Stayokay Maastricht Reviews

Maasboulevard 101, Maastricht, Netherlands

This place has the best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel.

Nice hostel next to the river; the breakfast was all right and the staff was helpful. The downsides are that there were no actual private rooms for two people (just a 6 bed room only for the two of us) and that the pillows and mattresses had a funny smell that gave us a headache.

There is not wifi in the room, they don't provide towels and the windows didn't open but slightly. The breakfast is good and the location is right next to the river. Good value

This hostel is awesome. It's clean, bedrooms are beautiful with great facilities, staff is really nice and they offer you an organic breakfast. You can't ask for more.

旅館位置不錯!但晚上睡覺有遭受蚊子攻擊!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

One of the best hostels i have ever visited!

Really good hostel to stay, enjoy ur trip in maastricht

This felt more like a hotel than a hostel in terms of the rooms and the facilities, and the location on the river was beautiful. Unfortunately there wasn't really any atmosphere or people downstairs so it was hard to meet people, and one night there was a fire alarm in the middle of the night (thankfully no fire) which we were given no explanation for.

I would defenitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Maastricht. It is close to the citiy center and direktly at the Maas. The location is just beautiful and the hostel is very modern.

Could not be happier with the hostel. Perfect location, friendly staff, good bar, decent breakfast and the room was very nice looking onto the Maas.

My experience was mixed. The location could not have been better and the shared space is spacious, modern, chic and well-lit. However, in my first trip there were 4 beds in a 2 bed private ensuite, and the other time there were 7 beds in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Plus some of the staff is not very knowledgeable about making changes to bookings. The breakfast is so-so. All this when the cost is not too cheap.

I was somewhat disappointed in this hostel: the environment did not seem conducive to making friends. Most guests were much older than I am. I went to the restaurant/bar once and was treated to impossibly slow service. You have to pay for the lockers and they're in the basement so there is no way to secure your belongings in the room. There is also a ban on all outside food and drinks.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and having breakfast by the river was the highlight of my weekend.

• 15th May 2014
  • Wales

Only a short walk to the main town, and a good place to stay given the limited options is Maastricht. Staff were friendly and breakfast is provided. It is a big hostel that accommodates groups and families, so it's not cozy and intimate like in smaller hostels.

Fantastic place to stay. Such a cozy atmosphere, it was hard to leave!

I think it will be good to have a place that there can a person reading with privacy, quietness and quiescence. That can be just a separate room, a tiny library, or just a comfortable table for this situation!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Cyprus

It was nice Kind staff, nice night view.

It is a 10-15 min from the train station to the hostel. But Maastricht is small and it is a comfortable walk. Hostel is neat and clean. Chargers available at bedside. I seldom find a hostel provide free breakfast, which is a HUGE bonus. Their breakfast is very decent. Stayokay Maastricht is right next to the town center. If you want cheap accommodation, Stayokay is your choice, since there are not many hostels in the city.

Everything was perfect apart from one small thing which i would urge you to reconsider. We wanted to get food delivered. We asked at the reception and were told no food is allowed in the hostel. I dont get this policy but i can understand this one. Then I asked her if i can get it delivered at the hostel address, we'll stand outside and pick it up and eat it outside. And we were told the same as before. This is almost unacceptable.