Stayokay Maastricht Reviews

Maasboulevard 101, Maastricht, Netherlands

Very quiet, good breakfast, and spacious well put together hostel. Usually I would prefer to have a kitchen but the breakfast is abundant and filling so if you eat enough you'll save on a couple meals. Also the location is great being right beside the river, a park, and maybe 10 minute walk to the center. There is pretty of bike parking out front however it would have been better if it were sheltered from the weather and not right beside the street.

This is a wonderful youth hostel - however you do have really like 'youth'. During my stay there were 128 school children aged 13 and they were loud. My roommate told me she had not slept a wink the previous night as the children ran and shouted all night until 8 am. On my two nights they were fairly quiet between midnight and 7. It is a pity the hostel is not able to separate school children from more adult guests. Next time I will ask beforehand if any large school parties are staying there.

• 7th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Internet is great on the first floor, breakfast is quite good, the place is very clean, great location. Nice!

The main reason I cannot give this hostel good/excellent across the board is that vacated beds were not cleaned in the dorm after guests left. This means used bed linen stayed on the floor for the length of my stay. I also don't think the shower and toilet were cleaned while I was there. Granted, I was only there two nights, so this may have been unusual. Other than that, it was GREAT.

The hostel is big, so not great atmosphere, but the bar is very nice and looks out over the Maas river which is lovely. The breakfast was great. I would stay here again in Maastricht.

This place has the best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel.

its like a hotel, no vibe. you cant bring your own food clean and in nice area.

Nice hostel next to the river; the breakfast was all right and the staff was helpful. The downsides are that there were no actual private rooms for two people (just a 6 bed room only for the two of us) and that the pillows and mattresses had a funny smell that gave us a headache.

There is not wifi in the room, they don't provide towels and the windows didn't open but slightly. The breakfast is good and the location is right next to the river. Good value

This hostel is awesome. It's clean, bedrooms are beautiful with great facilities, staff is really nice and they offer you an organic breakfast. You can't ask for more.

旅館位置不錯!但晚上睡覺有遭受蚊子攻擊!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

One of the best hostels i have ever visited!

Really good hostel to stay, enjoy ur trip in maastricht

This felt more like a hotel than a hostel in terms of the rooms and the facilities, and the location on the river was beautiful. Unfortunately there wasn't really any atmosphere or people downstairs so it was hard to meet people, and one night there was a fire alarm in the middle of the night (thankfully no fire) which we were given no explanation for.

I would defenitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Maastricht. It is close to the citiy center and direktly at the Maas. The location is just beautiful and the hostel is very modern.

Could not be happier with the hostel. Perfect location, friendly staff, good bar, decent breakfast and the room was very nice looking onto the Maas.

My experience was mixed. The location could not have been better and the shared space is spacious, modern, chic and well-lit. However, in my first trip there were 4 beds in a 2 bed private ensuite, and the other time there were 7 beds in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Plus some of the staff is not very knowledgeable about making changes to bookings. The breakfast is so-so. All this when the cost is not too cheap.

I was somewhat disappointed in this hostel: the environment did not seem conducive to making friends. Most guests were much older than I am. I went to the restaurant/bar once and was treated to impossibly slow service. You have to pay for the lockers and they're in the basement so there is no way to secure your belongings in the room. There is also a ban on all outside food and drinks.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and having breakfast by the river was the highlight of my weekend.

• 15th May 2014
  • Wales

Only a short walk to the main town, and a good place to stay given the limited options is Maastricht. Staff were friendly and breakfast is provided. It is a big hostel that accommodates groups and families, so it's not cozy and intimate like in smaller hostels.