Stayokay Arnhem Reviews

Diepenbrocklaan 27, 6815 AH, Arnhem, Netherlands

Plastic covers on mattresses and pillows do not make for a good night's sleep, especially in hot weather . The closing doors were the noisiest I've known in a hostel. I hardly slept for one reason or the other.

In a 7 person room, very short stay, only thing I really noted to improve would be a power slot by each bed for charging mobile phones.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

stuff for sleep, its not just a simple bed, its very healthy. I didn't like of a dusty smell in the living room and corridors, I think it needs to wash up.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

Regarding security: lockable lockers (with your own or with a 'rented' lock) in the rooms. Location: quite and peaceful, but far from the railway station.

Great breakfast and room, however stand out feature of this hostel is definitely the extremely kind and welcoming staff. we had unavoidable situations which meant we could not meet the check in time but staff were understanding and waited for our arrival and even moved us to a private room to ensure we didn't disturb other guests late at night and were able to sort ourselves out.

Stayokay was a nice, clean hostel! We were with 5 guys in a 6-persons dorm. The 6th bed was free, so we had the room for our own. The hostel has got a bar, a pool table and a table soccer table. The breakfast was simple but more than ok! The location isn't the best, but it's just a few minutes walking to the busstation and then 5 to 10 minutes by bus to the city center. We went back by taxi. If i have to stay in Arnhem once again, then this is the place to be!

A bit remote but beautifully situated Hostel. Very good breakfast. Many families. If you are by foot do not follow the street signs - there is a hidden stairway that leads up the hill directly to the hostel. Walking along the street takes much longer.

Pros: Very Clean, great breakfast, facilities were fantastic, near an excellent park Cons: More Hotel than Hostel, not a place to meet new people if you're young (average age when I was there was mid 40's), a bit of a walk from Arnhem itself

It's well out of the way, I struggled to find it. No kitchen. However you get a good breakfast and en suite bathroom. There is an (expensive) bar and a decent common area by reception and you can borrow books. Security is pretty good and it's quite quiet. The rooms are pretty decent.

A good green location and a lovely walk through the park to arrive at the hostel ...... it may be about 2km ..... but worth the walk.

It was a 30 minute hike with backpack on to reach from the railway station, so not ideal. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was good, but I think given it location a better dinner menu (more choices) would enhance it's appeal. One negative is the lack of liquid soap hand wash in the rooms for hygiene after toilet use. The surrounding parklands are very relaxing.

this is a really nice hostel

This is a great hostel with very friendly staff. It is a bit of a walk into town but not far from the bus and ideal for bikes with good overnight security of bikes. No washing facilities or drying room but I think that is norm on continent. I would use stay okay again.

Excellent value. This place has hotel level quality, included breakfast with proper food options, the location is a bit of a hike from Arnhem Centraal but it is in a lovely quiet street. The staff were very helpful, the rooms were clean and the wifi was excellent. One of the best hostels I have visited.

Its great! Nothing much to complain about though. The staff are very helpful, hostel is very clean, facilities are good, breakfast is great as well!

This was the first time I stayed at a Stayokay hostel. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I'm on bicycle tour of Europe. I especially appreciated the fact that they lock the bicycle in a secure location rather than just locked up on the street or down in a basement.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Excellent stay. Only two minor complaints. The windows of the rooms cannot be properly opened, it's too hot in there and there can be a bad smell - it's a backpacker hostel after all. Opening the windows is really necessary. Also in the other rooms of the house, there was not enough air circulation and it smelt badly. The staff should at least open extensively all windows. The location is pleasant but very far from the city center.

A bit far from town but a great place to lat up for the night,close to the park,which is great for the summer evenings

This was my first hostel experience and I was very impressed! Comfortable and clean environment, staff was very helpful in helping us plan our activities, and the breakfast was much better than expected. The bike rental service was great also. Location is quiet and about a 20 minute walk from the center of town, very restful. Thought it is a little on the pricier side, I would highly recommend this hostel!

it took me ages to reach the hostel by bike... when it rained like cats and dogs... i just didnt know where the hostel is and it was quite difficult to find it. the breakfast was just excellent. and thanks for having a bike shed.

• 12th Oct 2013