Stayokay Maastricht Reviews

Maasboulevard 101. City/Town: Maastricht. Post/Are, Maastricht, Netherlands

room temperature was a bit cold

Front staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Staff was very friendly, hostel has some nice facilities in the common room including a bar, foosball, and pool table. Atmosphere is okay, but due to the size not cozy or intimate. I was traveling with a friend, but would not recommend this hostel for solo travelers looking to meet other people. Breakfast is good.

Well, actually I already ansered the feedback that you guys sent me per e-mail before! (: but one more time, more food options at the bar would be nice! The heater is too small for a big room! It was cold inside!

They need to train their staff better to recommend places in the city. My first encounter was with a very average staff member. having said that the staff was very pleasant.

• 27th Oct 2014

Kitchen facility would have been good

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • India

Very quiet, good breakfast, and spacious well put together hostel. Usually I would prefer to have a kitchen but the breakfast is abundant and filling so if you eat enough you'll save on a couple meals. Also the location is great being right beside the river, a park, and maybe 10 minute walk to the center. There is pretty of bike parking out front however it would have been better if it were sheltered from the weather and not right beside the street.

This is a wonderful youth hostel - however you do have really like 'youth'. During my stay there were 128 school children aged 13 and they were loud. My roommate told me she had not slept a wink the previous night as the children ran and shouted all night until 8 am. On my two nights they were fairly quiet between midnight and 7. It is a pity the hostel is not able to separate school children from more adult guests. Next time I will ask beforehand if any large school parties are staying there.

• 7th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Internet is great on the first floor, breakfast is quite good, the place is very clean, great location. Nice!

The main reason I cannot give this hostel good/excellent across the board is that vacated beds were not cleaned in the dorm after guests left. This means used bed linen stayed on the floor for the length of my stay. I also don't think the shower and toilet were cleaned while I was there. Granted, I was only there two nights, so this may have been unusual. Other than that, it was GREAT.