Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

excellent location, great bar!

I really love this place. Super friendly and helpful staff. I had some mail arrive after I had left and they contacted me immediately and forwarded it on to my next location that day. I was so pleased with the whole experience... Very clean, great bikes to hire, great facilities and a cool, young atmosphere. I would highly recommend to everyone.

todo perfecto es la segunda vez que me hospedo en el hostel y me sigue pareciendo perfecto,sin duda si vuelvo volveria a el.

Breakfast was great, bike hire great, location ok. Pricey storage, getting there early and having to pay for pretty much 24 hours worth of storage was frustrating.

Feels like your staying at a hotel rather than a hostel. The room I was in felt like a military dorm room, not a lot of character. The bar/restaurant they have was okay. No WiFi unless you head to reception. No group outings organized by the hostel which I found strange, considering there seemed to be a hundred+ people staying on site. Maybe it was because most people staying there seemed to be under 20 years old.

Miserable staff at times but I didn't book it for the friendly service. Location was a good 10 minutes from the centre. The hostel itself was of very good quality and everything felt very secure.

A nice place to stay for some days. Well organized. Easy going.

Great breakfast

Not enough plugs in the room. It wasn't possible to access internet in the room, only ta common areas and it was hard to establish connection.

I only have good things to say about this hostel, with the exception that wifi only works in lobby area. Breakfast was a good variety. Rooms was clean and simple. Location is great with vondelpark adjacent to it, and Leidseplein nearby which has plenty of restaurants to choose from; Van Gogh museum and amsterdam sign are walking distance. Amsterdam was my favorite city from my eurotrip and this hostel just made it that much more enjoyable :)

was okay but very pricey and facilities expensive

Best hostel I've stayed in on my Europe trip. The hostel is located right on the beautiful park, a short bike ride away from the museums and the city centre. Bike hire for a good price which is a must in Amsterdam. The reception always had three people working during my stay as it's so busy with stag nights and school trips. Best free breakfast I've had in 5 months of travelling! Cereals, fruit, tea, coffee, juices, different breads, crackers, ham, cheese etc! Wifi only in common areas and bar.

I like this hostel, the location is perfect, but to me is too big and you feel more in a big school than a hostel to have fun!

Great location 5 mins from one of the main centres.

Nice location. Big property with lots of guests and good amenities. Lots of young kids though. Breakfast ends too early

Hostel is very secure. Have to go through 2 doors to get into lobby and you must use your room key card to get into the area where your room is located. Wifi only works in lobby, so it is often crowded with guests trying to connect to wifi. Place very crowded with high school age students. They are often loud, obnoxious, and take over everything until they leave the building. Rooms are large enough for the number of people in the room. Each bed is assigned a slim locker.

Excepcional experience, súper clean, safe and a great refreshing ambience. The facilities were as if we were staying un a 4 star hotel! Staff kind and genuine, always focused on our needs and safety!! I would definayely stay there again if un Amsterdam!! Are there more of these hostels un other parts of Europe? Dank u well and Tot Ziens Lucely Castro

I love the location. Close to Vondelpark, Leindsplein an Museumplein. The facility to hire a bike at hostel is very important. The breakfast is very good.

Very good Hostel! Really enjoyed my stay in Amsterdam, & a very good location as well! The staff were helpful, & they were keen to assist when needed. Breakfast was okay. Only criticism is that as a solo traveller, it was sort of difficult to meet other solo travelllers about, as there were lots of groups about, and only the common area had WiFi, so everyone was busy checking their phones in the lounge! But nonetheless, great place! & atmosphere was quite welcoming! right next to Vondelpark too!

• 9th Sep 2014

This place needs internet in the rooms