Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really good :)

• 9th May 2014

Thanks! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Very nice place, clean and friendly.

• 8th May 2014

Thank you for rating us. We are glad to hear that you had a good time staying with us. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Well, no offence but I could not help but felt very very very disappointed! (btw, all my travel mates 4 including me have had the same feelings) as I was expecting a good stay here... initially! To summarise: - charge us for luggage storage (no others did in 5 other countries) - Room layout just very very bad - Shower room, even worst - Toilet room, no basin for hand washing - No cloth or anything to wipe/clean our foot after shower - Not to mention very long queue for breakfast

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had high expectations of our hostel. We are sorry that we couldn't live up to them. We haven't had much complains about our room layout. Most people are very pleased with the ensuite shower and bathroom. There's also a hand basin with mirror and outlet in the room next to the bathroom. We chose this set up, as that makes it easier for people to use the sink and mirror.We do hope you enjoyed Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Overall good hostel. Pretty clean and the breakfast is pretty good. It's located in a great location, close to a lot of museums and steps away from the Vondelpark.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you liked our breakfast and location! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great location,excellent and very helpful staff. Brilliant atmosphere,really a value for money deal.

It's a great please to stay at. It is clean, very close to downtown and people were nice to me.

i stayed in both stayokay zeeburg and here during my trip but i would definiately recommend here! perfect location whichi is just 5 min ride a streetcar to Dam square or Central sta., and staffat the reception was very friendly ans helpful. Security is no problem, you can only access to lobby and the floor you are staying. just I saw someone who just got pickpocketted at the bsr, so be carefull woth your belongings!

actually the location is quite good cause it's just next to the park. And we can walk by some good spots from central station to the hostel. but the washroom is not well designed. the hand basin is located outside the washroom, if we use it, it will just create noisy to other mates who shared in the room.

The hostel was one of the best so far. nice clean and all the possible facilites you can ever imagine. Well located and breakfast inclused were the highlights. If i go to Amsterdam I will definitely go back to this place.

The only thing that I didnt like about my stay was the bed was too hard to sleep on and secondly, there internet access was very poor.

• 3rd May 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry that you didn't like the bed you were sleeping on. We do not get these complaints very often, so I'm sure we could have arranged a different bed for you. We are aware of the fact that the wifi can be a bit slow sometimes, we are working on this. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Close to perfection except for the fact that Amsterdam as a whole is expensive and the hostel rate is still stiff for a backpacker.

My girlfriend and I have nothing to complain about Stayokay. Everything was better than we could imagine of a hostel, it's more of a hotel. From the check-in to the check-out, it fulfilled all our needs: friendly staff, great system for lockers, very good bedrooms with private toilets, delicious breakfast included and walking distance to city centre (around 30min). We would stay there again, no doubt!

• 2nd May 2014

Great location, super clean and the best breakfast of any hostel we've styled at.

Great location, easy to find, good atmospere. I really like this place, it's near the Vondelpark, very beautiful place, great for relax.

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

If you don't mind walking distance to the centre of around 20 min., we highly recommend it since it is located inside the amazing Vondelpark. Hostel is very clean and the rooms are OK. You have to pay additionally for the padlocks for your baggage. All in all, it is a recommendable hostel.

I didn't expect such a good and safe hostel. So many kids, families and elderly people. Great breakfast. I would definitely stay in Stayokay Vondelpark if l go to Amsterdam again.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

excellent breakfast!!!, location is good in front of the park

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and location in the park. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Love their focus on the environment and sustainability as well as friendly, helpful staff. There were large groups of school children staying which wasn't ideal but staff dealt with them well.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are excited to hear that you love our "well done" project and that you like our staff. We appreciate it! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

They are not fair and friendly here. They announce taxes included but they charge you for city taxes when you arrive. I would never recommend.

I was there over the "King's Day" weekend and I thought it was a very nice touch to have the orange sunglasses for free when I checked in as well as the free donuts during the day. Very nice. Breakfast was also extraordinary! So good!

• 25th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the free sunglasses during King's Day! We hope you had a great day! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark