Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

BAD INTERNET.

When a lot of people are using the internet at the same time it can be slower than usual. I hope you had a great stay here and enjoyed our city!

It is a very nice hostel, very well located. Beds were confortable and th entire hostel was very clean. I would completley recommend it.

Stayokay Vondelpark was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable about any questions I had for them. The place is very clean and quiet. I would definitely say here again if I ever make it back to Amsterdam.

Thanks for your review and rating. It's great to read that you had a wonderful time here! Have a nice day!

Hostel was good, however I was traveling by myself and hoping to meet people but because the hostel is so big there is no opportunity to meet new people so I just had to do things by myself. If your traveling by yourself I would not recommend this hostel!

Hi, I can imagine that it's less fun when you don't meet a lot of people. We have a lot of people staying here and also a bar where you can meet people. I still hope you had a great time in Amsterdam! Thanks for the review and rating!

Great location in Vondelpark area, close to both the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. Our Room was clean, staff was friendly , they had a bike shed where we could store our bikes for the night. A bit more expensive than hostels in other cities, but then again amsterdam is more expensive in general. Would recommend, free breakfast included!

Hey thanks for this information and rating! See you again soon;) Cheers!

Rooms were good and breakfast were excellent. Wifi was however very poor in the room. Bathroom cleanliness leaves a bit to be desired, but the rest was great. Close to the lively Leidseplein. Great stay.

Cool place, not really a place for travelers trying to meet people however. It's good for large groups of people. Very clean and very big overall good experience. It's kind of away from the city center so you'll have to do some walking or biking.

The staff were friendly and helpful, great location, but it's a drab scene for solo backpackers. The place is so large that there is a loss of a sense of community, making the social scene hollow and impersonal. The beds are assigned in the rooms, which was problematic. Instead of taking assigned beds, many travelers took the most comfy beds, leading to logistical problems (I swapped beds 3 times as a consequence of random ppl who kept sleeping in my bed). Not recommended for solo travelers.

Thanks for your review. Sometimes it happens that a fellow traveler is sleeping in the wrong bed. The reception staff can help you with it. Please come to the reception next time so we can fix it for you;) I hope you liked Amsterdam and we would like to see you next time! Have a great day

The only complaint I had was maybe they could increase security throughout the hostel better. A very creepy man was outside my room one morning, started following me down the hall, so I turned back and went in my room. He continued to wait for 15 minutes and then eventually knocked on the door several times and tried to turn the door knob. My boyfriend was luckily in the room and I had to wake him up so he could tell the guy to stay away from me.

• 7th Jun 2015

Hey there! I can imagine that isn't a nice feeling. Please come to the reception next time. We are always open and have a big team over here that will help you also in cases like this! We think safety is very important and we do a lot to be a safe hostel. I hope to see you again! Cheers!

Cheap, nice but the atmosphere is very impersonal. Not recommended for a solo traveller

Hi there! Thanks for your review and rating. I hope you found a good atmosphere in our bar or in the bubbly citycentre of Amsterdam! We hope to see you next time!

It was the best hostel I ever been !

• 7th Jun 2015

Waaauuww this is awesome! Thanks for staying with us and it's great you had a amazing time here, see you soon;)

Stayokay was a wonderful experience! The hostel is huge with much room to spread out! The rooms are tidy with clean sheets and open rooms. The staff was equally helpful, allowing my roommates and I time past closing to finish our laundry. I would highly recommend staying here next time you are in Amsterdam!

Hi we understand that wet clothes are not a option, so this was a small gesture;) Nice to read you had a great time here and you recommend us to others, thanks for that! We look forward to see you again! Ciao!

Clean, secure hostel. With friendly Staff. The included breakfast was worth it. Quite expensive though, but not over the top. Common areas and games room didn't have much atmosphere. Overall an OK stay.

Best hostel stay yet. Met some cool people, great bar, friendly staff, perfect location close enough to walk to everything but not in the middle of the chaos. 10 out of 10.

Hi my man! Thanks for this great review! A 10 out of 10 is amazing and makes us really happy! See you next time! Greetz Ruben

great place to stay! really secure, includes includes a good breakfast with your stay. cheap bike rentals right from the hostel! fyi : no hand soap or towels in the room

Almost everything is included but a towel and soap you have to bring yourself;) You can also buy a towel and soap for a fair price that you can keep your whole life! See you next time;) Thanks!

Could be a bit closer to the main area but not a huge knock as its close to Vondelpark. Security is great. Staff were didn't go out of their way but we're still courteous and made it a nice stay. Was clean, and I liked that wifi worked in the room. Showers in the room was good. Easy to meet people.

I didn't like the fact that we weren't able to use the kitchen because as a backpacker, i'm not able to eat out every single day twice a day! The bathrooms were okay, and the staff was nice but i think the beds need a serious make over. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10

Hi there, we don't have a kitchen for guests, sorry for this. We only have a proffesional kitchen were our chef makes dinner and other delicious food. I hope you found some nice and cheap food in our bar or in the citycentre. Thanks for the review and rating. I hope we are worth a 10 you next time you visit us;) Have a great travel!

This place is huge, it's more like a hotel than a hostel except that you share a room. It is very difficult to socialise especially if you are a lone traveller, it might be OK if you are in a big group. Also, I didn't feel very secure in here, the passports are not scanned or checked, I was given a piece of paper and was asked to fill in my details by myself and it was not checked by a member of staff. The staff were nice but a bit too cop, not my like of a hostel but more like a budget hotel.

• 30th May 2015

Hi there, thanks for this feedback. We think safety is very important. We do a lot of things to have a safe hostel and keep it safe. We comply with all safety requirements imposed by the government, so you don't have to worry. We also have a bar where you can meet people and socialize;) Come back soon! Cheers!

Great location, great staff, just lacked a little atmosphere. Over all a good hostel.

• 30th May 2015

Thanks and I hope to see you next time! Have a good one, cheers!

StayOkay was wonderful! The staff was very helpful, and the location was great for everything you'd want to do around town. We visited the Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank house, canal tours, etc. and mostly with discounts/ partnerships with the hostel. There's a great happy hour downstairs, and plenty of space. My favorite feature was the easy-to-use lockers downstairs. We were able to leave our bags safely behind and explore Amsterdam one last time before our flight. Great bars all around. Yay!

• 29th May 2015

You make me happy because you had a awesome time here. Thanks for the information and rating! See you next time!