Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

nice clean hostel. Wouldn't recommend for solo travellers as seemed to be a lot of older people, large groups and families

Apart from getting my towel stolen (who does that?!?) I had the most amazing time here! Great breakfast (if you wake up on time!) and the bar is awesome, met some great people!

it's inconvenient that the washing facilities can't be used for 24 hours. also, not many charge points in the rooms

Because some rooms don't provide personal plugs we have a special power point behind the reception. You can bring all your devices over there for charging and pick up 24/7. Because of the sound of the machines, the washing room will be closed at 21u unfortunately. This is for our neighbors and guest that are sleeping next to the room. Thanks for your review and great rating! Please visit us again! Have a great evening

Taking the tram in Amsterdam is quite expensive (2,90€ one way), but walking from the main train station to the hostel takes like 40 minutes. A small minus there. The hostel is huge and very nice. It is clean and quiet. Breakfast is good as well, in my opinion only scrambed eggs were missing!

dutch hostels no longer give the hostelling international discount if beds are booked through hostel world - but i have never been able to book through the stayok website using my phone, the dutch discount is small anyway, half the UK one for instance, but it seems like a waste of money to buy a yha membership when i can't get discounts with it

Thanks for your review and comments, we appreciate your feedback. Hope you had a good time in Amsterdam! Kind regards

I thought this hostel was great. The staff were amazingly helpful and very easy to talk to. It's in a good location. The room and bathroom were clean and the shower was good. I would recommend staying here.

Many thanks for your positive words and rating! Hope to see you back again someday!

Was a nice , busy and clean hostel , still on pricey side but good location !

I didn't give 5/5 on everything is for two reasons. 1.There was always at least 1person sleeping in my room during the day so every time I was in there I had to tip toe around. It was annoying.2. The laundry is expensive.The washers are very small and cost the equivalent of $10 to use each time. I visited, Flying Pigs DT hostel, liked the atmosphere more. That being said, I liked the huge lockers in the room, location near a tram stop, you could walk everywhere, staff was very helpful & nice.

Thanks for your review, we are glad you had a good time in our hostel! We can not do much about your roommates unfortunately :) Hope to see you back again, kind regards

Top location, very clean rooms, staff was friendly, good beds.

Excellent location and friendly helpful staff. We would definitely return and recommend to others.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Cool! You are always welcome! Have a nice day

My first time staying in a hostel and I must say I had the best time, I couldn't of asked for more it was perfect in every way --- stayokay is amaze !! I will be returning x

• 28th Aug 2015

Hi and thanks for leaving a great review! We are honored that your first stay in a hostel was with us, let's hope there will be many more to come! Looking forward to see you again Kind regards

Extremely impressed with our time at stayokay, stayed in a private room for 4 nights and it was lovely, clean and spacious, comfy beds! Great atmosphere and everyone was very friendly and welcoming and there to help with any tours, tickets or directions! Vondel park outside has a great feel to it and the leidsplein area was my favourite in the whole of amsterdam. Will definitely visit again, thank you :)

• 27th Aug 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great facilities and location.

Incredibly clean! Great location

I had a great stay at StayOK, the breakfast was particularly great and the hostel had everything you could need for hire, bikes, hairdryers etc.

This hostel was very professional, almost too much that it felt like a university dormitory. Still had a decent atmosphere in the common areas and downstairs bar. One big negative was the poor wifi connection in the rooms. I spent more time trying to reconnect than I did actually on wifi.

Hi there! Thanks for the review and rating. When a lot of people are using the Wifi it can be slower. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you felt and I hope you also liked the city Amsterdam! Have a nice day!

Really great location! No atmosphere though.

A lot of hidden fees. Towel, lockers (that eat your money), internet (and Wifi is spotty). Typical European hostel though. Really good breakfast. Make sure to go early - by 8:00 the line it really long.

Hi and thanks for your review, Sorry to hear that your see it this way, in our opinion we are very clear about these fees and mention this on all our websites :) We actually try to keep our bed price competitive by giving you the option to bring your own towel and padlock instead of calculating it in the price for the bed. Enjoy the rest of your trip, kind regards!

the blonde at reception is beautiful

• 24th Aug 2015

Just crashed here for one night but was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, and my 4-bed dorm had its own bathroom that was quite large and really nice. The location is pretty central, close to museums. It was a little warm in the rooms - they don't have much air circulation. The staff was super nice and they offer discounts on tickets and tours for Amsterdam which is a bonus. One big downfall was the line to get breakfast - insanely long and slow.

Thanks for your great feedback, we are happy to read that your night here was pleasant surprise! Come back and visit anytime!