Stayokay Den Haag (The Hague) Reviews

Scheepmakersstraat 27, 2515 VA, The Hague, Netherlands

The staff were incredibly friendly and flexible. I had made a few booking errors regarding dates, so they changed it what I had meant to do instead of what I did do and only charged for the difference with no re-booking fees or penalties. The provided breakfast was also pretty good, and they're very flexible with dietary restrictions, though they don't really let you in on this until you get there. If they had posted a sign or something it would have sped things up.

• 3rd Jun 2013

The staff were excellent, really kind and friendly and spoke excellent English. The hostel was safe and very well maintained. The bunk bed I had was made of metal and creaked very badly in the night, it was rather annoying and prevented me from having a good nights sleep, the person below me snored badly as well, though that is not at all the hostels fault. Amusingly I could use the creaking of the bed to end his snoring so it had a silver lining.

• 21st May 2013

I had good time in this hostel. It needed more cleanliness in both bedrooms and rest room. Reception people could be more polite and accessible to the guests.

• 19th May 2013
  • Cyprus

booked 6 mix dorm...but there were 7 people.... and no wifi in the room..... not allow to bring food inside the hostel... so poor!!!

Clean hostel but lacking in the old world feel that most hostels have in the Netherlands. It was about 1 km walk from the city center, however it was VERY close to the train station (Den Haag Holland Spoor). Wifi worked in my room on the third floor, which was a treat! Great included breakfast as well.

Did not stay at this hostel due to other accommodation arrangements.

This was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were very helpful. Atmosphere was a bit sterile, but this is usually the case with the HI Brand.

Good hostel. The breakfast was awesome!

I wish there was a close locker in the room so that we can put some stuff. Everything was fine specially the afternoon shift staff both at the reception as in the bar.

Super!!! Nice room and BREAKFAST!!! highly recommended

I enjoyed the breakfast, it is a healthy choice.

• 25th Apr 2013
  • Portugal

A very clean hostel with a good breakfast. The hostel wasn’t ideal for meeting people. The bar was very quiet. Staff were very helpful, however some advice on what to see would be a welcome addition. Good checkout time of 11:30am.

VERY close to the train station, which is nice...but a bit of a walk to the downtown area. On a nice day, though, the walk is enjoyable. The hostel had bike rentals, but we didn't use them. They charged us for hot water at the bar though, and there was no kettle or anything in our room. The shower was a little funky and got water everywhere, but the rooms were clean. We got a cool view of a canal. The breakfast is average, typical fruit, toast, yogurt, eggs and coffee. One of our favorites tho!

Close to public transport and therefore very convenient when going places, friendly helpful staff, clean, safe, everything you could wish for. Just great value for money!

• 13th Apr 2013

Not good if you're on your own or want to meet people. But it has the basics and is clean

Simnply amazing. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed. I had a 12 beds dorm just for me, a freind and another couple, so I felt like in a hotel! Would definitely recommend.

It is nice and clean hostel,basicly no problem.

No complaints, one of the best hostels that I've stayed at

Large family focused hostel chain with excellent security. Not a party hostel. Location was about 15 minutes walk from centre of town. Its pretty much across the road from the red light district. Staff were all locals who were not knowledgeable about the city. It has a bar but it was dead every night. Rooms are excellent with comfy bunk beds each with a light/power point. Rooms had shelves, chairs, table and separate shower/toilet/basin. Hostel does not have a laundry.

Whoever designed this hostel was wrong in making it feel like a hotel... There should be free luggage boxes, kitchen... Social area should not be shut down at 11-12...

• 1st Mar 2013