Stayokay Den Haag (The Hague) Reviews

Scheepmakersstraat 27, 2515 VA, The Hague, Netherlands

5mins walk to the HS train station, very good location. Very nice and helpful staff. Wifi was available in the room and the signal was good. Breakfast was good but there won't be many things left after 9:00. Two sinks in our 8-female Dorm on the 3rd floor. And the sinks, shower room and restroom were separated in three rooms--Good design. The only imperfect thing might be that there was no refrigerator for the guests. You couldn't store your food anywhere cold. Anyway, I'll recommend this hostel

It was a great stay overall. The only bad thing was the bathroom in the bedroom. There is no door, so the water goes everywhere during the shower, Good breakfast, facilities and location very close to the train station.

The room is clean and breakfast is quite good. I like it. It's the famous hostel in the Netherlands. Worth!

just take a tram for a stop no matter centel station or HS station~but no locker in the room or corridor

Top Service!! totally recommended!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

A really nice, very clean hostel with very friendly staff. Its in a great part of town that is close to the city center and the main tram station which can take you anywhere in The Hague as well as the entire Netherlands! If you're in the Hague I highly recommend this place.

You get what you paid for!!! The location is really good and everything was pretty clean.

Is not really a hostel - more of a hotel really so expect families and elderly groups. No lockers and the rooms weren't always cleaned very well.

Kids screaming through the hallways in the evening - no one telling them to shut the **** up. There is this sign in the room telling you to to keep quit during the night. I guess the kids weren't able to read. No staff around during the night / didn't see anyone. Not thinking about coming back at this hostel again.

Me and my friend booked a FEMALE DORM, but when we came back to our room during the night, there were GUYS in the room as well. So we went down to ask the reception to make sure if we didn't get the wrong room. She was like yeah it is a female dorm, and seems like not believing us. She said we can bring the security guard up to see in your room and stuff. Anyway, we didn't want to make a fuss from all of this, just wanted to make sure and stuff but they gave us a new room to stay anyway so.

Wifi was unsuesable, weak very slow. No lockers In the rooms.

Great hostel, good location, quiet, good breakfast; helpful staff. Only issue is wifi - for such a large organisation to have wifi NOT working for such long periods of time is not good enough - you advertise free wifi - but do not uphold your part of the contract with your clients.

The hostel is well kept and has everything you would expect. Staff are friendly. However, the hostel has a somewhat spartan feel to it and the surrounding area is somewhat dodgy. You can absolutely stay here if you have to visit The Hague - personally I would skip the Hague alltogether.

Was up on the 3rd floor in room 3.07 could not fault the dorm or general cleanliness. Was also in with good group of people who we're discrete tidy and quiet when they came in late (no wild horseplay or banter like Amsterdams Stadsdolen). It would have been nice to have had a general standard flush toilet available up on the 3rd floor even if this was communal as i had to use the 'shelf' arrangement in the dorm. The stench was truly overpowering in such a confined space!

Stayokay Den Haag is clean and comfortable hostel, only the tray in the restaurant (for breakfast) which are not really clean and they only provide us unlocked+open drawer. The staffs are also friendly.

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Indonesia

Very happy with our stay here. All staff were very helpful and friendly.

Some of the staff were really nice, others were really rude!

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Venezuela

There were no lockable boards in the room - that's bad!

I did not stay in the hostel, because I had to cancel my stay there. But there is no option for that, so I am leaving my comments here. They were very friendly when I had to cancel, that's why I am saying they were excellent.

Great place to stay at Den Haag. Close walking distance to the city center. Staff were very nice and welcoming. Atmosphere would be better with a lot more people as it is a big hostel with a big dining area and bar. The bar was nice with cheap beer but not that many people. Would certainly recommend to anyone spending from a day to even maybe a week in Den Haag.