Stayokay Den Haag (The Hague) Reviews

Scheepmakersstraat 27, 2515 VA, The Hague, Netherlands

The hostel is well kept and has everything you would expect. Staff are friendly. However, the hostel has a somewhat spartan feel to it and the surrounding area is somewhat dodgy. You can absolutely stay here if you have to visit The Hague - personally I would skip the Hague alltogether.

Was up on the 3rd floor in room 3.07 could not fault the dorm or general cleanliness. Was also in with good group of people who we're discrete tidy and quiet when they came in late (no wild horseplay or banter like Amsterdams Stadsdolen). It would have been nice to have had a general standard flush toilet available up on the 3rd floor even if this was communal as i had to use the 'shelf' arrangement in the dorm. The stench was truly overpowering in such a confined space!

Stayokay Den Haag is clean and comfortable hostel, only the tray in the restaurant (for breakfast) which are not really clean and they only provide us unlocked+open drawer. The staffs are also friendly.

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Indonesia

Very happy with our stay here. All staff were very helpful and friendly.

Some of the staff were really nice, others were really rude!

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Venezuela

There were no lockable boards in the room - that's bad!

I did not stay in the hostel, because I had to cancel my stay there. But there is no option for that, so I am leaving my comments here. They were very friendly when I had to cancel, that's why I am saying they were excellent.

Great place to stay at Den Haag. Close walking distance to the city center. Staff were very nice and welcoming. Atmosphere would be better with a lot more people as it is a big hostel with a big dining area and bar. The bar was nice with cheap beer but not that many people. Would certainly recommend to anyone spending from a day to even maybe a week in Den Haag.

We traveled around Holand and stayed in Stayok hostels 3 times, in Rotterdam, Haag and Haarlem. We had no acces to internet in all three hostels, so free wifi is not so true. But the breakfast was always nice and the atmosphere and cleanless depened on the age of the hostel. The best was in Rotterdam, the purest in Haarlem. Haag had a nice staff, which helped us much and had a good location, by walk to the center and the tram will take you to Scheweginen and Madudoram in 15 minutes.

Nothing too outstanding about this hostel. More of a hotel feel with ok staff. We didn't stay long but it was nice for the most part.

is very accommodating, breakfast included and very good. Highly recommernded

Nice atmosphere inside the hostel

The staff were incredibly friendly and flexible. I had made a few booking errors regarding dates, so they changed it what I had meant to do instead of what I did do and only charged for the difference with no re-booking fees or penalties. The provided breakfast was also pretty good, and they're very flexible with dietary restrictions, though they don't really let you in on this until you get there. If they had posted a sign or something it would have sped things up.

• 3rd Jun 2013

The staff were excellent, really kind and friendly and spoke excellent English. The hostel was safe and very well maintained. The bunk bed I had was made of metal and creaked very badly in the night, it was rather annoying and prevented me from having a good nights sleep, the person below me snored badly as well, though that is not at all the hostels fault. Amusingly I could use the creaking of the bed to end his snoring so it had a silver lining.

• 21st May 2013

I had good time in this hostel. It needed more cleanliness in both bedrooms and rest room. Reception people could be more polite and accessible to the guests.

• 19th May 2013
  • Cyprus

booked 6 mix dorm...but there were 7 people.... and no wifi in the room..... not allow to bring food inside the hostel... so poor!!!

Clean hostel but lacking in the old world feel that most hostels have in the Netherlands. It was about 1 km walk from the city center, however it was VERY close to the train station (Den Haag Holland Spoor). Wifi worked in my room on the third floor, which was a treat! Great included breakfast as well.

Did not stay at this hostel due to other accommodation arrangements.

This was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were very helpful. Atmosphere was a bit sterile, but this is usually the case with the HI Brand.

Good hostel. The breakfast was awesome!