Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is okay but luckily it is very close to a metro stop. There were no lockers in the room but I felt safe in the room anyways. Not super easy to meet people and it seemed like there were children around all the time. Free breakfast was great.

Localization is not so good is Far. no landry. place for cheldreen and big group should be separate of litle 1, 2 or 3 person it look like schooll. cantine should have more division bar is too much ligthly and should be for free not need to pay drink to stay. should be more personalize

Really enjoyed my 3 nights staying there, this hostel is very big, though it looks like a hotel. It is not in the city center, but very easy to take a tram to get to main tourism sites and train station. The breakfast is excellent!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • China

Like the other reviews, amazing staff, clean, and well run. Just far away. Trams and everything are easy to take and the front desk can sell you the tram passes, but you are just not near anything. Also, more like a hotel. Not good for meeting people in the traditional backpacker sense. Breakfast was free and really good.

• 8th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel, but please install lockers in the individual rooms. After dozens of HI hostels, this is the first one I've ever been to that does not include lockers in the room (you can pay for using one downstairs but this is impractical and it shouldn't cost money to lock up things). Other than that a great hostel, a bit out of the centre but easy to get anywhere, and the neighborhood is really interesting (try all the Turkish food). Also, immaculate clean rooms and comfortable beds.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was very clean and very well run. The free breakfast was better than the free breakfast offered at most hostels. The location was a bit out the way from the city but not too bad since it was relatively close to a bus stop. I'd definitely recommend staying hear to those who are considering it.

Very clean place. Nice facilities and breakfast. Wifi doesn't really work in the rooms and the atmosphere could be better. It Was hard to meet other backpackers. The lobby was always filled with teenaged school groups it seemed. Not that close to the main area of town either but there are benefits to that. I Definitely felt safe and it was a quiet and charming little neighborhood.

need to let guests know that the laundry machines do not work and are a scam

The hostel wasn't too hard to find, just had to take the sprinter/tram to Muiderpoort from Amsterdam Sloterdijk then walk about 10-15 mins. The place seems very secure and in a very safe neighborhood. It was a bit odd walking in because I had a sandwich with me and they have a "No outside food or alcohol" policy which kind of shocked me at first. Other than that, clean facilities, nice bathroom, HUGE shower which was nice, fresh sheets, pillow case, and comforter and a very great all around stay

I definitely love my stay at Stayokay! the atmosphere was great, the structure is new and modern: open spaces in the room and in the common areas. I stayed here with two girl friends and we stayed in a 6-bed room (mixed) with ensuite, the room was spacious, the bed were comfortable and CLEAN, and the bed linen also. Each bed is provided with light and socket (that is not obvious) and you can hire a hair dryer free (deposit 20 euro). The breakfast was very great! The staff is helpful and kind!

Wonderful place. Seems more like a hotel which isn't always a bad thing. Very clean place with friendly staff. Would recommend

I loved this converted high school. It very much felt like a school, and the kids running around it added to the effect. I was incredibly impressed by the free breakfast as well. Quite a spread, I ate my fill. My only complaint was that the room I was in was a bit drafty. Otherwise, although a bit industrial looking, it was very nice.

I booked this hostel on short notice after my other accommodation plans fell through, so this was the best option available. Anyways, it got the job done, but for what I paid I was underwhelmed and ultimately would NOT stay here again. PROS: Clean, very nice area, staff were mostly kind and helpful, good (free) breakfast, CONS (which outweigh the pros): Expensive, out of the way, doesn't have in-room lockers, showers are timed, the guy that rented me a bike there wasn't nice, etc.

A little way away from the centre of the city, but a great hostel with amazing breakfast and comfy rooms. Staff are super helpful and you can even buy train tickets from them. Would stay again

We had a nice stay, but the location is really out of the way (we knew that when we booked the hostel). The buffet dinner is great although a little expensive. And unfortunately the lights in our room didn't work well. We had to shower with the door open to let some light in.

Thr internet is good, but a bit slow for using skype. The locker is outside the room and is paid. The beeakfast is excellent, but there is a queue if you go after 8 am. It' close to a tram and a train station

Despite the distance, much better ambience than Stadsdoelen, and it's actually nice to have such a relaxed setting away from the city core. Happy hour and good breakfast and facilities, would recommend despite price.

All are good except the location, it is a little far away from the center of the city, maybe it will be a little inconvenient for you to reach the main tourist attractions.

Everything was fine if you just need a place to stay. A great breakfast with as much as you could eat. Clean and friendly staff. But not good if you're travelling alone... no activities and no atmosphere but that's kind of what you get from these bigger hostels so no complaints :)

I stayed for 2 nights there. Staff at the reception was very helpful, room was clean and breakfast was amazing with choices of ham, cheese, egg and fruit. The only thing I dislike was that it is not allowed to bring any food to the hostel even in the lobby or restaurant. If you dont feel like eating out, the only choice is to order a plate at the hostel which is Chef's Choice for 8.5 euro...