Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location, super clean and the best breakfast of any hostel we've styled at.

J'ai adoré cette auberge de jeunesse. C'est cool qu'elle soit à côté de Vondel Park et de Leidsplein. Merci Stay Okay :)

Super rapport qualité/prix, chambre propre et sécurisées (casier dans les chambre, juste penser à ramener un cadenas). Beaucoup de service (wifi, bar, réduction sur visite, location de vélo etc...) Je recommande à 100%

45 euros la nuit c'est trop cher. Chambres vieillissantes. Rien n'est fournis sauf le petit dejeuner.

• 1st May 2014

Great location, easy to find, good atmospere. I really like this place, it's near the Vondelpark, very beautiful place, great for relax.

• Poland

Das Zimmer war sehr klein für 2 Personen! Wir haben 100 Euro für eine Übernachtung mit Frühstück bezahlt. Der Preis war entschieden zu hoch für dieses Zimmer. Zudem war ein sehr junges Publikum (Schulklassen) da.

• 1st May 2014

If you don't mind walking distance to the centre of around 20 min., we highly recommend it since it is located inside the amazing Vondelpark. Hostel is very clean and the rooms are OK. You have to pay additionally for the padlocks for your baggage. All in all, it is a recommendable hostel.

I didn't expect such a good and safe hostel. So many kids, families and elderly people. Great breakfast. I would definitely stay in Stayokay Vondelpark if l go to Amsterdam again.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

excellent breakfast!!!, location is good in front of the park

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and location in the park. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Es caro. Pero esta bien

Love their focus on the environment and sustainability as well as friendly, helpful staff. There were large groups of school children staying which wasn't ideal but staff dealt with them well.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are excited to hear that you love our "well done" project and that you like our staff. We appreciate it! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

They are not fair and friendly here. They announce taxes included but they charge you for city taxes when you arrive. I would never recommend.

I was there over the "King's Day" weekend and I thought it was a very nice touch to have the orange sunglasses for free when I checked in as well as the free donuts during the day. Very nice. Breakfast was also extraordinary! So good!

• 25th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the free sunglasses during King's Day! We hope you had a great day! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The staff were brilliant - very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room overlooking the Vondelpark was a beautiful start to the day. Breakfast was tasty. The rooms were clean. I would stay there again. Only downside was that the wifi kept cutting out so I wasn't able to access wifi on my smartphone. It was fine on the paid-for computers in the lobby though.

• 25th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you liked our staff and location. The wifi can sometimes be slow when a lot of people are online, but we are working on that. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Première expérience en auberge de jeunesse. Et je suis très satisfais,l'auberge et très bien positionnée pour visiter tout le centre ville et facile de la retrouver quant on est perdu dans amsterdam grâce au vondelpark. Je n'ai trouvé aucun points négatifs à cette auberge.

• 25th Apr 2014

Nice and quite place, located in front for the Park! Tree view at window is the best. A short walk to centre part of Amsterdam is OK and it is closed to museum. Good sign on the way to hostel that shall be the best indication of YHA in EU for me so far.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you like our location in the park, and close to the city center and museum district. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The best hostel i have been

Thank you very much! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Had a great time at stayokay! The location is perfect: right next to vondel park and the all sight seeing spots in the city are in walking distance! Very clean, great staff, great breakfast, great guests! If I'll be back in Amsterdam I'll stay there again!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you for your amazing review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us, and we are looking forward to seeing you again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Very nice place to stay, ideal location to visit Amsterdam. Very easy to book, nice breakfast, everything was nice.

• 21st Apr 2014

Thanks for you review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

This hostel is very big and comercial. Everytime I see different staff at the reception. Always busy. Some of them are helpful and nice while the others not. The water in the bathroom is not so good. When I borrowed a hairdryer I had to pay 29€ as deposit. And the public computers are not free! Wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are indeed a big hostel, which means it's always busy. We do expect each of our staff members to be friendly and helpful as we consider hospitality as very important. Wifi is free in the common area and the bar. We do not have wifi in our rooms because we like people to come down and meet fellow travelers. Unfortunately we have to ask a deposit because these items used to get stolen. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark