Stayokay Arnhem Reviews

Diepenbrocklaan 27, 6815 AH, Arnhem, Netherlands

Nice place but the biggest problem was the heating in the room. When I arrived around 16h the heating in the room was completely switched off. I then turned it on to full and went with my group to our show in the city centre. We returned around midnight and still found the room noticeably cold, with no heat coming through the heater at that moment despite it being turned on full. We had a very cold night in there and since the staff only worked until midnight, no one was there to help.

• 14th Jan 2016

Expected more. Was here in low season, but still a bit disappointed that the room was so cold. No wifi in room,although it says there is. More like a hotel than a hostel, not very easy to meet people, but again, this might be because the low season. Probably a nice place to stay if you have kids, as it is in the forest and with a playground outside. Breakfast is great.

Friendly staff, clean and organized facility, and it feels isolated while still being a 5 minute walk from a bus stop. great place to stay!

Nice hostel, located in the north of Arnhem. The centre can be reached by bike in around 10 minutes. The 8 bed dorms have an own shower and toilet ensuite. This has the disadvantage that you might wake other people up by taking a shower. I would prefer a bathroom in the hallway. Besides this small downside, I liked the nice common areas (including a nice bar and billiards), the good breakfast which is included, and the helpful staff.

Plastic covers on mattresses and pillows do not make for a good night's sleep, especially in hot weather . The closing doors were the noisiest I've known in a hostel. I hardly slept for one reason or the other.

In a 7 person room, very short stay, only thing I really noted to improve would be a power slot by each bed for charging mobile phones.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

stuff for sleep, its not just a simple bed, its very healthy. I didn't like of a dusty smell in the living room and corridors, I think it needs to wash up.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

Regarding security: lockable lockers (with your own or with a 'rented' lock) in the rooms. Location: quite and peaceful, but far from the railway station.

Great breakfast and room, however stand out feature of this hostel is definitely the extremely kind and welcoming staff. we had unavoidable situations which meant we could not meet the check in time but staff were understanding and waited for our arrival and even moved us to a private room to ensure we didn't disturb other guests late at night and were able to sort ourselves out.

Stayokay was a nice, clean hostel! We were with 5 guys in a 6-persons dorm. The 6th bed was free, so we had the room for our own. The hostel has got a bar, a pool table and a table soccer table. The breakfast was simple but more than ok! The location isn't the best, but it's just a few minutes walking to the busstation and then 5 to 10 minutes by bus to the city center. We went back by taxi. If i have to stay in Arnhem once again, then this is the place to be!

A bit remote but beautifully situated Hostel. Very good breakfast. Many families. If you are by foot do not follow the street signs - there is a hidden stairway that leads up the hill directly to the hostel. Walking along the street takes much longer.

Pros: Very Clean, great breakfast, facilities were fantastic, near an excellent park Cons: More Hotel than Hostel, not a place to meet new people if you're young (average age when I was there was mid 40's), a bit of a walk from Arnhem itself

It's well out of the way, I struggled to find it. No kitchen. However you get a good breakfast and en suite bathroom. There is an (expensive) bar and a decent common area by reception and you can borrow books. Security is pretty good and it's quite quiet. The rooms are pretty decent.

A good green location and a lovely walk through the park to arrive at the hostel ...... it may be about 2km ..... but worth the walk.

It was a 30 minute hike with backpack on to reach from the railway station, so not ideal. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was good, but I think given it location a better dinner menu (more choices) would enhance it's appeal. One negative is the lack of liquid soap hand wash in the rooms for hygiene after toilet use. The surrounding parklands are very relaxing.

this is a really nice hostel

This is a great hostel with very friendly staff. It is a bit of a walk into town but not far from the bus and ideal for bikes with good overnight security of bikes. No washing facilities or drying room but I think that is norm on continent. I would use stay okay again.

Excellent value. This place has hotel level quality, included breakfast with proper food options, the location is a bit of a hike from Arnhem Centraal but it is in a lovely quiet street. The staff were very helpful, the rooms were clean and the wifi was excellent. One of the best hostels I have visited.

Its great! Nothing much to complain about though. The staff are very helpful, hostel is very clean, facilities are good, breakfast is great as well!

This was the first time I stayed at a Stayokay hostel. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I'm on bicycle tour of Europe. I especially appreciated the fact that they lock the bicycle in a secure location rather than just locked up on the street or down in a basement.

• 22nd Jul 2014