Stayokay Haarlem Reviews

Jan Gijzenpad 3, 2024 CL, Haarlem, Netherlands

My rating is low because I did good for everything and not excellent. Nothing was really excellent but I was satisfied with everything still. It's a 10 minute walk to santpoort train station to take yu to amsterdam and the bus station that takes you to Haarlem train station is directly infront of the building so it was quite convenient.

HAD A GOOOOOOEEEEEEEDDDDDDD TIME Thanks for everything Lolly Anu xx

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

For the most part, I enjoyed our 3 nights at Stayokay Haarlem. Our first two nights rated very good in all the above categories. Our third night reduced the rating to very poor. The pub was open far beyond the posted hours, some guests were up until 2:30-3am singing in the hall ways which made sleep almost impossible. I had to call the desk person twice and although she was very nice about it, she suggested that I should just put up with it. Stick to the posted hours!!

• 18th Aug 2014

Not all that clean (clean sheets were available, but floor was not that clean), standard rooms, very good breakfast

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Hostel and staff were nice but lack of paper towels and soap in the bathrooms was annoying.

Nice and clean with very friendly staff - on the expensive side but most places near to Amsterdam are. Recommended!

Bunk bed in a double private bedroom is not the best, however the cleaning and the hygiene of the room are excellent. The furniture are spartan but functional! Hostel's location is maybe too far away from the city centre, but is in a quiet area in the green! The breakfast is nothing special, quiet good. The staff is polite and kind! Public areas in the hostel are cozy and beautiful, especially the garden!

• 1st Jun 2014

Room clean n tidy. convenient to get to hostel by public transport.Good supplies of breakfast nd peaceful environment. Arjen is a very helpful staff

It was nice. Easy to get there kind staff.

An ideal place to stay for family groups. Excellent breakfasts, helpful staff

• 14th Jul 2013

Presentation on internet is not really what you find on the site : looking at the picture you imagine the place is surrounded by nature whereas there is a speed way on the back (our room had view on the cars, hopefully windows do not let noise in) and another road on the side nearby. Place is handy for people driving. Bus is expensive when coming from town (2 euros one way in 2013). Barman is very nice, interesting and plays very well the guitar.

• 4th May 2013

We arrived to find the credit card/debit card machine was not working, no one was able to tell us the correct price for our room and we were kept waiting while a succession of staff all agreed they didn't know what to do. We had booked a private double and a single. The private double was a four-bed dorm (two bunk beds) -not a double bed or even two single beds which was exceedingly misleading given the price we were charged for the room.

There's a bar and patio on location, which is nice. This hostel is not very close to the city center. We also liked having a shower and toilet in our private room. The food is good, too. But bring your earplugs. There were teenagers running around, screaming, knocking on doors, playing tag, until very late. I felt like I was sleeping in a high school. And make sure you either bring a towel or have enough money to buy one. They don't supply towels. Overall, though, it was a good experience.

There's a stop on "2 Noord" busline called "StayOkay", that made my life easy as I speak NO Dutch. The staff was really friendly and nice, the young man put us into a different room at the last minute, to give us a view of the park out back, rather than of the parking lot. The breakfast was great (meats and cheeses, buns, bread for toast with jams and nutellas, juice variety, coffee, milk, cold cereal choices, even yogurt if you want it. GREAT HOSTEL, highly recommended!

looks like a youth hostel. the room was cold and uncomfortable. no backpacker athmosphere

no guest kitchen available

The hostel is a bit far from Haarlem train station, but reachable by bus. (Bus stop right in front of the hostel.) Quiet location with green field in the back yard makes you feel relaxing. Dorm is clean and equipped by safety box but remember to bring a lock by yourself. Free wifi in common area but no signal in dorm. Not bad breakfast and VERY friendly & helpful staff.

I enjoyed my stay at this Hostel as it was priced very well along with having breakfast included. The facility was nice and clean and sure it was not close to down town as that did not matter to me as I had a car but the one thing was the parking that it was very limited and if you did not get a spot you had to park a ways away near apartments and other house which I would not have like to keep my car so far away. Over all my experience at this hostel was great!

The hostel is a bit far away from the city, but it´s nice..

it will be better if there is a changable sheet on the bed cushion.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6