Stayokay Maastricht Reviews

Maasboulevard 101. City/Town: Maastricht. Post/Are, Maastricht, Netherlands

Staff in this hostel was very helpful and nice. Facilities were great: wifi was excellent (actually I've never seen such reliable wireless in a hostel), there was always hot water and the room was spotless. There was even an electric outlet above each bed, built inside the reading lamp. The provided breakfast was similar to a hotel in terms of quality and the terace. I only missed one thing: lockers inside the room. Atmosphere wasn't very great though, most of the guests were older people.

There are no lockers in the rooms, even though indicated on the website.

Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 7th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Israel

The bed was rock hard, I felt ive played a rugby match when I woke up. The heater definately did not work. I have noticed this at a few hostels around Europe now. The breakfast was awesome. My problem was 2 guys in my room. One who thinks ir was ok to talk on the phone with his light on late at night and one that turns up at 2am and makes a massive racket. Cant blame the hostel for that though!

staffs are really helpful and so kind!! and also they provide a breakfast which is so good!

The shower is really not so good...

Good, basic hostel. It is clean but a bit crowded and dated. Clapping lights in the bedrooms are a bad idea and the 30 second push button for the shower is a bit insulting. Would really like if the room had individual lockers to store luggage and belongings in.

The hostel was more like a hotel with bunk beds, not that I'm complaining! It was clean and spacious and our room had a gorgeous view of the river. The place seemed very family-oriented so it felt less like a hostel. The staff was nice and accommodating when we had a booking problem. Would recommend!

Stayed in the 6 bed dorm. Location is just a short walk from the centre, and nicely set next to the lake. Decent breakfast. Comfortable.

PERFECT! No other word could be any more just. It ticks every single box from safety to location. Excellent facilities and staff. I only regret having stayed with you as a last stop of my trip, otherwise I'd have booked with Stay Okay hostels for all over the Netherlands. I hope the rest of the chain is as good as you. You will not find the typical backpacker crew in there, which is a shame because this is what travelers deserve. It could've been a hotel, but it is (just) a 5-star hostel.

I always appreciate to sleep at Stayokay Maastricht !

The breakfast is very good (and included in the price, what's amazing). The atmosphere is nice (one can meet a lot of interesting people). We have to walk a little bit to get to places, but it's fine, because the view at the path is very beautiful. The beds are a little bit noisy and the automatic lamps are a little bit annoying. It's good to have a bathroom inside the bedroom. Definitely worth renting a bike to get around the city.

Room 131 best room ever...

• 6th Mar 2015

room temperature was a bit cold

Front staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.