Stayokay Maastricht Reviews

Maasboulevard 101. City/Town: Maastricht. Post/Are, Maastricht, Netherlands

The food apart from breakfast (which itself wasn't too great, although because little needed to be cooked was ok) was almost inedible. And ridiculously overpriced, 15.50€ for a plate for lunch/dinner, which should have cost more like 5 euro, or less.

• 29th Jan 2016

No kitchen for guests

The hostel looks more like a hotel. My room (6 beds) was spacious and well lit, with seperate rooms for toilet and shower.

I'm usually not a fan of this type of hostel, but I had a good stay. The staff were really nice and the breakfast is fantastic!! I hated the push button showers though.

Little disappointed that rooms did not have lockers. The bathroom and shower facilities were not very clean and also were very tiny.

People running around and screaming on the hallway. The pillow and the bed just were not suitable for me. Neck was hurting quite a lot after two nights.

This hostel is very clean and has a lovely location on the river, adjacent to centre city. However there were groups of young people staying which made it slightly annoying. Apart from them though the hostel was quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast was also of a high standard.

The hostel is ok, there is not a great atmosphere and i also found it a bit expensive. However it is very clean, the location is good, and the staff at the reception is very friendly and helpful.

Our stay was quite enjoyable. The hostel was extremely easy to find, perfect location, lovely view of the river and also a nice park behind it. It was close to everything, staff was awesome. Be wary of leaving snacks unattended in the room, we had a mouse come in while we were out and it startled us when it ran out upon our return. I'd definitely stay here again though.

• 15th Oct 2015

There were 4 of us, and we booked an ensuite room. We were given a room which seemed set up for people with disabilities. that is ok, but the bathroom was dirty, and the toilet was really dirty. Also ongoing problems with access card, it worked ok in our room door, but most of the cards consistantly failed in the hallway access door. Staff were friendly, but not always through in trying to resolve problems, and sometimes a bit disinterested. Great location.

I really liked this hostel, good location,good wifi, it has breakfast that is always a plus and the rooms were comfortable. The only problem i could see in my 1 night stay was that everytime someone came into the room the light turned on and that was really annoying. Apart from that very good stay!!

Excellent hostel. Its close to everything. Its quiet and calm but at the same time a friendly and social atmosphere. Best breakfast I had at a hostel ever and its got a view of the beautiful river. I wouldnt stay anywhere else in maastricht unless I was looking to party.

Great clean hostel, with great breakfast. A very short walk to everything worth seeing. One slight complaint, in our room the light near the entrance to the room automatically went on when someone entered, so that was a bit annoying while trying to sleep. Other than that, fantastic.

+: * Location was quiet and beautiful next to the river Maas. * The breakfast was diverse and quite delicious. * The rooms and the dining areas were clean. * The staff helpful. -: * The hostel hosted a plentiful of kids on a field trip or something and they were running around and making noise up until midnight. I tried to shush them but to no avail. * No handsoap in the rooms.

I loved the view at this hostel. The river is just behind you and you can see the Bonnefanten Museum across the river. It's just sad that someone stole my umbrella when I left it out to dry :( but I enjoyed my short stay here.

Amazing spot!! Right on the canal, great beer, and very friendly staff!!

I feel good!

The location is great, close to the river, clam area, but 5 min walk to the city center. The rooms work with a card but the lockers are in the basement floor. The staff is correct, what you expect in a hotel more than a hostel. The sheets are a little bit "plastic". They have a bar inside, an a big dinning/living room with a terrace facing the river. The breakfast is great, similar to one you can get in a hotel.

Nice place on a river with a huge sitting area /bar. Own charging ports in the beds. Not too far from the center. Very good

I can recommend!