Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I was there over the "King's Day" weekend and I thought it was a very nice touch to have the orange sunglasses for free when I checked in as well as the free donuts during the day. Very nice. Breakfast was also extraordinary! So good!

• 25th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the free sunglasses during King's Day! We hope you had a great day! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The staff were brilliant - very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room overlooking the Vondelpark was a beautiful start to the day. Breakfast was tasty. The rooms were clean. I would stay there again. Only downside was that the wifi kept cutting out so I wasn't able to access wifi on my smartphone. It was fine on the paid-for computers in the lobby though.

• 25th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you liked our staff and location. The wifi can sometimes be slow when a lot of people are online, but we are working on that. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Nice and quite place, located in front for the Park! Tree view at window is the best. A short walk to centre part of Amsterdam is OK and it is closed to museum. Good sign on the way to hostel that shall be the best indication of YHA in EU for me so far.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you like our location in the park, and close to the city center and museum district. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The best hostel i have been

Thank you very much! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Had a great time at stayokay! The location is perfect: right next to vondel park and the all sight seeing spots in the city are in walking distance! Very clean, great staff, great breakfast, great guests! If I'll be back in Amsterdam I'll stay there again!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you for your amazing review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us, and we are looking forward to seeing you again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Very nice place to stay, ideal location to visit Amsterdam. Very easy to book, nice breakfast, everything was nice.

• 21st Apr 2014

Thanks for you review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

This hostel is very big and comercial. Everytime I see different staff at the reception. Always busy. Some of them are helpful and nice while the others not. The water in the bathroom is not so good. When I borrowed a hairdryer I had to pay 29€ as deposit. And the public computers are not free! Wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are indeed a big hostel, which means it's always busy. We do expect each of our staff members to be friendly and helpful as we consider hospitality as very important. Wifi is free in the common area and the bar. We do not have wifi in our rooms because we like people to come down and meet fellow travelers. Unfortunately we have to ask a deposit because these items used to get stolen. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

It's not their fault but, as usual in Amsterdam's hostels, there are a lot of stoner guests (sometimes they can be a bit noisy). Too much expensive in high seasons and weekends. My main complaint is the LACK OF KITCHEN, which I consider should be a standard in hostel accommodation.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your review and ratings. Although we do not allow drugs of any kind in our hostel, some people do smoke it in the city. We are sorry if they caused any inconvenience during your stay. Unfortunately we do not have a kitchen due to the strict Dutch HACCP regulations. We do hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Everything was extremely amazing, only the wifi did not work properly ... We had problem getting online tickets. Breakfast great, got smaller room, staff very helpful.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had a good time and that you like our breakfast and staff. They wifi can sometimes be a bit slower when a lot of people are online, but we are working on this. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great hostel, nice breakfast, nice atmosphere. Actually, it looks more like a hotel than a hostel. Staff very helpful and friendly. The Vondelpark just in front of the hostel is a big plus! And it is really close to the Van Gogh Museum as well.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, atmosphere and staff. We are proud of our location in the park as well, so we are glad to know that you liked that as well! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

It would be better if check-in time could be more flexible. I understand rooms should be cleaned first but 2pm is quite late. Some rooms should be available before that time.

Best thing was probably the breakfast - huge selection and its included in the price. Other than that, it was pretty good I guess. Not much atmosphere, but the security was good. Location was okay. As a solo traveller, there would probably be better places to stay at! But all in all, not a bad hostel.

the hostel itself isn't bad, I just didn't like the atmosphere, there were really a lot of school classes on vacation, I got the impression the hostel is more quite and if you want to party/meet travellers it might not be the perfect place to go!

• 6th Apr 2014

A highly recommendable place right by the Hard Rock Cafe, 5 minutes walk from the city centre. Breakfast was great and included, the staff very helpful and friendly. The connection to the Vondelpark is awesome, everything is close for going out for dinner or some drinks. Big lockers, toilet and shower in the room is an added plus. Whomever is travelling to beautiful Amsterdam - go to this place!!!

Huge hostel with very anonymous athmosphere. Staff often annoyed and unfriendly. Despite high price you have to pay extra for everything (towel, shampoo, lock that fits the strange lockers, pc, etc.)

AMAZING BREAKFAST!

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks for your ratings and your compliment about our breakfast. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great Location, fun hostel and nice rooms!

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your still with us and liked our location and facilities! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

There is nothing to comment

• 1st Apr 2014
  • India

Thanks for your ratings, we are happy that you had a great stay with us! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

I Was Concerned About The Location But The Tram Was Super Easy And Fast. Also, Close To VanGogh And The R Museum. Clean. Nice Staff. Big Place With Lots Of Young Groups But Not Overwhelming. It's Fine If You Can't Get Closer. Sells You Towels ....Irritating. Just Rent Them For A Euro Or Two...You Know Most Of Will Leave behind.

great location near vondelpark and good bikes for rent.