Stayokay Den Haag (The Hague)

8.5
Fabulous 915 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 915 Total Reviews

29th Jul 2017

I was quite disappointed when I found I would be sharing this hostel with about 100 high-school students on a trip. They flooded the whole hostel and were very noisy. I was very disappointed when I paid for a dinner meal and was served AFTER the 100 students, who ended up taking more than their share of food and left me without what I paid for. They were also throwing food at each other and being very loud in the dining hall. Check first before booking whether they will be hosting large parties.

27th Jul 2017

great location, great staff, pretty good free breakfast in the morning! definitely one of the best free breakfasts on our trip. bathroom had no ventilation so it didn't smell great, and soap is not included. quite close to kwik-e-mart and about a mile or a mile and a half from the den haag centraal (easy walk, imo). all in all, very nice stay. i'd certainly stay here again.

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2017
6.3

Staff were really nice. The bathrooms in my room smelt really bad any time someone used it (lack of ventalation) the bar and food were really nice and cosy. The walk to the centre was about 10 minutes. There was a lady in my room who spent the entire time naked which was uncomfortable especially when trying to sleep, she also spent most of her time eating and leaving wrappers on the floor

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2017
8.0

The facilities themselves were good and clean, and I was glad they had an elevator. But I paid for early check in and then when I arrived at 5:30am after a LONG bus ride, I had to endure 30 minutes of "I find it hard to believe. Do you know what time it is?" Even though I showed him multiple emails as proof. Finally he actually checked the computer when I insisted and it was all fine. Then I had to request the towels etc that came with the early checkin because he didn't give them to me.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017
7.1

A fine hostel, but not really any atmosphere, this may be because not many people visit the Hague but also might be due to the business men/ school parties that were staying there. Bit surprised to read all the excellent reviews about breakfast as it was pretty standard, and not the best I had on my visit. Dorms were really spacious and airy which was nice, and beds were comfortable. Location is near the train stations but a little walk from the centre

• Norway, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2017
7.4

The hostel was really nice, with friendly staff and only a 10-15min walk to the city centre. The breakfast buffet was also good! The only negative things were: -no facilities to make yourself some tea, food etc. No kitchen is fine, but a kettle would be nice -the lockers are in the basement (costs 2euro per 24hrs, which is ok) which is very inconvenient -no activities arranged by the hostel to create some atmosphere so that travellers easier get to know each other Other than that, nice and safe!

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
30th Jun 2017
5.1

The room we were given had to be the dirtiest one I've ever seen. The smell made it unbearable for me to stay in the room for just a few minutes. Beds were comfortable and cleaner than the rest of the room. However the location of the hostel isn't terrible. It's only a short walk from the tram to get to the beach. I would recommend a different hostel if possible.

29th Jun 2017

Stayokay is a great hostile to stay at, we only stayed one night but the beds where comfortable, rooms and bathrooms where clean, highly recommend hiring bikes from the hostel to ride through the city, it's location to the station is great only a ten minute walk. Overall our stay at this hostel was great and I recommend it to other travelers.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Jun 2017

Overall great stay here. Good location, easy to reach the main stations and the centre. Quiet and calm (I did stay mid week maybe this is why) friendly staff with lots of info and help. THE most amazing breakfast selection I have ever seen especially in a hostel! Loads of choice, fruit, veg, breads, meats, cheese, cereal, jams, coffee juice etc really massive well done for this! Only down side was no lockers in the room for bags but it felt pretty safe :-)

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
10th Jun 2017
7.1

Our stay, OK. We had a private double room and it was huge with two single bunk beds not ideal. No kitchen and a sort of weird free all you can eat breakfast (in addition to toast, eggs and other breakfast foods one day there was pasta salad) . Not allowed to bring outside food or beverages in either. Lots of families will also stay at this location, so some nights there were kids running around the halls. No atmosphere so if your looking to socialize with other travellers go elsewhere.