff was lovely and very accommodating when I needed help. Other than that, would not recommend, especially if traveling alone.

I do not think you should serve oranges, just to serve oranges.. Uneatable:)

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Macedonia

Thanks for great review, we will take your advise about the oranges to heart :) Kind regards

Loved this place. It was in a great location to get out and explore the city on foot or by bike. The hostel offered wonderful accommodations such as food, drinks, laundry and wi-fi. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 21st Sep 2015

Location can't be beat. Facilities are extensive. Lack of electrical outlets extreme negative. Glad for the secondary security door to dorms--front desk automatically buzzed in people through first set. Elevator only goes to 3rd floor--climbing that last storey was difficult for some of my roommates. No hand soap provided, which was not sth I expected to need. Little effort to clean room, a contrast to how often they clean the lounge. Overall solid stay! Liked vibe, location, staff. V helpful!

Thanks for your review, we are happy that you like your stay with us. We will be getting more power points in the rooms in the near future, Kind regards

The fact that wifi doesn't work properly is the only thing I would point as a service that could be better.

hostel is used by tour groups and class trips so I encountered a lot of first time travelers. not great for meeting chill people. decent location and setup though. i had a nice stay

First, if you're a HI/YHA member, book directly through them. This is a HI property and you won't get a discount if you book here. Hostel was clean, secure, and staff were courteous. Location is tucked away by a park-- maybe not safest to walk to alone at night. There is nowhere to buy water if thirsty. They try to sell you a €15 water bottle instead. Though I believe is reducing waste, that's a ridiculous price, and I'm trying to reduce the weight I carry, so that wasn't a good solution.