Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

StayOkay was wonderful! The staff was very helpful, and the location was great for everything you'd want to do around town. We visited the Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank house, canal tours, etc. and mostly with discounts/ partnerships with the hostel. There's a great happy hour downstairs, and plenty of space. My favorite feature was the easy-to-use lockers downstairs. We were able to leave our bags safely behind and explore Amsterdam one last time before our flight. Great bars all around. Yay!

• 29th May 2015

You make me happy because you had a awesome time here. Thanks for the information and rating! See you next time!

I had a nice time, the place was clean, comfortable room, breakfast was nice, location is great,the staffs were very helpful. I had no negative experience.

It's good to read that you had a great stay! We see you next time, have a great day!

Stayed on a weekend and noticed the prices were highly elevated, making this the most expensive hostel I've stayed in... For the price, I wasn't wowed, but I still had a positive experience. Biggest perks were the extensive breakfast buffet included (best I've had, but then given the price I expected it to be amazing!) and location - near two main museums (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh) as well as the I am Amsterdam sign, and not too far from the centre by walking. Dinner also available, not too pricey.

Hi thanks for this feedback and information. Amsterdam is a expensive city. The prices are high everywere unfortunately, but we always try to keep it as low as possible. I hope you enjoyed the surrounding, musea, bars and of course the Vondelpark. We hope we will see you next time;) Have a great day!

More of a hotel vibe then hostel

Very organized, clean and pleasant hostel with very helpful staff and one of the most complete breakfasts I've come across. Excellent Wi-Fi and beds, no noise problems. Biggest downside is that common areas are not usually conducive to meeting people, but it has a decent-sized bar that can get some good atmosphere going with a bit of effort. I'd definitely stay here again, but might look elsewhere if I wanted to party hard.

• 26th May 2015

Was impressed with the hostels prominence in central station - clearly signposted, Its an easy walk but the trams were also easy to use. Check in was quick and easy with secure locker facilities as we arrived early. Our room was in C block and while we didn't get much wifi we weren't that bothered. Was really quie and clean, fresh beddingwhen we got there and imressed by the fact the toilet and shower room were actually in the room! Breakfast was great - save some for lunch!

• 26th May 2015

Thanks for all this information! I'm happy you had a great stay here and enjoyed our breakfast! We like to see you again! Have a great day

I was originally in a 4 person female dorm but on a top bunk and moved to a mixed 6 bed dorm for a bottom bunk which was fine. I just wish there had still been individual outlets for each bed in the larger dorm. 6 people trying to use 1 outlet was difficult. Otherwise great stay.

Hi there! We always try to make it comfortable for everybody. I'm glad we could change your bed to a bottom bunk;). In some rooms there are no personal plugs, but we have a powerpoint behind the reception as a solution for all your devices;) Thanks for this great review! Cheers!

This is one of those hostels that's more like a hotel. You probably won't meet people here, but the location and facilities are good. Staff seem to be knowledgeable but aren't as personal as one would like. A huge plus though is that it's right next to Vondelpark so if you're looking to chill for the day it's prime location.

Hi there, the Vondelpark is a great location to chill or having a BBQ. It's good to read we have good facilities here and you liked the location. We look forward to meet you again!

It is a very nice place, the check-in and check-out are really simple, that's great!

Thanks for your review and rating! I'm glad you had a great time and everything was easy and simple. Greetz

The wifi only worked in the common areas, so you couldn't use it in your rooms. Also, the hostel is frequented by a lot of school groups, so it often felt like we were surrounded by children. But overall it was a nice hostel in a pretty decent location. They just need to fix the wifi.

Hi, You're right about the WiFi, sorry for the inconvenience. The internetcompany is building a extra cable so we have enough internetspeed for everybody. At the moment we have in 80% of the building Wifi. When you visit us next time you will be online for 100%;) Have a great day and we appreciate your review and rating, Thanks!

Super! Excelente hostal, grandioso el desayuno, burn ambiente y la atención excelente. Todo es cerca y realmente lo recomiendo

Me alegro de que todo estaba bien ! Gracias y hasta pronto

Great hostel, though there are lots of families so not the best bet for someone looking for a party. Free breakfast is awesome and way above average. Staff are super friendly.

Hi, thanks for your review and information. Luckely the party area at the Leidseplein is 3 min away from the Hostel. You probably found this already;) See you next time, have a great day!

Aan de receptie gevraagd hoe het precies zat met 'laat ontbijt'. Echter hij had hier geen informatie over en vertelde ons dat hij hier niet over ging. Als receptie hoor je toch juist dit soort dingen te weten?

• 22nd May 2015

Goedemiddag, U heeft gelijk dat de receptie dit hoort te weten. Het kan zijn dat het om een nieuwe medewerker ging en dit nog niet wist, onze excuses hiervoor. Om antwoord te geven op uw vraag: Wij hebben geen laat ontbijt en/of brunch. Het ontbijt is van 7.30 - 10.00u, zoals bij de check-in wordt vermeld. Wel kunt u na 10.00u bij de bar een ontbijt bestellen, maar deze is helaas niet bij de prijs inbegrepen. Ik hoop dat u een fijne tijd heeft gehad in Amsterdam! Graag tot ziens! Mvg Ruben

Good place a little pricey but not bad the only thing I didn't like was that it was so big that it didn't really force you to meet people.

Wasn't crazy about this place. My first three nights I stayed in the C building and there was no wifi in the room. I found this to be very inconvenient. I stayed in extra night in the A building and there was no problem with wifi but only 2 outlets. Didn't find the showers to be very clean.

Hi first of all I hope you enjoyed our amazing city?! The internetcompany is starting to build a extra cable for the C building so we have enough internetspeed for everybody, sorry for the inconvenient you had. We clean everyday. Please come to the reception next time when something is not clean enough, so we can fix it immediatly. We hope to see you next time! Have a great day.

all excellent, very clean and comfy beds, excellent buffet breakfast, overall FAB hostel

I had a lovely stay in Amsterdam in this Hostel. Booking was easy, it was a bit tricky to find the place at first, but I get there in the end. Staff was kind and lovely.

• 18th May 2015
  • Hungary

Hi! Thanks for your rating and review! The hostel is indeed a bit hidden next to the Vondelpark, but we are glad you found us;) We hope we will see you a other time!

Great hostel near all the attractions of Amsterdam! There are a lot of people that stay there so you are bound to meet to interesting and fun people!

Great you had a great time with us and met a lot of people! See you soon!

Excellent location and breakfast!

Thanks for this review and rating! We look forward to see you again! Cheers!

It's a good hostel next to Heineken's factory ! The only problem I had was about the Internet that wasn't working in my room.

It's nice to hear you liked the hostel! Sorry about the internet that wasn't working. We hope to see you again and you will be connected your total stay with us;)