Stayokay Haarlem Reviews

Jan Gijzenpad 3, 2024 CL, Haarlem, Netherlands

I honestly enjoyed my stay at stayokay. The people and staff were wounderful so nice and helpful. I enjoyed thqt we got free breakfest and that it was right next to the water. Honestly I would co,e stay in haarlem again in a heart beat,

• 27th Jun 2015

The hostel is clean and staff friendly. Everything works quite well and they are willing to help you if you run into any sort of problem. But forget about the spontaneous atmosphere you might have experienced in other hostels in other countries, where travelers gather together to share stories, where there is a sort of general "home" feeling. This sort of hostel has more the feeling of a hotel instead, the only difference is that you sleep with several other people in the room.

• 14th May 2015

I liked the location but it depends what you're after - calm surroundings next to a park. Santpoort Zuid station is a 10 minute walk away from where it's about 20 mins to Amsterdam (10 euro return ticket). Haarlem centre is 5km away, but a bus stops right outside. 4 bed dorm was a decent size with big lockers and good beds. Good breakfast spread.

We stayed in the same hostel in Bunnik and it was exactly the same hostel. The only thing is that in Harleem we paid for one night stay more for the same standard, so it was not such a value for money. Besides it evrth was ok.

It is really far from the city centre, but fortunately it has a bus stop right in front that even has the hostel name! Everything else was fine! The towels for rental were a little expensive (4€), but except for that, everything was ok.

This is a wonderful hostel in a charming area. It is only about a twenty minute train ride into Amsterdam. The facilities were clean and comfortable and the breakfast is delicious! My only comment is that they should perhaps have a bell to ring at the front desk. They claim to have a 24-hour reception, but we had to wait on a number of occasions until we were notice. Not a big issue in the whole scheme of things, however.

Hostel has bright common areas, wifi working properly, some car parking places outside. Staff was really nice and helpful at any time_ we booked 4 beds dormitory and me and my boyfriend were left alone in the room for the 3 night stay, we really appreciate it (low season). Breakfast amazingly high standard for a hostel: different types of bread, cheese and ham. Good selection of jam/butter/cereals. (only honey was missing). No kitchen use but dinner options available.