Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel wasn't too hard to find, just had to take the sprinter/tram to Muiderpoort from Amsterdam Sloterdijk then walk about 10-15 mins. The place seems very secure and in a very safe neighborhood. It was a bit odd walking in because I had a sandwich with me and they have a "No outside food or alcohol" policy which kind of shocked me at first. Other than that, clean facilities, nice bathroom, HUGE shower which was nice, fresh sheets, pillow case, and comforter and a very great all around stay

I definitely love my stay at Stayokay! the atmosphere was great, the structure is new and modern: open spaces in the room and in the common areas. I stayed here with two girl friends and we stayed in a 6-bed room (mixed) with ensuite, the room was spacious, the bed were comfortable and CLEAN, and the bed linen also. Each bed is provided with light and socket (that is not obvious) and you can hire a hair dryer free (deposit 20 euro). The breakfast was very great! The staff is helpful and kind!

Wonderful place. Seems more like a hotel which isn't always a bad thing. Very clean place with friendly staff. Would recommend

I loved this converted high school. It very much felt like a school, and the kids running around it added to the effect. I was incredibly impressed by the free breakfast as well. Quite a spread, I ate my fill. My only complaint was that the room I was in was a bit drafty. Otherwise, although a bit industrial looking, it was very nice.

I booked this hostel on short notice after my other accommodation plans fell through, so this was the best option available. Anyways, it got the job done, but for what I paid I was underwhelmed and ultimately would NOT stay here again. PROS: Clean, very nice area, staff were mostly kind and helpful, good (free) breakfast, CONS (which outweigh the pros): Expensive, out of the way, doesn't have in-room lockers, showers are timed, the guy that rented me a bike there wasn't nice, etc.

A little way away from the centre of the city, but a great hostel with amazing breakfast and comfy rooms. Staff are super helpful and you can even buy train tickets from them. Would stay again

We had a nice stay, but the location is really out of the way (we knew that when we booked the hostel). The buffet dinner is great although a little expensive. And unfortunately the lights in our room didn't work well. We had to shower with the door open to let some light in.

Thr internet is good, but a bit slow for using skype. The locker is outside the room and is paid. The beeakfast is excellent, but there is a queue if you go after 8 am. It' close to a tram and a train station

Despite the distance, much better ambience than Stadsdoelen, and it's actually nice to have such a relaxed setting away from the city core. Happy hour and good breakfast and facilities, would recommend despite price.

All are good except the location, it is a little far away from the center of the city, maybe it will be a little inconvenient for you to reach the main tourist attractions.

Everything was fine if you just need a place to stay. A great breakfast with as much as you could eat. Clean and friendly staff. But not good if you're travelling alone... no activities and no atmosphere but that's kind of what you get from these bigger hostels so no complaints :)

I stayed for 2 nights there. Staff at the reception was very helpful, room was clean and breakfast was amazing with choices of ham, cheese, egg and fruit. The only thing I dislike was that it is not allowed to bring any food to the hostel even in the lobby or restaurant. If you dont feel like eating out, the only choice is to order a plate at the hostel which is Chef's Choice for 8.5 euro...

It was a nice place very big probably good for large groups of people but not for backpackers it was a little expensive for the time of year and they didn't have events running.. but saying that it was really clean and the beds where comfortable!

Very good hostel. Good facilities. Far away from city center. Wifi only good down in lobby.

Very good hostel! Perfect breakfast!

This hostel was fairly good. My biggest complaints are that there is no way to lock up your things in the room and the cost, which is typically expensive with this being Europe. The location isn't that close to mass transit as otters had described but it's close enough. It's an interesting neighborhood distant from the touristy parts so the city. The neighborhood has many immigrants and many some interesting ethnic food joints. The hostel bar is good with good music and nice service.

The Hostel is very good. The Staff is also good and the rooms are confortable, very clean and the facilities are perfect.

Good hostel to stay in Amsterdam. The rooms are great, and the breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hostel. It is not near the centre of the city, but there is a tram stop near the hostel.

1 2 3 Next » last »