Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location,excellent and very helpful staff. Brilliant atmosphere,really a value for money deal.

It's a great please to stay at. It is clean, very close to downtown and people were nice to me.

i stayed in both stayokay zeeburg and here during my trip but i would definiately recommend here! perfect location whichi is just 5 min ride a streetcar to Dam square or Central sta., and staffat the reception was very friendly ans helpful. Security is no problem, you can only access to lobby and the floor you are staying. just I saw someone who just got pickpocketted at the bsr, so be carefull woth your belongings!

actually the location is quite good cause it's just next to the park. And we can walk by some good spots from central station to the hostel. but the washroom is not well designed. the hand basin is located outside the washroom, if we use it, it will just create noisy to other mates who shared in the room.

The hostel was one of the best so far. nice clean and all the possible facilites you can ever imagine. Well located and breakfast inclused were the highlights. If i go to Amsterdam I will definitely go back to this place.

The only thing that I didnt like about my stay was the bed was too hard to sleep on and secondly, there internet access was very poor.

• 3rd May 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry that you didn't like the bed you were sleeping on. We do not get these complaints very often, so I'm sure we could have arranged a different bed for you. We are aware of the fact that the wifi can be a bit slow sometimes, we are working on this. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Close to perfection except for the fact that Amsterdam as a whole is expensive and the hostel rate is still stiff for a backpacker.

My girlfriend and I have nothing to complain about Stayokay. Everything was better than we could imagine of a hostel, it's more of a hotel. From the check-in to the check-out, it fulfilled all our needs: friendly staff, great system for lockers, very good bedrooms with private toilets, delicious breakfast included and walking distance to city centre (around 30min). We would stay there again, no doubt!

• 2nd May 2014

Great location, super clean and the best breakfast of any hostel we've styled at.

Great location, easy to find, good atmospere. I really like this place, it's near the Vondelpark, very beautiful place, great for relax.

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

If you don't mind walking distance to the centre of around 20 min., we highly recommend it since it is located inside the amazing Vondelpark. Hostel is very clean and the rooms are OK. You have to pay additionally for the padlocks for your baggage. All in all, it is a recommendable hostel.

I didn't expect such a good and safe hostel. So many kids, families and elderly people. Great breakfast. I would definitely stay in Stayokay Vondelpark if l go to Amsterdam again.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

excellent breakfast!!!, location is good in front of the park

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and location in the park. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Love their focus on the environment and sustainability as well as friendly, helpful staff. There were large groups of school children staying which wasn't ideal but staff dealt with them well.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are excited to hear that you love our "well done" project and that you like our staff. We appreciate it! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

They are not fair and friendly here. They announce taxes included but they charge you for city taxes when you arrive. I would never recommend.

I was there over the "King's Day" weekend and I thought it was a very nice touch to have the orange sunglasses for free when I checked in as well as the free donuts during the day. Very nice. Breakfast was also extraordinary! So good!

• 25th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the free sunglasses during King's Day! We hope you had a great day! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The staff were brilliant - very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room overlooking the Vondelpark was a beautiful start to the day. Breakfast was tasty. The rooms were clean. I would stay there again. Only downside was that the wifi kept cutting out so I wasn't able to access wifi on my smartphone. It was fine on the paid-for computers in the lobby though.

• 25th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you liked our staff and location. The wifi can sometimes be slow when a lot of people are online, but we are working on that. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Nice and quite place, located in front for the Park! Tree view at window is the best. A short walk to centre part of Amsterdam is OK and it is closed to museum. Good sign on the way to hostel that shall be the best indication of YHA in EU for me so far.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you like our location in the park, and close to the city center and museum district. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

The best hostel i have been

Thank you very much! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Had a great time at stayokay! The location is perfect: right next to vondel park and the all sight seeing spots in the city are in walking distance! Very clean, great staff, great breakfast, great guests! If I'll be back in Amsterdam I'll stay there again!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you for your amazing review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us, and we are looking forward to seeing you again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark