Stayokay Maastricht Reviews

Maasboulevard 101, Maastricht, Netherlands

It is a 10-15 min from the train station to the hostel. But Maastricht is small and it is a comfortable walk. Hostel is neat and clean. Chargers available at bedside. I seldom find a hostel provide free breakfast, which is a HUGE bonus. Their breakfast is very decent. Stayokay Maastricht is right next to the town center. If you want cheap accommodation, Stayokay is your choice, since there are not many hostels in the city.

Everything was perfect apart from one small thing which i would urge you to reconsider. We wanted to get food delivered. We asked at the reception and were told no food is allowed in the hostel. I dont get this policy but i can understand this one. Then I asked her if i can get it delivered at the hostel address, we'll stand outside and pick it up and eat it outside. And we were told the same as before. This is almost unacceptable.

nothing wrong with the place, but seriously lacked atmosphere. good breakfast though. no lockers in rooms.

The location and the staff are really good. I think the place is lacking a bit of the laid back hostel atmosphere, it feels more like a hotel sometimes.

Staff very friendly and breakfast is nice as well . clean and tidy !

Was really quiet, I was travelling alone and hoping to meet fellow travellers. Location was amazing, lockers have to be hired. Clean hostel with individual power points for each bunk

A very nice place :)

Internet in the entire building would be nice in 2013...

• 3rd Nov 2013

The location and meals were excellent, and the staff very helpful.

It is a great option for staying in Maastricht, despite the high price... nice location near a park and the river and a short walk from city entrance, high quality instalations and perfectly clean. I would definitely stay there again :) But for the high price, it would be cool to have a guest kitchen and wifi in the rooms...

a little too big and anonymous for my taste. Other than that it was good, free breakfast and a good location were a definite plus. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Nasty odor in the whole building. Fleas in some beds.

Free breakfast was great. Hostel is immaculately clean, more like a hotel with bunk beds in the rooms. Unfortunately the weather was rainy and there was a school group booked in on the night I stayed (badly behaved group at that) but the hostel was very clean, staff incredibly friendly and helpful also. Wifi only works in the common area. Would definitely recommend.

It was very good to see that a team of maids looked in our room every day but it would have been even better if they would have also cleaned the shower and not only the basin and mirror. After 3 days the shower was literally clogged because of the hair in its sink......

• 11th Sep 2013

Best place to stay in Masstricht no doubts!

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Spain

I am fully satisfied with the hostel; especially the dining space and the lobby is awesome.

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Bangladesh

I really liked this hotel :) Everything was just perfect. My room was in a good condition, no stain on the wall, nothing was broken. Maybe the cleaners could swipe the room. And there were about six people in the room and sadly we had only one rubbish bin, it was not enough, so all the rubbish were put in the corner. But all in all, I had a good time there:) Thank you :)

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Lithuania

Having travelled for the whole year I have seen many hostels in different continents and this is my far the most clean and safest hostel I have come across. located on the banks of river Maas which is very central and walking distance away from railway station. I RECCOMMEND!!

We were in a private room for 4 people. Good room, no lockers, power plug for everyone but no air conditionning. Hard to find the hostel at first, but really nice location in front of water. It was a peaceful area. Not much to see or do, but go place to relax. A lot of family, so not a party hostel at all, we cant really met a lot of people!

A great hostel very close to the center of Maastricht. Breakfast one of the best I've had in a hostel after 1 month of interrailing. However if your looking to meet people in this hostel, you'll find it difficult

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7