Stayokay Arnhem Reviews

Diepenbrocklaan 27, 6815 AH, Arnhem, Netherlands

Friendly staff, clean and organized facility, and it feels isolated while still being a 5 minute walk from a bus stop. great place to stay!

Nice hostel, located in the north of Arnhem. The centre can be reached by bike in around 10 minutes. The 8 bed dorms have an own shower and toilet ensuite. This has the disadvantage that you might wake other people up by taking a shower. I would prefer a bathroom in the hallway. Besides this small downside, I liked the nice common areas (including a nice bar and billiards), the good breakfast which is included, and the helpful staff.

Plastic covers on mattresses and pillows do not make for a good night's sleep, especially in hot weather . The closing doors were the noisiest I've known in a hostel. I hardly slept for one reason or the other.

In a 7 person room, very short stay, only thing I really noted to improve would be a power slot by each bed for charging mobile phones.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

stuff for sleep, its not just a simple bed, its very healthy. I didn't like of a dusty smell in the living room and corridors, I think it needs to wash up.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

Regarding security: lockable lockers (with your own or with a 'rented' lock) in the rooms. Location: quite and peaceful, but far from the railway station.

Great breakfast and room, however stand out feature of this hostel is definitely the extremely kind and welcoming staff. we had unavoidable situations which meant we could not meet the check in time but staff were understanding and waited for our arrival and even moved us to a private room to ensure we didn't disturb other guests late at night and were able to sort ourselves out.

Stayokay was a nice, clean hostel! We were with 5 guys in a 6-persons dorm. The 6th bed was free, so we had the room for our own. The hostel has got a bar, a pool table and a table soccer table. The breakfast was simple but more than ok! The location isn't the best, but it's just a few minutes walking to the busstation and then 5 to 10 minutes by bus to the city center. We went back by taxi. If i have to stay in Arnhem once again, then this is the place to be!

A bit remote but beautifully situated Hostel. Very good breakfast. Many families. If you are by foot do not follow the street signs - there is a hidden stairway that leads up the hill directly to the hostel. Walking along the street takes much longer.

Pros: Very Clean, great breakfast, facilities were fantastic, near an excellent park Cons: More Hotel than Hostel, not a place to meet new people if you're young (average age when I was there was mid 40's), a bit of a walk from Arnhem itself

It's well out of the way, I struggled to find it. No kitchen. However you get a good breakfast and en suite bathroom. There is an (expensive) bar and a decent common area by reception and you can borrow books. Security is pretty good and it's quite quiet. The rooms are pretty decent.