Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Close to perfection except for the fact that Amsterdam as a whole is expensive and the hostel rate is still stiff for a backpacker.

My girlfriend and I have nothing to complain about Stayokay. Everything was better than we could imagine of a hostel, it's more of a hotel. From the check-in to the check-out, it fulfilled all our needs: friendly staff, great system for lockers, very good bedrooms with private toilets, delicious breakfast included and walking distance to city centre (around 30min). We would stay there again, no doubt!

• 2nd May 2014

Great location, super clean and the best breakfast of any hostel we've styled at.

Great location, easy to find, good atmospere. I really like this place, it's near the Vondelpark, very beautiful place, great for relax.

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

If you don't mind walking distance to the centre of around 20 min., we highly recommend it since it is located inside the amazing Vondelpark. Hostel is very clean and the rooms are OK. You have to pay additionally for the padlocks for your baggage. All in all, it is a recommendable hostel.

I didn't expect such a good and safe hostel. So many kids, families and elderly people. Great breakfast. I would definitely stay in Stayokay Vondelpark if l go to Amsterdam again.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

excellent breakfast!!!, location is good in front of the park

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and location in the park. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Love their focus on the environment and sustainability as well as friendly, helpful staff. There were large groups of school children staying which wasn't ideal but staff dealt with them well.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are excited to hear that you love our "well done" project and that you like our staff. We appreciate it! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

They are not fair and friendly here. They announce taxes included but they charge you for city taxes when you arrive. I would never recommend.

I was there over the "King's Day" weekend and I thought it was a very nice touch to have the orange sunglasses for free when I checked in as well as the free donuts during the day. Very nice. Breakfast was also extraordinary! So good!

• 25th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the free sunglasses during King's Day! We hope you had a great day! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The staff were brilliant - very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room overlooking the Vondelpark was a beautiful start to the day. Breakfast was tasty. The rooms were clean. I would stay there again. Only downside was that the wifi kept cutting out so I wasn't able to access wifi on my smartphone. It was fine on the paid-for computers in the lobby though.

• 25th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you liked our staff and location. The wifi can sometimes be slow when a lot of people are online, but we are working on that. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Nice and quite place, located in front for the Park! Tree view at window is the best. A short walk to centre part of Amsterdam is OK and it is closed to museum. Good sign on the way to hostel that shall be the best indication of YHA in EU for me so far.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you like our location in the park, and close to the city center and museum district. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The best hostel i have been

Thank you very much! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Had a great time at stayokay! The location is perfect: right next to vondel park and the all sight seeing spots in the city are in walking distance! Very clean, great staff, great breakfast, great guests! If I'll be back in Amsterdam I'll stay there again!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you for your amazing review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us, and we are looking forward to seeing you again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Very nice place to stay, ideal location to visit Amsterdam. Very easy to book, nice breakfast, everything was nice.

• 21st Apr 2014

Thanks for you review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

This hostel is very big and comercial. Everytime I see different staff at the reception. Always busy. Some of them are helpful and nice while the others not. The water in the bathroom is not so good. When I borrowed a hairdryer I had to pay 29€ as deposit. And the public computers are not free! Wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are indeed a big hostel, which means it's always busy. We do expect each of our staff members to be friendly and helpful as we consider hospitality as very important. Wifi is free in the common area and the bar. We do not have wifi in our rooms because we like people to come down and meet fellow travelers. Unfortunately we have to ask a deposit because these items used to get stolen. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

It's not their fault but, as usual in Amsterdam's hostels, there are a lot of stoner guests (sometimes they can be a bit noisy). Too much expensive in high seasons and weekends. My main complaint is the LACK OF KITCHEN, which I consider should be a standard in hostel accommodation.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your review and ratings. Although we do not allow drugs of any kind in our hostel, some people do smoke it in the city. We are sorry if they caused any inconvenience during your stay. Unfortunately we do not have a kitchen due to the strict Dutch HACCP regulations. We do hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Everything was extremely amazing, only the wifi did not work properly ... We had problem getting online tickets. Breakfast great, got smaller room, staff very helpful.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had a good time and that you like our breakfast and staff. They wifi can sometimes be a bit slower when a lot of people are online, but we are working on this. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great hostel, nice breakfast, nice atmosphere. Actually, it looks more like a hotel than a hostel. Staff very helpful and friendly. The Vondelpark just in front of the hostel is a big plus! And it is really close to the Van Gogh Museum as well.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, atmosphere and staff. We are proud of our location in the park as well, so we are glad to know that you liked that as well! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

It would be better if check-in time could be more flexible. I understand rooms should be cleaned first but 2pm is quite late. Some rooms should be available before that time.