Stayokay Haarlem Reviews

Jan Gijzenpad 3, 2024 CL, Haarlem, Netherlands

Well organized Stayokay hostel. Good staff and clean, but a long way from central Haarlem. There is a bus stop right outside. There is also a nice park, but a busy, noisy road as well. The breakfast was great!

Awesome place to relax, quick bus in and out of Haarlem, 10 minute train to the beach and 15 minutes to Amsterdam. Great feel for Dutch culture in Haarlem. Lots of facilities but more of a family atmosphere than anything else. Good stay.

Adorable hostel and excellent Breakfast =) Me and my friend stayed for two days and we enjoyed.

• 17th Jul 2015

I honestly enjoyed my stay at stayokay. The people and staff were wounderful so nice and helpful. I enjoyed thqt we got free breakfest and that it was right next to the water. Honestly I would co,e stay in haarlem again in a heart beat,

• 27th Jun 2015

The hostel is clean and staff friendly. Everything works quite well and they are willing to help you if you run into any sort of problem. But forget about the spontaneous atmosphere you might have experienced in other hostels in other countries, where travelers gather together to share stories, where there is a sort of general "home" feeling. This sort of hostel has more the feeling of a hotel instead, the only difference is that you sleep with several other people in the room.

• 14th May 2015

I liked the location but it depends what you're after - calm surroundings next to a park. Santpoort Zuid station is a 10 minute walk away from where it's about 20 mins to Amsterdam (10 euro return ticket). Haarlem centre is 5km away, but a bus stops right outside. 4 bed dorm was a decent size with big lockers and good beds. Good breakfast spread.

We stayed in the same hostel in Bunnik and it was exactly the same hostel. The only thing is that in Harleem we paid for one night stay more for the same standard, so it was not such a value for money. Besides it evrth was ok.

It is really far from the city centre, but fortunately it has a bus stop right in front that even has the hostel name! Everything else was fine! The towels for rental were a little expensive (4€), but except for that, everything was ok.

This is a wonderful hostel in a charming area. It is only about a twenty minute train ride into Amsterdam. The facilities were clean and comfortable and the breakfast is delicious! My only comment is that they should perhaps have a bell to ring at the front desk. They claim to have a 24-hour reception, but we had to wait on a number of occasions until we were notice. Not a big issue in the whole scheme of things, however.

Hostel has bright common areas, wifi working properly, some car parking places outside. Staff was really nice and helpful at any time_ we booked 4 beds dormitory and me and my boyfriend were left alone in the room for the 3 night stay, we really appreciate it (low season). Breakfast amazingly high standard for a hostel: different types of bread, cheese and ham. Good selection of jam/butter/cereals. (only honey was missing). No kitchen use but dinner options available.

Thank you so much, we passed good time at your place. Really great with kids!

• 1st Dec 2014

My rating is low because I did good for everything and not excellent. Nothing was really excellent but I was satisfied with everything still. It's a 10 minute walk to santpoort train station to take yu to amsterdam and the bus station that takes you to Haarlem train station is directly infront of the building so it was quite convenient.

HAD A GOOOOOOEEEEEEEDDDDDDD TIME Thanks for everything Lolly Anu xx

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

For the most part, I enjoyed our 3 nights at Stayokay Haarlem. Our first two nights rated very good in all the above categories. Our third night reduced the rating to very poor. The pub was open far beyond the posted hours, some guests were up until 2:30-3am singing in the hall ways which made sleep almost impossible. I had to call the desk person twice and although she was very nice about it, she suggested that I should just put up with it. Stick to the posted hours!!

• 18th Aug 2014

Not all that clean (clean sheets were available, but floor was not that clean), standard rooms, very good breakfast

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Hostel and staff were nice but lack of paper towels and soap in the bathrooms was annoying.

Nice and clean with very friendly staff - on the expensive side but most places near to Amsterdam are. Recommended!

Bunk bed in a double private bedroom is not the best, however the cleaning and the hygiene of the room are excellent. The furniture are spartan but functional! Hostel's location is maybe too far away from the city centre, but is in a quiet area in the green! The breakfast is nothing special, quiet good. The staff is polite and kind! Public areas in the hostel are cozy and beautiful, especially the garden!

• 1st Jun 2014

Room clean n tidy. convenient to get to hostel by public transport.Good supplies of breakfast nd peaceful environment. Arjen is a very helpful staff

It was nice. Easy to get there kind staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6